ImperialAlex

"Fixed" Arsenal - an Arsenal-improving workaround

Oh, I see - didn't read that carefully enough. Yeah, that's exactly what you should be doing...

How does it "not work" for you? I.e. what do you expect to happen (I assume you expect a box without any action on it but there's still an old action?)

It suppose to remove items and add new items. But it does that only on the first load (when there are no virtual items added), on the next reset none of the items are removed and none of the new added (basicly nothing happens).

It suppose to remove items and add new items. But it does that only on the first load (when there are no virtual items added), on the next reset none of the items are removed and none of the new added (basicly nothing happens).

I just realized what's happening here. Thanks for your report! It's really a bug :( Not really in the add/remove functions but in the fact that I didn't think about people changing the virtualCargo after an ammobox has been initialized. The fix should be relatively straight forward (set _data variable of the ammobox to nil after every call to add/remove cargo/blacklist). I'll try to get that fix release tomorrow.

Could someone show me an example how to set up the force-replacements for TFAR?

The release also introduces the ability to define lists of "force-replacements", i.e. items that should be replaced with another specified item when the user first opens the arsenal (mostly intended for TFAR/ACRE radios).

I use this code for generating an Array of radios to replace with the standard tfar radio, so the server gives the player the correct one.

_replace =[];
for "_i" from 1 to 99 step 1 do {
   	_line = [format["tf_anprc152_%1",_i],"tf_anprc152"];
   	_replace pushBack _line;
   };

_addActionText = "<t color='#F2FF00'>Open Arsenal";
["AmmoboxInit",[_ammoBox,false,{true},_addActionText,false,_replace]] call xla_fnc_arsenal;

I use this code for generating an Array of radios to replace with the standard tfar radio, so the server gives the player the correct one.

_replace =[];
for "_i" from 1 to 99 step 1 do {
   	_line = [format["tf_anprc152_%1",_i],"tf_anprc152"];
   	_replace pushBack _line;
   };

_addActionText = "<t color='#F2FF00'>Open Arsenal";
["AmmoboxInit",[_ammoBox,false,{true},_addActionText,false,_replace]] call xla_fnc_arsenal;

Thx :)

I tried your script and it works when you open the arsenal and add gear manually. Is there anyway to get it to work when you load a saved kit?

Right now I get a "tf_anprc152_X is not whitelisted...". and if I add:

for "_x" from 0 to 512 step 1 do { _tfarItems = _tfarItems+ ["tf_anprc152_" + str _x , "tf_rf7800str_" + str _x]};

to whitelist them I end up with the unique radio I saved in the kit, not a new one, which might create the scenario with two players with the same radio_id

Sorry, I haven't added the force-replace to the "load" yet. It's going to be in the next minor update :)

EDIT: I should also probably mention that the code he's using isn't actually sufficient. TFAR id's range from 1 through 999 so going to 99 won't do much good after the first 99 arsenal accesses (each arsenal access increases the id).

Oh, and for slightly higher performance, you might want to resize the array to 999 at the beginning rather than forcing the system to constantly re-size it on-the-fly.

Have a look at this sample script: XLA_arsenal_3CB.sqf (That one could probably also be improved a bit by making it two loops so that locality on the array accesses is a bit better)

Edited by ImperialAlex

Updated mod v3.1.0 available at withSIX. Download now by clicking:

banner-420x120.png

Hey Alexander (ImperialAlex) , you can upload updates or new mods to withSIX yourself now!

Make your own promo page, get the power to release your work at your own point of choosing.

To learn more, follow this guide.

....aaand because I wasn't careful I left some debug output active. 3.1.1 coming in now :)

I don't want to say anything special, but I just want to tell you...thanks for the mod and the work.

I use it togehter with the Specialized Arsenal script and it just helps keeping all these Ghuille Suited, MG, Antitank guys away! ^^

Is there an way to use your whitelist arsenal and access insignia's?

Not currently. Just like the default vanilla arsenal you loose access to voice and insignia when you go to 'whitelisting' mode. It's already on my to-do list but, unless a major game update breaks something, the next update is still a few months out.

Hey, 
its a long time ago since something happened here. So I'm just asking: Any plans for the near future? :rolleyes: 

Many Greetings
Moony 

I remember in an earlier version we were able to load loadouts that contained items that we weren't running. The selection would be blue I think and it would tell us what we were missing. Would it be possible to get this feature readded?

• Like 2

I'd like that back too please :-) Useful for Mid week ops where we have to do our own loadouts, but may be restricted on mods available vs. standard Public repo.

I.e. my loudout might include the DAGR from ace, preventing me from using my otherwise perfect kit-out.

SJ

• Like 1

Hi,

first I want to thank you for this improvement - great work!

Sadly, after the last 1.54 patch, bipods doesn`t work after loading my profiles in XLA Fixed Arsenal...

They are shown in, but when attached on weapon, and leave Arsenal, there is no animation for fold out bipods!

I tested all mods out: its caused by XLA Fixed Arsenal!

Hi,

first I want to thank you for this improvement - great work!

Sadly, after the last 1.54 patch, bipods doesn`t work after loading my profiles in XLA Fixed Arsenal...

They are shown in, but when attached on weapon, and leave Arsenal, there is no animation for fold out bipods!

I tested all mods out: its caused by XLA Fixed Arsenal!

Very strange, the same is reported on the ACE3 Thread!!

Just to keep you guys updated, Alex is currently working on correcting the issues caused by the latest patch.

Very strange, the same is reported on the ACE3 Thread!!

Yes - checked it again: Its an ACE problem - SORRY!

Just to keep you guys updated, Alex is currently working on correcting the issues caused by the latest patch.

Thanks for keeping people updated :) The issues we experienced turned out to be unrelated to the actual "addon" part and instead seemed to have something to do with mission initialization being a bit unreliable. If you're using a complex whitelisting script, I recommend adding a simple sleep 10; at the beginning.

On github you can find the current "development" version that has all the tiny changes that were made to the vanilla arsenal between 1.42-vanilla-arsenal and 1.54-vanilla-arsenal. Since all those changes seemed fairly unimportant no update is currently planned. From my point of view the mod currently does the job required for our community with any issues we currently have being caused by/fixable by changing the whitelisting script rather than the addon. There are still a few items on the "feature wishlist" but unless it gets broken by a game update I'm considering this mod "completed" for now. If you feel like there's some critical feature missing then please feel free to fork the repo (or Push-request/ask for write permission) :)

I remember in an earlier version we were able to load loadouts that contained items that we weren't running. The selection would be blue I think and it would tell us what we were missing. Would it be possible to get this feature readded?

I would also love to have this feature back, its the main reason our community switched to XLA arsenal.

• Like 1

I would also love to have this feature back, its the main reason our community switched to XLA arsenal.

The colouring has been removed because the tiny bit of UI improvement just wasn't worth the large performance hit (checking every item in every loadout). However, the underlying feature is still there, you'll just get a message when loading your loadout that says "item X not found".

Currently investigating https://github.com/ImperialAlex/XLA_FixedArsenal/issues/32to check if this still works after the eden update. (EDIT: Yes, still works)