Meatball0311

SOCMOD Release Thread

Ive wanted to do one for a while. We have several sniper weapons on the shelf that will be upcoming. Perhaps we can include one in a complete "sniper" update.

We are working on an update coming soon that will add some very cool gear and weapons. Stay tuned :)

In regards to the ghillie I was wondering if u could make it fill the hat role but still appear as a uniform. Because you could never carry another uniform in your gear without filling up half of the space.

Negative. Because the ghillie will have a seperate ghillie hood in the helmet slot, and a seperate ghillie mask in the goggle slot

Ghillie suits actually should take up half of your daysack. They're bulky items. Same goes for a full set of uniform once you switch out. Unless you're carrying a sizeable pack, you're not going to have much space for anything other than a couple of spare mags, your blowout kit, some food, water and other essentials. And that's how it should be.

If you ditch the AT weapons you might find enough space for both your long rifle AND your ghillie suit ;).

Seriously though, I think the current vanilla set up with the Ghillies is near enough spot on, even for a ghillie shroud.

Ghillie suits actually should take up half of your daysack. They're bulky items. Same goes for a full set of uniform once you switch out. Unless you're carrying a sizeable pack, you're not going to have much space for anything other than a couple of spare mags, your blowout kit, some food, water and other essentials. And that's how it should be.

If you ditch the AT weapons you might find enough space for both your long rifle AND your ghillie suit ;).

Seriously though, I think the current vanilla set up with the Ghillies is near enough spot on, even for a ghillie shroud.

If your actually stuffing a full Ghillie into your pack yea. I didn't say that the weight of the ghillie should be the same as a helmet or hat just suggesting that it take the helmet slot. Something like the Tactical Concealment viper hood or the Cobra hood/smock. These things are not very heavy at all and go on over your current uniform/gear. Full ghillies should still be just that full ghillies.

original.jpg

Folks i made my own ghille and they aren't just so have heavy as you guys say when wet is a thing but ussualy they're dry and don't weight like a vest the worst part is the hot that this thing is very hotbut it's not so heavy that's the point

It would be nice to have some armour value added to the vests and helmets! Any idea if this will be updated?

Just to confirm, the vest have no armor values right? It seems pretty easy to get killed with this vest on

No rush! The wait will be well worth it, I know that. Love the gear so far.

All in due time fellas. Quite a bit of stuff in next update, takes time

Another question for you guys about what's coming in this beautiful mod!

Are you guys planning on adding the Drifire Fire-resistant M81 combat set? It seems like the M81 cryes are being mostly phased out by marsoc in favor of it, and it would add a sweet little bit of variety to what we already have!

Edited by SqueakerGWS
grammar is not my strong suit

The DriFire M81 sets are currently being phased out as well as the original Crye M81 sets, Drifire and Crye have teamed up to create a single combat set "Cryefires"... looks like Crye set but has Drifire material which was desperately needed. That being said some OG Drifire combat sets would be amazing.

The DriFire M81 sets are currently being phased out as well as the original Crye M81 sets, Drifire and Crye have teamed up to create a single combat set "Cryefires"... looks like Crye set but has Drifire material which was desperately needed. That being said some OG Drifire combat sets would be amazing.

Huh i did not know that, it's great to see two companies teaming up to get our guys what they need! Would still be awesome to see as a basic Drifire set like you said!

Yeah wishlist:

- Drifires

- PCU top and Crye bottoms

- PCU top and Drifire bottoms

- PCU top and normal BDU bottoms

- RAID mod BDU set

- Fixed G3 Cryes

- CB AVS

- Switch from the weird Nike-like shoes to something more accurate like Asolos or Merrells

Where would one go about getting the most recent version of SOCMOD? I've been reading through a lot of these comments about adding new things or about things that have been added, but the downloaded SOCMOD I got from Armaholic doesn't have any of the newer stuff in it. It's still Version 1.0 that was released back in October. I really love this mod just from the things I've seen so far and from what I've been reading, I can only imagine how much more I would love it with the new stuff.

There hasn't been one yet. It hasn't been said about the status of the update.

Only initial release is out. We have held off with all new stuff for next update. You have probably seen teasers or something like that.

Have you are some new wip images for us?

I quote, as it would be nice to have some^^

offtopic, but are there some Crye AC Multicam pants/shirts yet?

Yes. Fluttershy loves doing MC! Keep in mind this is MARSOC, so main focus is not MC. You will see it in our SEALs and Army SF, along with other unit specific gear/weapons.

but he hasn't released it yet? I'm sorry I didn't keep up for the last 5 months or so lol