mcruppert

Jurassic Arma - Raptor Pack

The animation when knocking down a raptor in a vehicle is great :D

I hope that they can be prevented from entering closed buildings cos i need to hide like a little girl!

B..but they know how to open doors.

B..but they know how to open doors.

I don't think they actually open doors, more a collision thing where they are able to run straight through buildings if they know you are in one, just for some gameplay it would be good to be able to escape them without having to kill them.

Funny, somehow I can't stop thinking about that old game (or more like techdemo?) Trespasser. Something like this in ArmA could be kinda cool. Being stranded alone on a lost island, trying to survive between dinosaurs...

I don't think they actually open doors, more a collision thing where they are able to run straight through buildings if they know you are in one, just for some gameplay it would be good to be able to escape them without having to kill them.

you can escape them. you will just have to try harder ;)

te system is actually pretty dynamic. to avoid them looking stupid or being outrun by a car i made the tolerance pretty low though. this means in an open field you have no chance obviously. but in urban areas or areas with rocks trees and bushes you can get away if you do it right. it's based on the engine's own combination of line of sight, sound etc.

i have an idea though how one could do doors. not sure yet if i wanna do it though. we'll see

This is a fantastic addon!

How to load this into ZEUS so it appears in the list of things that can be spawned?

---------- Post added at 07:02 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:18 PM ----------

Also getting some erros when placing an AI raptor in a mission with ZEUS things present (ZEUS curators and virtual units). It does not happen on a clean empty new mission without any ZEUS items

This gets plastered on the PRT log (30000 lines per minute). I would guess its the function being confused by detecting zeus curator units and breaking.

systemchat form>
18:51:41   Error Undefined variable in expression: rup_raptor_debug
18:51:41 Error in expression <
{
if (IsServer) then
{
RUP_JIP_array = RUP_JIP_array + [[_para, _fnc, _type]];
>
18:51:41   Error position: <RUP_JIP_array + [[_para, _fnc, _type]];
>
18:51:41   Error Undefined variable in expression: rup_jip_array
18:51:41 File Rup_Dinosaurs\func\mp\fn_mp.sqf, line 64
18:51:41 Error in expression <if (rup_raptor_debug) then
{
systemchat form>
18:51:41   Error position: <rup_raptor_debug) then
{
systemchat form>
18:51:41   Error Undefined variable in expression: rup_raptor_debug
18:51:42 Error in expression <_rad = rup_raptor_maxdist;

_targets = _rap nea>
18:51:42   Error position: <rup_raptor_maxdist;

_targets = _rap nea>
18:51:42   Error Undefined variable in expression: rup_raptor_maxdist

_targets = _rap nea>

_targets = _rap nea>

_targets = _rap nea>

_targets = _rap nea>
18:51:42 Error in expression <_num < count _targets>
18:51:42   Error position: <_targets>
18:51:42   Error Undefined variable in expression: _targets
18:51:42 Error in expression <_num == count _targets>

Just tested it, empty map, placed a player and an AI raptor, it worked. Then placed a virtual curator entity and the error appears.

Edited by alleycat

Ok, Pls dont ignore this.

ur Raptor pack is super awesome. but its having a lot of problem with multi play.

especially AGM, X-Med and Dedicated Server.

its dont work well.

or Crashing the server anyway.

If u dont want to slove this Problem, then Make some kinda Exaple mission for play.

Just Finally check,

Raptor Crash with X39 Xmed system.

if we turn off that works fine.

Edited by acta13

this is an addon for arma 3 and not AGM or Xmed. and you are not even providing valuable info to fix this. do you really think i'm going to go and unpack AGM now and search for possible causes? here's a little tip. this raptor uses a new skeleton while he also is based on the human base class. that's the reason why you can't access the raptor's inventory or pick stuff up with him. because for exampel a vest or even helmet will ask for the default human bones while we have totally different ones for the raptor. my guess is that AGM does some stuff to units by default that brings that problem to light. maybe it adds items or whatever.

Edited by Bad Benson

this is an addon for arma 3 and not AGM or Xmed. and you are not even providing valuable info to fix this. do you really think i'm going to go and unpack AGM now and search for possible causes? here's a little tip. this raptor uses a new skeleton while he also is based on the human base class. that's the reason why you can't access the raptor's inventory or pick stuff up with him. because for exampel a vest or even helmet will ask for the default human bones while we have totally different ones for the raptor. my guess is that AGM does some stuff to units by default that brings that problem to light. maybe it adds items or whatever.

OK, I will check entire AGM, and Xmed Systems Crash and then show u a Log of error.

we still check the errors and try to find the reason of crash TFAR, and AGM.

and can I ask you guys about how to wear the NVGs to Raptors?

we even made a Non-Visual NVG for Raptor. but cant wear it with spawn.

Hi guys, is there any way anyone has found of adding this to EPOCH.. looking for suggestions/ideas..

Would love to surprise ppl with raptors in game..

Cheers in advance...

Edited by Dekkus

yea sorry about that. i think Ruppert must've missed the key when packing the files. we'll do a quick hot fix soon with all the little things discussed before. there will be a key included too.

This is amazing stuff, great work. Can't wait til the T-Rex joins the party, I am curious if there will be somekind of instinct set-up in the AI that would make sure the Raptors would prefer to avoid a T-rex than to fight it (when it is in the same "hunting" zone). Normally speaking, I guess a T-Rex would only actively kill raptors if they are in his hunting area/own territory, because herbivores are the prefered prey. Unless I got things wrong.

Only a whole pack of Raptors would stand a little bit of a chance against a T-Rex, but even then they would still prefer fleeing to fighting it if they had a choice (so I have read), right?

Edited by Georilla

is there anyway of making the AI raptors/dinos detect more efficiantly? for example when my fireteam shoots at them from 300 odd meters away, they still just wonder around etc.

are you thinking of creating some modules that populates a given radius with lots of hungry dinos ;) i think it would be better than just placing loads of units across a map or something using a lot of resources up as you can imagine

we had errors with agm & task force radio, it seems that your addon breaks their UI and/or keybidings.

Anyway, we had some, nice work ;)

Hey,

How do i get these Raptors to do anything but walk in a straight line?

I cant get them to attack me. I have disabled my other mods. I tried adding one from independent faction and setting independent to hostile to everyone. They will slowly walk to me and bump into me but no attacks. When i set them to OPFOR or CSAT and use the opposing faction, its the same thing.

I have messed with presence settings, i have tried giving them higher ranks than me. I have set way points with aggressive settings... They just wont attack or do anything. Even after i shoot them.

I have tried all of this on custom maps, as well as the default Altis off course.

When i try to play as one, the texture is missing and i can only steer it with the arrow keys as it keeps walking forward. All other controls fail.

What the hell am i missing? What parameters should i add to them in editor so they attack and act at least semi intelligent? I cant find any solutions for this problem.

Hi guys, is there any way anyone has found of adding this to EPOCH.. looking for suggestions/ideas..

Would love to surprise ppl with raptors in game..

Cheers in advance...

The Game With PURE crew has gotten this mod to work on Epoch (0.2.5.2) Bornholm. The traders and our AI mission NPCs get wrecked by the raptors but the AI manages some pretty cool tactics on both sides. The traders, though, are pretty much like the goats in the Jurassic Park movie. :-(

I personally do not know what it takes to get it to work but I know the folks who do. I do know we republished the mod (for our own use) with our own key but I don't know how much other tweaking we had to do, if any.

Did you have any particular questions that I could pass on for you?

You can catch us on reddit at /r/PURE. Can't post a link to our website though. :/ Google may get you there.

We have just started getting the Epoch 0.3 mod going and our Bornholm server is offline atm but it should be back up soon.

Hello there! It took us a few days to get the mod to behave, but we've found a workaround for using the Raptors with mods.

Spawning an AI raptor will work, but player-controlled ones are out - in addition to breaking the Raptor AI, it will also break AGM and TFAR interaction for anyone on the server. The workaround is to use AI raptors, and give them a long delay in a non-player occupied area (say, 3 km away) and move to them. It seems like it takes a while for the raptor AI to begin working, but after that, new ones will only take a few seconds to "alert" to a player's presence. Just give it some time at the start of a mission. This also works for raptors placed using Zeus!

Mods used in addition to Raptors:

AiATP, RHS Escalation, CBA A3, TFAR, AGM, cTab, FHQ Accessories, ASDG Joint Rails, DAR MAXXPROs, grace weapon sway fix, mrb A3 Voice Stop, Robert Hammer Pistols, Sweet Markers, Switch Weapons While Moving

Hope this helps others! It was a lot of fun!

---------- Post added at 21:13 ---------- Previous post was at 21:12 ----------

Here are some video examples of it in action with other mods!

Videos:

Testing out the mod:

Full Mission:

I am having tough time figuring how to get it run, as stand alone mod or with epoch, what have I missed anyone have an idea?

I am having tough time figuring how to get it run, as stand alone mod or with epoch, what have I missed anyone have an idea?

Hello, I am one of the guys that works on the server scripts/mods for Game With PURE.

It doesn't work with epoch because the mod does not have a server key, so we made our own for testing while we waited for the update. This will not be needed once the @JurassicArma devs release the update with their server key, but if you want to test it out in the mean time, here is how to create your own key:

These steps are based on using the Arma 3 Tools from Steam, Library > Tools to download.

Launch the tools and in the main window under Utilities select DSSignFile.

Select DSCreateKey, give your key a unique name (I will use Raptors for the example) and click on create key then close the window.

Select DDSignFile, under File to sign browse to the Rup_Dinosaurs.pbo (Steam\SteamApps\common\Arma 3\@JurassicArma\Addons), under Private Key browse to Steam\SteamApps\common\Arma 3 Tools\DSSignFile, and select the key you created (Raptors.biprivatekey), then click Sign File.

That is it.

You now have a server key and a client key.

The server key, get it from Steam\SteamApps\common\Arma 3 Tools\DSSignFile, it is the .bikey file (Raptors.bikey), place this in you server Keys folder.

The client key, get it from Steam\SteamApps\common\Arma 3\@JurassicArma\Addons, it is the .bisign file (Raptors.bisign), every client (player) that wants to join the server will need this key in their own Steam\SteamApps\common\Arma 3\@JurassicArma\Addons folder.

You will then need a script that will actually spawn in the raptors, spawn them as Resistance since that is the player enemy group, thing is that it seems the raptor AI is made to attack anything that is a man unit. For example, the raptors would attack AI from SEM missions, but the soldiers would not do anything or fire at the raptors since they are in the same side (Resistance), to prevent this set the rating of the raptors to negative making them enemy to everyone. AI from other scripts will then fight the raptors if they get close and are seen.

The mod works pretty well and was a blast, really looking forward to new updates!

You will then need a script that will actually spawn in the raptors, spawn them as Resistance since that is the player enemy group, thing is that it seems the raptor AI is made to attack anything that is a man unit. For example, the raptors would attack AI from SEM missions, but the soldiers would not do anything or fire at the raptors since they are in the same side (Resistance), to prevent this set the rating of the raptors to negative making them enemy to everyone. AI from other scripts will then fight the raptors if they get close and are seen.

Has anyone made a script for this they wouldn't mind sharing? Would love to add this to our Epoch server.

Hey McRuppert,

I just wanted to thank you for your work with the raptors. This mod has been great fun to sprinkle into my groups play sessions. Combined arms tactics with raptors is so amazing!

I'm building a Raptor mission but have to put it on hold for now because I've noticed mid way in making the mission the Raptors stopped working.

They walk slow, don't attack and just follow you. From trial and error I've found that if you are using task modules/briefings/air support modules it breaks the Raptor mod, where they start walking and not attacking anymore. If I can't use any modules for a briefing the mission is useless. So modules seem to be a major problem with the Raptor mod.

So Raptor AI needs to be fixed and it would be nice to add a sprint/full speed when using waypoints. Full speed means the Raptor will sprint and limited will mean they walk. It would really be awesome if someone can tell us if the mod will be updated, because if it isn't then at least nobody will waste their time making Raptor missions and waiting for their questions to be answered.

I'm building a Raptor mission but have to put it on hold for now because I've noticed mid way in making the mission the Raptors stopped working.

They walk slow, don't attack and just follow you. From trial and error I've found that if you are using task modules/briefings/air support modules it breaks the Raptor mod, where they start walking and not attacking anymore. If I can't use any modules for a briefing the mission is useless. So modules seem to be a major problem with the Raptor mod.

So Raptor AI needs to be fixed and it would be nice to add a sprint/full speed when using waypoints. Full speed means the Raptor will sprint and limited will mean they walk. It would really be awesome if someone can tell us if the mod will be updated, because if it isn't then at least nobody will waste their time making Raptor missions and waiting for their questions to be answered.

just create a briefing.sqf.....