Meatball0311

SOCMOD Release Thread

Ah silly me, I should have checked before I posted! Thanks  :)

It's alright mate, you know how many times I have asked questions and the answer was like right on the post above?

Plenty of camo options for all gear

Execept for MC right? Or were you guys able to convince fluttershy it was not evil.

• Like 4

Forgive me for asking, but is there any timetable on when this new update is coming? I'm REALLY hyped about it!

Well be hyped and wait, simple as that. It's against the rules to ask, so don't ask, damn it!

please help me.

How do I put the flag on his helmet?someone could help me with the exact configuration?

2009b9.jpg

25kpyr4.jpg

please help me.

How do I put the flag on his helmet?someone could help me with the exact configuration?

You will have to retexture it if it has hiddenselections. 

• Like 1

You will have to retexture it if it has hiddenselections. 

I do not know how to do it.it is difficult if you do it yourself ?

SOCMOD guys are super against retextures so you wouldn't be able to.

You can't add selections to the model, it's binarised, and even adding them to the model.cfg and config.cpp wouldn't work either, SOCMOD guys would have had to have placed these "selections" on the base model.

Bottom line, you wont be able to use "hidden selections" on these models.

and as warden also stated, they have a bit of a no re texture policy either.

and as warden also stated, they have a bit of a no re texture policy either.

They certainly do. 

@arabian76 - your first question when referring to someone else's addon should not be, "how do I change x"  but rather  " can I have permission to change x" 

• Like 3

Amazing mod guys looking forward to using the US SF gear in the future. 

mods like this are the reason i still play arma :D

also btw the first page armaholic version has not been updated its just the very first version of the mod.

also btw the first page armaholic version has not been updated its just the very first version of the mod.

Because the mod is not updated yet.

Because the mod is not updated yet.

My mistake i was under the impression there was a more updated version than 1.0 because of the change log notes on the first page thanks for clearing that up. 

Leafing through the mod folder.I found this readme.I can not wait.

I'm shivering

Untitled-1_zps041df59f.jpg

Bn1chLH.jpg

[sOC] MOD

SPECIAL OPERATIONS CAPABLE

- updated on 09OCT14

UPDATE 03FEB14  - Added GEAR: LBT-6094A, PCU Combat Shirt, Mechanix Covert Gloves
UPDATE 08FEB14  - Added GEAR: LBT-1961A, AVS Chest Rig
UPDATE 10FEB14  - Added GEAR: ANVIS-9, AN/PVS-15, GPNVG-18
UPDATE 25MAR14 - Compiled pics into hotlinks per project
UPDATE 04APR14  - Posted JPC work done by Sabre
UPDATE 05APR14  - ADDED CRYE AirFrame Helmet to gear list
UPDATE 07APR14  - ADDED CRYE Precision Combat Uniform GEN 3, Eagle MMAC, NCPC to gear list
UPDATE 09OCT14  - REORGANIZED and UPDATED

THEORY - Our priority is to get our completed models finished and in-game, so we can move closer to assembling units to be tested.  Then we will move onto other ideas that we have cooking that will tie everything together and give a complete stable version that we feel comfortable to release with possible future updates.  Once again, there is no timetable for any of this, and be assured that there is continued work going on.  Thanks.

SOC TEAM (in no specific order)
Meatball0311
fluttershy
JeffersPang
astast 
Assifuah
Binkowski
Spaceman0372
mumblz
WarLord554

SPECIAL THANKS
STALKERGB - thank you for helping out in the weighing of the uniform and all other help and kindness.
Yokhanan - appreciate the hard work you put in for our logo ;)
Sabre - appreciate the work you contributed and wish you the best.

PROJECTED PROJECTS (Nothing is guaranteed, in any specific order, or final)

[uNITS]:
- MARSOC (Woodland M81, MARPAT)
- SEALS (All)
- (TBD) RANGERS (Multicam)

[uNIFORMS]:
- CRYE Precision GEN 3 w/Airflex Kneepads (Woodland M81) (FUTURE) Multicam, AOR)
- CRYE Precision GEN 3 w/out Airflex Kneepads (Woodland M81(FUTURE) Multicam, AOR)
- CRYE Precision GEN 3 w/out Airflex Kneepads w/Gaitors (Woodland M81) (FUTURE) Multicam, AOR)
- (FUTURE) CRYE Precision AC

[WEAPONS]:
- (FUTURE) M4A1, Mk-18, M110C, M9, Mk-17 

[GEAR]:

Helmets
- FAST Maritime
- MICH 2000
- (FUTURE)FAST Ballistic, MICH 2001, MICH TC 2002, CRYE AirFrame Helmet

NVG
- (FUTURE)AN/AVS-9, AN/PVS-15, GPNVG-18

Vests
- LV-MBAV (Modular Body Armor Vest) w/ First Strike Triple Magazine Pouch  (MARSOC) (Coyote, Multicam)
-(FUTURE) JPC (Jumpable Plate Carrier), CAGE Plate Carrier (CPC), CAGE Plate Carrier Navy (NCPC), SFLCS-MBAV, Eagle MMAC (Multi Mission Armor Carrier), LBT-6094 (versions to be determined), LBT-1961A, AVS Chest Rig

Accessories
- Peltor COMTAC III
- PRC-148
- BUIS
- UA TAC MID GTX Boots
- (FUTURE)Boonie Cover, Beanie, Merrell Boots,

**********THIS POST WILL BE UPDATED CONTINUALLY**********
  • Like 1

I hope someone gives the devs of this mod a hand or two, because I remember reading on this thread that they were short on people and they had a lot of responsibilities for a small team. I have only just started learning about how to develop a mod for Arma 3 so don't count me in LOL.

• Like 1

Spero che qualcuno dà gli sviluppatori di questo mod una mano o due, perché mi ricordo di aver letto su questo thread che erano a corto di persone e avevano un sacco di responsabilità per un piccolo team. Ho appena iniziato l'apprendimento su come sviluppare un mod per Arma 3 quindi non mi contare LOL.

possibly for retexture there 's me too.Working with Photoshop,I would be honored .I'm available.

• Like 1

Retexture are not authorized for that addon !

Mate, i think Arabian, in his last post, is meaning that he can help out with the texture for the mod. He already explaned that his english is not too good :)

• Like 5

Mate, i think Arabian, in his last post, is meaning that he can help out with the texture for the mod. He already explaned that his english is not too good :)

Oh i see ;) So i'm sorry for the message.

• Like 2

It has been an overload of work. Here lately it's been three of us. However, majority of new content is done!! We are organizing the pbo's as of now, there is a ton of content to go through and make sure everything is correct before release

• Like 13

It has been an overload of work. Here lately it's been three of us. However, majority of new content is done!! We are organizing the pbo's as of now, there is a ton of content to go through and make sure everything is correct before release

Great! That's awesome to hear guys.I know a LOT of people have been waiting to hear that announcement ;)

• Like 3

Good news , so as we speak it's more about hours (or days) and not months for the release ? 

• Like 1