dreadpirate

Jebus - Just Editor Based Unit Spawning

Dreadpirate - first off, thanks for an amazing Mod, I can't tell you how much I love it.

Second, I'm struggling to make JEBUS scripting work with the modules for "LAMBS Danger Waypoints" - specifically the "Task CAMP", "Task GARRISON", and "Task PATROL". I've searched the forums but can't figure out why this is the case - I'm a bit of a noob though, so it might be really obvious. Is there anyway of getting the mods to work together?

Many thanks for your consideration in this matter

Pete

On 1/14/2021 at 3:22 AM, pres1ige said:

Dreadpirate - first off, thanks for an amazing Mod, I can't tell you how much I love it.

Second, I'm struggling to make JEBUS scripting work with the modules for "LAMBS Danger Waypoints" - specifically the "Task CAMP", "Task GARRISON", and "Task PATROL". I've searched the forums but can't figure out why this is the case - I'm a bit of a noob though, so it might be really obvious. Is there anyway of getting the mods to work together?

Many thanks for your consideration in this matter

Pete

I haven't used LAMBS and JEBUS together before, so I can only guess what the problems might be.

The thing with modules is, they often require units to be synced to them when the mission initialises. JEBUS copies the units, deletes them, spawns new units and then tries to sync them to any modules. This only works for some modules unfortunately.

I just ran some quick tests with LAMBS and JEBUS. The LAMBS *waypoints* for TASK GARRISON and TASK PATROL seem to work fine, so it is an issue with syncing to the modules......

That leaves you without TASK CAMP, but it's a start.....

Edit: It seems that waypoint TASK GARRISON units will also mount any static weapons in the area, so you can recreate TASK CAMP with a mix of GARRISON and PATROL.....

Edited by dreadpirate
Additional information
  • Like 1

On 1/15/2021 at 7:53 PM, dreadpirate said:

I haven't used LAMBS and JEBUS together before, so I can only guess what the problems might be.

The thing with modules is, they often require units to be synced to them when the mission initialises. JEBUS copies the units, deletes them, spawns new units and then tries to sync them to any modules. This only works for some modules unfortunately.

I just ran some quick tests with LAMBS and JEBUS. The LAMBS *waypoints* for TASK GARRISON and TASK PATROL seem to work fine, so it is an issue with syncing to the modules......

That leaves you without TASK CAMP, but it's a start.....

Edit: It seems that waypoint TASK GARRISON units will also mount any static weapons in the area, so you can recreate TASK CAMP with a mix of GARRISON and PATROL.....

Thanks buddy, I really appreciate this. Sorry it took me so long to get eyes on - family dramas

Been using JEBUS for a few years now, and I love it just as much today as I did when I first discovered it. Big thanks for all your hard work, dreadpirate! This week, I was poking around in the mission folder and have a quick question about the fn_unlimitedAmmo.sqf file. Is that function turned on if I run the script with just basic parameters? (e.g., 0 = [this, "PAUSE=", 100] spawn jebus_fnc_main;) Is that unlimited ammo function baked in or does it only run if called via [<unit>] call jebus_fnc_unlimitedAmmo?

20 hours ago, diehardfc said:

Been using JEBUS for a few years now, and I love it just as much today as I did when I first discovered it. Big thanks for all your hard work, dreadpirate! This week, I was poking around in the mission folder and have a quick question about the fn_unlimitedAmmo.sqf file. Is that function turned on if I run the script with just basic parameters? (e.g., 0 = [this, "PAUSE=", 100] spawn jebus_fnc_main;) Is that unlimited ammo function baked in or does it only run if called via [<unit>] call jebus_fnc_unlimitedAmmo?

Ah, you've discovered a feature that I forgot to document!

Yes, all JEBUS units have unlimited ammo by default, but only for primary weapons and handguns, not launchers......

If you want to disable this, just comment out the line in fn_spawnUnit.sqf that calls the function.....

That is a great feature. Thanks so much for thinking of (and implementing) it! I can't stand it when I'm trying to get AI to perform assault or suppression and they just stop because they've run out of ammo.

Since we're chatting, I thought I'd ask something that I was always curious about: does the RESPAWNMARKERS function only work with actual map markers? Or could it function with an object? I was thinking of putting down an invisible helipad and moving it around the map in case I needed to change the respawn location. Or, if I'm not using RESPAWNMARKERS and there is just one respawn point, is there already a way to identify that point and possibly move it during gameplay?

6 hours ago, diehardfc said:

That is a great feature. Thanks so much for thinking of (and implementing) it! I can't stand it when I'm trying to get AI to perform assault or suppression and they just stop because they've run out of ammo.

Since we're chatting, I thought I'd ask something that I was always curious about: does the RESPAWNMARKERS function only work with actual map markers? Or could it function with an object? I was thinking of putting down an invisible helipad and moving it around the map in case I needed to change the respawn location. Or, if I'm not using RESPAWNMARKERS and there is just one respawn point, is there already a way to identify that point and possibly move it during gameplay?

Yes, RESPAWNMARKERS currently only works with map markers (that can be invisible to players) and they are fixed throughout the mission.

If you want to move the respawn point, I would create a second JEBUS group at that point and have them activated by trigger when the first objective is complete.

Hello gentleman I have been away from armor for about 6 to 8 months but trying to get back into playing. When I load  up a few of old missions with jebus units are spawning but not producing waypoints using Gaia. It's been a problem with jeb's or do I need to look into other possible issues thanks avibird

22 hours ago, avibird 1 said:

Hello gentleman I have been away from armor for about 6 to 8 months but trying to get back into playing. When I load  up a few of old missions with jebus units are spawning but not producing waypoints using Gaia. It's been a problem with jeb's or do I need to look into other possible issues thanks avibird

The demo mission is still working

• Thanks 1

Hi Dreadpirate,

Long time since i used the script.Had a question regarding the sqf line to uncomment to remove the unlimited ammo

Is it these two lines only?

[_newUnit] call jebus_fnc_unlimitedAmmo;

_newUnit;

22 minutes ago, redarmy said:

Hi Dreadpirate,

Long time since i used the script.Had a question regarding the sqf line to uncomment to remove the unlimited ammo

Is it these two lines only?

[_newUnit] call jebus_fnc_unlimitedAmmo;

_newUnit;

Just comment out the line that calls the function.

//[_newUnit] call jebus_fnc_unlimitedAmmo;

_newUnit; is still required for the script to work.....

12 minutes ago, dreadpirate said:

Just comment out the line that calls the function.

//[_newUnit] call jebus_fnc_unlimitedAmmo;

_newUnit; is still required for the script to work.....

Ah you meant "uncomment //" .

Thanks man.And i gota say its lovely to come back to this script,awesome features in order to make great missions within. An Arma4 official "Jebus module" should be in the editor 😉

Actually im not so sure how to call a cba function AND the kill pilot function.Is it in the same "INIT" call?

Currently i have this for a tank

0 = [this,"DELAY=", [5,10],"INIT=", "[_proxyThis] call jebus_fnc_pilotKill", "LIVES=", [6,9],"RESPAWNMARKERS=", ["m1", "m2"],"EXIT=", end1] spawn jebus_fnc_main;

And i have the vehicle move to a waypoint,and in waypoint on act i have

[this, "Mark1"] call CBA_fnc_taskSearchArea;

Is there a proper way i can ad this CBA call into the line above? Iv attempted it and had errors.

EDIT:

Its ok i found a work around.Though i want to report some odd errors i get in editor when loading a mission.

If im Blufor and am high commander,at mission start when i spawn near enemies i get pop up errors regarding high command.Im guessing its something to do with how high command uses enemy groups at mission start to store their group status/symbols.I get as many errors are there is jebus groups spawn.Nothing actually seems to break in this regard,HC still operates fine

Hi, I just had one question, I am trying to utilize your script so I can have AI controlled armored vehicles in a live fire/training environment with my unit. However,  I do NOT want the AI to move until I , call for them to move with a trigger (radio Alpha) but when I place them down in the editor while using your script , they ignore the trigger and begin automatically moving along their predefined waypoints.

Before you ask yes I have the trigger set up to work correctly. I disable your script and the AI will NOT move until I call for the Radio Alpha trigger. When I reactivate your script they ignore the trigger.

Any thoughts or help as to how to get this to work using your script? I need the AI to spawn back in after death so the training can continue and I do not have to constantly Zeus in more targets .

Thank you in advance 

2 hours ago, WarhammerActual said:

Hi, I just had one question, I am trying to utilize your script so I can have AI controlled armored vehicles in a live fire/training environment with my unit. However,  I do NOT want the AI to move until I , call for them to move with a trigger (radio Alpha) but when I place them down in the editor while using your script , they ignore the trigger and begin automatically moving along their predefined waypoints.

Before you ask yes I have the trigger set up to work correctly. I disable your script and the AI will NOT move until I call for the Radio Alpha trigger. When I reactivate your script they ignore the trigger.

Any thoughts or help as to how to get this to work using your script? I need the AI to spawn back in after death so the training can continue and I do not have to constantly Zeus in more targets .

Thank you in advance 

This should work fine if you sync the trigger to the waypoint via a waypoint activation link. No need to disable the script,you can call the units to spawn on a trigger,give them two waypoints,sync the first waypoint to a trigger-radio alpha,and that should be fine.

Im not sure if thats what you said you did but i did that and know it works okay least with infantry. Might be a bit of Arma'ing going on.Check the distance of vehicles to waypoints to make sure they are not completing the trigger upon spawning.

4 minutes ago, redarmy said:

This should work fine if you sync the trigger to the waypoint via a waypoint activation link. No need to disable the script,you can call the units to spawn on a trigger,give them two waypoints,sync the first waypoint to a trigger-radio alpha,and that should be fine.

I did EXACTLY that, but the unit ignored the trigger and began moving ...

Which made me believe some code in the script is making them ignore the trigger. Because when I disable the script, the trigger works perfectly. Reengage the script and poof they move ..

Just now, WarhammerActual said:

I did EXACTLY that, but the unit ignored the trigger and began moving ... which made me believe some code in the script is making them ignore the trigger. Because when I disable the script the trigger works perfectly. reengage the script and poof they move ..

Im not sure what you mean by "disabling" the script can you explain? If anything,it could be the issue

Just now, redarmy said:

Im not sure what you mean by "disabling" the script can you explain? If anything,it could be the issue

Set it up so the script is NOT being called to ensure the trigger by radio alpha is working as it should  without the script.

So I know my trigger is set up correctly. It makes no sense to me that when the script is called the units would ignore the trigger . 

5 minutes ago, WarhammerActual said:

Set it up so the script is NOT being called to ensure the trigger by radio alpha is working as it should  without the script.

So I know my trigger is set up correctly. It makes no sense to me that when the script is called the units would ignore the trigger . 

Use the script and ensure radio alpha is set to repeatable. It might be the issue,otherwise try a different way of calling the trigger. My best guess.As i am doing pretty much what your doing on an infantry group,their condition to move is in the waypoint condition box,try the  condition box

Yes im now pretty certain my way will work.Jebus saves WP's info,but synced modules maybe not

1 hour ago, redarmy said:

Use the script and ensure radio alpha is set to repeatable.

Ugggh why didn't I think of that .. Too late to be testing ..lol This was it. THANK YOU so very much 

26 minutes ago, WarhammerActual said:

Ugggh why didn't I think of that .. Too late to be testing ..lol This was it. THANK YOU so very much 

its always the little things 😉

Actually when i put this 0 = [this] spawn jebus_fnc_main; into the init of the leader and tried to retest the trigger, now its ignoring the trigger , lol ... Back to square 1 . Oh and I think i forgot to mention these are mechanized in vehicles ... not foot mobiles .

Just tested with infantry too, same thing, they move and ignore the trigger activation. They do not wait for the waypoint activation from the trigger. I will make a youtube video and post later tonight ... Ty 

16 minutes ago, WarhammerActual said:

Actually when i put this 0 = [this] spawn jebus_fnc_main; into the init of the leader and tried to retest the trigger, now its ignoring the trigger , lol ... Back to square 1 . Oh and I think i forgot to mention these are mechanized in vehicles ... not foot mobiles .

Just tested with infantry too, same thing, they move and ignore the trigger activation. They do not wait for the waypoint activation from the trigger. I will make a youtube video and post later tonight ... Ty 

All you gotta do is set a condition in the condition  box on the first waypoint of the mechanized groups,in order to delay them.It could be anything you want,even the condition of another trigger firing. Just do not sync the trigger to the waypoint as it will unsync on groups respawning.

For example,a blufor present conition in a trigger,named Trigger1 with a radius of whatever, will then activate the waypoint of mech groups if in the condition box of 1st waypoint you write 

Trigger1_Con

test that. You can also change that trigger condition to radio Alpha/repeatable if you wish.

5 minutes ago, redarmy said:

All you gotta do is set a condition in the condition  box on the first waypoint of the mechanized groups,in order to delay them.It could be anything you want,even the condition of another trigger firing. Just do not sync the trigger to the waypoint as it will unsync on groups respawning.

For example,a blufor present conition in a trigger,named Trigger1 with a radius of whatever, will then activate the waypoint of mech groups if in the condition box of 1st waypoint you write 

Trigger1_Con

test that. You can also change that trigger condition to radio Alpha/repeatable if you wish.

You lost me .. 

Just now, WarhammerActual said:

You lost me .. 

double click the mech groups waypoint that you want them to hold at,in the attributes condition box of that waypoint,paste:

Trigger1_Con

now make a trigger,with radio alpha repeatable as the condition.Name that trigger

Trigger1

now everytime that trigger fires,the mech group will continue along the waypoint as the condition is checked then considered activated.