mcruppert

Jurassic Arma - Raptor Pack

hi guys 

very very nice mod. 

i was trying to get it to work with ace3. because my squad wants to do some propper jungle missions with wild animals :D 
we are using ace3 as a default mod for our units so i came now up with this

i am not quite shure if i am doing it in a common right way but it works for me and maybe needs some tweeking.
the damge parts are selected randomly and could be based on the _direction value. 
Also now the damage dealed to bodyparts is only 0.2 and maybe needs some multiplication to have more effective damage

This ACE3 function is working with the new hitpoint system added in the last update. 

so i changed your "fn_deal_damage.sqf"

maybe you are interested in that: 

_victim = _this select 0;
   _dam = _this select 1;
   _overall = _this select 2;
   _part = _this select 3;
   _Ddir = _this select 4;
   _snd = _this select 5;
   _ssource = _this select 6;

_damageType = ["head", "body", "hand_l", "hand_r", "leg_l", "leg_r"];
   _randomDamageBodypart =_damageType call BIS_fnc_selectRandom;

if (isClass(configFile >> "CfgPatches" >> "ace_main")) then {
   // ace Enabled

if (IsNil "_ssource") then {_ssource = _victim};
     if !(_overall) then {
        [_victim, _dam, _randomDamageBodypart, "Bullet"] call ace_medical_fnc_addDamageToUnit;
        if (_snd != "") then  {
           0 = [[_ssource, _snd], "rup_fnc_say3d", 1, 1, _ssource, true, false] call rup_fnc_MP;
        };

} else {
        _part = _this select 3;
        [_victim, _dam, _part, "Bullet"] call ace_medical_fnc_addDamageToUnit;
     };

if (IsPlayer _victim) then {
        if (IsMultiplayer) then {
           0 = [[_victim, _Ddir, _snd], "rup_fnc_hiteffect_1", 1, 3, _victim, false, false] call rup_fnc_MP;
        } else {
           [_victim, _Ddir] call rup_fnc_hiteffect_1;
        };
     };
   } else {
   // ace not present

if (IsNil "_ssource") then {_ssource = _victim};
     if !(_overall) then {
        _victim setdamage (damage _victim)+_dam;

if (_snd != "") then  {
           0 = [[_ssource, _snd], "rup_fnc_say3d", 1, 1, _ssource, true, false] call rup_fnc_MP;
        };

} else {
        _part = _this select 3;

_dam_part = _victim getHitPointDamage _part;

_victim setHitPointDamage [_part, (_dam_part + _dam)];
     };
     if (IsPlayer _victim) then {
        if (IsMultiplayer) then {
           0 = [[_victim, _Ddir, _snd], "rup_fnc_hiteffect_1", 1, 3, _victim, false, false] call rup_fnc_MP;
        } else {
           [_victim, _Ddir] call rup_fnc_hiteffect_1;
        };
     };
   };

maybe someone of you professional guys can have a look at it and can tell me if this is a propper way of doing the ACE detection.

for me this part is currious i was not able to figuere out what it realy does because the _part value was always empty 

else {
        _part = _this select 3;
        [_victim, _dam, _part, "Bullet"] call ace_medical_fnc_addDamageToUnit;
     };

my source for the ace function was this page:
https://github.com/acemod/ACE3/issues/2816

hope this will help somebody who is also into this ace thing

greatings 
P

So its been now over a year that the Jurassic Arma - Raptor Pack is out and it looks like nobody found the little easteregg we put in there so i thought its now the best time to show you guys!

Enjoy and i wish you a merry christmas!

Ruppertle

• Like 8

Very nice easter egg :)

Is there any chance of signing your pbo 
I think this is the main reason this addon isn't used more in multiplayer servers

Found a small bug with raptors. They attack cars even if they are manned with Independent soldiers. When the guys jump out they go away and leave them alone :)

p.s. have two ACE/CUPT/Panthera coop missions featuring "Bad Santas" and raptors. Any groups willing to play?

hi,

i need the v.03 version of this mod.

cause i like to play an old mission, where this version of is required.

i always get an error with current version:

cannot play..... downloadable content deleted.Dinosaurs

may someone help me out with that?

thanks

cheers

hi,

i need the v.03 version of this mod.

cause i like to play an old mission, where this version of is required.

i always get an error with current version:

cannot play..... downloadable content deleted.Dinosaurs

may someone help me out with that?

thanks

cheers

I never heard of version 0.3... but I have this 1.1 which have the old files (I prefer them too, the AI was less buggy and less mod incompactibilities), so it mighty help ya out!

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/6382845/JurassicArmaRaptorPack_v11.7z.7z

cheers!

• Like 2

Hi Corporal_Lib,

many thanks. That helped me out.

Cheers :D

• Like 1

is it just me but my raptor i control dosnt scream when i press G or eat. it just lifts its head and dose no animation? or am i doing something wrong, all other animations work and other AI raptors can scream but i cant. am i doing something wrong (great work btw)

Getting alot of this in the RPT after loading it in eden. 

9:05:39 Error in expression <
{
if (IsServer) then
{
RUP_JIP_array = RUP_JIP_array + [[_para, _fnc, _type]];
>
 9:05:39   Error position: <RUP_JIP_array + [[_para, _fnc, _type]];
>
 9:05:39   Error Undefined variable in expression: rup_jip_array
 9:05:39 File Rup_Dinosaurs\func\mp\fn_mp.sqf, line 64
 9:05:39 Error in expression <if (rup_raptor_debug) then
{
systemchat form>
 9:05:39   Error position: <rup_raptor_debug) then
{
systemchat form>
 9:05:39   Error Undefined variable in expression: rup_raptor_debug
 9:05:40 Error in expression <_rad = rup_raptor_maxdist;

_targets = _rap nea>
 9:05:40   Error position: <rup_raptor_maxdist;

_targets = _rap nea>

Getting alot of this in the RPT after loading it in eden. 

9:05:39 Error in expression <
{
if (IsServer) then
{
RUP_JIP_array = RUP_JIP_array + [[_para, _fnc, _type]];
>
 9:05:39   Error position: <RUP_JIP_array + [[_para, _fnc, _type]];
>
 9:05:39   Error Undefined variable in expression: rup_jip_array
 9:05:39 File Rup_Dinosaurs\func\mp\fn_mp.sqf, line 64
 9:05:39 Error in expression <if (rup_raptor_debug) then
{
systemchat form>
 9:05:39   Error position: <rup_raptor_debug) then
{
systemchat form>
 9:05:39   Error Undefined variable in expression: rup_raptor_debug
 9:05:40 Error in expression <_rad = rup_raptor_maxdist;

_targets = _rap nea>
 9:05:40   Error position: <rup_raptor_maxdist;

_targets = _rap nea>

I didnt realise these were still usable.I though updates had broken them.How are they in game?

I didnt realise these were still usable.I though updates had broken them.How are they in game?

They still function (mostly) as they had previously, though they're very glitchy as always. Also, the game props up a lot of errors whilst using them, but ultimately it's not too problematic.

• Like 1

ok guys. the time has finally come. to be honest it's thanks to some coincidents like me working on a spawning systems for hostile creatures already and now Tanoa being available that i decided to finally tackle this.

here's what you can expect from the upcoming small patch.

spawning modules using an entirely new AI that are designed for performance with higher numbers of raptors. that means though that all their good traits stay intact. the AI is just handled differently to what we had. which was basically one heavy AI routine per raptor. i also moved away from FSM to have more control over what gets calculated when to avoid bottlenecks of heavy operations as much as possible.

so overall this is more of a usability, performance and maintainance update. i decided to not touch the old addon at all because there are just too many hacks in there that we had to pull out of our ass to meet the contest deadline. at this point it made more sense to just use what is still good and start fresh.

so. the old stuff will all stay intact if you want to place a single raptor by hand and stuff. same goes for the player raptors.

this will basically be an addon/module version of some mission code i've been working on for a while (originally intended for lightweight zombies). that means it already has been tested a lot and it looks promising.

i'm still debating how i will release this. since there is the option to make the module open to what ever unit/creature you set it to use, this might end up as a seperate addon that will be able to make use of the raptors but will also be able to either make zombies that don't require any addons (server using the module but clients not needing any addons) or ones that use the faces i made for ravage a custom head gore system i made and some shitty additional anims i made. will have to see about how exactly it will play out.

i won't give an ETA but know that i've been working on it actively for a while now.

• Like 8

here's a tiny teaser showing off the new sounds i added that are already making the raptors way scarier.

please excuse the bad video settings and video compression. bad pc, quickly made teaser.

and a small screenshot showing some of the options the module will have. there will be more added and the naming of them is not final but just to give you an idea. the module will also have a switch for ambient and locational spawn. to put this into zombie terms. ambient mode and placed horde mode.

http://i.cubeupload.com/8Wwzxs.jpg

i'm not sure yet what else the update will consist of exactly. i might also update some of the textures and add the new ones as variations. i'll do all this as a seperate addon though, because that will be easier for me to quickly update and sign things without having to coordinate the old files with ruppert. there will also be a zombie version fo this module with some extra options.

all the old stuff will stay intact so you can still place single raptors via zeus using old AI (might add a module to place a single new one too later) and use the player raptors. so treat this like a an expansion or something.

small side note: i disabled the sprinting on the raptors when the prey is on foot for now. seemed way overpowered to me. so now it's limited to hunting vehicles. i might make it an option later though, if there's some hardcore people requesting it :lol:

• Like 5

Man, it's going to be awesome hunting being hunted by those beasts in the jungles of Tanoa! That agent manager module looks like a lot of fun. ;)

How about McRuppert by the way? Is he still active on Arma3 (still waiting on that lightsaber project!)? ^^

Top stuff benson, shall try not to go into the long grass!!

Hi,

added raptors to my test server running Exile. However i cannot seem to get them to work. Is there a way to impliment them into a dms or an area and have a raptor island style mission?

Thanks in advance

Monkee

i'm making great progress. the raptors will be much more tweakable in terms AI attributes too to allow anything from ambient annoyance to hardcore predators.

i might show a video of the debug system that will allow people to tweak those attributes much easier soon. i just want to get things into more of a final stage so all final module options will be present. anotehr thing i want to implement still is a better way of handling hearing. so i'm looking for alternative methods to the very limited firedNear EH which for some reason is fixed at 60m.

as for Exile. yes the current raptors are pretty hacky for several reasons i already explained but the next update will have a much bigger liklihood to work better with other things.

that being said. i already have bad experiences with Exile when it comes to EM so i wouldn't count on it. EM is coded very much with mod compatibility in mind and considering it works with every major mod, gameplay and content alike (ACE, CUP, RHS, Ravage), i'd say a large part of the problem is inside the Exile code.

i know it's a total conversion but that doesn't mean you don't stack eventhandlers (just guessing here, never played it or looked at the code) and other things to ensure it working with other things. again. look at Ravage which is kind of similar in terms of features. zero problems there.

we'll see how it is after the patch, in terms of raptors, but considering the above i wouldn't count on it working well.

• Like 4

If you spawned raptors via Zeus & took remote control of them, it broke the engine. Will that be resolved with the new version?

If you spawned raptors via Zeus & took remote control of them, it broke the engine. Will that be resolved with the new version?

not sure, if this will make it into the first version but zeus support is planned overall in terms of placing AI raptors which will be via modules sicne they are agents now so you can't place them like normal units.

the problem with player raptors though is that player scripts are not really working with remote control, period. i think EM has the exact same problem, not crashing but stuff not initialising because a remote controlled unit is not considered the player. if someone has some insight on how to handle that i'm all ears but unfortunately for now it's a zeus limitation i'm afraid.

i'm focussing on the mass spawn and AI aspect for now.

i'm curious though. are you sure you didn't spawn an AI raptor?

anyways. here's some screenshots to show some new options of the module and the debug markers.

http://i.cubeupload.com/0jOCwZ.jpg

most settings should be self explainatory. the most important new ones are the seperation of hearing and seeing range and the ability to make raptors either aggro on hearing a shot or just to go investigate the sound source in idle mode. also you can set the cool down time for how long it takes after you have made a sound (shot) until you are hidden/not of interest to them anymore.

http://i.cubeupload.com/F6frbA.jpg

http://i.cubeupload.com/EPI3LL.jpg

the green radius is the visibility radius and the blue striped one is the audibility radius and the red is the escape radius is the radius that once a raptor is aggroed you need to get out of to be able to lose them via line of sight blocking.

something i plan on adding is a FOV setting so you can change how large the angle is that they can see things. also maybe different conditions for vehicles in terms of sound emmision so an engine sound can aggro them too like a gun shot.

• Like 2

Didn't spawn an AI raptor, been careful about that. All stuff works but GUI dissapears, like chat engine ;)