Meatball0311

SOCMOD Release Thread

Killer work guys, love the effort. Looking forward to the future.

It's been along time coming but it's great to finally see this mod released. congrats lads.

Thanks to all for your comments.. it makes the effort worthwhile.

Just a little update... we changed the reload animation to something that fits better. It will be included in the next update.

The new reload animation looks much better, also there will be a little surprise for the Marine Raider fans out there coming very soon as well..

Thank you for your work, I look forward to seeing the continuation :)

I'm currently knocking out a mission pack using these guys. It'll include at least 2 coop scenarios, and a singleplayer scenario to begin with.

Hey guys, congrats on the release and best of luck with MANW conquest... Binkowski, I´m anxious for your missions, they´re a great way to help players jump right into mods like yours! Hope to see someone creating a whole campaign featuring SOC units soon!

cheers!

will it be possible for you guys to release NODS without the stupid black box that attaches itself to them in arma 3? your helmets look so good, its a shame that when you add NODS it overtakes the front of the helmet. Great work by the way, you guys rock!

I´ve just tested the mod and I must say I miss asdg JR support a lot, are you guys planning to add it post MANW?

cheers!

;2805986']I´ve just tested the mod and I must say I miss asdg JR support a lot' date=' are you guys planning to add it post MANW?

cheers![/quote']

Will look into it but no promises...

Will look into it but no promises...

Thanks a lot Meatball, it adds a lot of extra config lines, but Robalo is always willing to help, and the effort pays off, as your mod would have lotsa modded accessories to add immersion (right now SOC weapons only uses vanilla scopes, which are quite bland)

cheers!

What a big day for ArmA 3, first RHS lands in with this massive addonpack and now you guys with this high quality special forces awesomeness... 8-)

Thank you very much!

Thank you very much for this.

Finally we get some fully handmade SF unit.

Amazing units, it was worth the wait. Thanks for all your hard works guys!

And I really hope you'll add a Block II M4A1 (and MK18) in the future... :)

Did a quick test last night and it appears that the MBAV doesn't provide protection. But I am running the LKR ammo configs so that may play into it. I'll retest using vanilla values and report back

Did a quick test last night and it appears that the MBAV doesn't provide protection. But I am running the LKR ammo configs so that may play into it. I'll retest using vanilla values and report back

The vests have armor configured into the config of course, but we could look into increasing this. But not too much.

The vests have armor configured into the config of course, but we could look into increasing this. But not too much.

It wasn't a well structured test, just messin around in VA in my excitement. Using RH's M9 I found I got one hit drops to the chest and back at approx 25m on in.

Again I was using the LKR ammo configs so I'll do some fiddling and testing more accurately today and find if that was creating the issue or no.

But did I mention how damn good everything looks?

A couple highlights for me was how y'all have the uniform textured to be slightly faded, something the rip stop fabric in our BDUs were known for and gave the appearance that the uniforms were not new and had been well worn.

Another was the opscore helmet with the cover. Drop dead gorgeous

Can't wait to see what y'all have in store next!

I do concur on revising armor valuesa bit. Two 5.56 placed in the middle of the would-be plate is enough to kill a unit and that is a bit too weak, in my very humble oppinion.

Great job on releasing this, it's gonna be a hoot trying out all the new stuff that gets released :D

Awesome Stuff, guys. I was really looking forward to this as I am a huge fan of the woodland-MARSOC (correction, Marine Raiders it is now...)style.

There was just one thing I noticed and found to be a little weird. And that is the Opscore Helmet. It seems odd. Too flat somehow. I've got one right here and it just doesn't look that way. Maybe its an illusion due to the peltor mounts or maybe the rail system is a little to broad. I don't know. But that just struck me.

I do concur on revising armor valuesa bit. Two 5.56 placed in the middle of the would-be plate is enough to kill a unit and that is a bit too weak, in my very humble oppinion.

Great job on releasing this, it's gonna be a hoot trying out all the new stuff that gets released :D

We are on it and the values will be corrected on the next update. Thanks.

Awesome Stuff, guys. I was really looking forward to this as I am a huge fan of the woodland-MARSOC (correction, Marine Raiders it is now...)style.

There was just one thing I noticed and found to be a little weird. And that is the Opscore Helmet. It seems odd. Too flat somehow. I've got one right here and it just doesn't look that way. Maybe its an illusion due to the peltor mounts or maybe the rail system is a little to broad. I don't know. But that just struck me.

Not understanding "too flat".. will relook at it, but it looks fine to me at this point. Thanks. Possibly the Peltor is giving it a weird look, will relook at it.

***We are testing values for the vest, helmet, and weapon at the current time.

Edited by Meatball0311