Yes it will there is an exhaustive list of things making their appearance all will be revealed shortly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Actually no there won't be an L119 (I imagine Andy mixed it up with the L129).

Anyway, hold the questions and look for a new release thread towards the end of today with a following wind and fair seas.

Things are about to get peachy.

hey guys nice mod!

will/do you have a working beret with the bronzed badge? the one in the first pic is way too shiny.

btw i hate tards who do this to modders threads, so don't take me too seriously, but speaking as an ex RM reservist all the badges we had looked like this

http://www.wessex-rfca.org.uk/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/LTOR-C1.jpg

rather than the brasso'd parade variant like this, which you seem to have

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2007/11_01/HaydenRollasonNI_468x669.jpg

also the L119's from Lennard are about and he is usually happy to share... may be worth a punt to him if you want them. he gave them to me to include in our BAFX mod in A2.

more power to your elbows

i should add we also have a working fairbairn sykes commando dagger and may be able to help you with that. send me a pm.

eggbeast, the beret isn't ours we use the very excellent mod from Steels @beretpack2

We're so hyped to get the weapons released asap we really don't want to wait any longer for the L119's.

Perhaps we can look to do something with them at a later date, but no promises - we'd need an Arma3 worthy source or model though as we don't have the modelers internally to be able to create these from scratch.

---------- Post added at 19:56 ---------- Previous post was at 18:55 ----------

There you go guys...

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?191334-3CB-BAF-Weapons

will this mod change from cup weapons to your new mod?

Eventually yes - but we've got quite a lot of work to get there first. We're working on Several other packs that will combine up - Vehicles, equipment etc. Basically all the stuff we want to use on our private ops etc - we will release for public use where we can.

It just takes forever to get a good release - anyone who's ever released a pack will totally get the pain involved. There is SO much testing and tweaking needed to get something to the right standard... long and short is that we cannot give you any timescales, but it will be as soon as we can. :-)

Meanwhile there is nothing to stop you using scripts to replace the weapons, or an LEA profile etc. And of course they work fine in the VA - so you can save them to your loadouts etc.

SJ

Well I am not good at modding, I tried to remove cup weapons via cfg, but I failed somewhere so I decided to leave it to people more skilled than me. I will wait for update, nice to see mode growing, so I guest next targer armored vehicles?

Well I hope you guys at least update the infantry with the weapons pack asap.

I set a target for a MP campaign I'm doing for 2.5 weeks from now...........got a lot of hope for this, current infantry + new weapons would be just fine by me.

Next target is an update to the equipment in this pack which is again close to release but it needs lots more testing. Then as I said on the weapons we probably need to have a breath and discuss what we need to do.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sooooo............ just be honest with me. If I'm trying to have a mod/trainer ready by like May 10th for a large campaign kicking off on the 17th, would it be prudent to start doing my own config to use the 3CB Weapons with these units or should I focus on other stuff. I mean, I can extend out too, but not forever, I'm just looking for a ballpark figure here that isn't concrete. You guys don't have a roadmap I can follow do you?

... Do your config :-)

Totally makes sense - it could be a week it could be 2 months we just don't know till we get all the components drawn together in a pack and start the labourious test of checking EVERY single combination of helmet, goggle, kneepad, backpack etc etc etc

That way your guys won't be disappointed... and I know a shit load of others might appreciate it in the short term too - Feel free to post it and I can get it added to the OP if others want to use it.

SJ

... Do your config :-)

Totally makes sense - it could be a week it could be 2 months we just don't know till we get all the components drawn together in a pack and start the labourious test of checking EVERY single combination of helmet, goggle, kneepad, backpack etc etc etc

That way your guys won't be disappointed... and I know a shit load of others might appreciate it in the short term too - Feel free to post it and I can get it added to the OP if others want to use it.

SJ

:butbut:

Well at least at some point down the road we'll have a good, all-inclusive British mod that stays supported.

Thanks for the heads up though, really appreciated.

Edited by I WUB PUGS

I hope it's two weeks too :-) trouble is we have real life in the way :-)

It's coming along - the team are working on unit and group loadouts, Group configs, Models tweaks, Some Texture tweaks etc..

They're close - but still not in a final state yet - it'll be worth the wait I promise.

It's coming along - the team are working on unit and group loadouts, Group configs, Models tweaks, Some Texture tweaks etc..

They're close - but still not in a final state yet - it'll be worth the wait I promise.

I can't remember if you guys said you'd be configuring the BAF vehicles for these at the same time or not. I know originally you had wanted to leave them 'open' so people could use whatever without requirements, but this means they're default configed with vanilla units.

US patched troops flying "Merlins" and "Lynxes" makes my eyes twitch................and those voices.:mad:

The reason it wasn't done originally, was as you say, it meant a Shiite load of dependancies getting pulled in, STKR, CUP, 3CB_units etc

However with the reduction to JUST 3CB units/weapons (+ASDG of course) that may now be more viable.

We're trying to release the mods to be as inclusive as possible - will keep you informed as to the team decision.

Hi folks, I was wandering if I could ask a question please.

are there any more updates on the cards for this?

The reason is, im hoping to find a skin for 1 Welsh uniforms for my units. Could anyone point me in the right direction for any info please?

Many thanks

Yes these units will be updated in the future. We are currently working to release an equipment pack containing uniforms, helmets, berets, vests and backpacks. These units will then use that and our weapon pack. In addition to our current Royal Marine uniform, in the equipment pack we will be including a generic MTP uniform without the Royal Marine Commando shoulder badge. That may be of use to you.

Have you got any plans to include an arctic camo (if it full white counts as a camo)?

381325d1344523756-not-so-common-british-mk6-camo-rmc-norway.jpg

Not in this initial equipment release, no. It might have them in the future when we look at adding in the older desert and woodland camo. However for now, we are concentrating on the current MTP scheme.

Just to give everyone a taste of what's to come, we've been re-configuring our units pack to use our new weapons and the soon to be launched Equipment mod. In addition we've been working hard to try and get the next iteration of our vehicles pack out with significantly improved Jackals and Coyotes. Massive amounts of work, but should be ready sooner than later...

YAdw91v.jpg[/img]

Quick advert: We have many more unskinned assets and lots of UK specific models donated, what's holding us back is a lack of texture artists - if you fancy joining up with a fun and easy going group of mature UK realism gamers and have Texture or modelling skills please let me know - we have skilled config gurus who will help you get your creations into game.

Edited by serjames