mcruppert

Jurassic Arma - Raptor Pack

Brilliant! Thanks for sharing. :ok:

Fast and fierce dinos, sluggish and unrelenting zeds, men of valor... I think they make fun combination. Sandbox, anything goes!

New Bug report.

Raptor cause lot of bugs.

TFAR, and AGM disable when I spawn Raptor in Multi play.

hmm, I thought I posted it, but apparently not: there is an issue with locality for the jump attack anim; it is only seen by the raptor who performs the action I think (do you use a switchmove? If so, the effect is local).

the controls are really amazing and it is really interesting to play the raptor gameplay wise, good job!

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

==================================================

You are not registered on Armaholic, or at least not that we are aware of. In the future we offer the possibility to authors to maintain their own pages.

If you wish to be able to do this as well please register on Armaholic and let me know about it.

This is not mandatory at all! Only if you wish to control your own content you are welcome to join, otherwise we will continue to follow your work like we have always done ;)

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

It's a bit of drag to put ratings on all the units but I guess that works

hm. i don't know what to say really. you know you can do it once and then copy pasta, right? the sides in arma are not very modular. putting the raptors on independent side is the most flexible thing we could do. we were dicsussing adding the rating automatically but that kind of doesn't allow all the stuff people might want to do. like having a tame pet raptor that is also liked by your AI friends ;)

Edit: Actually apparently the icon on the left was the attack, sorry didn't notice that!

guys please read the readme. it's all there in a few paragraphs. the vanilla HUD on the top right is pretty obsolete. might try to remove it in the future.

ALERT: Raptors are capable of, and perfectly willing to utilise stairs and doors in order to ambush you. I tested a quick'n' dirty scenario in the editor at Ref. 209072 or thereabouts, at the Airfield Barracks. Outnumbered six to one and the last of my squad, I retreated to a balcony on the Barracks building to see if I could pick off the Raptors from safety. It worked, for half a minute, until one raptor climbed to stairs to maul me. I thought it was alright, I'll just lock down the stairs, it's a chokepoint, I'll be fine, when a raptor opens a door to my side and mauls me to death, having circled around the building, opened a door and gotten inside, climbed to the second floor, and flanked me.

These Raptors are every bit as deadly and cunning as CSAT. I fear for anyone who attempts to resist. The Raptors will win, it is inevitable.

TL;DR: Raptors are highly trained in MOUT tactics. Do not enter an enclosed space with Raptors in the vicinity, they use doors.

fantastic post! great to hear that it all works as expected.

TFAR, and AGM disable when I spawn Raptor in Multi play.

that is not a bug. this addon was designed to work with the base game since that is what the contest judges will use...obviously :rolleyes:. it's called incompatibility of stuff that isn't supposed to work together. you didn't expect us to make it work with each mod available did you?

that being said. this is the very first release with focus on stability and main features. in the future we might look into working better with other mods to some extend.

hmm, I thought I posted it, but apparently not: there is an issue with locality for the jump attack anim; it is only seen by the raptor who performs the action I think (do you use a switchmove? If so, the effect is local).

i realise that. MP is not fully supported yet simply due to time pressure of the contest deadline. i got my custom MP functions ready though. they will probably already be in the next update. thx for the report though. if you can, maybe give some detailed feedback how the sounds behave too.

thx for all the kind words everyone. we worked our asses off to crush all the remaining major bugs the last few days. after a short rest i will start full MP support. and who knows what the further future will bring ;)

Tried it out in the editor. I noticed that while moving, I need to hit the attack button twice (once seems to kinda posture it) for either attack. Is this by design?

Great mod. First time the Rexes took my by surprise, I jumped outta my chair.

Tried it out in the editor. I noticed that while moving, I need to hit the attack button twice (once seems to kinda posture it) for either attack. Is this by design?

Great mod. First time the Rexes took my by surprise, I jumped outta my chair.

It kinda likes that when your weapon is lowered.

It kinda likes that when your weapon is lowered.

Ya, it is.

The other thing I forgot to mention is that the endurance of the Rex while sprinting seems low to me. A suggestion I'd like to make is increase it.

things like that might change in the future based on detailed MP testing so we can kind of balance it all properly. right now it is indeed based on the default anim setup which only aloows firing in slower paces and will after the first click switch to those instead of firing. lowered weapon is a possible cuase too, yes.

Ya, it is.

The other thing I forgot to mention is that the endurance of the Rex while sprinting seems low to me. A suggestion I'd like to make is increase it.

same as above. fatigue values same as anim speed might change in the future if deemed necessary to provide proper PvP balancing. this might result in more fatigue and not less depending on the test results :p

I can't wait to see these on some survival mission...I seen a guy posting a mod with dinosaurs on the Armaholic page !!! Maybe you both could cooperate to create an unique mod with your work. Man that could be the winner of Make Arma Not War contest, no joke.....it would be so amazing !!! You could start with a mission where you have to rescue survivors on a map like N'ziwasogo...and I'm just making an example I would love to see !!!!!!! ;)

Congratulation for such a magnificent work !!!!!

So, for anyone, who want to try this beauty with Artemis, here is, in the new shape, modernized and tailored to work well with this fantastic raptors. :)

Most awesome! It should receive some final polish and make it's way into an official flawless addon (with credits and money to the developers).

It's amazing how this mod can be funny (reminds me of the Jurassic Park mod in OFP, which i still play sometimes), while the paid Helicopter DLC is so boring for me (don't really like helicopter simulations though:) ).

Great mod, thanks. Can't wait to see other dinosaur types.

Brilliant! Thanks for sharing. :ok:

Fast and fierce dinos, sluggish and unrelenting zeds, men of valor... I think they make fun combination. Sandbox, anything goes!

Sorry for the off-topic but is there any info how to get zombie units from BP into the editor? I've been looking for something like Charon's Undead Mod for a long time.

I have to chime in here, and say thank you. this is a GREAT addition to ARMA 3. the last 24 hrs my house has been filled with screams of surprise and fear being hunted and killed by these with Artemis. in the jungle island of N'ziwasogo, they are at home... Happy hunting...

Any plans on making them function with ALiVE?

Having some trouble with AI dino's within a mission I'm building. I set a trigger to spawn an AI raptor. But, after it spawns, it doesn't really move or do anything else. I then used - Independent setfriend [West, 0], and the rex will posture and attack, but in a stationary position. It simply won't chase and attack me (as a bluefor, NATO player unit). If I use a waypoint, like search and destroy, it will move around and attack randomly, but still doesn't chase or attack me, and eventually just fucks off.

Any advice?

Having some trouble with AI dino's within a mission I'm building. I set a trigger to spawn an AI raptor. But, after it spawns, it doesn't really move or do anything else. I then used - Independent setfriend [West, 0], and the rex will posture and attack, but in a stationary position. It simply won't chase and attack me (as a bluefor, NATO player unit). If I use a waypoint, like search and destroy, it will move around and attack randomly, but still doesn't chase or attack me, and eventually just fucks off.

Any advice?

You should try Rydygier's Artemis addon.

Any advice?

you shouldn't even see the t-rex in the editor. i think it isn't even in the files. you might have an old version. about the raptor. it should work just fine. i played a test yesterday with a friend and was spawning a shitload of the raptors manually in MP and every single one of them worked as expected eventhough i was spamming them.

please make sure you use the right class names. there are player and AI raptors as can be seen in the editor and is mentioned in the readme...

and again. if you see the t-rex in the editor then you have a version from june which probably doesn't even have an AI routine. ruppert accidently uploaded an old version to steam the first time. so please make sure to update.

You should try Rydygier's Artemis addon.

the AI works just fine. we appreciate Rydygier's efforts and welcome them even but please don't suggest his AI as a fix for our AI being broken. it's not.

try this code to spawn a raptor via mapclick: onmapsingleclick "createcenter east; _grp = creategroup east; _unit = _grp createUnit ['Raptor2', _pos, [], 0, 'none'];" .....just tested

alternatively you can use this in a script: _ce = createcenter east; _grp = creategroup east; _unit = _grp createUnit ['Raptor2', _pos, [], 0, 'none']; ....also just tested

in both cases createcenter is not always needed. depends if opfor units are alrady present. can't hurt to have it though i think.

waypoints were only tested briefly by ruppert. not sure how AI behaves on the way to a waypoint. after reaching it it should work like normal though.

Edited by Bad Benson

the AI works just fine. we appreciate Rydygier's efforts and welcome them even but please don't suggest his AI as a fix for our AI being broken. it's not.

Keep cool, i wasn't implying your AI is broken, just suggesting a nice addon coming along with yours :rolleyes:

Does the AI work against player on a Dedicated server? Will there be any issues you think?

MP is not fully supported yet, which doesn't mean it doesn't work though. i see no reason why it shouldn't work. so far i only tested it on local host though. and as mentioned it worked pretty well.

http://i.cubeupload.com/LV6jAV.jpg ;)

i have no server to test on but once we start full MP support i'll try to test dedicated server too as much as i can.

Sorry guys i m not sure if this one has been answered before (i havent got the time to read all pages)

In demo SP mission i found very easy to kill the raptors.

Literally 1 shot them with 6.5

I m not sure if that would have being SO easy /trying to speculate damage under *real circumstances

you shouldn't even see the t-rex in the editor. i think it isn't even in the files. you might have an old version. about the raptor. it should work just fine. i played a test yesterday with a friend and was spawning a shitload of the raptors manually in MP and every single one of them worked as expected eventhough i was spamming them.

please make sure you use the right class names. there are player and AI raptors as can be seen in the editor and is mentioned in the readme...

and again. if you see the t-rex in the editor then you have a version from june which probably doesn't even have an AI routine. ruppert accidently uploaded an old version to steam the first time. so please make sure to update.

Rex was a typo. I meant raptor, ;)

I guess I was using the wrong class names (raptorM, raptorF1). I just tried raptor2 and everything seems to be working as it should. No need for WP's or to set side affiliations. Thanks.

Couldn't find all the class names though. Are you able to show me where I can find them? I didn't see a readme with the DL.

Thanks again, dood.

Edited by SG_Smokintodd

Sorry guys i m not sure if this one has been answered before (i havent got the time to read all pages)

In demo SP mission i found very easy to kill the raptors.

Literally 1 shot them with 6.5

I m not sure if that would have being SO easy /trying to speculate damage under *real circumstances

Hi GiorgyGR!

i think you are in the wrong thread here because there is no mission in our release (we just made a playable raptor)

the mod you are talking about has his own raptor and mission http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?173650-Reign-Of-Jurassic-Mod

Edited by McRuppert