Meatball0311

SOCMOD Release Thread

No it hasn't. The last status update that they said about the upcoming patch was that they were close to releasing one but that was several months ago.

I hate to be THAT guy constantly asking for updates but I'm going to just this once.(So sorry in advance!)

SOC is still being worked on right? A lot of awesome mods have been canceled, or ceased development lately and I just want to make sure my beloved SOC isn't one of them!

Not at all. In fact, SOCMOD has been completly reborn, every item has been upgraded, and a whole new gear/weapons lineup created.

Not at all. In fact, SOCMOD has been completly reborn, every item has been upgraded, and a whole new gear/weapons lineup created.

Wow! I can honestly say I wasn't expecting that. To say I'm impressed would be an understatement! Well now I can't wait to see what you guys cooked up!:p

Good to hear that you guys are still working on it :)

Just so you guys don't get your hopes up the SOCMOD team apparently has decided to not do a public release.

Just so you guys don't get your hopes up the SOCMOD team apparently has decided to not do a public release.

What? Are you serious? If so, the SOCMOD team would definitely tell us. April fools is long over mate =/

Pay no attention to this guy. I can assure you V2 is being worked on extensively every day and there is A LOT of new stuff in the works for you guys.

I feel like if there hasn't been news on an addon in over a month, it should not be considered spam to ask for an update. That is not unreasonable in my view. IDK.

Anyway, excited for the new version!

I feel like if there hasn't been news on an addon in over a month, it should not be considered spam to ask for an update. That is not unreasonable in my view. IDK.

Anyway, excited for the new version!

Unfortunately i would have to disagree, perhaps take time to read the following rule:

§5) No Spam

We deem spam as making a thread or posting a reply that has no real worth, is irrelevant, useless and offers nothing to a discussion. Posting "any news" or "is it out yet" type posts are also spam. Messages of banned members are also considered as spam. If your post/thread is not able to illicit or sustain an in depth conversation then it's spam. This also applies to other areas of the forums such as leaving visitor messages on people's profiles. Spam may be dealt with by post count reduction, Post Restriction and/or formal warning.

Pay no attention to this guy. I can assure you V2 is being worked on extensively every day and there is A LOT of new stuff in the works for you guys.

You guys may want to have a little in-team discussion then. I dont think all of you are on the same page at the moment as one of you mentioned specifically there would not be a public release but a few small groups would get the addon... If that is not true and you are planning a release then awesome :)

So wait a minute, if you're not on the SOCMOD team Warden_1 why are you even stating a false opinion/view of the team?

Honestly I'm trying not to say anything but seriously, nobody asked you, and you're not in the position to speak for them. I did weapon work for them but doesn't give me any "authority" to speak about their project and honestly if they're going to inform us they will in due time.

I was informed by one of their team members... And no one asked me specifically but there were a few people who kept asking for updates so I was chiming in with what I knew. Simple as that.

Yeah well I think the point is that we'll depend on the actual SOCMOD people posting information on the status of the mod as opposed to you or anybody else, to include me.

Well, i thought it was cleared up. So......

SOCMOD is not dead. Everything has been redone and alot of new material added.

Regardless of who said what, or who heard what, all official news will be posted on our thread regarding anything SOCMOD related

Permissions to take few of the pbo's (helmets) and retexture them, than publish them

Im making a Tier 1 Gear pack, and I want to put your maritimes on the pack, because are nice helmets.

:confused:

Permissions to take few of the pbo's (helmets) and retexture them, than publish them

Im making a Tier 1 Gear pack, and I want to put your maritimes on the pack, because are nice helmets.

:confused:

from 1st post:

We do not grant permission to retexture, modify, and or add third party content to original release.

I have this problem where none of the plate carriers have an armor value for them. Unless I'm just an idiot and they are only for holding things, and not plate carriers

EDIT: I saw that there was a post saying the same thing, but the armor should definitely be increased some, maybe to halfway or so, but the mod is still amazing!

---------- Post added at 02:14 ---------- Previous post was at 02:04 ----------

Unfortunately i would have to disagree, perhaps take time to read the following rule:

Well, you are totally right with that statement

spam

noun

irrelevant or inappropriate messages sent on the Internet to a large number of recipients.

trademark

a canned meat product made mainly from ham.

verb

send the same message indiscriminately to (large numbers of recipients) on the Internet.

Edited by xxninjabudderxx

I have this problem where none of the plate carriers have an armor value for them. Unless I'm just an idiot and they are only for holding things, and not plate carriers

EDIT: I saw that there was a post saying the same thing, but the armor should definitely be increased some, maybe to halfway or so, but the mod is still amazing!

I don't know how to quote two people (noob), but WarLord554 said that they have "reworked" the entire mod and have a lot of new content added. They more than likely updated that in the upcoming update.

^^ yessir. All equipment and gear will have correct armor thickness and penetration values. Including actual plates. Everything is accounted for. So a helmet battery will provide more ballistic protection than not having one attached for example. Have spent many long nights getting various material penetrations as accurate as possible. That was a biggie to us

Can anyone tell me what kind of vest the Army Rangers use?

I'm not an expert at all but they are using MBAV and other things.

What does it have to do with SOCMOD?

A helmet battery? Are you talking about an anvis or one of L3s packs? They wouldn't really provide any more protection. Also regarding the plate carriers and what not, are you guys using actual plates for the geom LOD so only those locations stop rounds? If so thats pretty neato.

^^ yessir. All equipment and gear will have correct armor thickness and penetration values. Including actual plates. Everything is accounted for. So a helmet battery will provide more ballistic protection than not having one attached for example. Have spent many long nights getting various material penetrations as accurate as possible. That was a biggie to us

I wish BIS did this as well. I do have a question one I asked a long while back, are you using the same damage resistance formulas as BI does or are you actually requiring a bullets penetration capability to go through the SAPI plates to do damage?