Sign in to follow this  
devilslayersbane

Great errors when importing models

Ok, so i keep getting errors when trying to import my model into Object Builder. The first one I fixed, trying to import it as a .3ds file (about the KFData being missing). Then I got a missing mesh error after fixing that, so then I attempted to try a .obj file import and was told that I have too many vertices on one face. Anyone desire to take a look at the model to try and figure it out?

Ok, so i keep getting errors when trying to import my model into Object Builder. The first one I fixed, trying to import it as a .3ds file (about the KFData being missing). Then I got a missing mesh error after fixing that, so then I attempted to try a .obj file import and was told that I have too many vertices on one face. Anyone desire to take a look at the model to try and figure it out?

You cannot import Ngon faces into O2

when that happens to me when i use 3ds max i use a program called "Zmodeler" it's helpful alot... and as PuFU said you can not import Ngon Faces so when ever i do get a Ngon face i just import to zmodeler and then export it as a .3ds.

if your using a high - low workflow, baking out the normals and ect, it shouldnt be that big of an issue on getting all your faces to quads and tris. (everything gets reduced to triangles in any game engine anyways) as you gain more experience with it you will be able to plan your topology better so you dont run into issues such as these.