dreadpirate

Jebus - Just Editor Based Unit Spawning

Awesome mod. Is there anyway to get it working with HC, HCC or Advanced AI Command as it seems I cant have JEBUS work with any of the groups if they are controlled by HC Mods.

You probably need to use the "INIT=" parameter to add the JEBUS units to HC, etc. I don't use any of those things, so I'm not sure.

People keep coming up with ways of using JEBUS that I never thought of when I was making it! :-)

• Like 1

I suppose I don't spawn multi-vehicle groups with Jebus that much.

I don't blame you. With all the pathfinding difficulties Arma experiences with AI, I'm likely to try and avoid as well :)

You probably need to use the "INIT=" parameter to add the JEBUS units to HC, etc. I don't use any of those things, so I'm not sure.

People keep coming up with ways of using JEBUS that I never thought of when I was making it! :-)

Ok. So i got this working with HC using the init but now I have another small problem. Is there anyway to keep or reissue squad names on respawn. Everytime squad respawns they get a new squad name. Thanks in advance

Or maybe a better question is how to handle several components of the init: as no matter what i do it continually says " missing: ]"

This is an example of what I use to keep names of groups'

0 = [this, "LIVES=", 2, "DELAY=", [3,6],"PAUSE=", 10, "INIT=", "[group _proxythis, 'marker_0'] execVM 'T8\tsk\fn_attack.sqf'; {_x moveincargo heloname} forEach units _proxyThis; grpAI = group _proxythis"] execVM "Jebus.sqf";

I hope this helps

This is an example of what I use to keep names of groups'

0 = [this, "LIVES=", 2, "DELAY=", [3,6],"PAUSE=", 10, "INIT=", "[group _proxythis, 'marker_0'] execVM 'T8\tsk\fn_attack.sqf'; {_x moveincargo heloname} forEach units _proxyThis; grpAI = group _proxythis"] execVM "Jebus.sqf";

I hope this helps

Thanks. Got it all sorted. Thank you very much for the help ☺

So another small issue I have encountered. Evverything works fine when Im host but if put on dedicated server it loses the names of the squads. Shld i do something different to the above for global if Im understanding things? Not that I do...lol

So another small issue I have encountered. Evverything works fine when Im host but if put on dedicated server it loses the names of the squads. Shld i do something different to the above for global if Im understanding things? Not that I do...lol

Post an example init line that works on listen server but not on dedicated and let's see.

Dedicated servers are outside my (very limited) expertise, but maybe we can come up with something.

Pretty close to a new release, maybe on the weekend.....

I don't know why I haven't set to using this earlier with my GAIA based missions as I find GAIA's own respawn feature iffy. Is there any issue using it with GAIA's cacheing system instead of its own? IE will using GAIA's cacheing trigger JEBUS to respawn when GAIA fully cache's a unit?

13 hours ago, gfresco said:

I don't know why I haven't set to using this earlier with my GAIA based missions as I find GAIA's own respawn feature iffy. Is there any issue using it with GAIA's cacheing system instead of its own? IE will using GAIA's cacheing trigger JEBUS to respawn when GAIA fully cache's a unit?

I haven't tried it, but from a quick scan of the code, I suspect there will be problems . 

It did give me some ideas on how to tweak JEBUS caching up to the same standard as GAIA, so I'll do that for the next release . 

1 minute ago, dreadpirate said:

I haven't tried it, but from a quick scan of the code, I suspect there will be problems . 

It did give me some ideas on how to tweak JEBUS caching up to the same standard as GAIA, so I'll do that for the next release . 

Imitating the GAIA cache system for ultimate GAIA compatibility would be great for my style of mission. I use GAIA to populate a number of combat zones across the map, with the units spawning at map edges. The 2-phase GAIA cache system allows for units further from where the player starts to distribute across the map sooner without a big performance hit by reducing the squads to 1-man outside the initial range. This way I can set my cache range to around 1500m but have troop movements simulated up to 3000m

Version 1.37

• Moved trigger activation inside main loop (Thanks to pritchardgsd)
  • Switched to using getUnitLoadout over BIS_fnc_saveInventory
  • Switched to using setUnitLoadout over BIS_fnc_loadInventory
  • Fixed planes spawning with "FLYING"

Download

Happy New Year Dread. Thanks for the new jebus. Gonna give it a go right now. Thanks for all your hard work.

On 16/11/2016 at 8:50 PM, dreadpirate said:

Yeah, good find anfo. The issue is the group formation heading is overriding the vehicle heading.

Find this line in Jebus.sqf

_newGroup addVehicle _newVehicle;

and add the following line afterwards

_newGroup setFormDir _respawnDir;

Needs a bit more testing to see if it breaks anything else, but it works for static weapons.....

A fix will be in the next version.....

Hi Dread

Thanks for the new release. Can you confirm whether I should manually enter the code as stipulated above, as I don't seem to see it in the new version. This is of course you have implemented the fix in a different way?

edit: ignore as I found the change a couple of lines down in the new version :S

• Like 1

Hello. I've been messing around with this in the editor, and am trying to spawn a custom composition of troops with a trigger. Got " 0 = [this] execVM "Jebus.sqf"; " in the init of the leader in the formation and " call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "JebusInit.sqf"; " in the mission init. I placed a Trigger the is Blufor present, and the units are not spawning.

9 hours ago, Catchdog64 said:

Hello. I've been messing around with this in the editor, and am trying to spawn a custom composition of troops with a trigger. Got " 0 = [this] execVM "Jebus.sqf"; " in the init of the leader in the formation and " call compile preprocessFileLineNumbers "JebusInit.sqf"; " in the mission init. I placed a Trigger the is Blufor present, and the units are not spawning.

My first suggestion is using the DEBUG parameter and see what comes up

0 = [this, "DEBUG"] execVM "Jebus.sqf";

Try to synchronize trigger with group leader. That will hide the group until trigger is tripped.

4 hours ago, Catchdog64 said:

Keeps coming up with " Waiting for trigger activation"

If you want the group active at the start of the mission, just delete the trigger.

Otherwise, JEBUS will wait until the trigger condition is true before starting.....

Now it's returning to much for me to catch at a time, unless there's somewhere to view an error that I don't know about.

4 hours ago, Catchdog64 said:

Now it's returning to much for me to catch at a time, unless there's somewhere to view an error that I don't know about.

You'll have to give more details on what you're trying to do because I'm not sure what's going on.

I debugged the squad leader's init, and when I enter the trigger area I get a wall of text (which goes away before I can really see anything) and nothing spawns. I put 0 = [this, "DEBUG"] execVM "Jebus.sqf"; in the SL's init and the triggers activation.

15 minutes ago, Catchdog64 said:

I debugged the squad leader's init, and when I enter the trigger area I get a wall of text (which goes away before I can really see anything) and nothing spawns. I put 0 = [this, "DEBUG"] execVM "Jebus.sqf"; in the SL's init and the triggers activation.

You don't need to run JEBUS from the triggers activation, just the SL init

1 minute ago, Catchdog64 said:

Is anything required in the activation field of the trigger?

No, just sync it to the SL and you're done.....