Meatball0311

SOCMOD Release Thread

I'm not an expert at all but they are using MBAV and other things.

What does it have to do with SOCMOD?

Just wanting to know, not everything has to be SOCMOD related.

With a mod called SOCMOD I'd kinda assume it would be ... ;)

@warden. Yes geo lods are fully integrated with proper plates, etc. thisckness and actual material penetration values taken into account. As for helmet batteries, ofcourse they will not stop a bullet, however will slow it down or deflect it quite a bit is what I meant. Even the cordura helmet pouch will affect a bullets penetration.

So let me be more specific. Plates will provide realistic ballistic protection for direct shots. However, almost every item and piece of gear from us will have an EFFECT on ballistics (even if small and not noticeable to the naked eye)

@Spartan. Using both their formula, a custom mix between physical geo lod application and realistic material penetration values which I have spent waaaaay too much time researching. For example a bullet will act differently in real life when it hits cloth, ripstop, cordura, nvg tubes, helmet earphones, etc. All taken into account in various ways. Keep in mind that the biggest influence for INGAME penetration is a bullets velocity. Just the way BI did it. So it's up to mod makers to properly setup bullet values for our gear to have a complete ballistic effect

@warden. Yes geo lods are fully integrated with proper plates, etc. thisckness and actual material penetration values taken into account. As for helmet batteries, ofcourse they will not stop a bullet, however will slow it down or deflect it quite a bit is what I meant. Even the cordura helmet pouch will affect a bullets penetration.

any videos of this system in action available?

I started planning a campaign using this mod and the 160th SOAR Mod this is almost ready to come out but I can't use it because the reload animation is broken. Can you please fix it?

If I understand correctly the reload anim for current released SOCMOD M4 is broken? V1 will no longer be supported as V2 is almost done

• Like 1

If I understand correctly the reload anim for current released SOCMOD M4 is broken? V1 will no longer be supported as V2 is almost done

The reload animation for the 2 weapons you have in the mod are kind of broken yes. You put the mag where a pistol mag should go and its more like reloading a pistol. Where is V2? Is there another thread for V2? Also your 160th SOAR Mod is the best waiting patiently for it to come out! 

We released "V1" long before all these updates. Im suprised its lasted this long without major problems regarding weapon animations. No we have not showcased the all new stuff yet

Damn man....the MK18 weapon sound is the best I've ever heard. I would love to be able to use it on all my M4s...

We released "V1" long before all these updates. Im suprised its lasted this long without major problems regarding weapon animations. No we have not showcased the all new stuff yet

Well I really hope i actually get some screenshots soon because I am very excited. You guys make very good and high quality mods. I'd atleast like to see if i should start working on the campaign or wait. And yes, like RHDent said the sounds are very well done I really enjoy them!

I think he meant not correct, as "ReloadSMG_02" is a great anim for M4/M16 family weapons.

Can you tell us what the V2 is bringing into the game or you want to keep it secret until it's finish?

Can you tell us what the V2 is bringing into the game or you want to keep it secret until it's finish?

I would also like to know this. I've been following the mod since it's first inception and I keep going back to look at the Crye uniforms that were made and some of the other weapons that didn't make it in such as the MK48. I did see that some Block 2s were made for V2 but I forgot where I saw those at.

Hey guys I ove this mod!Any chance in V2 for a version of your helmet without the IR strobe on top?Or maybe one with a few different models of strobe?I know this is a silly minor complaint...but I find the curved model f strobe makes units look a bit like clone troopers from the StarWars prequel movies...and we all want to avoid that :D

Since there are going to be 160th SOAR Black Hawks coming out soon and there is a Mogadishu map out, will there be SFOD-D gear and uniforms?

Since there are going to be 160th SOAR Black Hawks coming out soon and there is a Mogadishu map out, will there be SFOD-D gear and uniforms?

Probably not.  The plan that was stated for this mod was to focus on MARSOC/Marine Raiders first and then focusing on SEALs/Rangers and after that focusing on other SF groups.

^^ exactly. However, besides camo patterns most of the gear can be used by any/all socom branches. Some gear is also available with branch specific patches, but also "sterile" versions to be enjoyed by all militaries

Please forgive my ignorance here, but has the SOCMOD covered MARSOC and are now moving on to SOCOM gear?

When it's ready. Patience is a virtue :)

I know it is :D

but not even a picture? :(