dreadpirate

Jebus - Just Editor Based Unit Spawning

On 12/17/2019 at 4:51 PM, sgtfuzzle17 said:

How does setting the "Probability of Presence" attribute in the editor affect spawning within this script? Will the probability be calculated on each respawn leading to potentially different amounts of units in subsequent patrols, or is it just decided on mission start and from there on out respawns will always see the amount set at the start of the mission?

Second option...

Trying to set something up using JEBUS again. I'm using it to limit the range on an air defence VLS - Its got a roughly 10km range by default, so I want to set it up that a trigger spawns the VLS system once OPFOR gets into a trigger over the area they're protecting. The issue is, I need them to despawn after there's no threats present, but with the potential ability to spawn again should threats come back. The way I've currently got it set up (which is working before considering the despawning).

• VLS placed with "0 = [this] spawn jebus_fnc_main;" in init
  • This is synced to a trigger, with the parameters of "OPFOR present", so once they're "in range", the VLS spawns and fires.

I know exit triggers are a thing, however from my understanding that's more to do with disabling respawning rather than straight removing a unit. Any ideas?

10 hours ago, sgtfuzzle17 said:

I need them to despawn after there's no threats present, but with the potential ability to spawn again should threats come back.

Would CACHE or REDUCE work?

0 = [this, "CACHE=", 11000] spawn jebus_fnc_main;  //1000m buffer to allow them to unhide and re-simulate, then the 10000m coverage

With a trigger spawn, the units don't despawn after use, they just stop respawning when they run out of LIVES or have an EXIT. However, you could have the opfor present trigger repeatable and a deleteVehicle on the VLS on deactivation?

14 hours ago, sgtfuzzle17 said:

Trying to set something up using JEBUS again. I'm using it to limit the range on an air defence VLS - Its got a roughly 10km range by default, so I want to set it up that a trigger spawns the VLS system once OPFOR gets into a trigger over the area they're protecting. The issue is, I need them to despawn after there's no threats present, but with the potential ability to spawn again should threats come back. The way I've currently got it set up (which is working before considering the despawning).

• VLS placed with "0 = [this] spawn jebus_fnc_main;" in init
  • This is synced to a trigger, with the parameters of "OPFOR present", so once they're "in range", the VLS spawns and fires.

I know exit triggers are a thing, however from my understanding that's more to do with disabling respawning rather than straight removing a unit. Any ideas?

Here's the way I did it:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1ho7oivdkJX580Ls4qgDDaAbxuSeeilq2

(The deactivation code in the trigger deletes the vehicle and its crew when OPFOR has left the area)

On 12/29/2019 at 5:19 PM, dreadpirate said:

Here's the way I did it:

(The deactivation code in the trigger deletes the vehicle and its crew when OPFOR has left the area)

Thanks! Just to double check, if you re-enter the original spawn trigger, will it respawn them again?

7 hours ago, sgtfuzzle17 said:

Thanks! Just to double check, if you re-enter the original spawn trigger, will it respawn them again?

That's right.

@dreadpirate  enjoying your script very much, it has awakened a desire to make missions after a long absence. Finally, the frame rates I’ve been craving for years! 😍

I know I'm being a bit thick, but I’m getting on a bit now & never was much good with the scripting - if I only want a squad to spawn once (ie just as I put them down in the editor and not returning from the grave) what do number do I use for “LIVES”,x ?     

Is it 0, for no respawn, or 1, as in the Life they spawn with?

10 hours ago, guttersnipe said:

@dreadpirate  enjoying your script very much, it has awakened a desire to make missions after a long absence. Finally, the frame rates I’ve been craving for years! 😍

I know I'm being a bit thick, but I’m getting on a bit now & never was much good with the scripting - if I only want a squad to spawn once (ie just as I put them down in the editor and not returning from the grave) what do number do I use for “LIVES”,x ?     

Is it 0, for no respawn, or 1, as in the Life they spawn with?

0 = [this, "LIVES=", 1] spawn jebus_fnc_main;

Hey, love the mod. But I am having one minor problem. I want to spawn in Ravage Zombies. There are 3 zombies with this mod: bolter, runner, walker. I cannot get any of them to spawn. I can get normal civilians to spawn. This is another mod, so I can understand why it won't work. Right now I'd like to get one zombie_walker to respawn. I have this in their init: 0 = [this]  spawn jebus_fnc_main; ,<- removing that line to blank, the zombie will spawn in normally.  That line in the init makes any other unit respawn just fine. 

If I use a transport truck, put a civilian driver in it, load it up with ravage zombies and add the init line above on the truck, it works! I use a get out command and a scripted waypoint to my position. The zombies spawn in before the truck, get deleted, then the truck spawns in full of zombies and works fine. Kinda weird. I love Jebus. I really appreciate that you have kept updating this mod. This really should be vanilla. 

10 hours ago, xtrickyxx said:

Hey, love the mod. But I am having one minor problem. I want to spawn in Ravage Zombies. There are 3 zombies with this mod: bolter, runner, walker. I cannot get any of them to spawn. I can get normal civilians to spawn. This is another mod, so I can understand why it won't work. Right now I'd like to get one zombie_walker to respawn. I have this in their init: 0 = [this]  spawn jebus_fnc_main; ,<- removing that line to blank, the zombie will spawn in normally.  That line in the init makes any other unit respawn just fine. 

If I use a transport truck, put a civilian driver in it, load it up with ravage zombies and add the init line above on the truck, it works! I use a get out command and a scripted waypoint to my position. The zombies spawn in before the truck, get deleted, then the truck spawns in full of zombies and works fine. Kinda weird. I love Jebus. I really appreciate that you have kept updating this mod. This really should be vanilla. 

There may be special Ravage scripts running on zombies that are interfering. You might have to ask in the Ravage thread about spawning zombies via script....

If I get a chance over the weekend, I'll look into it.....

On 3/12/2020 at 7:30 PM, xtrickyxx said:

It seems that Ravage zombies can't join groups like other units. Seeing as JEBUS relies on groups, it won't work.... at the moment.

I'm working on a JEBUS update which would allow the spawning of individual units, that might make a difference.

I've pretty much rewritten JEBUS from the ground up, making it more modular and easier to read and maintain. Saving and spawning groups is much faster now.

The only real feature I've added is the (optional) ability to recruit JEBUS units to your group. Instead of a recruit script with a menu, just run up to a unit and get him to join you, meaning you can customise loadouts for recruits.

I'm also tinkering with other minor AI enhancements for recruits, like the ability to teleport them if they get stuck and unlimited ammo, so they aren't constantly whining about running out.....

• Like 1

Hi there! I apologize if this question has already been answered somewhere, but the continued support and update for this addon makes it very hard to follow what is a current feature, and what replies are already obsolete (too good support, what a strange thing to complain about....)

I am currently trying to build a very large multiplayer mission for a dedicated server, probably spawning close to 50 patrols over whole chernarus. Players are going to move through the map, dispatch patrols, which will respawn after a while.

My first question is this: Is JEBUS going to be an appropriate tool for me? I dont understand the different ways mods cache/virtualize units, are there differences in the effect on performance?

My second question is more technical: Respawning my patrols works flawless, and so does 'REDUCE='. However, I cant seem to get 'CACHE' to work. I can always see the leader running around on the map, both in Zeus view, but also in the beginning of the mission on the zeus map (without Zeus camera being close to the unit).

Here is my init line: 0 = [this, "DELAY=", [1,2], "PAUSE=", 1000, "CACHE=", 1500, "REDUCE=", 750] spawn jebus_fnc_main;

PS: maybe this helps. As directed in the first post of this topic, from the latest example mission I did only copy the jebus folder and the description.ext into my mission, not "gaia" or "scripts"

7 hours ago, Stu13 said:

Hi there! I apologize if this question has already been answered somewhere, but the continued support and update for this addon makes it very hard to follow what is a current feature, and what replies are already obsolete (too good support, what a strange thing to complain about....)

I am currently trying to build a very large multiplayer mission for a dedicated server, probably spawning close to 50 patrols over whole chernarus. Players are going to move through the map, dispatch patrols, which will respawn after a while.

My first question is this: Is JEBUS going to be an appropriate tool for me? I dont understand the different ways mods cache/virtualize units, are there differences in the effect on performance?

My second question is more technical: Respawning my patrols works flawless, and so does 'REDUCE='. However, I cant seem to get 'CACHE' to work. I can always see the leader running around on the map, both in Zeus view, but also in the beginning of the mission on the zeus map (without Zeus camera being close to the unit).

Here is my init line: 0 = [this, "DELAY=", [1,2], "PAUSE=", 1000, "CACHE=", 1500, "REDUCE=", 750] spawn jebus_fnc_main;

PS: maybe this helps. As directed in the first post of this topic, from the latest example mission I did only copy the jebus folder and the description.ext into my mission, not "gaia" or "scripts"

You can't use CACHE and REDUCE at the same time. REDUCE is taking precedence in this case.

My new version *may* allow me to completely despawn and then rebuild groups, but there are a few technical hurdles to get over first.

Is 50 patrols a lot for JEBUS? Depends on a lot of factors, but mostly how many groups will be active at once. Are your players concentrated in one area, activating only a few groups at a time? Or are they spread out doing different tasks?

@dreadpirate

Oh, I see. I thought I could reduce at a larger range, and spawn the full unit at a closer range. I think that would be a really neat feature, but understandable that you cant do everything 😉
Thanks so much for your answer. Regarding the players; its a bit of a mix. The players will start apart and then try to find each other. I will try around and see if it works out performance wise. 

Are there technical differences in the way your script caches units compared to e.g. ALiVE (the only other virtualization mod I am familiar with)?

1 minute ago, Stu13 said:

@dreadpirate

Oh, I see. I thought I could reduce at a larger range, and spawn the full unit at a closer range. I think that would be a really neat feature, but understandable that you cant do everything 😉
Thanks so much for your answer. Regarding the players; its a bit of a mix. The players will start apart and then try to find each other. I will try around and see if it works out performance wise. 

Are there technical differences in the way your script caches units compared to e.g. ALiVE (the only other virtualization mod I am familiar with)?

CACHE just hides the units and disables simulation. REDUCE does the same, but teleports infantry back to the leader when they "un-reduce" (which is why I don't recommend using REDUCE with multi-vehicle groups).

ALIVE actually deletes the group and rebuilds it when players are in range. With the new version, I may be able to replicate this, but it's still a WIP.....

hi, i try to use,

i copy it in mission folder & add this inthe init group:

0 = [this, "FLYING", "DELAY=", [30,60]] spawn jebus_fnc_main;

but pilot no dead after and never respawn.

i copy on init group , on jet, or on pilot ?

sy for my english i am french.

ty

25 minutes ago, 14ps081 said:

hi, i try to use,

i copy it in mission folder & add this inthe init group:

0 = [this, "FLYING", "DELAY=", [30,60]] spawn jebus_fnc_main;

but pilot no dead after and never respawn.

i copy on init group , on jet, or on pilot ?

sy for my english i am french.

ty

Here's a demo mission with planes:

It's for an older version of JEBUS, but all the commands are the same.

You can place the init code on the group, jet or pilot, it doesn't matter.....

I'm having a strange issue with custom units respawning with the voices and faces I assigned them.
The jebus code I'm using is only as follows: 

Spoiler

0 = [this, "CACHE=", 25] spawn jebus_fnc_main;

I'm using script to over write a CSAT identities with nato Identities using this:

Spoiler

comment "Set identity"; 
[this,"WhiteHead_28","male03eng"] call BIS_fnc_setIdentity; 

I'm Also using the attributes set the identities within 3den. However the identities still come through as CSAT when they respawn in game. Is this due to a vanilla bug? Because I noticed when I go into virtual arsenal inside if 3den and import my loadout from my exported "tutorial" virtual arsenal, the identity doesn't go through like it should. 

Any ideas?

Edit: I just tried setFace and setSpeaker. These failed as well. Even with no mods or scripts. Must be some sort of vanilla issue from the last update

6 hours ago, ooster said:

I'm having a strange issue with custom units respawning with the voices and faces I assigned them.
The jebus code I'm using is only as follows: 

Hide contents

0 = [this, "CACHE=", 25] spawn jebus_fnc_main;

I'm using script to over write a CSAT identities with nato Identities using this:

Hide contents

comment "Set identity"; 
[this,"WhiteHead_28","male03eng"] call BIS_fnc_setIdentity; 

I'm Also using the attributes set the identities within 3den. However the identities still come through as CSAT when they respawn in game. Is this due to a vanilla bug? Because I noticed when I go into virtual arsenal inside if 3den and import my loadout from my exported "tutorial" virtual arsenal, the identity doesn't go through like it should. 

Any ideas?

Edit: I just tried setFace and setSpeaker. These failed as well. Even with no mods or scripts. Must be some sort of vanilla issue from the last update

If you look at redressAFRArmy.sqf in the demo mission, I'm assigning African faces and Greek voices to some units (at the radio tower, west of Kamino).

This seems to work ok.... in singleplayer. In MP, you'd have to make sure that setFace and setSpeaker got called on every machine using remoteExec. (setSpeaker and setFace both have examples)

• Like 1

Hey,

does anyone has experience with this script?

I want that the group despawns if the player has a specific distance to them, so there is no lag.

Is it even possible?

Maybe there is another solution without the script. I am not that good at scripting and it would be nice if somebody could help me out.

Maybe like this?:

0 = [this, "DELAY=", [30,60],"REDUCE=",[50]] spawn jebus_fnc_main;

On 5/12/2020 at 1:50 AM, MinePlayZz said:

Hey,

does anyone has experience with this script?

I want that the group despawns if the player has a specific distance to them, so there is no lag.

Is it even possible?

Maybe there is another solution without the script. I am not that good at scripting and it would be nice if somebody could help me out.

Maybe like this?:

0 = [this, "DELAY=", [30,60],"REDUCE=",[50]] spawn jebus_fnc_main;

Try this:

0 = [this, "DELAY=", [30,60],"CACHE=",500] spawn jebus_fnc_main;

Units will be hidden when player is over 500m away.....

Not sure if anyone can help me out but I have an odd issue, I've tried setting up trigger spawning for an ambush mission.

It seems to work in theory but it seems to be intermittent where sometimes the units don't spawn until the trigger is done, other times they all spawn at the start and the trigger doesn't work and then finally other times some of them spawn on trigger and others spawn on mission start. There seems to be no consistency as to why it does or doesn't work. Any advice?