Sign in to follow this  
cirav

[WIP] Map Wake Island

I can't wait for this map to be released, with no port of Fort Benning, I have been debating on a map to use as a training base and this looks like it would work just fine. Keep up the good work.

Twizztid

why "waiting" ? On the MANW Site of Wake Island is a download button. You can download it there.

chrys45,

Thanks for letting me know on my way to download it now.

Twiztid

chrys45,

Thanks for letting me know on my way to download it now.

Twiztid

you are welcome.

@Cirav

Your both islands are just beautiful. Wake Island is nice to use for lot of kind of mission.

However thank you.

Could you maybe add a bigger pier for larger ships like the Iowa? It doesn't fit well at the current one, to shallow and narrow :)

http://i.imgur.com/Fy9p8Lx.jpg

Erm, while i could see that being cool, i'm certain that the big ships staye further out at sea, while the less big ships/and amphibious craft carried men/supplies back and fourth, as well as aircraft. I may be wrong though...

Erm, while i could see that being cool, i'm certain that the big ships staye further out at sea, while the less big ships/and amphibious craft carried men/supplies back and fourth, as well as aircraft. I may be wrong though...

I do not know if the Iowa has realistic draft in game, but in real life that particular inlet is 1.5 to 2.5 metres deep while for example the Iowa's draft is 11 metres. As you can see in the picture, the water is still too shallow even a hundred metres out and you would need quite a long pier to dock the Iowa. Not that it or ships of its caliber would ever dock at Wake Island.

First off i would like to say you've done an amazing job on the map and already had earned my support during the MANW contest i was flying around the map today and noticed the ammo bunkers off to the side of the island near the junk yards i was wondering if you were planning on installing fences around them or placing more bunkers in that area. also i had noticed that over by the airport terminal that the parking apron spots dont match up to the lined ones was that intended ?