Sign in to follow this  
leob

Occupying building positions (2014)

Hi guys, I found some really old threads related to this issue.

So I thought there might be some new commands /ways to solve this issue, plus, I got some questions on it.

1. I know I will need the actual building ID (from the Editor) and the buildingPos together with setPosATL command.

2. Will the building ID suffice to actually "return" an object in the code?

So like this "buildingID" buildingPos 3 for example.

3. Since there's the new Site Module I wondered if someone already had a look into the code and maybe knows of a new way to occupy bulding positions, especially because I read of some problems with soldiers in buildings in the old threads.

Ok bye

3. Since there's the new Site Module I wondered if someone already had a look into the code and maybe knows of a new way to occupy bulding positions, especially because I read of some problems with soldiers in buildings in the old threads.

The Site Modules only work with Military buildings. They are pretty insane, as in they don't calculate the building positions on the fly but rather contain long stacked arrays for each possible mil-building class, containing the relative position and direction for a unit to be placed.

Last time I tried them in Multiplayer they didn't really work, but that was a few patches ago.

Here's my function to collect all positions of a building, in case it helps.

I'll delve into it, thanks.