dreadpirate

Jebus - Just Editor Based Unit Spawning

G'day!

I don't know what is happening but when I try to put this option "[this, "LIVES=", [4,8], "INIT=", "[_proxyThis, getMarkerPos 'tower'] call JebusAttack"] execVM "Jebus.sqf";" in the init of the Leader or a Trigger I get "Type Script, expected nothing"? Same thing happens with all the other variants of the script.

G'day!

I don't know what is happening but when I try to put this option "[this, "LIVES=", [4,8], "INIT=", "[_proxyThis, getMarkerPos 'tower'] call JebusAttack"] execVM "Jebus.sqf";" in the init of the Leader or a Trigger I get "Type Script, expected nothing"? Same thing happens with all the other variants of the script.

Type nul = at the start of the line. Sorry, need to fix up the examples...

G'day

Thanks man. That worked. Also, either this is going right over my head - how do I tell if the script is working?

G'day

Thanks man. That worked. Also, either this is going right over my head - how do I tell if the script is working?

Well, if you have a marker named 'tower', the group will spawn at the leader's position and attack the 'tower' position.

If the group is all killed, they will respawn and repeat 4 - 8 times...

Well, if you have a marker named 'tower', the group will spawn at the leader's position and attack the 'tower' position.

If the group is all killed, they will respawn and repeat 4 - 8 times...

G'day!

Sorry, I'm such a noob at this lol.

I've managed to get a helicopter to respawn with this nul = [this, "INIT=, "[_proxyThis, getMarkerPos 'city] call JebusAttack"] execVM "Jebus.sqf" however it doesn't appear to be working with groups of infantry or tanks.

G'day!

Sorry, I'm such a noob at this lol.

I've managed to get a helicopter to respawn with this nul = [this, "INIT=, "[_proxyThis, getMarkerPos 'city] call JebusAttack"] execVM "Jebus.sqf" however it doesn't appear to be working with groups of infantry or tanks.

It's ok. I want this script to be usable by noobs. If people are struggling to understand it, I want to know why.

Try adding the "DEBUG" parameter. eg nul = [this, "INIT=, "[_proxyThis, getMarkerPos 'city] call JebusAttack", "DEBUG"] execVM "Jebus.sqf"

Or make a Civilian near where the units are supposed to spawn, set it to "Player" and preview your mission and see what is happening.

It's ok. I want this script to be usable by noobs.

G'day!

Yep this one worked! I also managed to find out why they weren't spawning - I was too close to the enemy spawn so I lowered the PAUSE radius.

I've run into another problem though - I outfitted a few units with custom gear - however the script replaces their kit with the default kit. Is there a way around this?

Cheers!

Jebus at present doesn't save the unit's loadout, it just respawns them according to classname.

You could write a script to re-add the loadout and call it from Jebus

eg nul = [this, "INIT=, "[_proxyThis, getMarkerPos 'city] call JebusAttack; {[_x] execVM 'myLoadoutScript.sqf'} forEach units group _proxyThis"] execVM "Jebus.sqf"

I like using Jona's Easy Redress Functions for that sort of thing.

Tell me which units you're changing the gear for and I'll write a quick example.

Updated version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

hi cool script

i am trying to get this code to work with your script

(group this) setVariable ["GAIA_ZONE_INTEND",["1", "MOVE"], false];

but i dont know how

thx

hi cool script

i am trying to get this code to work with your script

(group this) setVariable ["GAIA_ZONE_INTEND",["1", "MOVE"], false];

but i dont know how

thx

Try:

0 = [this, "INIT=", "(group _proxyThis) setVariable ['GAIA_ZONE_INTEND',['1', 'MOVE'], false];"] execVM "Jebus.sqf"

Two things to note:

1. Use "_proxyThis" where you would usually use "this" in a function call.
  2. Use single quotes instead of double quotes inside the init string

Hope this helps

Updated script to v1.33

• Eden update
  • Changed activation and reset to a caching system
  • Simplified calling attack and patrol scripts
  • Now handles units in vehicle cargo correctly
  • Air vehicles can be spawned on ground or flying
  • Diver and boat support
  • Integrated GAIA support
  • Added group clean up
  • Discontinued ArmA 2 support

Download

Sweet ...thx alot...I think I just wet myself...wooooooot

Very interested in this, I will have a poke around and do some testing and let you know my thoughts.

Seems pretty simple to use which I like.  Is there a way to have the respawning stop?  So say an event occurs via trigger the re-spawning for a particular group is terminated?

Additionally I've noticed that the script will always respawn the units on it's original spawn point and doesn't seem to support the possibility of multiple random start points via markers in the editor.

Very interested in this, I will have a poke around and do some testing and let you know my thoughts.

Seems pretty simple to use which I like.  Is there a way to have the respawning stop?  So say an event occurs via trigger the re-spawning for a particular group is terminated?

Additionally I've noticed that the script will always respawn the units on it's original spawn point and doesn't seem to support the possibility of multiple random start points via markers in the editor.

At present the respawning will only stop when "LIVES=" runs out or when enemy units are within "EXIT=" radius.

I'll look at replacing "EXIT=" with a more general trigger system, so "EXIT=" will refer to a trigger name.

At present the script doesn't look for grouped markers for spawning, I'll try to work out how to do this. Or maybe add a "RESPAWNMARKERS=" parameter?

I'm currently working on saving a group's waypoints from the editor. It's working on a basic level, just needs a bit more testing.....

• Like 1

dreadpirate, is there a way that JEBUS can save custom gear of an editor placed unit that is added via arsenal?  At the moment the units just respawn with their default class gear.

dreadpirate, is there a way that JEBUS can save custom gear of an editor placed unit that is added via arsenal?  At the moment the units just respawn with their default class gear.

What I have been doing so far is running a gear script on the units after they spawn.

See "redressAFRArmy.sqf" in the example mission.

I've also used Jona's Easy Redress Functions successfully.

But I can see how dressing the units in the editor is more intuitive and convenient for people.

It'll be in the next version.....

(I can't guarantee when that will be, however.....)

• Like 1

When playing in dedicated server, cached units still appear phisically when watching from Zeus or the camera. They are stuck in place but still present visually.

Is that intended? Because to me it looks like the caching is not working properly.

When playing in dedicated server, cached units still appear phisically when watching from Zeus or the camera. They are stuck in place but still present visually.

Is that intended? Because to me it looks like the caching is not working properly.

I haven't tested JEBUS on dedicated, so I have no idea what works and what doesn't,  :)

Do the frozen "cached" units reactivate when players come into range?

Edit: I just looked at the commands I'm using for caching (enableSimulation and hideObject) and they both have global versions. That should fix the problem.....