Meatball0311

SOCMOD Release Thread

Well - to be correct - I must write "What a fucking epic mod"? Can't write what in my opinion is just wrong? He?

Look up, member of community...

Yup, cause they made this model with 3D scanner.

Ok Mr AL.

I suggest you stop your attempts at trying to be funny, it's not working. Yes, constructive criticism is greatly appreciated and so is the support from the members of the community that play with our content as well as give feedback but what you started your original post with was way too immature. What, are you feeling upset because some people just love to play and give creators a pat on the back? Think about what you post before you submit it, you seem like a new guy and you're coming across as an arse to the rest of the people who have been here for a long time.

As for your reference of Battlefield. It's basically invalid, it's the equivalent of showing me a lower receiver of an M4 from Call of Duty to correct me on something when the gun has a lot of inaccuracy. If you're going to be posting corrections and references please keep it to real life pictures, just like everyone else has done in our WIP thread before hand. 3D scanner or not, you're not showing a source of the asset. Instead you're showing another asset.

If you want me to create a 30K poly game ready weapon to satisfy your Battlefield needs I will. Just don't cry when you have 15 of them on your screen and your ARMA 3 takes a performance hit. Same goes for uniforms, vests and other kit. We have limits to work within in order to keep the game playable.

Do you plan to make more weapons like Mk46 and some sniper rifles/DMRs?For these weapons for SOFs are really rare in A3.

Do you plan to make more weapons like Mk46 and some sniper rifles/DMRs?For these weapons for SOFs are really rare in A3.

We have plans on adding more weapons

If you look in the older WIP SOC thread you can see some older WIP images of mk46's and mk16/17s

If you look in the older WIP SOC thread you can see some older WIP images of mk46's and mk16/17s

I've already found,thank you.

Brace yourself, updates are coming.

The next update won't feature much, when it comes to diversity but a pinch of mission oriented equipment as well as some more handcrafted assets that you can not just buy in a store.

Progress wise we are still working on additional uniforms and some variations for our Helmets. On top of that, we are in the process of refining our M4 Model, as it is the base for all follow up models that are based on this plattform. The Model currently used in our pack sadly is not up to the standard we were looking for and therefor created some issue down the road when it came to textures and UVs. Overall the current objective is to polish present assets and stock up on the ones that missed the first release.

We really have to thank BI for creating the MANW contest, otherwise we would have taken a lot longer. After we had seen what a good dedication can do to our groupdynamic, we pretty much went cruise control. The whole team is doing what ever they can, even working on each others assets because someone might be faster with a curtain toolset then others and for that, and there huge ammount of time spent in this team, i want to personal thank my team.

It's good to know that you will continue to improve these units.

They need a lot of improving. Maybe you can work on the popeye forearms and blurry textures

Maybe next time you can add reference pictures in order to make your criticism a positive one instead of just throwing a blanket statement out there with no references.

I love your mod guys! I play arma since the last year and i wait a lot for a mod that bring very good models of new vests, uniforms, weapons and helmets used by special forces :D i hope you keep up the project. One question, when the new update comes out? I can't wait xD i am sorry if my English is not perfect :/

I love your mod guys! I play arma since the last year and i wait a lot for a mod that bring very good models of new vests, uniforms, weapons and helmets used by special forces :D i hope you keep up the project. One question, when the new update comes out? I can't wait xD i am sorry if my English is not perfect :/

We are currently only placing the last few pieces, but we took a binkowski to the knee and his payday was to much fun, so we are only waiting for smaller assets, that are none the less needed and wanted for the next update. Though we have to communicate inside the team to see if pushing the update back a bit would enable us to include another asset that is almost finished.

Edited by fluttershy

I had very important meetings with a person of the opposite sex these last two days. However, the task has been completed.

Oh ok i get it :D then i look forward the release guys! if i can, i want to suggest some ideas for new possibile variants for the helmets http://i.ytimg.com/vi/7c1LhQCzE5A/maxresdefault.jpg;

http://eafairsoft.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/MICH3.jpg;

i don't know if you going to do this models, but i think the setup of this two helmets can look great with other models :D

Oh ok i get it :D then i look forward the release guys! if i can, i want to suggest some ideas for new possibile variants for the helmets http://i.ytimg.com/vi/7c1LhQCzE5A/maxresdefault.jpg;

http://eafairsoft.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/MICH3.jpg;

i don't know if you going to do this models, but i think the setup of this two helmets can look great with other models :D

One of them is a 2000 MICH while the other one is a TC2001, i do not know if we will feature the 2000 series but a TC2001 is on our todo list.

Yes, i know the models :D i followed the wip thread of the mod but now i don't remember all the gear in the todo list but i remember it's a lot of equipments. I hope one day i can see a tc2001 made by your team. Because i'm sure it's look great!

I had very important meetings with a person of the opposite sex these last two days. However, the task has been completed.

LMAO awesome

Mich 2k and 2k1 are both issued for marsoc but the 2k is a lot more common to see.

Man I'm dying waiting for the next release XD

I tried this mod only now...and let me tell I didn't even imagine what I was missing !!! This is SUPREME !!!! :yay:

I'm just a bit curious to see what's coming as I'm new here...

Edited by Malcom86

Let me just tell 2 considerations I have in mind right now:

- Pistol holster with the vests...perhaps also ON the vest (that would be terrifically amazing): http://www.airsplat.com/Images/front.jpg - http://www.mesapaintballsupply.com/Images/Products/ProductImage_920_048364.jpg

- I don't know (because I forgot to check it out) if it's possible to add these units with the editor, but if so could you consider to use weapons from another mod like HLC AR15 (which fits perfectly imo) ?

I was really surprised by the brand new uniforms and vests models, just found some clipping issues:

2014-11-19_00001.jpg

Not the same I can say about the weapons, which are far from the quality of other weapon mods...I'm sorry to tell that but I like to be sincere. You could concentrate on the uniforms, vest and whatever gear you have in mind (NV googles, thermal googles which still no one did and it would be another amazing addon...) and use weapons from other modder instead. Off course this is just an advice I could give you, as I don't know what's you plan...perhaps you really want your personal weapons and I will deal perfectly with it as the mod is modular (thanks for that)^^ I can easily delete the weapons pbo and I'll be happy anyway ;)

Edited by Malcom86