mcruppert

Jurassic Arma - Raptor Pack

Hi GiorgyGR!

i think you are in the wrong thread here because there is no mission in our release (we just made a playable raptor)

the mod you are talking about has his own raptor and mission http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?173650-Reign-Of-Jurassic-Mod

Yes u are right-and i m very sorry (and embarrassed) for the mistake.

Later i tried your pack along with the exceptional Artemis by our jewel Rydygier and it is just wonderful.

Congratulations-keep up the good work :)

Rex was a typo. I meant raptor, ;)

I guess I was using the wrong class names (raptorM, raptorF1). I just tried raptor2 and everything seems to be working as it should. No need for WP's or to set side affiliations. Thanks.

Couldn't find all the class names though. Are you able to show me where I can find them? I didn't see a readme with the DL.

Thanks again, dood.

yea sorry. we still need to provide a class name list for mission makers.

AI Raptor Class names:

Raptor2

RaptorAIF2

RaptorAIM1

i hope that helps.

Edited by Bad Benson

Bad Benson congrats on the release, another masterpiece from under your fingers!

Does anyone else have the issue where only the player can kill the raptors? The AI soldiers throw everything they have at them and don't do anything but it only takes like 6 bullets from me to kill it.

You can start a dedicated on your local computer and then join that very server. It's a convenient way of testing stuff as both your server and game uses the same files and the connection is as good as it gets.

MP is not fully supported yet, which doesn't mean it doesn't work though. i see no reason why it shouldn't work. so far i only tested it on local host though. and as mentioned it worked pretty well.

http://i.cubeupload.com/LV6jAV.jpg ;)

i have no server to test on but once we start full MP support i'll try to test dedicated server too as much as i can.

What a great idea !!

Beautiful work on raptors!

They are very credible, I'm a fan!

Continue with your great talent ! :bounce3:

I think a good idea would be to add key bindings for various raptor sounds. That would add a nice tactical dimension to lure silly humans into a trap ;).

Can I recommend a short bow and a bone knife? TUROK!!!

Anyone know of a heavy foliage map for this? That Vietnam one is still missing it's undergrowth :(

Can I recommend a short bow and a bone knife? TUROK!!!

Anyone know of a heavy foliage map for this? That Vietnam one is still missing it's undergrowth :(

N'Ziwasogo.

Agreed with the bow & knife!

hey all, i had done some testing on a dedicated server, and my results are....

The raptors seem to glide and slide around the ground instead of walking... This happened every time i played my mission on a dedicated server. In single player the raptors walked and moved VERY WELL..

I do think the Artemis mod worked better on the server though. In single player the raptors wouldn't hide as fast if you looked at them and saw them... on My Dedi, if i looked their direction and saw them they would immediately crouch and try to slink away behind something... (again though the animations were not working right on the Dedi)...

Other then that i don't really see any other issues.

Also, if your using the vietnam map (@MBG_Nam) and your not getting any undergrowth. its because your not running, @brg_africa.. Brg_africa contains the bushes... I say this only becuase i have and do play on mbg nam all the time.. and i have undergrowth in the forrest's under the trees. Its very hard to see more then 100 meters..

Edited by Lordprimate

N'Ziwasogo.

Agreed with the bow & knife!

N'ziwasogo would be the perfect one !!!!

+1 quote for bow and knife ;)

Great Addon ! Having loads of fun in MP with the artemis AI script and also hunting my human friends.

One suggestion. Can you add some sort of night vision ? At the moment I'm just adding the NVG manually. Bit ugly though.

Adding custom sounds (screeches/howls etc) to scare the humans is great idea.

Edited by Terminus

is anyone else having issues with the Raptors on a Dedi server?? the last few missions i played were all on my dedi server, and i had an issue with the raptors sliding around and not actually running. they would just slide around...

Hi... i really like your package. Teamed up with Artemis and placed in a night mission, it scares like hell.... :D

Are you planning any dead animations ? (Falling to the ground etc.) Currently it looks a bit weird.

Ok, Its keep make AGM, and TFAR crash, when I spawn ur rapter.

Appreciate your work and can't wait to use them on a map like Lingor!

Only thing that came to my mind is that they're out of scale for a velociraptor, anyone else noticed this?

Any chance of doing more wildlife/movie monster mods (think king kong etc.)?

Cheers and keep up the good work!

You should definitely expand this to include bears ;)

Works with AGM for me, the speed of the sprinting is a bit much considering AI get stuck in walls and well it looks like they run through and then they teleport back. Sometimes they seem to walk around instead of attacking as well, we played a coop session with these raptors and for the most part they worked fine, until they started lagging through walls and stuff.

was good fun though

Works with AGM for me,

I was GM in a fun mission where I have saved Raptors in another addon pack as none of the others know that they could see Raptors !!

It was very fun to see and hear when they ran into them the first time lol

We discover, however, a bug.. when you take over a Raptor, one can no longer use the AGM and when the Raptor kill, we can not be relived again.. (AGM?)

But it is a very fun Mod with great potential. good work

The spoken language in the movie is Danish ( Raptor attack from 16:55

I'm using those raptors in this mission. When working on new version noticed one issue: some of the raptors I'm making dead from the beginning via this setDamage 1. Although in editor preview all was OK, in regular gameplay test appeared, all those dead raptors, and only the dead, have no textures (are pale violet).