Sign in to follow this  
geloxo

GX Zeus Advanced Script

Create things as Zeus, then export them with my script and then copy the exported content (it has sqf format) to a script that you have to run after mission starts or when you want it to happen. The exported stuff is available at your windows clipboard or in the jayarma2lib log file if you use that addon.

Is quite simple but ask if you have more questions. Manual explains the steps as well.

Cheers

Hey Geoloxo, have you ever heard of the DUWS mission? I am thinking of trying to use your script here to overcome the lack of challenge found in that mission.

Do it, you can achieve great results thrust me. I remember a mission we played at our community for WWII (20 players I think). No AI was set on the map. 3 people played as Zeus:

- 1 created ambience, explossions, planes flying, etc

- 1 Zeus spawned AI to fight against players

- 1 Zeus created friendly units as part of the roleplaying for players historyline

I played as Zeus and really enjoyed it a lot.

Do it, you can achieve great results thrust me. I remember a mission we played at our community for WWII (20 players I think). No AI was set on the map. 3 people played as Zeus:

- 1 created ambience, explossions, planes flying, etc

- 1 Zeus spawned AI to fight against players

- 1 Zeus created friendly units as part of the roleplaying for players historyline

I played as Zeus and really enjoyed it a lot.

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?160117-SP-Dynamic-Universal-War-System-(DUWS-alpha0-1)

This what I am hoping to use your script with. If it works I think it will be an amazing experience for my group. Big IF though.

edit geloxo I COULD FREAKING KISS YOU! It works like a CHARM! Took some editing to the sqm file for DUWS but holy heck this is the best thing ever for ARMA.

Edited by Rallye

OK, so I am having an issue here. My players can see all the addon units we use in the game in their zeus menu. However, no matter which slot I take, I cannot see any of these addon units in the zeus interface until after someone else spawns them. I am hosting....

Check documentation about cooperative editing and JIP. The behaviour of the script depends on how Zeus itself works.

There you will find the answers.

I am not sure what part of the documentation you are referring to.

At mission load "Zeus2" can see all addon units (RHS, F16 , F18 etc) in the zeus menu and spawn them in. I cannot see any of these items until he spawns them in. Then I can spawn them in as well. This happens regardless of which player slot I am using.

Edited by Rallye