dreadpirate

Jebus - Just Editor Based Unit Spawning

9 hours ago, oatemeal said:

Not sure if anyone can help me out but I have an odd issue, I've tried setting up trigger spawning for an ambush mission.

It seems to work in theory but it seems to be intermittent where sometimes the units don't spawn until the trigger is done, other times they all spawn at the start and the trigger doesn't work and then finally other times some of them spawn on trigger and others spawn on mission start. There seems to be no consistency as to why it does or doesn't work. Any advice?

What happens when you add "DEBUG" to the parameters?

Hey dreadpirate I see you updated your script on April 17th. I have been away from armor for a bit but still dealing with double spawn of groups at times. I don't know if you addressed it in your update where you found the fix besides putting the delay a little longer for group to spawn back. 

What else did you update with the new update in April. I would like to switch over but I want to make sure it doesn't break my other missions using Jebus that already have Incorporated in missions with other scripts and mods. Thanks avibird and I hope for arma4 Bohemia will have some type of module based on Jebus and the functionality with your script.

Hey dreadpirate I see you updated your script on April 17th. I have been away from armor for a bit but still dealing with double spawn of groups at times. I don't know if you addressed it in your update where you found the fix besides putting the delay a little longer for group to spawn back. 

What else did you update with the new update in April. I would like to switch over but I want to make sure it doesn't break my other missions using Jebus that already have Incorporated in missions with other scripts and mods. Thanks avibird and I hope for arma4 Bohemia will have some type of module based on Jebus and the functionality with your script.

3 hours ago, avibird 1 said:

I did a major rewrite of the code. Groups are saved and deleted more quickly at mission start and spawn in more quickly when required.

Create backups of your old missions and try the new version and see if it works for you.....

• Like 1

Hey dreadpirate I will download and check it out 😘 your script can't make missions without it.

Question the new update 

1.Will a group keep it's group call name like alpha 1-1 or if I change it like hawk squad.

2. Will a unit or group leader keep a command in its init for example doStop and will it carryover when it now spawns in.

Thanks again for a most have script 😊

Dreadpirate the script definitely runs loads faster smoother with somewhat better fps. I using like 26 groups that spawn into this mission.

1. Group names  that you give from the editor still don't carryover.

2. Commands placed in the unit init box like doStop don't carryover after the unit/group spawns.

3. Units that are placed on elevations through the editor like a second floor will still spawn on the ground.

Are these issues that cannot be addressed or things you never thought of?     

• Thanks 1

Has any experienced issues with Jebus issuing waypoints for ONLY armor units following respawn. I recently switched to dreadedpirates new rewrite update version and my armor units will not follow it's waypoints but infantry unit cars work fine! I don't want to switch back to the old version because it's definitely a noticeable with load time FPS ECT but without working armor units.  

If I go into Zeus and Nagy the armored vehicle pick it up and drop it from a few feet it will strat moving towards its waypoints. If not the unit will stay stationary as a watch it attempted to move to the next waypoint down the line eventually the waypoints disappear once it hits recycle all them appear again and it starts over and the vehicle never moves. Help!!!

Lol wow a few hours trying to figure this out 🤣 yes the new update does not allow armor units the following points. I switch back to the old version all works well. The only mods I have MCC using GAIA and Zeus and Eden enhanced as well as Achilles. The only mods. Dreadedpirate it's definitely an issue with pathfinding with armor units only well I did not look at boats or planes but I am back with the old version let me know what you find out!!! 

I stated this before I cannot make missions without using the script. This should be a vanilla module for sure. Avibird.

Hey dreadpirate there is definitely an issue with the script allowing armor vehicles to follow waypoints. It seems there's an issue with pathfinding. When I watch the waypoint cycle through and disappear it's like the vehicles are unsure how to go about navigating to the waypoints so it moves to the next waypoint(like the way point is unattainable) and so on and so on.

If the waypoints are linked with a cycle waypoint they will start from the beginning and disappear again!

I tested it using the original editor base waypoint respawning script by 

Editor based AI script by trigger

by Murklor & ArmAIIholic it works armor vehicles will follow however the script is outdated multiple errors pop up and is not as robust as yours. Your new update definitely had better performance when using it now but can have a mission without armored vehicles using it. I'm reverting back to the old one 😥 until you can figure it out. Is this the first you're hearing of it since you updated the script.

6 hours ago, avibird 1 said:

Hey dreadpirate there is definitely an issue with the script allowing armor vehicles to follow waypoints. It seems there's an issue with pathfinding. When I watch the waypoint cycle through and disappear it's like the vehicles are unsure how to go about navigating to the waypoints so it moves to the next waypoint(like the way point is unattainable) and so on and so on.

If the waypoints are linked with a cycle waypoint they will start from the beginning and disappear again!

I tested it using the original editor base waypoint respawning script by 

Editor based AI script by trigger

by Murklor & ArmAIIholic it works armor vehicles will follow however the script is outdated multiple errors pop up and is not as robust as yours. Your new update definitely had better performance when using it now but can have a mission without armored vehicles using it. I'm reverting back to the old one 😥 until you can figure it out. Is this the first you're hearing of it since you updated the script.

I just did some testing on this. I spawned one JEBUS armoured group with waypoints and it worked fine.

Then I spawned 4 groups. No problem.

Then I spawned 9 groups and I started to see the problem you're talking about. Some groups would work fine. With others, only the leader would move and others wouldn't move at all.

I'll be honest, I have no idea what causes this and no idea how to fix it.....

• Confused 1

Hey dreadpirate. That sucks. I don't remember where I read it from either with Jebus or GAIA but I will not go over 35 groups. Like I said it seems to be only affected by armor units not cars apc's and tanks. if I swap out the crew of these vehicles and place them in a regular truck it works fine.

What I'm going to try having the vehicles spawn separate using in-game module and then spawn the crew using Jebus have them get in nearest waypoint then have my other waypoints to see if they will follow the waypoints. I will let you know what I found. Thanks for checking I just want to make sure I wasn't going nuts. 

14 minutes ago, avibird 1 said:

Hey dreadpirate. That sucks. I don't remember where I read it from either with Jebus or GAIA but I will not go over 35 groups. Like I said it seems to be only affected by armor units not cars apc's and tanks. if I swap out the crew of these vehicles and place them in a regular truck it works fine.

What I'm going to try having the vehicles spawn separate using in-game module and then spawn the crew using Jebus have them get in nearest waypoint then have my other waypoints to see if they will follow the waypoints. I will let you know what I found. Thanks for checking I just want to make sure I wasn't going nuts. 

When I think about it, most of the headaches in developing JEBUS have related to vehicles. 

Every time I added a new feature for infantry (waypoints, loadouts, skills, multiple respawns) it worked first time or after a few minutes of tweaking.

Every time I've added a feature for vehicles it has been hours of frustration and bug hunting.

When I make missions, I make them infantry based, with a handful of  vehicles for transportation and support because I think that's the sweet spot of getting good performance and good gameplay from Arma 3.

• Like 1

I can only guess how much frustration you get attempting to write the code I'm just trying to use it lol. if you pick up the vehicle a few meters off the ground and drop it sometimes it will start following its way points🙄 the old code works fine but the improved performance with the new written code is definitely needed with 35 groups. I'm going to try to spawn a group and then have them enter into a vehicle to see if it will follow the waypoints.

Hey dreadpirate a quick fix for now. If I use the vehicle respawn module next to a group using Jebus with a getting nearest waypoint then a series of waypoints that you want the vehicle to take use a cycle waypoint to close the loop not including the getting waypoint. All works well. If the vehicle gets disabled and the crew bails out the vehicle will respawn and when the crew finally gets killed your Jebus will respawn the group next to the vehicle. 

I hope you can figure this out but this is a quick fix for someone who wants to used  armor vehicles with Jebus. Like I said I can't make a mission without Jebus 👍 Bohemia should definitely make a vanilla module based on Jebus for Arma4. The only mods I really need MCC4 (GAIA) and JEBUS 😎 Avibird

Dreadpirate the original spawn editor waypoints by Murklor & ArmAIIholic has the same issue with armor vehicles. I took a few months off from Arma it seems it's a engine issue rather than your particular script. When was the last engine update was it with the old man stuff?  Both are having the same issues with vehicle pathfinding after it's spawn back into the game. FYI Avibird.

Hey dreadpirate when I test playing my mission through the Eden editor I am now getting a message error from Jebus something about pushback error getting marker line 91 Jebus. I will take a screenshot with the full message error perhaps this is the cause of the vehicle error not able to reach its waypoints. I don't get it with the old version and the vehicles did not have the issue reaching its waypoints.

Using the vehicle spawn module to spawn in the vehicle that the Jebus units will use is a good fix for now.

Version 1.451

• Fixed crew member roles not being assigned correctly

Download

GitHub

@avibird 1 This should fix your issue. I'm still noticing problems with waypoints when things get really laggy, but it's much better than it was.....

• Thanks 1

Thank you sir for the update is th new version on armaholic site as well. 

Hey dreadpirate the update is working mostly now. Armor units are getting waypoints now and able to follow them again however if you have multiple armor units using multiple respawn markers some of the armor vehicles will not spawn back. But if I use the "START=" parameter and the "DELAY="  parameter and stagnate each vehicle at a different time like 45 60 75 90 and 105 and match it with the delay for the same vehicle all 5 will respawn back into the mission if I don't use the start and delay parameters I will only get 2 or 3 armor vehicle spawn back into the mission. 

I need to test more and see if there is a vehicle limit that the script will stop spawning the vehicles back. None of the vehicles are being spawned in by a trigger. I know that was the initial purpose of the start parameter to help with lag with multiple vehicle spawning in on a trigger.

I only have 5 armor vehicles and 3 cars using Jebus to respawn back into the mission until trigger are reach to stop the reinforcements. 

More testing is needed I will let you know what I fine avibird.

Dreadedpirate there is something definitely wrong with the script can't get to respawn more then 2-4 armor vehicles after initial start of mission. Very inconsistent of how many vehicles will actually get to respawn the second time. I am done need your help I have no clue where to look or what to try to get it to work now. I don't want to go back to the old version cuz this one run so much better 😥🙄 

3 hours ago, avibird 1 said:

Dreadedpirate there is something definitely wrong with the script can't get to respawn more then 2-4 armor vehicles after initial start of mission. Very inconsistent of how many vehicles will actually get to respawn the second time. I am done need your help I have no clue where to look or what to try to get it to work now. I don't want to go back to the old version cuz this one run so much better 😥🙄 

@avibird 1 I tried to recreate this problem, but the correct number of vehicles spawned every time, even when I put a lot of groups in, which is what caused the previous problem.

Is the problem happening with multiple respawn markers? Is the problem occurring when there are multiple vehicles in a group?

• Thanks 1

No multiple vehicles in a group vehicles are single vehicles only. I took out all the vehicle respawn markers and still having the problem. Respawn on editor location and or on multiple markers same issue I can only get 3-4 vehicles to work with the script. After the initial spawn the other vehicles will not spawn back. 

Extremely frustrating 😥

The only mod I'm using is MCC and GAIA besides the editor mods Achilles Zeus and Eden enhanced.

12 minutes ago, avibird 1 said:

No multiple vehicles in a group vehicles are single vehicles only. I took out all the vehicle respawn markers and still having the problem. Respawn on editor location and or on multiple markers same issue I can only get 3-4 vehicles to work with the script. After the initial spawn the other vehicles will not spawn back. 

Extremely frustrating 😥

Is the problem happening every time or only sometimes?

All the time it doesn't make a difference if I delete them hit them with a lightning bolt from Zeus or spawn in and kill them myself. All the time. It's like I have a limit cap for the number of vehicles 🤣