Sign in to follow this  
araripe

How to disable HDR

I am having lots of troubles with my Arma 3, actually. As I saw on You Tube, Arma 3 Early Alpha could get more than 35 fps on ULTRA Settings with 4 GB of RAM, Intel i5 3210M and Intel HD 4000 (I have the same hardware). In this recent version, I get only 38 fps on "almost low" settings: Textures, Vegatation and Objects on high, shadows off and anything else on low. It makes me sad, because Arma 3 is a very sexy game and I am wondering when I'll be able to play it with an acceptable look. I don't want much. I only want to get 30fps+ on single player with shadows enabled.

And what about improving the multiplayer? I have huge fps drops! From 30-35 fps to 5-10 fps. It's insane. No one game acts like it.

I paid a lot for this game, and I expect to be able to play it. My computer is inside the minimum requirements, then, I guess it really NEEDS to run. Otherwise, I'll need to ask for a refund, 'cuz I bought it because of the minimum requirements.

EDIT: While configuring my game, I found this:

HDRPrecision=16;

I am thinking about changing it to 0. Should it disable HDR effects, then?

Edited by Araripe

Could try hdr=0 to see.

View distance & object distance are very important frame-wise. I stay under 1000m. as a rifleman.

AntiAliasing, AA, eats frames --i got my ingame at 2x. (use my card's control panel setting for aa/ao)

Could try lower screen resolution.

Good Luck!

======

Intel intergrated HD Graphics 4000 chip. For a notebook eh?

Intel Core i5-3210M @ 2.50GHz. Yeah, this cpu will struggle.

Edited by Ratszo
looking at specs.

Well, unfortunately the result wasn't as good as I was initially expecting. First of all, the minimum HDR is 8. It's impossible to turn it off (WHY, BOHEMIA? WHY? WHYYYYY? WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY?). Now I am a bit frustrated. I was expecting to get more than 1K hours in Arma 3, but it crashes almost everytime. I can get solid 30-40 fps in singleplayer, but it drops a lot while in multiplayer mode. I am really sad now. I expected more of BI team at all. I guess than I'll buy Operation Flashpoint (yeah, dat Codemasters bullshit), 'cuz it's optimized and runs great here (yeah, it sucks, but at least runs here).

Really sad.

Time to go back to CSGO