dreadpirate

Jebus - Just Editor Based Unit Spawning

Anytime and welcome to arma3 community and the bohemia forums. Great community for helping people arma scripting can be very frustrating but rewarding in the same time.  If you see my host server up Avibird PC come jump in and say hi I am always test playing missions. I am not into the whole clan thing just playing the game and fucking around in the editor. 

1 hour ago, denizzcerrah said:

Oh unfortunatelly I can' t enter 😞 But i have good news! I did it with "MGI ADVANCED MODULES". Thank you for all helps. You saved my life 🙂 Also I want to put a link here in case there is someone in need. " https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1682280809&insideModal=0&requirelogin=1 " Have a good days sir 🙂 

It didn't work for me 😄😞 But I'm so closer, I feel that...

1 hour ago, avibird 1 said:

IDK it's just opens for me when I hit the link see

Hey, I know you're bored from me but I have a final question 😄 I did respawn my player and my AI group members but other units are being affected from this. Actually I want to use sametime "Jebus" and "Mgi Advanced Modules (AI can respawn)" but I don't want other units be affected from "Mgi Advanced Modules (AI can respawn)". Also I don't know how can I do. Can I use a module for just a thing (unit, group, vehicle, object etc.)? I don't know there is a code for activate a module for just a thing. If there is a code, what is this and where should I write them? If there isn't a code for this, is there any other way and what is this? Can you help me again plase? Thank you... 🙂

11 minutes ago, denizzcerrah said:

Hey, I know you're bored from me but I have a final question 😄 I did respawn my player and my AI group members but other units are being affected from this. Actually I want to use sametime "Jebus" and "Mgi Advanced Modules (AI can respawn)" but I don't want other units be affected from "Mgi Advanced Modules (AI can respawn)". Also I don't know how can I do. Can I use a module for just a thing (unit, group, vehicle, object etc.)? I don't know there is a code for activate a module for just a thing. If there is a code, what is this and where should I write them? If there isn't a code for this, is there any other way and what is this? Can you help me again plase? Thank you... 🙂

I will not answer any more questions about using other spawn methods on Jebus page. If you want to know about Jebus ask and I will try to help. There are literally dozens of posts about respawn players units and AI units on the fourm. I see you are new just slow down get used to the basic editor and all the functions and modules because 99% of every mod  and scrip is based off of vanilla editor and modules. I hope you understand this thread is about Jebus and nothing else. Avibird

3 minutes ago, avibird 1 said:

I will not answer any more questions about using other spawn methods on Jebus page. If you want to know about Jebus ask and I will try to help. There are literally dozens of posts about respawn players units and AI units on the fourm. I see you are new just slow down get used to the basic editor and all the functions and modules because 99% of every mod  and scrip is based off of vanilla editor and modules. I hope you understand this thread is about Jebus and nothing else. Avibird

Ok, thank you for everything. Good days 🙂 

@avibird 1 Good day! I have a question. I want to use Jebus with high command module. I want my player to be the commander and I want my player manages spawned groups with Jebus. Is this possible? Thank you...

Yes but the script usually spawns groups after they die setup on a timer and distance parameters within the script code that you put inside the group leader. So you will need to setup a trigger for the new group to join group using the join group command once the group of AI units gets killed. Go play with dreadpirate demo mission for a few hours it has all examples how to use the script with all the parameters.

11 minutes ago, avibird 1 said:

FYI I don't know how much scripting knowledge you have. But the joined group command is not part of Jebus you need to setup it up with a standard area trigger or radio trigger using this 

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/joinSilent

I guess I don't understand. I don't be a group leader. I want to be a commander (ctrl+spacebar) for manage other groups from my side using Jebus and high command module. Sorry for my English. I hope I can explain my problem. Thank you.

22 minutes ago, avibird 1 said:

Yes but the script usually spawns groups after they die setup on a timer and distance parameters within the script code that you put inside the group leader. So you will need to setup a trigger for the new group to join group using the join group command once the group of AI units gets killed. Go play with dreadpirate demo mission for a few hours it has all examples how to use the script with all the parameters.

By the way, how can I play dreadpirate demo mission? Where can I find this?

Oh boy 😂 at the first page of the thread there is a link to the script DL it has a demo mission. Do you even have the script DL have you even looked at the script and code parameters? 

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, denizzcerrah said:

I guess I don't understand. I don't be a group leader. I want to be a commander (ctrl+spacebar) for manage other groups from my side using Jebus and high command module. Sorry for my English. I hope I can explain my problem. Thank you.

If you just want to control the groups from high command there maybe be an issue with Jebus. Jebus  does not carryover over with syn objects after respawn but you could resynchronize the group using Zeus interface.  What are you trying to do. Just control groups as a commander and not actually playing and on the ground with the group then just use Zeus for that. Maybe I'm not understanding what you're trying to accomplish.

16 minutes ago, avibird 1 said:

If you just want to control the groups from high command there maybe be an issue with Jebus. Jebus  does not carryover over with syn objects after respawn but you could resynchronize the group using Zeus interface.  What are you trying to do. Just control groups as a commander and not actually playing and on the ground with the group then just use Zeus for that. Maybe I'm not understanding what you're trying to accomplish.

Actually I want to just control the groups of my side and I want to use Jebus. I want to use Jebus for infinite respawn of groups. I wish synchronize the Jebus groups to high command-subordinate module. If I could do this I would have the groups with Jebus. So I would have the groups with right to infinite respawn and I could manage these groups while I'm playing.

You will have an issue with Jebus after respawn some of the code placed in the group init will not carryover. The group name will not carryover and synchronized items as well. IDk how to that to work I think it's out of Jebus  scope but dreadpirate could answer that. Do you want to be a playable unit or just in command of the groups?  If only in command just use Zeus 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, avibird 1 said:

You will have an issue with Jebus after respawn some of the code placed in the group init will not carryover. The group name will not carryover and synchronized items as well. IDk how to that to work I think it's out of Jebus  scope but dreadpirate could answer that. Do you want to be a playable unit or just in command of the groups?  If only in command just use Zeus 

I want to be a playable unit. By the way, thank you all of your helps.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, denizzcerrah said:

@avibird 1 Good day! I have a question. I want to use Jebus with high command module. I want my player to be the commander and I want my player manages spawned groups with Jebus. Is this possible? Thank you...

@dreadpirate hello! Can you help me please? I have a problem with Jebus and high command module.

3 hours ago, denizzcerrah said:

@dreadpirate hello! Can you help me please? I have a problem with Jebus and high command module.

0 = [this, "INIT=", "player hcSetGroup [group _proxyThis]"] spawn jebus_fnc_main; 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 9/9/2020 at 11:12 PM, dreadpirate said:

0 = [this, "INIT=", "player hcSetGroup [group _proxyThis]"] spawn jebus_fnc_main; 

Thank you so much! 🤗 

2 hours ago, avibird 1 said:

@dreadpirate  How would I put this in into Jebus.

(Group this ) setupVariable ["Vcm_Disable",ture];

0 = [this, "INIT=", "(group _proxyThis) setVariable ['Vcm_Disable', true]"] spawn jebus_fnc_main; 

• Like 1

Hello, It's me again. 😅 Can I use Jebus for UAV's? I want to make a system like UAV recon support using Jebus and this script: 0 = [this, "INIT=", "player hcSetGroup [group _proxyThis]"] spawn jebus_fnc_main;

When I using Jebus for a UAV the UAV is falling down and destroy. It doesn' t fly and the script ( 0 = [this, "INIT=", "player hcSetGroup [group _proxyThis]"] spawn jebus_fnc_main; ) doesn't work for UAV's. So how can I do a system like UAV recon support using with Jebus? Thanks for answers 🤗