mcruppert

Jurassic Arma - Raptor Pack

Haha, great work guys! This really is one of my favorite projects to get updates on. The videos are just great. Congrats on the release, and best of luck in the competition!

All right, thanks. :)

You mean creating an agent? I'll try, how it works. It's basically about a raptor, that properly reacts on AI scripting commands, like basic doMove etc, but does nothing by itself, maybe except idle anims.

EDIT: nope, seems raptor created as agent does not respond to doMove. BTW also tried just like that, me opfor and one AI raptor. It following me with the look, but doesn't attack/run towards me (not sure, if should though). If close enough, often attacked me, sometimes - not. Reacts on doMove however.

well agents don't respond to doMove in general afaik. they only respond to moveTo. that's how it was in arma always. nothing specific of this addon. spawn just a non AI raptor as a unit. that will respond to doMove. after all taht is what my custom AI routine is doing.

about the slow or non reaction fo AI raptors. i think i just fixed that. sadly i can't reach Ruppert atm so he can update...would be good for the contest too :/.

for details on the AI read the readme. basically they use 180° FOV. so you can sneak very close behind them which can be quite tense ;)

well agents don't respond to doMove in general afaik. they only respond to moveTo. that's how it was in arma always.

I see, never had need to use them before. But only now I understood, there are actually "AI" and non-AI versions in editor (didn't noticed) - nothing more I need :) . Problem with not moving/attacking was occuring for non-AI, so probably false alarm...

Would be nice to have dino's on the other factions too, so that you can play NATO and still have AI kill ya. Looks good!

I believe it's also a good idea to differ the names of the attacks, one is just a swipe another is the jump attack. It's a bit confusing

Edited by Oksman

Would be nice to have dino's on the other factions too, so that you can play NATO and still have AI kill ya. Looks good!
group them to an opfor unit with 0% probability of presents.

you can also use "addrating".

I see, never had need to use them before. But only now I understood, there are actually "AI" and non-AI versions in editor (didn't noticed) - nothing more I need :) . Problem with not moving/attacking was occuring for non-AI, so probably false alarm...

well yea lol. the setup is a little weird. needs some clean up. i will make the AI routine cancel, if the raptor is player controlled in the next update. i see now how the setup is confusing. that way it would be like vanilla units.

>>> AI - HOT FIX <<<<

this should make the raptors react much faster/instantly when they spot you. this version will soon be on steam too as soon as i reach Ruppert...

DOWNLOAD-->> https://www.sendspace.com/file/tl7ofa

I try to make its faction to Op-for.

but its keep fail.

class cfgFactionClasses {

class Dinos {

displayName = "Dinosaurs";

priority = 2;

side = 2;

icon = "\Rup_Dinosaurs\Data\All\Icon.paa";

keep show up on Bufor (1;)

class Dinos {

priority = 2;

side = TCivilian;

};

and this is first Vanila Script that Rup make.

Edited by acta13

It's a bit of drag to put ratings on all the units but I guess that works, how about the names of the attacks? Could one be called Jump Attack and the other Swipe Attack or something more describing or more importantly different so you see which one you got selected :)?

Played around with them and AI seems to notice me when I fire at them, fun thing to have in TVT and night operations!

Edit: Actually apparently the icon on the left was the attack, sorry didn't notice that!

What a crazy mod! Congratulations and thanks for sharing.

i will make the AI routine cancel, if the raptor is player controlled in the next update.

But please, leave also some possibility to disable AI for non-player raptors or leave those non-AI available. :)

Great work! I always like when wacky stuff like this is added to Arma. It got me thinking: would it be possible to create well animated bipedal mechs, currently the biggest problem are the animations and the fact that mechs do not keep vertical when standing on a slope.

How can I make user Raptor jump and jump attack?

Space to jump. F like the fire selector and you see the lower left icon change. You can't attack while you're doing the space jump.

This is really well made, I absolutely love it! I can't wait to see what dinosaurs to decide to add next!

Release frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

==================================================

You are not registered on Armaholic, or at least not that we are aware of. In the future we offer the possibility to authors to maintain their own pages.

If you wish to be able to do this as well please register on Armaholic and let me know about it.

This is not mandatory at all! Only if you wish to control your own content you are welcome to join, otherwise we will continue to follow your work like we have always done ;)

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

so theres a new version now online!

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=332909923

changelog:

-You find the raptor now under resistance => Dinosaurs

-AI minor fixes and improvements

-Sunglasses now hidden :D

-Guy cant shoot anymore when getting mauled

-Texture/UV fixes

-HUD : the 2 different weapon types have now different symbol color

-Raptor is know tagged as "unknown" when spottet by soldier

I try to make its faction to Op-for.

but its keep fail.

class Dinos {

priority = 2;

side = 2;

keep show up on Bufor (1;)

class Dinos {

priority = 2;

side = TCivilian;

};

and this is first Vanila Script that Rup make.

You have to change just:

class Dinos {

priority = 2;

side = 0;

};

and in cfgpatches

requiredAddons[] = "A3_Characters_F_BLUFOR" into "A3_Characters_F_OPFOR"

this worked for me and now they are opfor so i can spawn them with BIS_fnc_spawnenemy and using FIA units which are good for dinosaurus survival stile

just a little heads up on the AI.

i now added reaction to gunshots and hearing in general. it's basically doing it exactly like vanilla AI using "knowsabout" (silly me forgot to add taht to the detection conditions :o). this will also improve overall detection of the raptor and function as kind of a fail safe.

the AI has now also an overall increased radius it functions in (400 m). outside of that radius detection is not working. this will save performacne and should be enough.

But please, leave also some possibility to disable AI for non-player raptors or leave those non-AI available. :)

the player raptors now function like nromal AI again while the AI raptors (under "AI only" in the editor) still only use my custom FSM. this should cover all needs now for any third party AI adventures :)

Wondering if you could make a T-rex that could attack vehicles? And what are the plans for the future?

ALERT: Raptors are capable of, and perfectly willing to utilise stairs and doors in order to ambush you. I tested a quick'n' dirty scenario in the editor at Ref. 209072 or thereabouts, at the Airfield Barracks. Outnumbered six to one and the last of my squad, I retreated to a balcony on the Barracks building to see if I could pick off the Raptors from safety. It worked, for half a minute, until one raptor climbed to stairs to maul me. I thought it was alright, I'll just lock down the stairs, it's a chokepoint, I'll be fine, when a raptor opens a door to my side and mauls me to death, having circled around the building, opened a door and gotten inside, climbed to the second floor, and flanked me.

These Raptors are every bit as deadly and cunning as CSAT. I fear for anyone who attempts to resist. The Raptors will win, it is inevitable.

TL;DR: Raptors are highly trained in MOUT tactics. Do not enter an enclosed space with Raptors in the vicinity, they use doors.

Edited by RiskPickles
Added TL;DR

Had a quick play with this on version 1.0, not had a chance to check the most recent patches (might be worth editing your first page with DL links and a change log). I had a quick skim through the files and looks like they have some nice sounds in there but I've not heard them be very vocal. Maybe hard code some bits for knowsabout = plays sound etc or scream if within x range of the player, just something to heighten the fear factor a bit. Would love to also hear some of the trade mark noises that were in your jungle video.

Edit: Awesome work so far :)

Edited by Cyruz

TL;DR: Raptors are highly trained in MOUT tactics. Do not enter an enclosed space with Raptors in the vicinity, they use doors.

Yup, they are smart (even if some snakes used to manage to open doors, dunno if they still do that...)