dreadpirate

Jebus - Just Editor Based Unit Spawning

Jebus - Just Editor Based Unit Spawning
Version: 1.454
Release Date: 2020/9/19
Author: DreadPirate

Short Description:

• This script takes editor-based groups and respawns them when the group is eliminated

Description:

• The group's waypoints are saved
  • The group's loadouts are saved
  • Multiple respawn positions are available
  • Spawning can be synchronized with a trigger to create groups when needed
  • The number of respawns can be set, or it can respawn infinitely
  • The respawn delay can be a fixed number or a range
  • A pause radius is available so groups don't spawn on top of their enemies
  • An exit trigger can be used to exit the script early
  • Integrated GAIA support (https://forums.bistudio.com/topic/172933-mission-template-stand-alone-gaia-make-missions-fast-by-using-mcc-gaia-engine/)
  • A custom init string can be used to run your favourite patrol script, attack script, gear script, etc.
  • Units are added to Zeus automatically
  • Use it for ambient combat, waves of attackers, random patrols or whatever else you think of.....

Installation / Usage:

• Copy the jebus folder into your mission folder
  • Copy description.ext into your mission folder (or merge description.ext with yours)
  • Place a group in the editor
  • Call the script in the initialization box of the leader or group (examples given below)
  • Option: Synchronize a trigger with the group leader. The group will not spawn until the trigger is activated

Installing to a sub-folder:

1. Copy the jebus folder into your mission sub-folder (eg scripts)
  2. Copy description.ext into your mission folder (or merge description.ext with yours)
  3. Edit description.ext to point to sub-folder (eg #include "scripts\jebus\cfgFunctions.hpp")
  4. Proceed as normal

Parameters:

• this = Leader of a group
  • "LIVES=" - Number of times group should respawn. Integer or array [minLives, maxLives]. Default is infinite lives
  • "DELAY=" - Delay in seconds before respawning. Number or array [minTime, maxTime]. Default is 30 seconds
  • "CACHE=" - Group will cache until players are within "CACHE=" metres. Default is no caching
  • "REDUCE=" - Group will cache until players are within "REDUCE=" metres. Default is no reducing
  • "START=" - Initial spawning delay. Use if you spawn multiple groups by one trigger to avoid spawn lag. Default is 0.
  • "GAIA_MOVE=" - Group added to GAIA with "MOVE" parameter
  • "GAIA_NOFOLLOW=" - Group added to GAIA with "NOFOLLOW" parameter
  • "GAIA_FORTIFY=" - Group added to GAIA with "FORTIFY" parameter
  • "FLYING" - Air vehicles will spawn already flying
  • "RESPAWNMARKERS=" - Array of alternate respawn positions
  • "PAUSE=" - Radius in which enemies will pause the spawner. Default is 200.
  • "EXIT=" - Name of exit trigger. Group will not respawn again once trigger is activated
  • "INIT=" - Init string to run upon spawning. (Use "_proxyThis" where you would usually use "this" in a script or function call). Default is empty string.
  • "DEBUG" - Will provide debugging information 

Examples:

• 0 = [this] spawn jebus_fnc_main;
  • Respawns group with default parameters. Uses editor waypoints.
  • 0 = [this, "LIVES=", [4,8]] spawn jebus_fnc_main;
  • Respawns group 4 - 8 times. Uses editor waypoints.
  • 0 = [this, "DELAY=", [30,60]] spawn jebus_fnc_main;
  • Respawns group after 30 - 60 seconds delay. Uses editor waypoints.
  • 0 = [this, "CACHE=", 500, "GAIA_NOFOLLOW=", "3"] spawn jebus_fnc_main;
  • Group uncaches when players are within 500m of spawn position. Assigns group to GAIA zone 3.
  • 0 = [this, "PAUSE=", 100, "INIT=", "[_proxyThis, 'agia'] execVM 'UPS.sqf'"] spawn jebus_fnc_main;
  • Group initializes Kronzky's UPS script to patrol a marker named 'agia'. Respawning will pause if enemies are within 100m of spawn position.
  • 0 = [this, "GAIA_MOVE=", "9", "RESPAWNMARKERS=", ["m1", "m2"]]spawn jebus_fnc_main;
  • Group will respawn randomly at its editor position or "m1" or "m2". Assigned to GAIA zone 9.
  • 0 = [this, "GAIA_NOFOLLOW=", "10", "EXIT=", myExitTrigger] spawn jebus_fnc_main;
  • Group will respawn until myExitTrigger is activated. Assigned to GAIA zone 10.

Changelog:

• v1.0 (2014/10/28) - First release
  • v1.1 (2014/11/09) - Added support for Motorized, Mechanized & Armored groups. Added trigger activated spawning.
  • v1.2 (2015/02/21) - Added debugging information. Added variable respawn delay. Improved readability of installation and code. Various tweaks.
  • v1.3 (2015/03/17) - ArmA 2 first release. Made parameters more user friendly. Added variable number of respawns. Added simple patrol script. Added simple attack script. Added pilot kill script.
  • v1.31 (2015/03/30) - Added reset when no enemies are within certain radius. Added Arma 2 demo mission.
  • v1.32 (2015/05/08) - Switched to using nearEntities instead of nearestObjects. Changed activation and reset to detect players.
  • v1.33 (2016/3/27) - Eden update. GAIA support.
  • v1.34 (2016/4/3) - Waypoint support.  Variable respawn position support. Exit trigger support.
  • v1.35 (2016/4/29) - Fixed caching. Save and restore editor loadouts
  • v1.36 (2016/10/2) - Script can be called from group init. Vehicle locked status and cargo saved.
  • v1.37 (2017/1/1) - Fixed trigger activation, planes, inventory
  • v1.38 (2017/2/26) - Vehicles respawn in editor positions. "REDUCE=" added
  • v1.39 (2017/3/10) - Skill levels are saved. Various tweaks and fixes.
  • v1.40 (2017/10/2) - Dynamic Loadout support. "START=" added. Multi vehicle groups support RESPAWNMARKERS.
  • v1.41 (2017/12/29) - Stopped units moving to default spawn position when using RESPAWNMARKERS
  • v1.42 (2018/5/6) - The behemeth update. More vehicle attributes saved
  • v1.43 (2018/7/1) - Variable names are saved for all group members and vehicles. Various tweaks and fixes
  • v1.431 (2018/7/6) - Fixed a bug with trigger activation
  • v1.432 (2019/6/1) - Variable names are now *actually* saved for all group members and vehicles. Pause radius default is now 0
  • v1.433 (2019/12/29) - Vehicles spawn 2m off ground (Global Mobilization fix)
  • v1.45 (2020/4/17) - Major code rewrite. Changed the Global Mobilization fix to use config entries. Added a recruit function
  • v1.451 (2020/8/13) - Fixed crew member roles not being assigned correctly
  • v1,452 (2020/8/19) - Fixed empty groups not being deleted. Changed how units are added to Zeus. Support for static weapons
  • v1.453 (2020/9/15) - Fixed Drone support
  • v1.454 (2020/9/19) - Group ID is saved. Unit elevation is saved. Dynamic Loadout support withdrawn for now 

Version 1.454

• Group ID is saved

• Unit elevation is saved. Groups can be spawned in buildings, on ships, etc.

• Dynamic Loadout support withdrawn for now (It wasn't working properly anyway)

Download

GitHub

news_download_a3_3.png
Jebus - Just Editor Based Unit Spawning v1.452

Edited by dreadpirate
Updating to v1.454
  • Like 7
  • Thanks 3

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Updated script:

• added support for Motorized, Mechanized & Armored groups
  • ​added trigger activated spawning

Updated version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

Edited by Guest
done, future plans removed :)

Thanks Foxhound!

Could you remove the "Future Plans" section? The script now supports Motorized, Mechanized & Armored groups.

Thanks again.

Updated script:

• Added debugging information
  • Added variable respawn delay
  • Improved readability of installation and code
  • Various tweaks

Hi! thanks for the script, I was very useful!

do so that, after I have destroyed the enemy in this radius, the enemy is not revived until I come back again to this place. this to the enemies not occupy the FPS!

Hi! thanks for the script, I was very useful!

do so that, after I have destroyed the enemy in this radius, the enemy is not revived until I come back again to this place. this to the enemies not occupy the FPS!

Thank you and thanks for the suggestion.

I'm working on the next version at the moment and I will try to implement this.

Hi! And how long will you do the update?

I really need it!

Tonight (Australian time). Just need to fix the comments.

Nice work

Thank you. Version 1.3 is up!

Because I've been playing Arma 2 lately, the script is now A2 compatible!

I've made the parameters easier to read and understand.

Plus a few other bits and pieces.....

Edited by DreadPirate

Hi! Quickly made! Thank U!

I need a line for my mission!

[this, "ACT =", 1000, "INIT =" ", [_proxyThis," tower "getMarkerPos] called JebusPatrol"] execVM "Jebus.sqf";

The group generates when enemy units are in position 1000m caviar. Sends a group to patrol near the marker "tower".

And if I have not seen the enemy, and was forced to leave the area of 1000 m? the enemy continues to move! This is not good. (FPS)

Please email so that players leave the area 500 - 1000 m, the enemy group will be deleted.

Thank you in advance for the work done!:)

Edited by sergeziegler

Hi! Quickly made! Thank U!

I need a line for my mission!

[this, "ACT =", 1000, "INIT =" ", [_proxyThis," tower "getMarkerPos] called JebusPatrol"] execVM "Jebus.sqf";

The group generates when enemy units are in position 1000m caviar. Sends a group to patrol near the marker "tower".

And if I have not seen the enemy, and was forced to leave the area of 1000 m? the enemy continues to move! This is not good. (FPS)

Please email so that players leave the area 500 - 1000 m, the enemy group will be deleted.

Thank you in advance for the work done!:)

How many groups does your mission have?

Jebus is based around quickly making small scale single-player or co-op missions, but it doesn't have advanced features like unit caching or battlefield clean-up.

If your mission is larger in scale, I'd look at AI Spawn Script Pack, EOS or DAC which have more advanced features than my humble little Jebus.

Optionally, you could try running AI Caching and Distribution System or cB AI Unit Caching Demo alongside Jebus and see if that helps.

If I get a chance on the weekend, I'll try out these caching scripts with Jebus and see how they work.

Hi! I need an unending patrol in number of 15 groups. Patrol must appear when a player in his zone of the enemy. MP for the mission.

I use these scripts from such people AI Spawn Script Pack, EOS or DAC.

But currently. thy script is. for me to, the best of the other embodiments.

Many people will thank thee for the creation of of the script, the endless the enemy of patrol groups of.

Edited by sergeziegler

Hi! I need an unending patrol in number of 15 groups. Patrol must appear when a player in his zone of the enemy. MP for the mission.

I use these scripts from such people AI Spawn Script Pack, EOS or DAC.

But currently. thy script is. for me to, the best of the other embodiments.

Many people will thank thee for the creation of of the script, the endless the enemy of patrol groups of.

Almost done adding this feature sergeziegler. Just needs some more testing.....

• Like 1

Updated script

• Added reset when no enemies are within certain radius
  • Added Arma 2 demo mission

Example using "RESET":

• nul = [this, "ACT =, 1000, "RESET", "INIT =", " [_proxyThis, 'tower] execVM 'UPS.sqf'"] execVM "Jebus.sqf"
  • Group will not spawn until enemy units are within 1000m.
  • Group will delete itself if no enemies are within 1000m of leader's current position.

​

Edited by DreadPirate
Fixed example

Hi! I tested your script and am very happy with your work! That is what I need! Thank you. It is a pity that I can not to offer you have a beer!:)