ImperialAlex

"Fixed" Arsenal - an Arsenal-improving workaround

I've released a small patch:

@XLA_FixedArsenal v2.0.3

The new update fixes the behaviour of the "%ALL" tag, also (hopefully) improves handling of composite weapons.

I've also had time to write some documentation which describes more advanced use cases: https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/User:ImperialAlex/FixedArsenal

The next "real" release (i.e. new features) will probably take another few weeks/month+, I want to wait and see what the marskman DLC brings and how that affects the arsenal.

so is this more 'liberating' or more 'restrictive' to the player?

Sorry, what do you mean? If this is specific to the new patch, there's nothing really changing, it's just some advanced (previously undocumented) features that are now working correctly.

If you mean the entire mod: My mod is just a slightly "pimped" version of the vanilla arsenal. It's not one of these "arsenal everywhere" things. It's simply a more refined version of the arsenal that gives mission makes easier ways to control things.

This is intended to be used mostly in the arsenal's "restricted/whitelisted" mode, however it is considerably easier to work with than the vanilla arsenal's "restrictive" mode since whitelisting means that having a non-whitelisted item in an outfitisn't as big a deal as it is in vanilla.

Updated version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

I get the following error:

DSEnpUj.jpg

Any idea which call must be changed?

I get the following error:

http://i.imgur.com/DSEnpUj.jpg

Any idea which call must be changed?

Oopsies. Is that in my sample mission? I thought I fixed that in there...maybe I missed one.

You (or I, if it's my sample mission) have an error in the arsenal function call.

If it's the AmmoboxInit variety, it should look something like this:

["AmmoboxInit",[this,true,{true},"<t color='#45B6EA'>Open Arsenal")]] spawn xla_fnc_arsenal;

See how their's an entry {true}? That's because the addAction condition needs to be 'code' (i.e. {true}) rather than a value of type bool

You can find documentation on all these parameters in the function call here:

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/User:ImperialAlex/FixedArsenal#Restricted_Arsenal

Oopsies. Is that in my sample mission? I thought I fixed that in there...maybe I missed one.

Yes, in sampleCUSTOM:

_addActionText = "<t color='#45B6EA'>Open Armoury (CUSTOM)";

["AmmoboxInit",[_box,false,true,_addActionText,false]] spawn XLA_fnc_arsenal;

Thanks for the quick help.

Yes, in sampleCUSTOM:

Thanks for the quick help.

Thank you for finding that bug :)

Is it possible Fixed Arsenal needs an Update now after Marksman DLC?

Bipods wont appear and strangely enough M14 works but the new Machine Guns wont.

Edit: Custom Whitelist is what I am using only.

Edited by nomisum

Is it possible Fixed Arsenal needs an Update now after Marksman DLC?

Bipods wont appear and strangely enough M14 works but the new Machine Guns wont.

Edit: Custom Whitelist is what I am using only.

Yes, it most definitively will :) I'm currently still on holidays, but I'll be back on sunday and try to get an update out ASAP.

Thats great to hear. Thanks a lot :) This mod has already become essential for our main TvT mission :)

Edit: Btw is it possible to make TFAR radios loadable? Currently every time a player opens the fixed arsenal, the radio gets instantly removed and thus all set frequencies are gone with the wind too.

Edited by nomisum

Thats great to hear. Thanks a lot :) This mod has already become essential for our main TvT mission :)

Thanks, nice to hear it's getting used!

Edit: Btw is it possible to make TFAR radios loadable? Currently every time a player opens the fixed arsenal, the radio gets instantly removed and thus all set frequencies are gone with the wind too.

It's possible to allow it, however you need to be aware of the associated issues with non-unique radio ID's.

If you know what you're doing and want to accept that risk, you can 'simply' add all the tfar_anprc155_123 style classnames to your whitelist.

It'll add a couple thousand entries to your whitelist (not great for performance ;) ) but it should work.

If you don't want to manually type thousands of entries, there's an old script in the earlier pages of this thread that will generate the classnames (trivial sqf for loop).

The next 'real' release (i.e. after 1.42-compat.) will stop removing radios and instead replace them with baseclass classnames (or, rather, introduce a way for people to define such overrides). This will probably be what most people want, however it'll still cause the frequencies to reset.

New release:

https://github.com/ImperialAlex/XLA_FixedArsenal/releases/download/v2.1.0/XLA_FixedArsenal_v2.1.0.zip

• Support for #bipods (merged 1.42 vanilla improvments)
  • Fix small error in sample mission
  • additional optional parameter for xla_fnc_removeVirtual... functions

For more details, see the github release post.

Updated version frontpaged on the Armaholic homepage.

================================================

We have also "connected" these pages to your account on Armaholic.

This means in the future you will be able to maintain these pages yourself if you wish to do so. Once this new feature is ready we will contact you about it and explain how things work and what options you have.

When you have any questions already feel free to PM or email me!

Updated mod v2.1.0 available at withSIX.

Thanks for updating! I totally forgot that I can now use the website to submit updates, I'll do that for the next version :)

@author are u aware of the random button hack? Im not sure if bis has fixed it yet, but when using whitelist system the player can use the random button to get scopes that shouldnt be available. If this is still the case can u fix it?

@author are u aware of the random button hack? Im not sure if bis has fixed it yet, but when using whitelist system the player can use the random button to get scopes that shouldnt be available. If this is still the case can u fix it?

That's a bit annoying, I'll look into fixing that but it's going to be lower priority until the performance update and a few other features are completed.

You'll be able to follow the progress (if any) with that issue here: https://github.com/ImperialAlex/XLA_FixedArsenal/issues/19

I'm currently working on a way to make the arsenal perform MUCH faster in whitelisted mode. Somebody made a rather clever comment that, in hindsight, is so obviously better that I'm surprised it wasn't done that way in the vanilla arsenal in the first place.

Opening the "LOAD/SAVE" dialogue will still have some serious delay (depending on the number of loadouts you have and the length of your whitelist) but general arsenal actions (i.e. selecting guns, switching uniforms, etc) should no longer suffer from delays.

I just tried it, seems it has been fixed in the patch unless it was a bug that i couldnt reproduce. Lookin forward to the next update for better performance

Mmmm....I can't seem to make work the "not whitelisting equipped items". This is my line (more or less, I also use the whitelisting functions)

["AmmoboxInit",[_ammoBox,false,{true},"Abrir Arsenal",false]] spawn xla_fnc_arsenal;

Using the feature is pretty simple, so I do not know what I may be doing wrong.