dreadpirate

Jebus - Just Editor Based Unit Spawning

59 minutes ago, denizzcerrah said:

Hello, It's me again. 😅 Can I use Jebus for UAV's? I want to make a system like UAV recon support using Jebus and this script: 0 = [this, "INIT=", "player hcSetGroup [group _proxyThis]"] spawn jebus_fnc_main;

When I using Jebus for a UAV the UAV is falling down and destroy. It doesn' t fly and the script ( 0 = [this, "INIT=", "player hcSetGroup [group _proxyThis]"] spawn jebus_fnc_main; ) doesn't work for UAV's. So how can I do a system like UAV recon support using with Jebus? Thanks for answers 🤗

I couldn't get High Command to work with UAVs at all, how did you do it?

29 minutes ago, dreadpirate said:

I couldn't get High Command to work with UAVs at all, how did you do it?

I synchronized the UAV to High Command - Subordinate module.

7 minutes ago, denizzcerrah said:

I synchronized the UAV to High Command - Subordinate module.

But I want to the UAVs can respawn with Jebus and I can command this.

55 minutes ago, denizzcerrah said:

But I want to the UAVs can respawn with Jebus and I can command this.

I haven't really used JEBUS with UAVs before. So I'll have to work on that when I get a chance.

In the meantime, you can sync the UAV to a Vehicle Respawn Module and put the following in the "Expression" field:

(_this # 0) engineOn true; player hcSetGroup [group (_this # 0)]

If you want the UAV to spawn flying, make sure you give it plenty of altitude (at least 500m).....

• Thanks 1

@denizzcerrah This should allow you to use JEBUS drones with High Command using hcSetGroup as discussed previously.....

Version 1.453

• Fixed Drone support

Download

GitHub

(It turned out that the earlier update fixing seat positions in manned vehicles broke unmanned vehicles.....)

• Thanks 2

14 hours ago, dreadpirate said:

I haven't really used JEBUS with UAVs before. So I'll have to work on that when I get a chance.

In the meantime, you can sync the UAV to a Vehicle Respawn Module and put the following in the "Expression" field:

(_this # 0) engineOn true; player hcSetGroup [group (_this # 0)]

If you want the UAV to spawn flying, make sure you give it plenty of altitude (at least 500m).....

This method is always working! Thank you so much! 😊

10 hours ago, dreadpirate said:

@denizzcerrah This should allow you to use JEBUS drones with High Command using hcSetGroup as discussed previously.....

Version 1.453

• Fixed Drone support

Download

GitHub

(It turned out that the earlier update fixing seat positions in manned vehicles broke unmanned vehicles.....)

But this method isn't always working or I can't do. I don't know... 🤔

@dreadpirate I know I have asked this a while ago but why can't you get custom group names to carryover after respawn using Jebus or elevations of units ! 

12 minutes ago, denizzcerrah said:

Thank you dreadpirate! You are the hero! One question. Why the MQ-4A Greyhawk UAV has no ammo? I don't understand... Have you any idea?

I didn't notice that before. I can see them on the wings, but they don't seem to register for the gunner.....

Wait, I've found the problem:

In fn_spawnVehicle.sqf change the line

{_newVehicle setPylonLoadOut [(_forEachIndex + 1), _x];} forEach _vehiclePylonMagazines;

to:

{_newVehicle setPylonLoadOut [_forEachIndex, _x];} forEach _vehiclePylonMagazines;

(Indexes for pylons used to start at 1, instead of 0, but they must have fixed that.....)

I'll update JEBUS soon, but I've been trying to add some features that @avibird 1 requested and it's taken me all day.....

• Thanks 2

2 minutes ago, dreadpirate said:

I didn't notice that before. I can see them on the wings, but they don't seem to register for the gunner.....

Wait, I've found the problem:

In fn_spawnVehicle.sqf change the line

{_newVehicle setPylonLoadOut [(_forEachIndex + 1), _x];} forEach _vehiclePylonMagazines;

to:

{_newVehicle setPylonLoadOut [_forEachIndex, _x];} forEach _vehiclePylonMagazines;

(Indexes for pylons used to start at 1, instead of 0, but they must have fixed that.....)

I'll update JEBUS soon, but I've been trying to add some features that @avibird 1 requested and it's taken me all day.....

That fixes the problem for the Greyhawk, but it breaks other aircraft....... I'll do some more testing before I push out an update.....

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, dreadpirate said:

That fixes the problem for the Greyhawk, but it breaks other aircraft....... I'll do some more testing before I push out an update.....

OK dreadpirate, good luck and good days and very very thank you for everything 😊

• Thanks 1

Version 1.454

• Group ID is saved
  • Unit elevation is saved. Groups can be spawned in buildings, on ships, etc.
  • Dynamic Loadout support withdrawn for now (It wasn't working properly anyway)

Download

GitHub

Notes:

• 0 = [this, "INIT=", "{doStop _x} forEach (units _proxyThis)"] spawn jebus_fnc_main; //Units will stay in building until engaged by enemy
  • 0 = [this, "INIT=", "{_x disableAI 'PATH'} forEach (units _proxyThis)"] spawn jebus_fnc_main; //Units will stay in building even after engaged by enemy
  • Dynamic Loadout Aircraft spawn with default loadout and *not* editor created loadout. I may try to fix this at some point
  • Vehicles won't spawn if their spawn position is occupied, so spread out your vehicles at least 10m

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

@dreadpirate no words can express my gratitude 😎 this really should be a module. imagine jebus functionality in a module. 

Hey dreadpirate two things my brother. I reported the the custom unit names was not carrying over at times that you Incorporated within the script that is false lol. It may be the fact that I don't have arma on an SSD drive at this time if I do not give arma a good  30 seconds to load up and hit the continue button when I'm in map screen before the mission starts the names don't carry over if I wait 30 seconds all the good.

Now the the really stuff the elevations work great as well as the dostop command no reason to use a sentry waypoint anymore lol however the disable pathway command I am unable to reverse it using a script in a trigger at the threshold of a building door. What I have been doing in the past is using a trigger at the or if a certain unit of a group gets killed inside the building I enable the pathway for the entire group allowing them to move throughout the building and exit. With your new disable pathway I cannot enable it with a trigger. It would be nice to be able to enable it again if desired for the mission designer. I don't know if it's possible with the code you needed to put in to allow jebus to spawn it in with the group. AVIBIRD

On 9/22/2020 at 10:45 AM, avibird 1 said:

Hey dreadpirate two things my brother. I reported the the custom unit names was not carrying over at times that you Incorporated within the script that is false lol. It may be the fact that I don't have arma on an SSD drive at this time if I do not give arma a good  30 seconds to load up and hit the continue button when I'm in map screen before the mission starts the names don't carry over if I wait 30 seconds all the good.

Now the the really stuff the elevations work great as well as the dostop command no reason to use a sentry waypoint anymore lol however the disable pathway command I am unable to reverse it using a script in a trigger at the threshold of a building door. What I have been doing in the past is using a trigger at the or if a certain unit of a group gets killed inside the building I enable the pathway for the entire group allowing them to move throughout the building and exit. With your new disable pathway I cannot enable it with a trigger. It would be nice to be able to enable it again if desired for the mission designer. I don't know if it's possible with the code you needed to put in to allow jebus to spawn it in with the group. AVIBIRD

Try

{_x enableAI "PATH"} forEach units editorGroupName

in the "On Activation" box of your trigger.....

• Thanks 1

@dreadpirate

Loving the new dostop command when spawning groups in perfect for positioning units in buildings and around a town before the shit hits the fan. Works very well but can't get the disable path command to enable with a trigger 

@dreadpirate just checking can you use the "INIT=" - Init string to run upon spawning  Parameters twice in the same code line of the group leader. Or only one time?  I wanted to use the dostop command and the disable Vcom command but can only get one to work in the same group? 

Example 

0= [this, "delay=", 600, "INIT=","{dostop _x} forEach (units _proxyThis)",INIT=","(group _proxyThis) setVariable ['Vcm_Disable',true], "EXIT=",myexittrigger3, "PAUSE=",50] spawn jebus_ fnc_main;

16 hours ago, avibird 1 said:

@dreadpirate

Loving the new dostop command when spawning groups in perfect for positioning units in buildings and around a town before the shit hits the fan. Works very well but can't get the disable path command to enable with a trigger 

I must admit that I only used doStop in my tests and I just assumed disableAI would work the same way. I've got a pretty busy week coming up, but if I get a chance, I'll try to get disableAI working.....

14 hours ago, avibird 1 said:

@dreadpirate just checking can you use the "INIT=" - Init string to run upon spawning  Parameters twice in the same code line of the group leader. Or only one time?  I wanted to use the dostop command and the disable Vcom command but can only get one to work in the same group? 

Example 

0= [this, "delay=", 600, "INIT=","{dostop _x} forEach (units _proxyThis)",INIT=","(group _proxyThis) setVariable ['Vcm_Disable',true], "EXIT=",myexittrigger3, "PAUSE=",50] spawn jebus_ fnc_main;

If you use multiple "INIT=" one will overwrite the other (specifically the last one will be run). Fortunately, you can just use semicolons as you would in any other Arma scripting.

So your example would look like:

0 = [this, "delay=", 600, "INIT=", "{doStop _x} forEach (units _proxyThis); (group _proxyThis) setVariable ['Vcm_Disable',true]", "EXIT=", myexittrigger3, "PAUSE=",50] spawn jebus_ fnc_main;

• Like 2

@dreadpirate you are the man👍 I can't live without your script because I still like to use the editor to design my mission. I need to see it like an artist with a canvas . Yours truly Avibird

• Like 1

Hey @dreadpirate I know you said you had a busy week and were limited with editing scripting. When ever you get a opportunity  this is giving me an error message in the editor. 

0 = [this, "delay=", 600, "INIT=", "{doStop _x} forEach (units _proxyThis); (group _proxyThis) setVariable ['Vcm_Disable',true]", "EXIT=", myexittrigger3, "PAUSE=",50] spawn jebus_ fnc_main;. 

The error is saying it's something about disable code. The dostop command works regardless if I put it in the front or back but Vcom still takes over the group after a while in the mission.  I attempted to read through your entire thread and I don't see anyone ever talking about using the "init=", parameter twice within the group leader code.  Have you ever used it twice within the same code line or were you just saying theoretically it should work? More testing but if I use only the disable code for Vcom it works if I just use the dostop it works but if I use both how you told me the Vcom disable does not work and I get a message error in the editor. I hope I express myself clearly what the issue is. AVIBIRD.

Hey, I'm having an issue. The actual respawn function itself works fine, I spawn a small group of units, kill them and they will respawn in the position I placed them when using the editor. However when I try to use any of the other parameters like LIVES they don't seem to have an effect at all. For example I tried setting the minimum number of times the group would respawn to 1 and the maximum to 2 and they ended up still just respawning indefinitely. I am not getting any errors from the game and I have checked the syntax against the provided examples. I have also tried to use the RESPAWNMARKERS function and the DELAY function, neither had an effect and the units just respawned where they were placed or respawned within the default time. 

As an example I have just placed this into the init section of the Group 0 = [this, "LIVES=", [1,2]] spawn jebus_fnc_main; even though I have told the game to spawn the group between 1 and 2 times they have respawned 5 times.

I'd be really grateful if you could help me look into this but I do understand that its quite an old project now and you might have other stuff to do.

On 1/8/2021 at 2:02 AM, Cyb3rH4ck3r said:

Hey, I'm having an issue. The actual respawn function itself works fine, I spawn a small group of units, kill them and they will respawn in the position I placed them when using the editor. However when I try to use any of the other parameters like LIVES they don't seem to have an effect at all. For example I tried setting the minimum number of times the group would respawn to 1 and the maximum to 2 and they ended up still just respawning indefinitely. I am not getting any errors from the game and I have checked the syntax against the provided examples. I have also tried to use the RESPAWNMARKERS function and the DELAY function, neither had an effect and the units just respawned where they were placed or respawned within the default time. 

As an example I have just placed this into the init section of the Group 0 = [this, "LIVES=", [1,2]] spawn jebus_fnc_main; even though I have told the game to spawn the group between 1 and 2 times they have respawned 5 times.

I'd be really grateful if you could help me look into this but I do understand that its quite an old project now and you might have other stuff to do.

I just ran some tests on DELAY and RESPAWNMARKERS and everything seems to be working fine.

There is a problem with LIVES never using the max value eg "LIVES=", [1,2] will always have only 1 life (ie they won't respawn).

That's an easy fix. I'll have a quick look around for any other errors and then push out a small update.....

As for your problems: Try using the "DEBUG" parameter and see what is reported.....

10 hours ago, dreadpirate said:

I just ran some tests on DELAY and RESPAWNMARKERS and everything seems to be working fine.

There is a problem with LIVES never using the max value eg "LIVES=", [1,2] will always have only 1 life (ie they won't respawn).

That's an easy fix. I'll have a quick look around for any other errors and then push out a small update.....

As for your problems: Try using the "DEBUG" parameter and see what is reported.....

I tried using the DEBUG parameter but it didn't return anything, instead I went to the parameters tab of the launcher and ticked "Show script errors". When I opened my test scenario it told me straight away that I needed to copy the Gaia folder into the mission folder. After doing this everything worked perfectly. 

Is this intentional? as reading through the installation instructions it does not mention that you need to do this to get the scripts to work, all I gleam from the instructions is that you need to copy the jebus folder and description.ext.

Either way thanks for the quick reply to my original post.