dreadpirate

Jebus - Just Editor Based Unit Spawning

JEBUS can't keep editor placed waypoints after contact is made in a mission.

Need help please on this extremely frustrating.  I tested the last four updates of this script using his demo missions. There is a group of 6 blufor units next to the spartan location ON THE SOUTH TIP OF THE DEMO MAP and its says waypoint demo. 4 move waypoints and a cycle waypoint. Play the demo all works well but NOW drop a few opfor units in the path and the blufor units will lose their waypoints once contact is made never to regain the waypoints. Units using gaia ups upmons ect will keep waypoints because the scripts will generate new ones after the combat is over.  One of the great things about this script was the ability to use editor set waypoints on units that can respawn back into the game using the waypoints the mission designer wants rather then random generated waypoints in zones ect . Having  the ability to keep presetup waypoints and  using random waypoints in my humble opinion is the best of both worlds for a mission design.  I spent the last week looking into this issues and can't find any reason way this happens. there is two files in the script folder that is for waypoints  fn_applyWaypoints  2nd file in the jebus folder and fn-saveWaypoints the 16th file.  Any help would be greatly appreciated. The strange thing is it effects all units in the mission regardless if the group is using JEBUS or not to spawn.

6 hours ago, avibird 1 said:

JEBUS can't keep editor placed waypoints after contact is made in a mission.

Need help please on this extremely frustrating.  I tested the last four updates of this script using his demo missions. There is a group of 6 blufor units next to the spartan location ON THE SOUTH TIP OF THE DEMO MAP and its says waypoint demo. 4 move waypoints and a cycle waypoint. Play the demo all works well but NOW drop a few opfor units in the path and the blufor units will lose their waypoints once contact is made never to regain the waypoints. Units using gaia ups upmons ect will keep waypoints because the scripts will generate new ones after the combat is over.  One of the great things about this script was the ability to use editor set waypoints on units that can respawn back into the game using the waypoints the mission designer wants rather then random generated waypoints in zones ect . Having  the ability to keep presetup waypoints and  using random waypoints in my humble opinion is the best of both worlds for a mission design.  I spent the last week looking into this issues and can't find any reason way this happens. there is two files in the script folder that is for waypoints  fn_applyWaypoints  2nd file in the jebus folder and fn-saveWaypoints the 16th file.  Any help would be greatly appreciated. The strange thing is it effects all units in the mission regardless if the group is using JEBUS or not to spawn.

I don't know why this happens.

I don't know how to fix it.

• Thanks 1

Holy shit.  My issues is now resolved but I still have no clue what was causing the issue using Jebus GAIA and VCOM.  but after multiple re-edits of the mission with no luck I did a entire remake of this  mission from scratch. I finally got the waypoints not to disappear. 

I don't understand what was causing the issue in my mission and why it happens on the jebs demo mission.

2 hours ago, avibird 1 said:

I don't understand what was causing the issue in my mission and why it happens on the jebs demo mission.

No, really, sometimes shit like that happens. I've had this sort of episode occur twice in Arma games.

• Like 1

Well the issues is back. It's not Vcom it's not MCC4 it is something with JEBUS. It may have something to do with the number of groups using JEBUS. Because I was rebuilding three missions and in the early phases no issues whatsoever but as the mission got close to completion I started noticing waypoints disappearing again next up is to run a test with one group added at a time to see if there's something to do with a group number cap that somehow is causing the waypoint that disappear while using JEBUS SMH.

SMH I am going to add one group at a time and one trigger game log ect one at a time to see what is causing the issue. I thought maybe it's the number of groups using jebus perhaps official download content ect. I have a working version with no waypoints disappearing the mission is pretty much stripped down now to add one by one item back into the mission a see. So much time but I am determined to figure this out it's driving me nuts!!! Could somebody please confirm that this is an issue for them as well. 

@dreadpirate I believe I found the issue. There's an issue using JEBUS and using GAIA in the init function if you use GAIA zones for random waypoints patrols. If you use GAIA zones with JEBUS it will break the editor waypoints of a group once combat is initiated however the groups using GAIA are fine but editor waypoints for a group will break once they initiate contact.  Wow this take me a long time to find this out. Now if Dreadpirate can look into it a fix this bug at one point it was working fine have no clue what version of The script SMH.

• Like 1

I have a motorized rifle squad, one APC and 8 passengers. Is there a way to respawn a new squad when an APC is destroyed but other units are still alive ? It only respawns when all units are dead.

• Like 1

On 3/29/2022 at 4:45 AM, Alith Evo said:

I have a motorized rifle squad, one APC and 8 passengers. Is there a way to respawn a new squad when an APC is destroyed but other units are still alive ? It only respawns when all units are dead.

Not with the way the script is currently set up, sorry.....

Hey Dreadpirate i ran  into an issue

im not sure but i believe JEBUS is using map grid 0,0,0 to handle spawning. when ever i use JEBUS i get one unit from east,west and IND spawn at bottom left of map and any aircraft (or other unit capable of reaching those coordinates)on gaurd waypoints spawned through jebus,try to move there.

This was an issue i had last year and never nailed down now i think this is it. Arma handles this area of the map for debug/respawning stuff but i never have an issue with gaurd wp units travelling there unless they are jebus spawned.

Any tips on how to fix this or could you fix/confirm my theory?

On 5/8/2022 at 3:20 AM, redarmy said:

Hey Dreadpirate i ran  into an issue

im not sure but i believe JEBUS is using map grid 0,0,0 to handle spawning. when ever i use JEBUS i get one unit from east,west and IND spawn at bottom left of map and any aircraft (or other unit capable of reaching those coordinates)on gaurd waypoints spawned through jebus,try to move there.

This was an issue i had last year and never nailed down now i think this is it. Arma handles this area of the map for debug/respawning stuff but i never have an issue with gaurd wp units travelling there unless they are jebus spawned.

Any tips on how to fix this or could you fix/confirm my theory?

JEBUS doesn't use 0,0,0 in it's group spawning code. I have noticed Arma spawning units at 0,0,0 when using certain modules, but I can't recall which ones.

I'm not that familiar with Guard waypoints, you use them with "Guarded By" triggers, is that right? Maybe there is a problem with spawned units knowing about the triggers, so they head to 0,0,0 by default?

1 hour ago, dreadpirate said:

JEBUS doesn't use 0,0,0 in it's group spawning code. I have noticed Arma spawning units at 0,0,0 when using certain modules, but I can't recall which ones.

I'm not that familiar with Guard waypoints, you use them with "Guarded By" triggers, is that right? Maybe there is a problem with spawned units knowing about the triggers, so they head to 0,0,0 by default?

"GAURD" WP's let the AI communicate(criminally underused wp in mission design) about threats,units report to each other and gaurd unit proceeds to last known location of reported enemy(anywhere on map). This is further enhanced with gaurded by triggers(not using here)

What i observed is that...Units spawned with JEBUS head straight to 0,0,0, if they are boat or air(0,0,0 is in ocean/ALTIS) and on a gaurd WP.IF not JEBUS spawned,i dont get the issue.  0,0,0, is creating 3 invisible entities men . IND/EAST/WEST. After mission has played for a few mins one or two of these entities are moved into empty/civilian side,and its no longer causing gaurd units to go there. So from the look of things,WEST entity is reporting to west gaurd aircaft that there is a hostile EAST entity there( also doesnt make sense as Gaurd WP's typically wouldnt send a fixed wing aircraft for single man(perhaps single entity has some hidden value))

My gaurd WP's are not using "gaurded by" triggers in this case as the gaurd units are Aircraft and have total map clearance. The issue isnt a big deal since i realised these entities are being moved into empty side after a few minutes,so i just delay JEBUS aircraft spawns with triggers for my scenario. Just thought you might have had jebus spawning these entities as a temp position for respawn or something,i guess not,and its no biggie.

One other thing im struggling with. (MAY NOT BE JEBUS RELATED BUT CANT REPRODUCE WHEN NOT USING JEBUS) is that 1) vehicle positions for units are not getting fixed when a vehicle group containing crew members and passengers respawn.. (clarify: They respawn in correct positions,just not able to  re enter a vehicle in correct spawned positions)

Example:  Made a group in editor with 3 crew members,placed them in as driver,gunner,commander,placed rifle squad and grouped rifle squad to the vehicle(mechanized group)  if for whatever reason passangers AND crew dismount(crew can dismount to repair for example),when they re enter vehicle,crew members become passengers.

2) Again iv only noticed this with JEBUS...Above mention meh groups,usually at some point when being ordered to exit/enter passengers for combat reasons,end up having group members "de group" and create their own groups.  This doesnt affect the group respawning in any negative way,but it does lead to odd units left alone around the map after an OP has been running a while.

Again i cant conclusively say this is JEBUS ,but i cant reproduce it without the groups respawning. If it is JEBUS i imagine its simply a limitation of how Arma handles groups(awfully) concerning vehicles..i simply gave up on mech units in scenario.

But would love any insight you may have.

Dread to add to my post above,i had another question.

Im having some strange issues where i have multiple vehicles named,gave them a probability of presence  using isNil "tru1"  ,but upon load the isNil is sometimes being ignored,especially when there are more instances of it in units prob of presence bar.

For example i have 2 helo's... one named "orc" . it has a 50% probability of spawn chance at mission start. The other chopper has a probability of 100% but in its condition has  

isNil "orc"

often times both choppers spawn but shouldnt,only one should with the settings. I have this set up on 4 trucks also,where only one should spawn but often 2 do.

The thing is..this issue is ONLY happening on groups,not objects. JEBUS handles groups at spawn,is JEBUS affecting "isNil" by any chance?  or potentialy its initilaisation messing stuff up?

i do get some stuttering during mission load in editor testing,the issue could be too many scripts initialising? i doubt its JEBUS alone causing the issue but im stumped in my understanding of the potential problem.

done further testing on this... i have 3 areas filled with 6 vehicles each...each areas vehicles are set to spawn only if a certain object relating to their area is created on mission start...all works fine without JEBUS enabled on vehicles. once i enable JEBUS i end up having 4 or 5 of a said group spawning and usually one or two are missing.

Im assuming the isnil is taking too long to calculate and JEBUS gets ahead of it. Is there any way i can delay JEBUS from starting by a second or two at mission start?

UPDATE:  I further tested this. I got everything working regarding the "isNil" issue by simply allowing vehicles much more space apart from each other. Seems JEBUS doesnt like vehicles spawning within 20 or so meters from each other. Give them enough room and theres no issues

Does the "PAUSE=" switch not apply to the player?  I consistently have enemy spawn right next to me (less than the default 200m).  This is without the PAUSE switch activated in the init.  Since the default is 200m, I figured I didn't need to add it to the init line.  Or am I misunderstanding the examples/readme?

i really hope you try to keep working on this and adding more features although it already works quite well. i use it more than any other script. with a few tricks using the "INIT=" parameter you can do some pretty interesting things.

2 hours ago, pognivet said:

i really hope you try to keep working on this and adding more features although it already works quite well. i use it more than any other script. with a few tricks using the "INIT=" parameter you can do some pretty interesting things.

@pognivetI feel the same...this is a go to script on everything I make. Can you give me an example of something you do with the "INIT=" parameter?

Hi all.

I'm sorry. I'm not really playing Arma 3 at the moment, so no new features are on the cards for the time being.

All the source code is on the GitHub. I was hoping someone would create a fork and enhance the project on their own, but no takers so far.....

• Sad 1

On 8/14/2022 at 10:47 AM, Blitzen88 said:

Can you use _proxythis to define a group? Ie, GroupA = group _proxythis…?

If you give a group a variable name in the editor eg GroupA, the group spawned by JEBUS will be called GroupA...

Hi 🙂 The script has given me more than my wildest fantasies could imagine, I've done missions that were so addictive that my wife is considering leaving me, that does not matter 🙂 Could someone help me further my dreams even further:D

1  --  This one will

• Delay respawn
  • Call a sqf.file for the vehicle and the group indside vehicle.
  • will save 1 waypoint.

0 = [this,"DELAY=",1800, "INIT=", "[vehicle _proxyThis] execVM 'Csorcher1.sqf' "]  spawn jebus_fnc_main;

2  --  this will

• Delay respawn
  • Call a sqf.file for the group indside vehicle ore not.
  • Radomly follow the named markers ["82","83","84","85","86","87","88","89", "90","91","92","93","94","95","96","97"]]
  • will save 1 waypoint.

0 = [this, "DELAY=", 90, "INIT=", "{[_x] execVM 'Ticket2.sqf'} forEach units (group _proxyThis);","GAIA_NOFOLLOW=", ["82","83","84","85","86","87","88","89", 
"90","91","92","93","94","95","96","97"]] spawn jebus_fnc_main;

3  --  this will

• Delay respawn
  • Spawn on markers[ "9","10","11","12"]
  • Call a sqf.file for the group indside vehicle ore not.
  • Radomly follow the named markers ["82","83","84","85","86","87","88","89"]] 
  • will save 1 waypoint.

0 = [this,"DELAY=", 90,"PAUSE=", 1800,"RESPAWNMARKERS=",[ "9","10","11","12"],"INIT=", "{[_x] execVM 'Ticket1r.sqf'} forEach units (group _proxyThis);","GAIA_FORTIFY=", ["82","83","84","85","86","87","88","89"]] spawn jebus_fnc_main;

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What i realy want is to combine 1&2, so i can have edibility for every unit and vehicles ❤️ 

• Delay respawn
  • Call a sqf.file for the vehicle and the group indside vehicle.
  • Radomly follow the named markers ["82","83","84","85","86","87","88","89", "90","91","92","93","94","95","96","97"]]
  • will save 1 waypoint.

The only thing that a get is that ","GAIA_FORTIFY/GAIA_NOFOLLOW=", ["82","83","84","85","86","87","88","89"]] spawn jebus_fnc_main;    has to be last.

I even want 1-3  but it is not that important 😄

Thank you so much for your work. Absolutely amazing addition to Arma 3. One question, though.

I have an OpFor unit spawn when BluFor is present and an OpFor vehicle is destroyed. It spawns with 2-3 Lives and a delay of 5-10 seconds.

I would like the trigger to reactivate and repeat if BluFor stays inside after a set time, so if BluFor is there after say, 2 minutes, another soldier spawns. So far even though the trigger reactivates (I have a radio message with the trigger) the soldier never spawns again after 2-3 lives. Is this a JEBUS limitation? I have the trigger set to repeatable. Thanks for any info, man.

Is anyone else having an issue with JEBUS not working correctly on Livonia?  Every mission I've made on that map has the issue.  Units will spawn, but they won't patrol, instead they just stand there.  The leader does give a MOVE command periodically (I can hear him give it), but no one moves.  This is with both older versions and the current version of JEBUS.

The missions had worked fine some time ago, but I haven't played them since May, so not sure when the issue popped up.

Hey JEBUS does not issue waypoints on it's on. It recalls editor placed waypoints and you can use a various number of patrol scripts to generate waypoints for you like GAIA UPmons UPS ect. 

It could be the map or could be a100 other things.

See if JEBUS can recall the editor place waypoints. If it does then the issue is with your waypoint script. Do you use VCOM if so just place a  a few groups of units next each other and let them fight. Go into Zeus and watch if the AI or issuing waypoints during the battle if it is not then the issue is with the terrain. Because Vcom will issues waypoints onn it's own.

How are you calling your waypoints?

On 1/1/2023 at 8:48 PM, avibird 1 said:

It could be the map or could be a100 other things.

See if JEBUS can recall the editor place waypoints. If it does then the issue is with your waypoint script. Do you use VCOM if so just place a  a few groups of units next each other and let them fight. Go into Zeus and watch if the AI or issuing waypoints during the battle if it is not then the issue is with the terrain. Because Vcom will issues waypoints onn it's own.

How are you calling your waypoints?

Just to make it clear, I never mentioned waypoints, just that units won't patrol via the  init command on this particular map.  I'm using GAIA, via JEBUS's "FOLLOW=" or "NOFOLLOW=" commands and using marker boxes ("1", "2", etc).  It works fine on every other map.  No doubt, it's very possible it's 100 other things with Arma, just weird that I'm having the issue all of a sudden with Livonia but nothing else and wanted to see if anyone else was having the same issue.  If not, I'll need to dig through on what might be different, but so far I haven't been able to find anything compared to my other missions on other maps

The part that has me scratching my head is that I can see and hear the AI give move orders, but no one moves.  And it's map-wide, not like they're stuck on a building or object, like AI end up doing in Arma in general.

What I was saying use three different groups of units.  JEBUS with editor placed waypoints to see if the waypoints work.  Just use editor placed waypoints with no JEBUS and use JEBUS with a different patrol script.  If the issues still there for all three then it's a map/terrain issue if it works then it's a Gaia issue. I stopped using Gaia unfortunately to many bugs and overall performance issues.