dreadpirate

Jebus - Just Editor Based Unit Spawning

On 9/5/2021 at 8:52 AM, Nagrach said:

Hello! I wanted to ask a little question if thats ok.

I used JEBUS in a Mission to create a Squad that Hunts the players via the BIS_FNC_stalk function, but it seems there is a conflict. The Units do, indeed respawn but they never chase the players. The Waypoint never gets created. When I delete the Jebus function from the Groups INI, it does work. Is there a workaround for this or is it just not possible to use Stalk + JEBUS?

Thanks for your help..

It should be possible to call the function from the init line. I'll have a look when I get a chance...

On 9/4/2021 at 5:52 PM, Nagrach said:

Hello! I wanted to ask a little question if thats ok.

I used JEBUS in a Mission to create a Squad that Hunts the players via the BIS_FNC_stalk function, but it seems there is a conflict. The Units do, indeed respawn but they never chase the players. The Waypoint never gets created. When I delete the Jebus function from the Groups INI, it does work. Is there a workaround for this or is it just not possible to use Stalk + JEBUS?

Thanks for your help..

@NagrachI just tested a method I use with JEBUS and Stalk, worked fine...I jumped around map and checked the respawns and they came after me consistently:

Made sure I had most recent JEBUS in my mission: Version 1.454

Init in Squad Leader:

0 = [this, "PAUSE=", 100, "DELAY=", [15,30], "LIVES=", [2,4], "RESPAWNMARKERS=", ["m14", "m15", "m16", "m17"], "INIT=", "_stalk = [group (_proxyThis),group (allPlayers select 0)] spawn BIS_fnc_stalk"] spawn jebus_fnc_main;

I have this squad synced to a trigger, BLUFOR present.

• Thanks 2

?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Lett

Put a small nato group with "0 = [this] spawn jebus_fnc_main;" in the leaders init and I get this?

Descript file has the functions called as it should. I tried the other examples and still nothing works. Tried a player repetable trigger linked to leader and nothing with/without examples in triggers init.

10 hours ago, Recaldy said:

?imw=5000&imh=5000&ima=fit&impolicy=Lett

Put a small nato group with "0 = [this] spawn jebus_fnc_main;" in the leaders init and I get this?

Descript file has the functions called as it should. I tried the other examples and still nothing works. Tried a player repetable trigger linked to leader and nothing with/without examples in triggers init.

I don't know. It's working at this end.....

9 hours ago, dreadpirate said:

I don't know. It's working at this end.....

Do I have to edit any of the jebus sqfs? I have ARMA3Alpha AMBIENT COMBAT SCRIPT v3.2  functions called and vcom script version installed also. Could those be a hindrance? 

1 hour ago, Recaldy said:

Do I have to edit any of the jebus sqfs? I have ARMA3Alpha AMBIENT COMBAT SCRIPT v3.2  functions called and vcom script version installed also. Could those be a hindrance? 

From the error message, it looks like the waitUntil line in fn_spawnGroup is causing the problem. You could comment that out and see if it makes a difference.....

I got it working...except my vehicle leaders in my vehicle groups don't exist. I've tried the pilot init and vehicle init and both times the vehicle disappears leaving the other group vehicles/members idle. I'm using "0 = [this, "DELAY=", [300,600]] spawn jebus_fnc_main;" if that helps. I have many infantry groups using "0 = [this, "DELAY=", [75,140]] spawn jebus_fnc_main;" and they show up and move as normal.

5 hours ago, Recaldy said:

I got it working...except my vehicle leaders in my vehicle groups don't exist. I've tried the pilot init and vehicle init and both times the vehicle disappears leaving the other group vehicles/members idle. I'm using "0 = [this, "DELAY=", [300,600]] spawn jebus_fnc_main;" if that helps. I have many infantry groups using "0 = [this, "DELAY=", [75,140]] spawn jebus_fnc_main;" and they show up and move as normal.

I can't tell what's going on without looking at your mission, but I've experienced similar problems when I accidentally had JEBUS running on more than one unit or vehicle in a group. Maybe look at that?

Fixed the vehicle problem...had to drag out the units to see who was the actual group leader. I want to use the delay with the cache option...is Gaia mandatory? Would

0 = [this, "CACHE=", 1000, "DELAY=", [30,60]] spawn jebus_fnc_main;

work?  Love the script btw.

12 minutes ago, Recaldy said:

Fixed the vehicle problem...had to drag out the units to see who was the actual group leader. I want to use the delay with the cache option...is Gaia mandatory? Would

0 = [this, "CACHE=", 1000, "DELAY=", [30,60]] spawn jebus_fnc_main;

work?  Love the script btw.

Gaia is optional, I was just using it a lot when I first wrote the script, so I added support for it.

Your init line looks fine to me.....

Hello, is  there a way to use show/hide still with JEBUS units?

I currently want to setup a wave attack in my mission while utlizing JEBUS to handle the respawn system.

Normally id sync the unit to the show/hide module, then have it activated via trigger.
When a JEBUS unit is synced, the unit spawns anyway even if trigger isnt activated.

4 hours ago, n_icomach said:

Hello, is  there a way to use show/hide still with JEBUS units?

I currently want to setup a wave attack in my mission while utlizing JEBUS to handle the respawn system.

Normally id sync the unit to the show/hide module, then have it activated via trigger.
When a JEBUS unit is synced, the unit spawns anyway even if trigger isnt activated.

Sync your trigger to the unit you're running JEBUS on and the unit (and its group) won't spawn until the trigger is activated.....

4 hours ago, dreadpirate said:

Sync your trigger to the unit you're running JEBUS on and the unit (and its group) won't spawn until the trigger is activated.....

Thank you!

Hello, I've noticed whenever there's 2 groups in a vehicle (one for drivers, one for the troops being transported) the script only caches one group and the vehicle.
other than that loved the script.

Been getting a strange glitch with certain vehicles in IFA3, such as the T-34. When I try to use them with this script all of the crew inside the vehicle will spawn dead. The vehicle itself is undamaged, but all the crew are dead. Strangely some vehicles seem to never be affected, others seem to be affected about half of the time and the rest are affected all the time.

On 12/5/2021 at 9:21 PM, pognivet said:

Been getting a strange glitch with certain vehicles in IFA3, such as the T-34. When I try to use them with this script all of the crew inside the vehicle will spawn dead. The vehicle itself is undamaged, but all the crew are dead. Strangely some vehicles seem to never be affected, others seem to be affected about half of the time and the rest are affected all the time.

I did have an issue with units spawning under the vehicle and getting crushed before they got teleported inside, but I resolved that and haven't seen it since...

Not sure what I can do about this...

it seems like the crew spawns first or something, then the vehicle spawns on top of them (which kills them) and then the crew gets moved inside the vehicle. idk its weird.

11 hours ago, pognivet said:

it seems like the crew spawns first or something, then the vehicle spawns on top of them (which kills them) and then the crew gets moved inside the vehicle. idk its weird.

I thought I changed it so the vehicle spawns first so this wouldn't happen anymore... 😞

45 minutes ago, dreadpirate said:

I thought I changed it so the vehicle spawns first so this wouldn't happen anymore... 😞

its a really bizarre bug. it happens about 75 percent of the time and usually with certain vehicles, but not always.

i have two hypotheses:

1. my mission has too much script lag and so the crew gets injured by spawning inside/on top of/underneath the vehicle

2. did you put in some code to check surrounding areas for obstacles before spawning crew? i havent looked, but if a respawning tank or something is too close to a few powerlines it might glitch out the code trying not to have them spawn inside the powerlines, or whatever obstacle.

ill experiment some more with it and see if i can figure out what the deal is. dont sweat it though. its not too big of a problem and it might not even be the script causing it. i really appreciate you making jebus as i use it in almost every mission i make.

by the way, any plans to make it compatible with vehicles carrying troops in transport, such as transport helos or apcs? i know youve talked about it before and said it won't work with two different groups in the same vehicle, but i was able to jerry-rig a script for a d-day landing mission using jebus. just had it so when the squad being transported spawns their transport then spawns on the same location and they get moved inside of it. for instance, spawning a us army squad out in the ocean creates a lcvp on the squadleader's starting position and they all get moved inside. maybe you could have a parameter where you can specify the transport using a classname then just make it copy the x,y of the first waypoint of the group its transporting, then add a transport unload waypoint at the same location for the transport itself. you could throw in BIS_fnc_findSafePos as well to make sure there are no tragic ai-related accidents. have it add another waypoint after its done to send it back to where it spawned from and have the waypoint despawn it or something. idk. just a thought.

I'm not planning any updates to JEBUS at present as I'm not really playing A3 at the moment. 

If anyone wants to fork the GitHub repository and add new features and pick up any remaining bugs, they are free to do so.....

Hello Jebus uses. I have a quick question does anyone know if you can use two init parameters within the Jebus  script

"INIT=" - Init string to run upon spawning. (Use "_proxyThis" where you would usually use "this" in a script or function call). Default is empty string. 

I don't know if the script will allow me to use two init parameters within the same script code lines that goes into the init box of a group leader.  Dreadpirate is taking a hiatus from arma for or while.

I don't think it's possible because the script has 15 parameters that he stated above when he developed a script. 

Any feedback will be great I don't want to waste any more time trying to make something work that can't.

Hello JEBUS uses the answer is yes you can have two init parameters in script. That was for the above question.

Now I think I found a serious bug with JEBUS and unfortunately it looks like Dreadpirate is MIA for a while hopefully he comes back to arma and will continue supporting this great script with that said I need someone to confirm this. Is it a JEBUS issues and not something else. 

When attempting to spawn a pilot and a gunner with a waypoint of get in a helicopter then move around a AO. The pilots will skip the get in waypoint and move to the next waypoint in the list. Rookie mistake 😂 I was blaming the vanilla waypoints for doing this somebody on the fourms suggested that I remove all my mods. I never considered it was JEBUS I've been using it for years and never had any major issues with it playing well with other mods.  Well it definitely does not work.

I did find a workaround with the waypoint setup. I need to have the chopper fly over to the FOB land have the pilots get out then back in the chopper to continue on there waypoint search patrol around the AO.

In this mission I wanted to give the players steal a chopper from a heavily fortified FOB. Having the pilots originate from the FOB from a airport control tower was.my first design choice which is located less than 25 meters  from the helipad but that is not an option at this time using JEBUS with this significant bug that I found.  Can somebody please set up a similar scenario and confirm that is JEBUS that is causing this issue. Thank you avibird. I still enjoy the functionality and the ease of setup using JEBUS especially I use GAIA and VCOM AI for a lot of my AI patrols and enhance combat behaviors. 

Well after stripping down several missions and test playing I can almost possibly confirm it's something to do with JEBUS. I have no clue what will be causing the issue and unfortunately dreadedpirate is MIA from Arma.  It kind of defeats the whole purpose of having just editor-based unit spawning with waypoints lol. Help. Can somebody please confirm this for me and let's try to fix this issue. Avibird