dreadpirate

Jebus - Just Editor Based Unit Spawning

9 minutes ago, dreadpirate said:

@Blitzen88 I owe you an apology. Because I got it working in the demo mission, I assumed there wasn't a problem, but you have indeed found a bug.

Line 153 of fn_main.sqf reads:

if (typeOf _x == "EmptyDetector") then

If you change it to:

if (_x isKindOf "EmptyDetector") then

it will work.

I'll do a little bit more testing and then release an update.....

That fixed it! Works like a charm now!

Thank you so so much!!

• Like 1

@dreadpirate by the way that you for adding the variable name carry over I have not tested it yet but thank God I didn't lol I would been pulling my hair out of my head thinking that I messed up my mission ?

Does this script only work for spawning Opfor/CSAT units?

I'm trying to make a mission where the player plays as Opfor/CSAT.  I placed down several Independ. Bandit units, gave them a spawn w/UPS init command line and then synced them to a "Opfor Present" trigger.  I tested it out and the units do de-spawn but do not respawn when the player/Opfor/CSAT unit is present.  I copied and pasted the same init line to a CSAT group and changed the trigger to a Radio style trigger.  I activated/Radio'd the trigger and everything worked when spawning in a CSAT group....?

6 hours ago, Blitzen88 said:

Does this script only work for spawning Opfor/CSAT units?

I'm trying to make a mission where the player plays as Opfor/CSAT.  I placed down several Independ. Bandit units, gave them a spawn w/UPS init command line and then synced them to a "Opfor Present" trigger.  I tested it out and the units do de-spawn but do not respawn when the player/Opfor/CSAT unit is present.  I copied and pasted the same init line to a CSAT group and changed the trigger to a Radio style trigger.  I activated/Radio'd the trigger and everything worked when spawning in a CSAT group....?

Add the "DEBUG" parameter and see what it says. I have BLUFOR units spawning by trigger activation in the demo mission, so it's not CSAT specific.

Another thing to look at would be the "PAUSE=" parameter. Are you closer than 200m to the spawn point?

53 minutes ago, dreadpirate said:

Add the "DEBUG" parameter and see what it says. I have BLUFOR units spawning by trigger activation in the demo mission, so it's not CSAT specific.

Another thing to look at would be the "PAUSE=" parameter. Are you closer than 200m to the spawn point?

I tested it again and I am still running into the same issue.  Here are the steps that I took to test it:

1. Created a new mission
  2. Copied and Pasted in Jebus Scripts, Init, etc
  3. Created a CSAT Unit (played by me)
  4. Created a trigger with an "Anybody Present" activation requirement
  5. Created a Blufor group and added a "basic" init line: 0 = [this] spawn jebus_fnc_main;
  6. Synced the Blufor group leader to the trigger.
  7. Started the mission
  8. Could see the Blufor units de-spawn but they did not spawn upon trigger activation.

I will keep messing with it.

12 hours ago, dreadpirate said:

@Blitzen88 I followed the same steps as you and this is the result:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=178XuqcY2P2t-srY3vSewrmTgfVBEGZqK

Run forward into the camp and BLUFOR will spawn to your north in the distance.....

Okay, I figured it out.  I played your mission how you have it setup and it worked.  I then moved the Blufor group closer to the base/trigger area and walked into the trigger - nothing happened.  Thanks to Debug, I realized that I forgot there was a built-in/default pause command even though the pause command wasnt being used in the units init.  That fixed it!  My apologies for being an idiot.

@dreadpirate just curious what partol scripts are most people using with jebus since UPmons is mostly broken UPS has issues now with units going into combat mode with no enemies in the area ( fix if you put the the no share parameter) but it makes the patrols less effective now. I know GAIA and USPS works. 

The other question is will jebus has good compatibility with VCON 3.0

On 7/8/2018 at 7:58 PM, Blitzen88 said:

Thanks to Debug, I realized that I forgot there was a built-in/default pause command even though the pause command wasnt being used in the units init.  That fixed it!  My apologies for being an idiot.

I remember making the same goof early on learning the script. It gets easier, but learning from mistakes is far from idiotic! :grinning:

Luckily Dread has, in my opinion one of the best support track records of most of the authors on these forums, even after probably answering this very question too many times to count.

17 hours ago, avibird 1 said:

@dreadpirate just curious what partol scripts are most people using with jebus since UPmons is mostly broken UPS has issues now with units going into combat mode with no enemies in the area ( fix if you put the the no share parameter) but it makes the patrols less effective now. I know GAIA and USPS works. 

I have been using UPS (not UPSmon) wiht no issues so far

@blitzen88 UPS without the noshare parameter the AI will be in combat mode after like a minute. I need to added it so units will partol not in combat and nomal speed. What version are you using ? Also USPS has a very nice building patrol parameter that units will check buildings while on patrol.

How would you combine this with VCOM AI?

Thanks

@Jnr4817 what do you mean. Jebus is not a AI Behavior Script Mod it's a respawning platform that allows you to use other AI scripts for Behavior. Just spawn an AI and if you only give them one Waypoint or no waypoints in theory VCON should kick in and start issuing movement orders to the groups. I don't know if it has some compatibility issues because I never attempted to combine the two before.

On 08/07/2018 at 9:58 PM, Blitzen88 said:

Okay, I figured it out.  I played your mission how you have it setup and it worked.  I then moved the Blufor group closer to the base/trigger area and walked into the trigger - nothing happened.  Thanks to Debug, I realized that I forgot there was a built-in/default pause command even though the pause command wasnt being used in the units init.  That fixed it!  My apologies for being an idiot.

No apologies needed. As @anfo says, "PAUSE=" seems to trip up many people who are new to the script. 

In fact, I'm thinking about making the default pause radius 0 to avoid this confusion. Does anyone apart from me actually use the pause feature?

20 hours ago, avibird 1 said:

I use GAIA mostly. It is based on UPSMON originally, but is still being supported because it's a part of MCC. 

I can't see any problems using VCOM with JEBUS. I believe that VCOM will pick up newly spawned units after a few seconds. 

• Thanks 1

Yes I use the pause when spawning in unit/units into house or building I don't want to have them spawn on me lol 

Dreadpirate have use used USPS it's very similar to UPS but has a very nice house search parameter that the group will search houses buildings in it's patrol path. It would be a replacement for upmons and ups. Ups units now go into combat mode after a minute or so with no any enemy units presents in the area.

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=19299

@avibird 1 That's what I was asking. Just making sure I can spawn units like normal with triggers and VCOM would take over.

Thanks,

Yes in Theory but Arma engine is very sensitive and sometimes a combination of scripts mods skins trains can real screw up the coding and things don't work like they should ?

You can also try T-800a's tasks for Ai in his T8 Units - a less dynamic AI creator. I don't use his ai spawn I use JEBUS but he has some nice scripts that work well with JEBUS.

This is  what I use.

0 = [this, "LIVES=", 2, "DELAY=", [10,15],"PAUSE=", 10, "INIT=", "[group _proxythis, 'marker_0'] execVM 'T8\tsk\fn_occupy.sqf'"] spawn jebus_fnc_main;

0 = [this, "LIVES=", 2, "DELAY=", [10,15],"PAUSE=", 10, "INIT=", "[group _proxythis, 'marker_0'] execVM 'T8\tsk\fn_patrolGarrison.sqf'"] spawn jebus_fnc_main;

0 = [this, "LIVES=", 2, "DELAY=", [10,15],"PAUSE=", 10, "INIT=", "[group _proxythis, 'marker_0', true] execVM 'T8\tsk\fn_patrolUrban.sqf'"] spawn jebus_fnc_main; // for infantry

0 = [this, "LIVES=", 2, "DELAY=", [10,15],"PAUSE=", 10, "INIT=", "[group _proxythis, 'marker_0', false] execVM 'T8\tsk\fn_patrolUrban.sqf'"] spawn jebus_fnc_main; // for vehicles

0 = [this, "LIVES=", 2, "DELAY=", [10,15],"PAUSE=", 10, "INIT=", "[group _proxythis, 'marker_0', false, 100] execVM 'T8\tsk\fn_patrolAround.sqf'"] spawn jebus_fnc_main;

0 = [this, "LIVES=", 2, "DELAY=", [10,15],"PAUSE=", 10, "INIT=", "[group _proxythis, 'marker_0', false] execVM 'T8\tsk\fn_patrol.sqf'"] spawn jebus_fnc_main;

0 = [this, "LIVES=", 2, "DELAY=", [10,15],"PAUSE=", 10, "INIT=", "[group _proxythis, 'marker_0'] execVM 'T8\tsk\fn_garrison.sqf'"] spawn jebus_fnc_main;

0 = [this, "LIVES=", 2, "DELAY=", [10,15],"PAUSE=", 10, "INIT=", "[group _proxythis, ['mrk1', 'mrk2', 'mrk3'], true, false, true ] execVM 'T8\tsk\fn_patrolMarker.sqf'"] spawn jebus_fnc_main;

0 = [this, "LIVES=", 2, "DELAY=", [10,15],"PAUSE=", 10, "INIT=", "[group _proxythis, ['mrk1', 'mrk2', 'mrk3', 'mrk4'], false, false, true ] execVM 'T8\tsk\fn_patrolMarker.sqf'"] spawn jebus_fnc_main; 

0 = [this, "LIVES=", 2, "DELAY=", [10,15],"PAUSE=", 10, "INIT=", "[group _proxythis, 'marker_0'] execVM 'T8\tsk\fn_attack.sqf'"] spawn jebus_fnc_main;

0 = [this, "LIVES=", 2, "DELAY=", [10,15],"PAUSE=", 10, "INIT=", "[group _proxythis, 'marker_0', 100] execVM 'T8\tsk\fn_defend.sqf'"] spawn jebus_fnc_main; //searches for static weapons within 100 meters around marker

0 = [this, "LIVES=", 2, "DELAY=", [10,15],"PAUSE=", 10, "INIT=", "[group _proxythis, 'marker_0', 100] execVM 'T8\tsk\fn_defendBase.sqf'"] spawn jebus_fnc_main;

0 = [this, "LIVES=", 9, "DELAY=", [10,15],"PAUSE=", 10, "INIT=", "[group _proxythis, ( getPos _proxythis), 100 ] execVM 'T8\tsk\fn_loiter.sqf'"] spawn jebus_fnc_main;

0 = [this, "LIVES=", 2, "DELAY=", [10,15],"PAUSE=", 10, "INIT=", "[group _proxythis, 'marker_0'] execVM 'T8\tsk\fn_overwatch.sqf'"] spawn jebus_fnc_main;

http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=26770  here's a link for T8's scripts

@ayoung  thank you I totally forgot about this script I never fooled around with this script because I forgot about it lol it looks like it has a lot of parameters to set up within a mission. I definitely prefer to use multiple different AI Patrol Scripts within a mission as well as standard waypoints. In my opinion it makes the mission a lot more random and unpredictable with various groups.

Jebus is a awesome spawning platform script that can utilize multiple Patrol Scripts unfortunately UPMONS is pretty much broken and UPS has a major bug issue sending groups into combat mode for no reason.

1.GAIA

2. USPS

3. Combination of standard vanilla waypoints sentry guard S&D Garrison ect.

4.T800a's tasks

5.VCON 3.0 need to test

6.DAC have not used in a long time?

What other AI Behavior scripts are people using which JEBUS? 

5 hours ago, avibird 1 said:

1.GAIA

2. USPS

3. Combination of standard vanilla waypoints sentry guard S&D Garrison ect.

4.T800a's tasks

5.VCON 3.0 need to test

6.DAC have not used in a long time?

What other AI Behavior scripts are people using which JEBUS? 

What features does Gaia have over UPS? I have always been a fan of UPS due to its simplicity and my familiarity with it but, if it has a bug issue, then it might be worth it to switch.

Does Gaia cause any performance drops?

Check this out it's called USPS very similar to UPS  works great with no know bugs ? it's called ultimate simple Patrol script http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=19299

GAIA is part of the MCC and was based on UPMONS script. You can run It from jebus or DL stand-alone version or have MCC. I use MCC because it's the best and other people do need it installed to use it in a mission in MP.

• Thanks 1

@ayoung TY I never DL this because I always thought it was to much like DAC but I was dead wrong. The only issues is setting of different groups is definitely a little more time consuming then DAC with a simple adjustments of # in the parameters. I see how using this as a patrol script with JEBUS can work out very nice. I recently started to fool around with Vcom AI 3.0 and jebus and  I am very disappointed that the groups will always stay in combat mode following contact even if no enemy units are in the AO. 

@dreadpirate I don't know if you played around with T8OO tasks for a new patrol script for jebus it has a lot of functionality that the other patrol scripts don't it could be a great replacement for UPMONS if you every update the script you should look into replacing upman's in a demo with this. 

GAIA 

USPS

T800s tasks 

makes for a very nice assortment of Patrol scripts for JEBUS.  Like I said I feel having  a few different patrol scripts in a mission makes for a more unpredictable environment for sure.  Avibird.