dreadpirate

Jebus - Just Editor Based Unit Spawning

44 minutes ago, avibird 1 said:

The only mod I'm using is MCC and GAIA besides the editor mods Achilles Zeus and Eden enhanced.

Can you post a copy of the mission so I can take a look?

Hey dreadpirate some strange stuff. So I think it has do to with how fast the groups get delete it. If I delete the groups from the editor less then 60 seconds between each group only some groups will respawn back like I said 2 to 4 seems to be the sweet spot but if I delete the groups every few minutes then all the groups spawn back as they should.Armored vehicles like tanks and ACP's. Not Jeep's.  I will test more today. The mission is not done still work in progress but yes I will. 

I forgot to mention I am using a modified version of AIS wound system that I have modified to be used with team switch. The units will never die only stay unconscious and if you entire playable units of 18 playable units all get incapacitated the mission will end. I call it last man standing mode.  When you run your test delete the units very fast and see what happens. Avibird

Hey dreadpirate I just looked at you new demo. Go to the airport to the north with the air base place 7 tanks all individually with a few waypoints and a cycle waypoint with simple Jebus code to respawn back. Then run mission and strat deleting everything on the map most of the units on the map in your demo will spawn back only two of the 7 tanks spawned back and when I continue to delete the entire map eventually none of the armored vehicles spawn back at the airport a few empty tanks no crew no waypoints

Like I said it seems only to be an issue with armored vehicles.  Avibird

11 hours ago, avibird 1 said:

Hey dreadpirate I just looked at you new demo. Go to the airport to the north with the air base place 7 tanks all individually with a few waypoints and a cycle waypoint with simple Jebus code to respawn back. Then run mission and strat deleting everything on the map most of the units on the map in your demo will spawn back only two of the 7 tanks spawned back and when I continue to delete the entire map eventually none of the armored vehicles spawn back at the airport a few empty tanks no crew no waypoints

Like I said it seems only to be an issue with armored vehicles.  Avibird

I tried this with 7 tanks and all spawned in and were given waypoints correctly. There *is* a problem with units forgetting their waypoints after enemy contact, but that's an Arma 3 issue, not a JEBUS issue. I can't fix that.

I *did* experience problems as you describe when I tried 14 tanks: Initially all 14 spawned in, but later, only 12 would spawn, with 2 empty tanks.

I think you're just overloading the system and you need to scale it down until things work properly.....

Hey dreadpirate in the old version I never had issue like this but the old version run very slow and laggy. 

I only have five armor vehicles I don't think that is to much. I don't have issues with ground troops or cars only armor and ACP's but if I delete them like every 30 to 60 seconds then it's all good. However if I delete them less then 30 seconds then the issue starts. 

On 8/18/2020 at 3:23 AM, avibird 1 said:

Hey dreadpirate in the old version I never had issue like this but the old version run very slow and laggy. 

I only have five armor vehicles I don't think that is to much. I don't have issues with ground troops or cars only armor and ACP's but if I delete them like every 30 to 60 seconds then it's all good. However if I delete them less then 30 seconds then the issue starts. 

I think I've figured out what the problem is. The createGroup command is sometimes failing to create a group, even though I'm nowhere near the group limit.

So the createUnit command is failing without reporting an error, because it requires a valid group to spawn into.

Has anyone come across this before when trying to create a number of groups at the same time?

• Like 2

Thanks for the update buddy! Out of curiosity, why don't you release new versions under releases on Git rather then/in conjunction with GDrive? Although one can just download the master.

7 minutes ago, Janez said:

Thanks for the update buddy! Out of curiosity, why don't you release new versions under releases on Git rather then/in conjunction with GDrive? Although one can just download the master.

I'm not that experienced with GitHub, but I just created a release.....

The Google Drive version is the whole demo mission rather than just source code.

Also, I like to give people some different options for downloading.....

8 hours ago, dreadpirate said:

Also, I like to give people some different options for downloading.....

That's always appreciated for sure. Take care!

@dreadpirate thank you for your support with this must have script for me. Greatly appreciate your hard work keeping this alive 💓

How does one use the recruit feature? I have the following code in the group init but the members are behaving as a separate group.

0 = [this, "DELAY=", [10,10], "RECRUIT="] spawn jebus_fnc_main;

I'll admit I've been doing a lot of copy and pasting so I'm confident there is something I'm screwing up here due to my inexperience mission building.

If anyone could point me in the right direction I'd be grateful.

Thanks!

11 hours ago, AoJ said:

How does one use the recruit feature? I have the following code in the group init but the members are behaving as a separate group.

0 = [this, "DELAY=", [10,10], "RECRUIT="] spawn jebus_fnc_main;

I'll admit I've been doing a lot of copy and pasting so I'm confident there is something I'm screwing up here due to my inexperience mission building.

If anyone could point me in the right direction I'd be grateful.

Thanks!

It's nor "RECRUIT=", it's just "RECRUIT". Then there should be an action to recruit the unit when you run up to him.....

By the way, "DELAY=", 10 works. It doesn't have to be [10,10].....

11 hours ago, dreadpirate said:

It's nor "RECRUIT=", it's just "RECRUIT". Then there should be an action to recruit the unit when you run up to him.....

By the way, "DELAY=", 10 works. It doesn't have to be [10,10].....

It worked perfectly! Thanks for the help and your work on this amazing script.

@dreadpirate Hello! Firstly, you did really an amazing job! Very very thank you for Jebus. But I have a question about respawning of my group and my player in game. Can I do respawn point for my player and my AI group with Jebus in a single player mission? If I can, how can I do? If you can help me I feel very good. I've been working on this for days. Thank you in advance for your answer and I apologize for my English. I hope I was able to explain my problem. Have a good days!

Hey Jebus is not for a player respawn it's for the AI non playable units.. Avibird.

5 hours ago, avibird 1 said:

Hey Jebus is not for a player respawn it's for the AI non playable units.. Avibird.

Ok, I got it. So how can I success that? I want to just respawn on a marker with my player and my AI group when my player die in a single player mission.

Let me get this straight. You want to have respawn on for playable units (you) and a group of AI units that you are the leader. Yes or no.

If yes Jebus is for non playable units to spawn. You really can't use jebus to spawn in playable units!

You can use jebus to spawn in a group of AI and then in a waypoint or trigger have them join your group as AI under your control but there are a lot of simple ways to do this then use jebus. 

Jebus  stands for just

Editor based unit spawning. It is meant to be used on AI units that have editor place waypoints or using some type of patrol script like upmons gaia ect. Hope this clarifies.

12 minutes ago, avibird 1 said:

Let me get this straight. You want to have respawn on for playable units (you) and a group of AI units that you are the leader. Yes or no.

If yes Jebus is for non playable units to spawn. You really can't use jebus to spawn in playable units!

You can use jebus to spawn in a group of AI and then in a waypoint or trigger have them join your group as AI under your control but there are a lot of simple ways to do this then use jebus. 

Jebus  stands for just

Editor based unit spawning. It is meant to be used on AI units that have editor place waypoints or using some type of patrol script like upmons gaia ect. Hope this clarifies.

I got it. I can' t use Jebus for playable units. But my question is there is any way to respawn my player unit and him AI unit group on a marker? I know I can' t do this using with Jebus.

Yes there is dozens of ways you can do this. There are so many options like  Bohemia modules or other scripts you can use just look at armaholic stream workshop or use BI modules ect. The choice is yours but you are in the JEBUS fourm and no not with Jebus 

28 minutes ago, avibird 1 said:

Yes there is dozens of ways you can do this. There are so many options like  Bohemia modules or other scripts you can use just look at armaholic stream workshop or use BI modules ect. The choice is yours but you are in the JEBUS fourm and no not with Jebus 

Allright, this is a good news 😄 But I don' t know how can I do this... I am too noob in coding. Can you help me about respawning as a group in single player mission?

48 minutes ago, avibird 1 said:

Just now, denizzcerrah said:

Allright, this is a good news 😄 But I don' t know how can I do this... I am too noob in coding. Can you help me about respawning as a group in single player mission?

I looked at Armaholic but I guess it's closed. What can I do? Which website can help to me?

40 minutes ago, avibird 1 said:

Oh unfortunatelly I can' t enter 😞 But i have good news! I did it with "MGI ADVANCED MODULES". Thank you for all helps. You saved my life 🙂 Also I want to put a link here in case there is someone in need. " https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1682280809&insideModal=0&requirelogin=1 " Have a good days sir 🙂