dreadpirate

Jebus - Just Editor Based Unit Spawning

@dreadpirate 

When using editor placed groups regardless of the formation you set in the editor the group will always move into a vee formation. I know that is a default formation within the game but it interferes and limits unit placement within building ground floors and tight locations on the map. Is there a way of using editor placed formations when the unit's first spawning.

Second question regarding the caching system. The units spawn in when the player is X meters away from the placed units is there a way to switch it to a particular side rather than a player for example when opfor units are within X meters away rather than a player. Avibird.

12 hours ago, avibird 1 said:

@dreadpirate 

When using editor placed groups regardless of the formation you set in the editor the group will always move into a vee formation. I know that is a default formation within the game but it interferes and limits unit placement within building ground floors and tight locations on the map. Is there a way of using editor placed formations when the unit's first spawning.

Second question regarding the caching system. The units spawn in when the player is X meters away from the placed units is there a way to switch it to a particular side rather than a player for example when opfor units are within X meters away rather than a player. Avibird.

You would need to run a building occupy script via the init.

Currently caching depends on player rather than side, correct. 

12 hours ago, avibird 1 said:

is there a way to switch it to a particular side rather than a player for example when opfor units are within X meters away rather than a player.

I think I see what @avibird 1 is getting at, like adding somewhere in AI init

if (side player == sideEnemy) then

But I claim no such knowledge or accuracy nor guarantee this could ever work within the scope of Jebus

I have a question, in the main sqf there is a line to delete empty groups, but that line is executed by every group that is respawning with jebus, so i wonder if i can copy and use it with a while elsewhere in the server rather than in the main sqf of jebus, or it's crucial to the script to delete empty groups every time jebus respawns a group?

Thanks

12 hours ago, fycj said:

I have a question, in the main sqf there is a line to delete empty groups, but that line is executed by every group that is respawning with jebus, so i wonder if i can copy and use it with a while elsewhere in the server rather than in the main sqf of jebus, or it's crucial to the script to delete empty groups every time jebus respawns a group?

Thanks

It shouldn't upset anything. In fact, I think one of the A3 updates has made it so empty groups are deleted automatically, so that whole section may be redundant anyway.....

i cant get it to work im following the usage instructions but the group instantly spawns when using 0 = [this, "DELAY=", [30,60]] spawn jebus_fnc_main; in the group leaders init field. 

when i have a timeout trigger to be activated after 30 seconds.

i test by blowing the enemy up with a mortar and they dont respawn

ok got them to spawn, but delay or trigger synced to squad leader does not work. they spawn straight away 

looked at your demo mission and the bit where it says spawn a opfor unit here and blufor will spawn, the blufor units had already spawned. i think that bit is broken. 

and the delay script

Try with "DEBUG" in the parameters and see what happens.....

debug enabled 

"spawning group"

"applying waypoints"

Leader is synced to a trigger that will set off if a player is present [player was nowhere near this trigger for testing purposes]

yep its broken

I don't understand, delay works for setting a delay for the second respawn, not to actually delay the first spawn

yeah i originally thought it was for every spawn also.

@dreadpirate 

When you spawn a group using jebus if you give individual units within that group names does the name carryover when the units spawn in using a trigger 

I have a group of units 12 of them that all spwan in a building in good position.

I have different group outside and on the building higher floors that are only editor placed some have do stop so they stay in the editor placed position. The group leader of the non jebus group has a sentry waypoint with a move waypoint with an activation code that makes the  jebus group joining  the non jebus group and both of them move to the new  waypoint to protected Target. It works fine if I don't have the Building Group spawn in using jebus. When I attempt to spawn in the group using jebus I don't think the individual unit names are being kept after they spawn in on the map. Can you confirm this for me when using jebus the editor Place units given name will not be kept.

21 minutes ago, avibird 1 said:

@dreadpirate 

When you spawn a group using jebus if you give individual units within that group names does the name carryover when the units spawn in using a trigger 

I have a group of units 12 of them that all spwan in a building in good position.

I have different group outside and on the building higher floors that are only editor placed some have do stop so they stay in the editor placed position. The group leader of the non jebus group has a sentry waypoint with a move waypoint with an activation code that makes the  jebus group joining  the non jebus group and both of them move to the new  waypoint to protected Target. It works fine if I don't have the Building Group spawn in using jebus. When I attempt to spawn in the group using jebus I don't think the individual unit names are being kept after they spawn in on the map. Can you confirm this for me when using jebus the editor Place units given name will not be kept.

@avibird 1 Correct. Unit variable names are not saved.

This is a pretty specific use case, but if it's something people really need, I'll look at adding it in the next version.

On 18/06/2018 at 7:26 AM, Tyl3r99 said:

looked at your demo mission and the bit where it says spawn a opfor unit here and blufor will spawn, the blufor units had already spawned. i think that bit is broken. 

and the delay script

@Tyl3r99 I just ran the demo mission and this area worked fine. The only thing was that the trigger wasn't set to "Repeatable", so once they started spawning, the trigger no longer mattered.

Maybe when you ran it the Shikra flew over Kamino?

@dreadpirate until bohemia puts in a formation that keeps the units at editor placement positions that would be great if you could add to keep the units variable names. It will help out using your script in tight spaces or town/city combat. 

Murk. Editor spawning script allows to keep the variable names so when spawning in building it is a lot easier to use the join in waypoint and the sentry waypoint that will  activate the Building Group the  to move out of the building join the outside group when contact is made in the area. Unfortunately your script does not allow this. Your script allows for a lot more variations and functionality then his simple editor spawn scrip but your script  is lacking this one functionality that will allow your spawn groups to join other groups on the map.

I apologize for my noobness but I have a few questions about getting this script to work. 

I want units to spawn when the player enters a trigger area and, upon spawning, exec a script (UPS or a garrison script). I do not want the units to respawn upon death; I only want them to spawn in.

I was able to figure how to have a unit exec UPS but was unable how to have that unit spawn upon trigger activation. 

@dreadpirate I really hope you consider adding the ability to a variable name to carry over once the units are spawned in. It allows for a lot of good combinations of waypoints and commands to a group of units scattered in the mission. 

Mauk editor spawn script has this ability so I can have a group of units spawn in  different locations with  some of the units with a dostop command to keep them out of formation with a sentry waypoint. once one of the units spot an enemy the whole group will be activate the units without the dostop will move  to movewaypoint  with a command to undo the dostop on the units I want back in the formation and then I can add Patrol script to the whole group ups Gaia ect. 

With your script I cannot do that because the variable names do not carry over once the units spawn in the game.  Adding it would be beneficial greatly. Avibird

I hate to be that guy but Im still having issues with getting the script to work.

I want a unit to spawn when a trigger is activated. I placed the group and synced it with the trigger. Once the mission starts the group “de-spawns” and then immediately spawns back in regardless of whether the trigger was activated or not. 

Can anyone help me?

Edited by Blitzen88
Grammer

Hey you need to remove the "CACHE=" parameter or adjust the distance.

59 minutes ago, avibird 1 said:

Hey you need to remove the "CACHE=" parameter or adjust the distance.

I wasnt using the cache parameter or the distance parameter.

It was my understanding that the basic spawn init code combined with syncing the unit to the trigger was sufficient to cause units to spawn upon trigger activation...?

5 hours ago, Blitzen88 said:

I hate to be that guy but Im still having issues with getting the script to work.

I want a unit to spawn when a trigger is activated. I placed the group and synced it with the trigger. Once the mission starts the group “de-spawns” and then immediately spawns back in regardless of whether the trigger was activated or not. 

Can anyone help me?

Check if you are actually firing the trigger at mission start, maybe you are firing it somehow, that's the issue since the group synced always wait for triggeractivated.

37 minutes ago, fycj said:

Check if you are actually firing the trigger at mission start, maybe you are firing it somehow, that's the issue since the group synced always wait for triggeractivated.

The trigger requires for a particular side to be present within the trigger. Im the only unit belonging to that side and I am not within the trigger at the start of the mission

What is you group leader init code? 

make your trigger 2 by 2 meters set present for your side and put an object in the middle of the trigger. Syn to leader.  Start your mission if the units are on the map then you have a wrong code or you are not syn right maybe you group it not syn. 

It's a very easy script to use without all the other parameters in the code. 

2 hours ago, Blitzen88 said:

The trigger requires for a particular side to be present within the trigger. Im the only unit belonging to that side and I am not within the trigger at the start of the mission

@Blitzen88 I owe you an apology. Because I got it working in the demo mission, I assumed there wasn't a problem, but you have indeed found a bug.

Line 153 of fn_main.sqf reads:

if (typeOf _x == "EmptyDetector") then

If you change it to:

if (_x isKindOf "EmptyDetector") then

it will work.

I'll do a little bit more testing and then release an update.....