dreadpirate

Jebus - Just Editor Based Unit Spawning

JEBUS can't keep editor placed waypoints after contact is made in a mission.

Need help please on this extremely frustrating.  I tested the last four updates of this script using his demo missions. There is a group of 6 blufor units next to the spartan location ON THE SOUTH TIP OF THE DEMO MAP and its says waypoint demo. 4 move waypoints and a cycle waypoint. Play the demo all works well but NOW drop a few opfor units in the path and the blufor units will lose their waypoints once contact is made never to regain the waypoints. Units using gaia ups upmons ect will keep waypoints because the scripts will generate new ones after the combat is over.  One of the great things about this script was the ability to use editor set waypoints on units that can respawn back into the game using the waypoints the mission designer wants rather then random generated waypoints in zones ect . Having  the ability to keep presetup waypoints and  using random waypoints in my humble opinion is the best of both worlds for a mission design.  I spent the last week looking into this issues and can't find any reason way this happens. there is two files in the script folder that is for waypoints  fn_applyWaypoints  2nd file in the jebus folder and fn-saveWaypoints the 16th file.  Any help would be greatly appreciated. The strange thing is it effects all units in the mission regardless if the group is using JEBUS or not to spawn.

6 hours ago, avibird 1 said:

JEBUS can't keep editor placed waypoints after contact is made in a mission.

Need help please on this extremely frustrating.  I tested the last four updates of this script using his demo missions. There is a group of 6 blufor units next to the spartan location ON THE SOUTH TIP OF THE DEMO MAP and its says waypoint demo. 4 move waypoints and a cycle waypoint. Play the demo all works well but NOW drop a few opfor units in the path and the blufor units will lose their waypoints once contact is made never to regain the waypoints. Units using gaia ups upmons ect will keep waypoints because the scripts will generate new ones after the combat is over.  One of the great things about this script was the ability to use editor set waypoints on units that can respawn back into the game using the waypoints the mission designer wants rather then random generated waypoints in zones ect . Having  the ability to keep presetup waypoints and  using random waypoints in my humble opinion is the best of both worlds for a mission design.  I spent the last week looking into this issues and can't find any reason way this happens. there is two files in the script folder that is for waypoints  fn_applyWaypoints  2nd file in the jebus folder and fn-saveWaypoints the 16th file.  Any help would be greatly appreciated. The strange thing is it effects all units in the mission regardless if the group is using JEBUS or not to spawn.

I don't know why this happens.

I don't know how to fix it.

• Thanks 1

Holy shit.  My issues is now resolved but I still have no clue what was causing the issue using Jebus GAIA and VCOM.  but after multiple re-edits of the mission with no luck I did a entire remake of this  mission from scratch. I finally got the waypoints not to disappear. 

I don't understand what was causing the issue in my mission and why it happens on the jebs demo mission.

2 hours ago, avibird 1 said:

I don't understand what was causing the issue in my mission and why it happens on the jebs demo mission.

No, really, sometimes shit like that happens. I've had this sort of episode occur twice in Arma games.

• Like 1

Well the issues is back. It's not Vcom it's not MCC4 it is something with JEBUS. It may have something to do with the number of groups using JEBUS. Because I was rebuilding three missions and in the early phases no issues whatsoever but as the mission got close to completion I started noticing waypoints disappearing again next up is to run a test with one group added at a time to see if there's something to do with a group number cap that somehow is causing the waypoint that disappear while using JEBUS SMH.

SMH I am going to add one group at a time and one trigger game log ect one at a time to see what is causing the issue. I thought maybe it's the number of groups using jebus perhaps official download content ect. I have a working version with no waypoints disappearing the mission is pretty much stripped down now to add one by one item back into the mission a see. So much time but I am determined to figure this out it's driving me nuts!!! Could somebody please confirm that this is an issue for them as well. 

@dreadpirate I believe I found the issue. There's an issue using JEBUS and using GAIA in the init function if you use GAIA zones for random waypoints patrols. If you use GAIA zones with JEBUS it will break the editor waypoints of a group once combat is initiated however the groups using GAIA are fine but editor waypoints for a group will break once they initiate contact.  Wow this take me a long time to find this out. Now if Dreadpirate can look into it a fix this bug at one point it was working fine have no clue what version of The script SMH.

• Like 1