dreadpirate

Jebus - Just Editor Based Unit Spawning

33 minutes ago, Blitzen88 said:

Can you explain how you got it to work?  Just curious

Sure mate

its easy enough with two ways to do it.

1.spawn group outside of vehicle(minus vehicle crew members) ,make sure infantry outside are grouped to vehicle or vehicle grouped to squad leader.Issue a "load" waypoint,follow it by a move(if desired) and "unload" waypoint.

2.Start all members in the cargo of vehicle by dragging them into it in editor or using move in cargo command,place an "unload" waypoint and they unload. 

To sum up, "transport load/unload" is iffy with Jebus but the way i outlined works.

Here are some quick copy and paste snippets that could possibly help. I use the the vanilla vehicle respawn and name my empty vehicles. Then I move in the crew first and the cargo in a 1 - 2 second trigger delay works well for transport unload. Then just add the waypoints  for the vehicle and the troops in cargo

0 = [this, "LIVES=", 9, "DELAY=", [10,15],"PAUSE=", 10, "INIT=", "{_x moveinany vehiclename} forEach units _proxyThis"] spawn jebus_fnc_main;  // to move in vehicle crew

0 = [this, "LIVES=", 9, "DELAY=", [10,15],"PAUSE=", 10, "INIT=", "{_x moveincargo vehiclename} forEach units _proxyThis"] spawn jebus_fnc_main; 

Here's some more quick snippets for markers

0 = [this, "LIVES=", 2, "DELAY=", [10,15],"PAUSE=", 10, "INIT=", "{_x moveinany vehiclename} forEach units _proxyThis; [group _proxythis, getMarkerPos 'markername'] call BIS_fnc_taskAttack"] spawn jebus_fnc_main;   // to move in vehicle crew

0 = [this, "LIVES=", 2, "DELAY=", [10,15],"PAUSE=", 10, "INIT=", "{_x moveincargo vehiclename} forEach units _proxyThis; [group _proxythis, getMarkerPos 'markername'] call BIS_fnc_taskAttack"] spawn jebus_fnc_main;

0 = [this, "LIVES=", 2, "DELAY=", [10,15],"PAUSE=", 10, "INIT=", "[group _proxythis, getMarkerPos 'markername'] call BIS_fnc_taskAttack"] spawn jebus_fnc_main;

0 = [this, "LIVES=", 2, "DELAY=", [10,15],"PAUSE=", 10, "INIT=", "[group _proxythis, getMarkerPos 'markername'] call BIS_fnc_taskDefend"] spawn jebus_fnc_main;

0 = [this, "LIVES=", 2, "DELAY=", [10,15],"PAUSE=", 10, "INIT=", "[group _proxythis, getMarkerPos 'markername', 200] call bis_fnc_taskPatrol"] spawn jebus_fnc_main;

I have had alot of fun with JEBUS. THX Dreadpirate. You rock.

• Like 2

Does the “Exit” command permanently stop a unit’s respawn abilities?

For instance, I have a CSAT group guarding a sector. I want them to stop spawning whenever the sector has been captured by NATO but start to respawn when the sector has been recaptured by CSAT. 

1 hour ago, Blitzen88 said:

Does the “Exit” command permanently stop a unit’s respawn abilities?

For instance, I have a CSAT group guarding a sector. I want them to stop spawning whenever the sector has been captured by NATO but start to respawn when the sector has been recaptured by CSAT. 

"EXIT" ends the whole script, no further respawns.

You could have a trigger synched that has a condition along the lines of "NATO doesn't control sector".....

On 4/25/2019 at 5:03 PM, dreadpirate said:

I just experimented with naming the helo (yes, variable names are saved) and using moveInCargo on the passenger group, but I couldn't get it to work for some reason.....

Are you sure Jebus retains names? I completed the following test:

1) Named a helicopter heli1

2 Created a Radio Trigger; added a heli1 setdamage 1 command

3) Ran the mission

4) Executed the trigger; the helicopter did not blow up. 

Maybe Im doing something wrong? I dunno alot about scripting. 

6 hours ago, Blitzen88 said:

Are you sure Jebus retains names? I completed the following test:

1) Named a helicopter heli1

2 Created a Radio Trigger; added a heli1 setdamage 1 command

3) Ran the mission

4) Executed the trigger; the helicopter did not blow up. 

Maybe Im doing something wrong? I dunno alot about scripting. 

@Blitzen88 There *is* a problem with variable names being reallocated by JEBUS, you're right. The *name* is allocated to the object, but it isn't functioning as a variable name for some reason.

I think the answer lies with:

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/setVehicleVarName

but I haven't figured it out yet.

Here is a workaround in the meantime (tested on your example).....

0 = [this, "FLYING", "INIT=", "heli1 = vehicle _proxyThis"] spawn jebus_fnc_main;

@redarmy This is also a potential fix for your Transport Unload problem. Now you can have a JEBUS group "moveInCargo heli1" 

On 5/10/2019 at 9:17 PM, dreadpirate said:

I think the answer lies with:

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/setVehicleVarName

but I haven't figured it out yet.

did u do this?

_offroad setVehicleVarName "MyFerrari";
MyFerrari = _offroad;

_offroad is the object you created newly, MyFerrari is the old, saved variable name u wish to set.

5 hours ago, sarogahtyp said:

did u do this?

_offroad setVehicleVarName "MyFerrari";
MyFerrari = _offroad;

_offroad is the object you created newly, MyFerrari is the old, saved variable name u wish to set.

Yes, I tried that but I was having trouble with it in JEBUS because some vehicles and units will have variable names and some won't.

I think I have a workaround nearly ready to go, so expect a release when I do a bit more testing.....

26 minutes ago, dreadpirate said:

Yes, I tried that but I was having trouble with it in JEBUS because some vehicles and units will have variable names and some won't.

I think I have a workaround nearly ready to go, so expect a release when I do a bit more testing.....

I looked into the code of my own editor based spawner and I do this for the variable names:

missionNamespace setVariable [(_x select 30), _unit, true];
     [_unit, (_x select 30)] remoteExec ["setVehicleVarName", 0, _unit];

_x select 30 is the stored string of the variable name.

7 hours ago, sarogahtyp said:

I looked into the code of my own editor based spawner and I do this for the variable names:

missionNamespace setVariable [(_x select 30), _unit, true];
     [_unit, (_x select 30)] remoteExec ["setVehicleVarName", 0, _unit];

_x select 30 is the stored string of the variable name.

@sarogahtyp That is almost the exact solution I came up with. 🙂

Do you need to remoteExec though? I thought the "true" at the end of setVariable broadcast the variable?

6 minutes ago, dreadpirate said:

@sarogahtyp That is almost the exact solution I came up with. 🙂

Do you need to remoteExec though? I thought the "true" at the end of setVariable broadcast the variable?

the remoteExec executes the setVehicleVarName command which is different to setVariable. setVariable is broadcasted with that "true" but setVehicleVarName has to be done on each client as well

• Thanks 1

Is there anyway Jebus units can be synced to the sector tactics module? Trying to get Jebus units to preform in a similar fashion as units spawned with the SpawnAI module. 

Can anyone explain how to get gaia to transport units? I looked at the example in the example mission but couldnt pull it off in my own mission. 

On 5/15/2019 at 1:03 AM, Blitzen88 said:

Is there anyway Jebus units can be synced to the sector tactics module? Trying to get Jebus units to preform in a similar fashion as units spawned with the SpawnAI module. 

Don't know, sorry. I was hoping someone else would chime in. 

8 hours ago, Blitzen88 said:

Can anyone explain how to get gaia to transport units? I looked at the example in the example mission but couldnt pull it off in my own mission. 

Basically if a squad is far away from it's designated zone, Gaia will look for an empty transport and assign it to pick them up and transport them. 

Nice to still see Jebus getting updates.

Thanks Dreadpirate,variable names saved are very welcome.

Hello,

GREAT script!  I have been using it for about 1-1.5 years! 

I did wish to ask if you could add, or tell me how; to move the 'attack grid'.

I wrote a script that will allow me to click on a different part of the map so that the battle can continue there, and it does delete the old 'Marker1' and makes a new 'Marker1'.  However, the script does not seem to update the position of the new location.  As if your script reads it at start. puts that into a variable, and that is that!  So, when I 'move' the marker, it APPEARS it is not aware of the 'new spot'.

How can I 'update' the needed variables to make this work or can YOU put in some system to do such.  This 'technique' allows for a 'moving battle' from spot to spot that the USER wants it to be.  1k away or 10k away.

Thanks and once again, thank you for your work and effort!

🙂

Has anyone had any success with using transport helicopters with gaia and jebus? According to gaia documentation, transport helicopters are supposed to automatically start transporting groups just like transport trucks, apcs, etc.  for whatever reason I cant get transport helicopters to work (attack helicopters work just fine). 

Anybody have any luck or know of any tricks?

19 hours ago, Blitzen88 said:

Has anyone had any success with using transport helicopters with gaia and jebus? According to gaia documentation, transport helicopters are supposed to automatically start transporting groups just like transport trucks, apcs, etc.  for whatever reason I cant get transport helicopters to work (attack helicopters work just fine). 

Have a look at the Gaia demo mission. I believe some troops get transported by helo. At least you can check if this feature is still working. 

22 hours ago, Blitzen88 said:

I stopped using GAIA sometime ago for this reason(and a few others)

The helo transportation never worked for me either.

Is it vanilla factions?MCC or GAA script? The script version is a few updates behind MCC version,but even at that it was the MCC version which i had issues with.As far as im concerned it doesnt work as intended,infact many ariel functions included in MCC are quite buggy as.

On 6/5/2019 at 6:35 PM, redarmy said:

I stopped using GAIA sometime ago for this reason(and a few others)

The helo transportation never worked for me either.

Is it vanilla factions?MCC or GAA script? The script version is a few updates behind MCC version,but even at that it was the MCC version which i had issues with.As far as im concerned it doesnt work as intended,infact many ariel functions included in MCC are quite buggy as.

I did some digging and I think Gaia abandoned helicopter transport capability. 

What patrol script do you use if you dont use gaia?

On 6/12/2019 at 4:35 AM, Blitzen88 said:

I did some digging and I think Gaia abandoned helicopter transport capability. 

What patrol script do you use if you dont use gaia?

You could use HETMAN or the newer version of HETMAN edited 

Both work ok with JEBUS as i remember,groups spawned in get picked up by the artificial leader(mil commander) and used.

Spufins work is good thoughmaybe old now.

Personally i use ALIVE(Strictly SP) and it has just what i need while being the most performance friendly and up to date,with a big team behind it.It is more than i patrol script but nothing prevents you using it for that feature..Hetman is also more than a patrol script i may add.They are both good,take a weekend to look at both and see which one works.JEBUS spawning units CAN be given to ALIVE,though you may need to manually do it via the ALIVE interface.

On 7/10/2018 at 10:03 PM, ayoung said:

You can also try T-800a's tasks for Ai in his T8 Units - a less dynamic AI creator. I don't use his ai spawn I use JEBUS but he has some nice scripts that work well with JEBUS.

This is  what I use.

0 = [this, "LIVES=", 2, "DELAY=", [10,15],"PAUSE=", 10, "INIT=", "[group _proxythis, 'marker_0'] execVM 'T8\tsk\fn_occupy.sqf'"] spawn jebus_fnc_main;

0 = [this, "LIVES=", 2, "DELAY=", [10,15],"PAUSE=", 10, "INIT=", "[group _proxythis, 'marker_0'] execVM 'T8\tsk\fn_patrolGarrison.sqf'"] spawn jebus_fnc_main;

0 = [this, "LIVES=", 2, "DELAY=", [10,15],"PAUSE=", 10, "INIT=", "[group _proxythis, 'marker_0', true] execVM 'T8\tsk\fn_patrolUrban.sqf'"] spawn jebus_fnc_main; // for infantry

0 = [this, "LIVES=", 2, "DELAY=", [10,15],"PAUSE=", 10, "INIT=", "[group _proxythis, 'marker_0', false] execVM 'T8\tsk\fn_patrolUrban.sqf'"] spawn jebus_fnc_main; // for vehicles

0 = [this, "LIVES=", 2, "DELAY=", [10,15],"PAUSE=", 10, "INIT=", "[group _proxythis, 'marker_0', false, 100] execVM 'T8\tsk\fn_patrolAround.sqf'"] spawn jebus_fnc_main;

0 = [this, "LIVES=", 2, "DELAY=", [10,15],"PAUSE=", 10, "INIT=", "[group _proxythis, 'marker_0', false] execVM 'T8\tsk\fn_patrol.sqf'"] spawn jebus_fnc_main;

0 = [this, "LIVES=", 2, "DELAY=", [10,15],"PAUSE=", 10, "INIT=", "[group _proxythis, 'marker_0'] execVM 'T8\tsk\fn_garrison.sqf'"] spawn jebus_fnc_main;

0 = [this, "LIVES=", 2, "DELAY=", [10,15],"PAUSE=", 10, "INIT=", "[group _proxythis, ['mrk1', 'mrk2', 'mrk3'], true, false, true ] execVM 'T8\tsk\fn_patrolMarker.sqf'"] spawn jebus_fnc_main;

0 = [this, "LIVES=", 2, "DELAY=", [10,15],"PAUSE=", 10, "INIT=", "[group _proxythis, ['mrk1', 'mrk2', 'mrk3', 'mrk4'], false, false, true ] execVM 'T8\tsk\fn_patrolMarker.sqf'"] spawn jebus_fnc_main; 

0 = [this, "LIVES=", 2, "DELAY=", [10,15],"PAUSE=", 10, "INIT=", "[group _proxythis, 'marker_0'] execVM 'T8\tsk\fn_attack.sqf'"] spawn jebus_fnc_main;

0 = [this, "LIVES=", 2, "DELAY=", [10,15],"PAUSE=", 10, "INIT=", "[group _proxythis, 'marker_0', 100] execVM 'T8\tsk\fn_defend.sqf'"] spawn jebus_fnc_main; //searches for static weapons within 100 meters around marker

0 = [this, "LIVES=", 2, "DELAY=", [10,15],"PAUSE=", 10, "INIT=", "[group _proxythis, 'marker_0', 100] execVM 'T8\tsk\fn_defendBase.sqf'"] spawn jebus_fnc_main;

0 = [this, "LIVES=", 9, "DELAY=", [10,15],"PAUSE=", 10, "INIT=", "[group _proxythis, ( getPos _proxythis), 100 ] execVM 'T8\tsk\fn_loiter.sqf'"] spawn jebus_fnc_main;

0 = [this, "LIVES=", 2, "DELAY=", [10,15],"PAUSE=", 10, "INIT=", "[group _proxythis, 'marker_0'] execVM 'T8\tsk\fn_overwatch.sqf'"] spawn jebus_fnc_main;

This works well for JEBUS 

• Thanks 1

I've been away for a while, so I thought I'd just check whether cached AI are still invisible, or spawn in now?

edit: this is not a call to action, nor am I entitled to one! I just remember it was discussed with a possibly of inclusion at some point.