Meatball0311

SOCMOD Release Thread

Well needless to say weapons are still under heavy development, currently getting a complete overhaul. You guys basically got an alpha test release(we tested, so gave it to you guys to try). The clipping issues will be addressed, and new vests are being finished along with much more. As far as weapons go, we want to create everything ourselves. But that's the beauty of Arma, mission designers can equip their units with whatever gear they would like, made by whoever they'd like.

Oh well, I'll look forward to it !! The only thing I can say is...

Man I'm dying waiting for the next release XD

:D

great mod!

but how can I wear gloves?

Game models are not equipped with gloves.

I have noticed that the woodland textures in game look washed out, it's more like everything has a white dull shinyness over it all. Was that intentional to make them look faded or am I the only one with this issue?

I have noticed that the woodland textures in game look washed out, it's more like everything has a white dull shinyness over it all. Was that intentional to make them look faded or am I the only one with this issue?

Yes the used effect and washed out pattern was and is our design decision on the woodland uniforms.

Found this out by accident with the GPNVG-18s on the [sOC]Maritime GRY helmet:

http://562.50megs.com/Arma3/error4.jpg

I figure it's a proxy issue as when the NVGs are removed you can see as normal. So I figure it's just the proxy is a bit too low in the First person view.

question: will you guys be or are you working on multicam units? I really love these first models but my unit is army and as we all know the army no longer wears BDU's

They are working on marsoc now, and as such i would not expect a lot of mc/ scorpion w2 here more that a jcp, but they have intents to add other units in the future like Navy SEALs and Rangers, so is just waiting a bit.

Yes that's correct. MARSOC is the current focus. Although some of the other gear in development can be used in various branches of special operations. Also planned are SEALs, and because there are a million Ranger mods WIP, we decided to go with US Army Special Forces (known to most as Green Berets).

And Recon, BDUs are still widely used in many SF theatres, including Africa and South America, but the latest patterns will also be included :)

Yes that's correct. MARSOC is the current focus. Although some of the other gear in development can be used in various branches of special operations. Also planned are SEALs, and because there are a million Ranger mods WIP, we decided to go with US Army Special Forces (known to most as Green Berets).

And Recon, BDUs are still widely used in many SF theatres, including Africa and South America, but the latest patterns will also be included :)

Unless i can stop my team from dropping the MC bomb on our work. Damn dumbass gradient shizzlefizzles patterns. Reguarding Scorpio 2 or what its called, there is hardly any images online, so a recreation, like for our AOR1 and 2 as well as Woodland won't be an option. Also, to be the nitpicky german i am... BDU is a cut, "Battle Dress Uniform" the pattern used on our current MARSOC Unfirom Models is ERDL Woodland. Just like it is tri-color desert on DCUs (Desert Combat uniform) and UCP (universal camo pattern) on ACU cut Uniforms.

VOTE NOW! STOP MULTICAM FROM TAKING OVER THE TEXTURES!

And don`t worry, with how it is going at the moment, we might need some more time on the MARSOC Uniforms before moving forward to Seals and Green Berets. All for the better though, at least we think so.

Actually the pattern is M81 woodland, ERDL is vietnam era, the predecessor to M81.

M81 woodland + ERDL transitionnal + ERDL

http://i.imgur.com/mGiYQQ7.jpg (125 kB)

Also the white "highlights" on the uniform really stand out and kind of overwhelm the textures and make the uniform seem shiny. But other than those highlights the units are fucking sick. Love the work and can't wait to see what you fellas come out with next.

Keep up the killer work guys.

I can't agree more, as I pointed out before the white shine is not giving it a worn look but more of a glossy one... it would be better to just keep on the faded pattern path that you have over a lot of the uniform. :)

Also since you seem so against having MC versions of the G3s would you consider some basic BDUs in M81? That or DriFires would be hella kosher for marsoc.

I can't agree more, as I pointed out before the white shine is not giving it a worn look but more of a glossy one... it would be better to just keep on the faded pattern path that you have over a lot of the uniform. :)

Also since you seem so against having MC versions of the G3s would you consider some basic BDUs in M81? That or DriFires would be hella kosher for marsoc.

Seems this is a common question about the "worn out" look being too glossy.. we will look into this a little further.

MC will be added as soon as it is needed, at this time we are focusing on MARSOC.

I found the uniform fade to be spot on, even the glossy aspect of it, when I compare it to my old summer weight woodlands, though they are also permastarched so that may be why lol

And would y'all mind if we changed the armor values of the mbav for private use while we wait for the patch? My crew and I are dyin to use em but we get schwacked too quick as is

I found the uniform fade to be spot on, even the glossy aspect of it, when I compare it to my old summer weight woodlands, though they are also permastarched so that may be why lol

And would y'all mind if we changed the armor values of the mbav for private use while we wait for the patch? My crew and I are dyin to use em but we get schwacked too quick as is

Thanks for the input and we are aiming to get an update out this week and the new values will be in there.

Great to hear you boys are still hard at work with this MB, This is one of the mods I most use and would like to extend my gratitude to yourself and the team. Looking forward to the update.

I was glad for that reason that the military finally pulled its head out of its ass regarding starching uniforms. Granted yes it looks good but still when the damn thing says "wash and wear" there's a meaning to that... and speaking of retarded shit, how about youse guys make a fleece black jacket so milsim units can come up with retarded wear policies for that piece of clothing too :)

Seriously haven't been much on Arma as of late but still trying to pimp this mod a bit as well, and yeah the BDUs do look a bit "shiny" at certain angles... still good work though especially the Maritime helmet, nice piece of work and may switch if you add Multicam to your list of camo wear as well so it matches.

Everytime Multicam, OCP or any type of Gradient multi-terrain pattern is requested in this thread a seal gets clubbed.

Oh and here is a WIP Image so you do not feel so lonely and know at least one part of what we are working on, apart from the things you already know and saw, which are for the most part beeing rework as you read this (unless you read it while mr meat, myself or warlord sleep - which is almost impossible)

http://i.imgur.com/fRWm1N5.jpg

Everytime Multicam, OCP or any type of Gradient multi-terrain pattern is requested in this thread a seal gets clubbed.

Oh and here is a WIP Image so you do not feel so lonely and know at least one part of what we are working on, apart from the things you already know and saw, which are for the most part beeing rework as you read this (unless you read it while mr meat, myself or warlord sleep - which is almost impossible)

http://i.imgur.com/fRWm1N5.jpg

Multicam, multicam, multicam, multicam....................<--Was that the wrong response? :D

Seriously though it looks good, really impressive attention to detail on the uniforms and vests.

:D Lol well your version looks real nice on the helmet, so I'm hoping the same level of quality transcends into uniforms down the road but yes we know the current focus but the boot looks good.

Thanks for the input and we are aiming to get an update out this week and the new values will be in there.

Good to hear that. I look forward to see what you have added, also if I will be away this week I'll test them for sure the next one. As well as I'm curious to see if you worked on weapons too... ;)

I will just put it out there.

Our Team is looking for reenforcements. Surely there is a lot of talented individuals inside these Forums. Due to several of our team-members having to spend significantly more time in there actual lifes then anticipated we would like to slightly enlarge our developement team. Though your skillset itself will not matter as much, since our main focus is a good chemistry between our members. You will, upon beeing invite, go trough a small trial periode as we think it is best for you and us to test the water and see if your ideas of a modteam and our workflow align correctly. Please understand that we will only invite 1 trail member at a team to enable us to really work with that person. First come first served, we will, if we recive multiple PMs work trough the list based on the time the message was sent to us.

Nothing personal about you really matters, apart from the ability to speak and write understandable english (jeah i can barely write understandable english myself). Beeing able to speak english and understand it is also important as we bi-regularly hold small meetings inside Skype that include Group-calls.

If you are interisted in becoming part of this team, and find yourself in one of the descriptions below (or even multiple) send me a PM and we will sort out the details.

· Assisting Texture Artist

You are fluent in a Layer-based image-editing software such as GIMP or Photoshop? Can get into very detailed work and arn't scared to ask for help when you are stuck?

As part of our texture team you are responsible for the final touches to our assets to make them come alive. You will create all texture maps needed for A3 assets following a already worked out design direction.

You will recive most of the needed materials from the asset creator as well as other needed 2d assets from the lead artist. If you have real hatred towards multi terrain gradient based camouflage patterns that is also a great plus.

· Asset Creator 3D Organic

You like polygons? The pretty four vertex ones? Then we can enable you to let the creativity run through you.

As an asset creator in our organic section you create... organic surfaces (duh) such as Clothing or equipment used by the Soldiers we are recreating in this addon. If you are able to generate high-polygon models and even sculpt that would be a big plus.

We do not put hard restrictions onto the process of asset creation since the creativity and viewpoint of the creator is the most important thing to have something like realistic in the end. You are the connection between the teammembers as your work is essential

to the follow up processes and is a big part to achive an overall good quality.

· Asset Creator 3D Mechanical

It could be made of Aluminum, stainless steel or polymer but you can work it out right? Our mechanical 3D artists are responsible to make the pretty boomsticks we can not get enough of.

The work you are doing is not to different from the organic one, apart from the objects you are creating. As some people feel more comfortable with one or another, or might not have been able to gather experience inside one of the fields, we splitt it up.

When creating mechanical assets you have a lot of numbers to go by and are often presented with extremly accurate references that you should be able to follow and translate into a 3d object. Since most platforms are versatile it is also up to you to decide on the particular setup you would like to have implemented. As it is the vision and ideas of a creator that set the 582nd M4 apart from the other ones that were already created by others and add a unique feeling to it that goes beyond a custom sound or animation.

So what awaits you inside this SOCMOD:

A mature, if we have to be, crazy and funny, if we can be, group of individuals from arround the globe with an almost 24/7 online coverage. We are comprised of mostly inactive and active military service members who all served in infantry based structures, apart from the one guy that is almost infantry. We always help out our team-members, even if the matter might not be an issue with the software they are using (vets understand). We are constantly expanding our technical and creative understanding while still keeping it to a "hobby" level. Shit we ain't gettin paid so we might as well move at our own pace and do what we want. Since we are mostly self-learning new techniques to improve our final assets we also tutor each other or fix problems in files we did not create ourselves. We are neither political nore religiouse but we joke about both topics, no mama jokes though!