Hmm, not sure - I think Arka is working on our Apache at the moment....

Totally re-textured with High res maps etc.

RTR tanker kit shouldn't take very long - just less of a priority for us.

SJ

Hey im not sure what binoculars you units are using but there not vanilla as they dont respond to

this unassignItem "Binocular";
this removeItem "Binocular";

this removeWeapon "Binocular";

they do respond to

removeAllAssignedItems this;

However this also removes everything else so my question is what is the binoculars class name i have search all your dependencies classnames and can not find this out

Pretty sure they're vanilla mate, but will check.

SJ

Hey im not sure what binoculars you units are using but there not vanilla as they dont respond to

this unassignItem "Binocular";
this removeItem "Binocular";

they do respond to

However this also removes everything else so my question is what is the binoculars class name i have search all your dependencies classnames and can not find this out

The binoculars are added to the units in the weapon list, not the items.

Check here - https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Arma_3_CfgWeapons_Items

The binoculars are added to the units in the weapon list, not the items.

Check here - https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Arma_3_CfgWeapons_Items

Thanks man so silly they changed things like this its very confusing moving from arma 2 to arma 3 they have changed so much sometimes for the best XD other times for no specified reason

After some further testing doesn't seem to remove the binoculars either

Here is all im trying to do

Units Init:

this additem "cse_bandage_basic";
this additem "cse_tourniquet";
this additem "cse_morphine";
this additem "STKR_HMNVS";
this assignitem "STKR_HMNVS";

It all works except the binoculars there refusing to go as stated originally the only way i seem to be able to remove them is via

this however isnt ideal as i only wish to remove the binoculars

=====================================

Pretty sure they're vanilla mate, but will check.

SJ

I also thought they were vanilla but i have tried using its class name with no success the one command that does all and isn't class name specific did it first time your assistants would be greatly appreciated as i have spent far to long trying to remove a pair of binoculars :p

Edited by Deathknight0897

Ok will check again internally - Pretty sure we're using the standard Vanilla A3 Binocs - but maybe they're @CUP ?

Will double check

SJ

Do you guys plan on updating the config with Kiory's L85's?

Just to preempt the answer Kiorys latest models aren't on PW6 which is a killer for our group. There are things in the pipeline but I don't want to say what.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok will check again internally - Pretty sure we're using the standard Vanilla A3 Binocs - but maybe they're @CUP ?

Will double check

SJ

Thankyou very much

Ok - Cat Checked the Configs and they're vanilla, his post (above) should in theory work....

Ok - Cat Checked the Configs and they're vanilla, his post (above) should in theory work....

No idea why its not working have tried every method of removing them i think im just going to have to remove it all to add it back which seems quite silly just to remove one item

I've started to write this post a couple of times and then scrapped it because my question seems slightly redundant in that this must surely be on your mind already but (what the hey); have you/are you considering seeking permissions to release a comprehensive, modern day UK faction combining...

- Your (3CB) units, aircraft & Jackals

- Stalker GB's vests/backpacks/helmets

- Kiory's L85s

- Burnes' Challenger

- Panzyfaust's (or your own ported) Landrovers

- Steel's berets

- Probably others (i.e. Cleggy's Ridgeback)

...as a standalone package? Seems like the obvious thing to do, something that could stand alongside RHS's RF and US factions.

Edited by Defunkt

There's a good few mods exactly like that already released. Quite why is beyond me, you could just download them yourself and compile them into one addon folder with minimal effort.

RKSL is planning to release an entire faction of UK Forces stuff all original models rather than A2 ports we have in the community at the moment.

RKSL is planning to release an entire faction of UK Forces

Excuse me if I don't hold my breath waiting for that particular prediction to eventuate.

The quick answer to this is yes. That is exactly what we are seeking to do, with everything you have mentioned and more. Where we can collaborate with other mod makers and get their permissions to include their releases, we are. Where we can't, we are having to do it ourselves where possible. It would be great to work with others looking to do the same thing, rather than having multiple versions of BAF.

Anyway, just this weekend we intend to test our 3CB Jackals and Coyotes, Apaches, backpacks, vests and weapons on our modding server for bugs. They all have brand new features and textures. Once they are passed and released, there is quite a bit more to come. There is a lot going on behind the scenes so please bear with us.

Excuse me if I don't hold my breath waiting for that particular prediction to eventuate.

HAHA Given whats going on right now I'd suggest no one don't try holding your breath. :)

---------- Post added at 12:46 ---------- Previous post was at 12:35 ----------

...RKSL is planning to release an entire faction of UK Forces stuff all original models rather than A2 ports we have in the community at the moment.

Thats not entirely correct either the UKAF collection was a move toward that but it wouldn't have been 100 or even 50% RKSL. Recent events have forced new plans but you can pretty much look at RKSL as on pause for the moment, at least in Public terms anyway.

But I am glad others are picking up the baton and trying to create a British Faction.

Ha, this +9000.

Standalone package combining mods would be superior.

As Evrik says, you can expect to see some exciting, high quality, mod additions for the BAF faction coming from us at 3CB very soon.

Just to add my 2p worth... the reason it's taking a long time is that we only have a couple of guys who can do textures. We also have one guy who can do some small parts scratch modelled when he gets a chance, but we really could do with someone who wants to come and help us with some more serious modelling. Another experienced texture artist would be great too!!!

In summary we've got some really great experienced guys on config and packaging side. But really need model makers and texture guys...

Sent from my KFTHWI using Tapatalk

Just checking in to see if anyone wants to drop some news here.

Also, did anyone of you give thought to taking up Trixie's weapons and maintaining them specifically for this mod?

Give us a few days pug, exciting things are on their way no need to worry.

I have no idea, Apollo maybe all the exciting news has gone to his head.