dreadpirate

Jebus - Just Editor Based Unit Spawning

Yes I know!

This is his example how to use it.

0 = [this, "PAUSE=", 100, "INIT=", "[_proxyThis, 'agia'] execVM 'UPS.sqf'"] spawn jebus_fnc_main;

Group initializes Kronzky's UPS script to patrol a marker named 'agia'. Respawning will pauseif enemies are within 100m of spawn position

Jebus Basic spawn script 

0 = [this] spawn jebus_fnc_main

This is his info how to add something on respawn.

"INIT=" - Init string to run upon spawning. (Use "_proxyThis" where you would usually use"this" in a script or function call). Default isempty string.

This is what I want to add to the spawn script.

This addeventhandler["Fuel",{(_this select 0) setfuel 1; systemchat "setfuel 1";}];

My issue is I can't get the code correct it says error when I put it into the unit init.

One says missing bracket when I add an extra bracket into the script. I get a generic error and the code will not take when I attempt to place into the unit init. To call the script.

I just can't get the code to work! It's definitely something on my part using the , "INIT=", "[_proxyThis ....... Part of his code block  just need help putting this into his script 

This addeventhandler["Fuel",{(_this select 0) setfuel 1; systemchat "setfuel 1";}];

1 hour ago, avibird 1 said:

jebus_fnc_main

@avibird 1 Sorry for the slow reply. I couldn't get the event handler version working, so here's what I did instead:

0 = [this, "INIT=", "[vehicle _proxyThis] execVM 'infiniteFuel.sqf'"] spawn jebus_fnc_main;

In the mission folder, I created a file called infiniteFuel.sqf, which looks like this:

//0 = [this, "INIT=", "[vehicle _proxyThis] execVM 'infiniteFuel.sqf'"] spawn jebus_fnc_main;

while {alive (_this select 0)} do
{
	(_this select 0) setfuel 1;
	sleep 30;
};

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, dreadpirate said:

while {alive

Hello there dreadpirate !

You can also check here :

• Thanks 1

@GEORGE FLOROS GR if this was the original script

nul = this spawn { waitUntil { if !(alive _this) exitWith {}; if (fuel _this < 0.25) then { _this setFuel 1 }; false } }

I just need to take out the exitWith {}: from that code to work?  I already have eventhandler that adds fuel to an editor placed vehicle from that thread that works but I always am looking for other ways of doing things to increase my knowledge and just have options.

The issues with using @dreadpirate awesome jebus is that the original unit place in the editor gets deleted at first and the units variable name and init box does not carry over unless you use 

"INIT=" - Init string to run upon spawning. (Use "_proxyThis" where you would usually use"this" in a script or function call).

@dreadpirate provided hopefully the right way to add it to his jebus script.

I have not had an opportunity to test it out yet 😥

• Like 1

@dreadpirate I have been experiencing some issues with respawning units in a long mission. If the mission goes a few hours I noticed some double spawning of groups and no editor place waypoints at times.  Will do more testing but I am almost positive.  I only have five groups using jeb's in this mission. One helicopter one boat one group of two men and two groups of nine men. Really not a lot of groups. Totaled two vehicles and 20 men. 

19 hours ago, avibird 1 said:

@dreadpirate I have been experiencing some issues with respawning units in a long mission. If the mission goes a few hours I noticed some double spawning of groups and no editor place waypoints at times.  Will do more testing but I am almost positive.  I only have five groups using jeb's in this mission. One helicopter one boat one group of two men and two groups of nine men. Really not a lot of groups. Totaled two vehicles and 20 men. 

I don't know how I can fix this. It's hard enough finding bugs when they occur in the first 30 seconds.....

• Like 1

@dreadpirate I really think it"s cup issues with units and terrain and maps. Need more testing but I am having some issues on this mission using cup units vehicles maps. My SAD cycle waypoints disappear as well on this mission on Everon.

@dreadpirate I have been busy with this hurricane in my area (south florida) and some other issues with cup units and waypoints with that said I attempted  what you suggested to add fuel to vehicles during the mission and on respawn using JEBUS. 

//0 = [this, "INIT=", "[vehicle _proxyThis] execVM 'infiniteFuel.sqf'"] spawn jebus_fnc_main;

while {alive (_this select 0)} do
{
(_this select 0) setfuel 1;
sleep 30;
};

This did not work for me. Did you tested it or just made it based on your knowledge of your script (JEBUS).

if I place this in a vehicle init it will give the vehicle fuel during the mission for sure but will not carryover when it respawns using JEBUS

this addeventhandler ["Fuel",{(_this select 0) setfuel 1;   systemchat "setfuel 1";}];

This is what I attempted on my own to make it work with JEBUS

0 =[this,"INIT=","_proxyThis addEventHandler ['Fuel', { (_this select 0) setFuel 1; }]; "
] spawn jebus_fnc_main;

I get no errors when I place it in the unit init but it does not work as well.

perhaps I did something wrong with your code above that you posted above. Can you confirm it worked for you so I know the error is on my part lol. Thank you for the help and keeping this script working, this is something that the vanilla game should have in the modules for sure like help bohemia will add something like JEBUS for ARMA4.

This sounds good.     I was trying to create say 6 missions which spawn randomly.  When one is complete it will wait then spawn another mission at random.  

Bit of (too much to ask for) question, but has anyone got a vid of this being setup and used?

Cheers in advance

@avibird 1

I made a quick demo mission to show what I did:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1NzwITS_b3Rm_3IS31OGvuN9fxy7H129g

In the infiniteFuel.sqf file, I reduced the sleep time to 5 seconds so you can see the results quickly. Use Zeus to reduce the Blackfoot's fuel and see what happens.....

• Like 1

6 hours ago, HaggisRoll said:

This sounds good.     I was trying to create say 6 missions which spawn randomly.  When one is complete it will wait then spawn another mission at random.  

Bit of (too much to ask for) question, but has anyone got a vid of this being setup and used?

Cheers in advance

While technically such a thing would be possible with JEBUS, you will wind up with a massive pile of spaghetti and meatballs with all the triggers and synchronisations you will need. I'd look for a simpler method......

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

@dreadpirate Or anyone else who love and uses the script. 

I've never used the exit parameter before and was attempting to try to get it to work with no luck. I even went to the last demo mission where he has it set up at the killfarm location eliminated the two opfor recon units while not entering into the trigger area but the two units never spawn back into the mission. 

I attempted to set up the parameter and the trigger and a separate mission using the example 

0 = [this, "GAIA_NOFOLLOW=", "10", "EXIT=", myExitTrigger] spawn jebus_fnc_main;

Group will respawn until myExitTrigger is activated. Assigned to GAIA zone 10.

With no luck as well. Is this parameter still working since the last updates because we all know how sensitive arma can be. 

21 hours ago, avibird 1 said:

Is this parameter still working since the last updates because we all know how sensitive arma can be. 

@avibird 1 Might be a bit late for my answer but, yes, used GAIA_NOFOLLOW and an EXIT trigger successfully last Sunday. I see you've opted for instant respawn of the AI (no delay), but that shouldn't make a difference. Unless Dread has solved your issue already, post your mission files for a look if you like?

@dreadpirate once again thank you. You really support your mod. Your mod really should be a module in arma4. 

@anfo the reason it didn't work in the first place is because I forgot to put the gaia code in the mission inti. The reason I have the pause set zero is because I have the trigger set to destruction of a item not a location area. The squads that gets spawn are located 200m in a forest just passed the town. 

These four squads will continue to resupply the town until I complete objective one. Blow up a garage of chemicals and a communication tower. The mission has a few more tasks you can complete. That's why lol. Why would that prevent the script to work?

The majority of times when I'm having coding issues it's something I did or something I didn't do lol.

5 hours ago, avibird 1 said:

The majority of times when I'm having coding issues it's something I did or something I didn't do lol.

Know what you mean. I start writing replies to an author's thread, but will hastily abandon it after I find I'm at fault 😂

• Haha 1

@dreadpirate thank you for the last demo mission it was my error lol.

Question are you familiar with the skip waypoint type trigger. It basically holds a unit at a current waypoint until the trigger is met and then the unit will continue on its waypoints. When trying to setup with units using jebus it will not work the skip waypoint will not hold the unit in place until the trigger is met. The unit will  just follow its waypoint's.

I know jebus will not hold a custom call sign given to a group from the editor it will rename the group initially when the unit is formed in at mission start. Could it be something like that that will not like this skip waypoint to work. Avibird

Unsure if I'm understanding your problem correctly, but have a look at this:

I love this script it really should be a module for the next arma game with that said has anyone experienced multiple when attempting to spawn in motorized with group. It doesn't happen all the time. At times multiple trucks spawn in with few group but only one truck has the way points. After that crew is destroyed multiple trucks respawn in again with only one getting away points. 

10 hours ago, avibird 1 said:

I love this script it really should be a module for the next arma game with that said has anyone experienced multiple when attempting to spawn in motorized with group. It doesn't happen all the time. At times multiple trucks spawn in with few group but only one truck has the way points. After that crew is destroyed multiple trucks respawn in again with only one getting away points. 

Do you have a lot of JEBUS groups all spawning at once? If so, consider using the "START=" parameter to spread them out a little bit.....

I believe the problem is caused by lots of "createVehicle" commands running at once in a laggy situation, but if anyone has any other ideas I'd be grateful for the assist.....

• Like 1

@dreadpirate I will try to see if the "START="

What do you consider a lot of unit using Jebus? 

This is a midsize mission with a 150 units using opfor enemy units. Only 64 units are using jebus 14 groups 10 groups of infantry ranging from 2-6 units in a group and 4 groups using vehicles. 2 groups have 3 units each using Jeeps (no issue with them). 2  groups of 15 units use in trucks. This is the group's that I'm having issues with. It never happens on the first few spawns but as the mission proceeds I notice the double respawning of the trucks. I'm using the "exit=" parameter to stop the spawning of the groups once a radio tower and a radio operator are killed. 

I do notice when I'm watching in Zeus the vehicle spawns first then to 15 man crew spawns outside then they enter the vehicle then the waypoints are generated. In the editor ayhan place the units into the vehicle when setting up jebus. Perhaps I should use the getin driver cargo commands when setting up the units and not just place them by hand in the editor what do you think?

@dreadpirate 

Test results. 

Using your "START=" "90" it definitely happened less Then before but still occurs. 

If I you Use moveInDriver and moveInCargo commands for each unit it only happened once in like 20 attempts 

I am going to use both in my next attempt to see if the double spawning is still there.

The last mission I was involved in, I wasn't shy to use A LOT of triggers along the players route, which spawned AI only when they would soon be needed. When AI spawn concentration got a bit thick, START helped spread out the load. The FPS of my game, even with screen recording was the best I had in a long time. My contemporaries prefer Zeus but frankly can make the server work harder IMO.