dreadpirate

Jebus - Just Editor Based Unit Spawning

Hi Dread

Sorry to keep bothering you. Used your script last night and had a great time! Enemies spawned and stayed in a zone that I wanted them to (more or less ;))

Had a problem with a different scenario where I opted for the DELAY parameter. Had various enemies in squads or amoured vehicles using code similar to this

0 = [this, "DELAY=", 300, "LIVES=", 1] execVM "Jebus.sqf";

While the delay time changed from group to group, when the unifying synced trigger was fired, ALL groups spawned from zero seconds. To workaround the issue, I had to use as almost as many triggers as groups with varying timer values in the different triggers. I can post a small video if it helps demonstrate the problem. Overall still happy with what this script offers our clan and will continue to use regardless. :)

Hi Dread

Sorry to keep bothering you. Used your script last night and had a great time! Enemies spawned and stayed in a zone that I wanted them to (more or less ;))

Had a problem with a different scenario where I opted for the DELAY parameter. Had various enemies in squads or amoured vehicles using code similar to this

0 = [this, "DELAY=", 300, "LIVES=", 1] execVM "Jebus.sqf";

While the delay time changed from group to group, when the unifying synced trigger was fired, ALL groups spawned from zero seconds. To workaround the issue, I had to use as almost as many triggers as groups with varying timer values in the different triggers. I can post a small video if it helps demonstrate the problem. Overall still happy with what this script offers our clan and will continue to use regardless. :)

DELAY is the time until the group re-spawns after it has been eliminated, it doesn't affect the initial spawn. Seeing as you're only using 1 LIFE, DELAY won't have any effect at all.

How many triggers did you have to use in the end? I might be able to read the minimum and maximum times from the trigger and incorporate that into the script.....

How many triggers did you have to use in the end? I might be able to read the minimum and maximum times from the trigger and incorporate that into the script.....

You're right, my interpretation was incorrect. :S

Let's see... on that particular section of the mission, I implemented 7 infantry squads groups, 2 x armour and a helicopter. So since some of those groups shared the same trigger timer, maybe 7 triggers in total.

I respect that certain situations are unworkable with Jebus, and this might be one of them.

I'm using another script (Polpox Calm Animations) and if I apply Jebus they happily de-spawn, but upon trigger they all find a single point close by to spawn at and then wander off.

No problem if it conflicts, I'll just exclude these elements from Jebus :)

Hello! I love your script, it makes unit spawning so easy and saves on performance in a lot of situations.

I do have a problem getting it to work with the F3 though. I put the call compile line in the .init file but it seems like it doesn't run and throws the "Jebus.sqf" not found on startup.

Any advice on how to get this to work?

Hello! I love your script, it makes unit spawning so easy and saves on performance in a lot of situations.

I do have a problem getting it to work with the F3 though. I put the call compile line in the .init file but it seems like it doesn't run and throws the "Jebus.sqf" not found on startup.

Any advice on how to get this to work?

Sorry, I'm not familiar with F3.

Does it not use "init.sqf"?

Or maybe "Jebus.sqf" is in the wrong folder?

Sorry, I'm not familiar with F3.

Does it not use "init.sqf"?

Or maybe "Jebus.sqf" is in the wrong folder?

I need to do some more testing on some fresh missions but yes it does use an .init and I have the jebus scripts in the mission folder.

I think F3 is somehow hijacking the init because not only does jebus not load, but that little loop to hide the markers (1-100) from UPS does not work either.

EDIT: I tried it with a vanilla F3 mission and added a squad of ai with default jebus and it worked! So disregard, it must be some settings I have messed up

So heres an interesting problem, I'm trying to get some motorized/armored groups to respawn and one or more of the vehicles ends up crushing its crew, leading to a useless vehicle. Have you encountered this?

So heres an interesting problem, I'm trying to get some motorized/armored groups to respawn and one or more of the vehicles ends up crushing its crew, leading to a useless vehicle. Have you encountered this?

Just ran a quick test with a bunch of motorised groups and it happened to me too.

Open up Jebus.sqf and search for:

deleteGroup _unitGroup;

and add:

sleep 1;

on the following line.

That fixed it for me, but let me know if it works for you.....

Is Jebus saving unit variable name and callsign from EDEN editor?

Is Jebus saving unit variable name and callsign from EDEN editor?

No. I think of the respawned units as reinforcements.....

No. I think of the respawned units as reinforcements.....

OK, managed something else. One more thing, if you can be bothered sometime, it would be nice for Jebus to save vehicle state (locked/unlocked, etc.) and equipment cargo.

Anyway, thanks for the set. Very useful, especially saving unit loadouts.

.....it would be nice for Jebus to save vehicle state (locked/unlocked, etc.) and equipment cargo.

Good suggestion.....

Version 1.36

• Script can be called from GROUP init (Thanks to S.Crowe)
  • Locked status of vehicles saved and restored
  • Cargo of vehicles saved and restored

Download

• Like 1

I love the random spawn positions, but it would be great to have random destination/waypoint selection too

I love the random spawn positions, but it would be great to have random destination/waypoint selection too

If you're using Gaia, you can pass multiple destination zones (hmmm, I haven't documented that, have I?)

If not, it's a bit more tricky because JEBUS reads the editor waypoints and you can't give multiple sets of waypoints to a group.

How do you use the gaia fortify function?? I cant get it to work..

How  do you use the gaia fortify function?? i cant get it to work

Is it working in the demo mission?

Do you have the gaia folder in your mission folder?

Are you initializing gaia in the init.sqf?

Hi Dread

I feel I already know the answer to this question but I'll double check anyway.

Say an AI spawn is syncronised with a trigger and the AI has then 5 waypoints which it will follow. On the 3rd waypoint (or any) I have another trigger which when activated will allow the spawned AI to move to 4th. I think however I'm noticing that the AI ignores the move trigger as if it never existed.

Have I missed something in documentation or searching this thread to say to me this is not possible?

Anfo

Hi Dread

I feel I already know the answer to this question but I'll double check anyway.

Say an AI spawn is syncronised with a trigger and the AI has then 5 waypoints which it will follow. On the 3rd waypoint (or any) I have another trigger which when activated will allow the spawned AI to move to 4th. I think however I'm noticing that the AI ignores the move trigger as if it never existed.

Have I missed something in documentation or searching this thread to say to me this is not possible?

Anfo

Instead of having a separate trigger, you could try using the condition field of the waypoint itself. Jebus does save that information, but I haven't done extensive testing on that aspect.

I'm not at my PC right now, so I can't verify.....

Instead of having a separate trigger, you could try using the condition field of the waypoint itself

So you're saying in the condition of waypoint 3, I can put code indicating trigger "X" was activated by unit "Y", thus allowing Jebus unit to move to waypoint 4? It is a concept I'm not familiar with, but I understand the logic.

Ok dread. Is there anyway to give the respawned units a random patrol function?

So you're saying in the condition of waypoint 3, I can put code indicating trigger "X" was activated by unit "Y", thus allowing Jebus unit to move to waypoint 4? It is a concept I'm not familiar with, but I understand the logic.

I made a simple demo mission:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B-gOD7yyJ9VJWkRCUUwza0ZVaDg

The patrol won't move to the 2nd circle unless a BLUFOR unit is standing in the square.

Check the condition in waypoint 0.

Press Y to activate Zeus, delete the patrol and wait for respawn.....

Ok dread. Is there anyway to give the respawned units a random patrol function?​

Yes. You can use any patrol script you want with the custom init string, or you can use the built-in GAIA support.

• 0 = [this, "GAIA_NOFOLLOW=, "1] execVM "Jebus.sqf"; //Using GAIA with the NOFOLLOW setting for zone 1
  • 0 = [this, "INIT=, "[_proxyThis, 'agia] execVM 'UPS.sqf'"] execVM "Jebus.sqf"; //Using Kronzky's Urban Patrol Script to patrol marker 'agia'

Which patrol script did you have in mind? I can build a little demo mission.....

• Like 2