Sign in to follow this  
leob

doStop and character randomization

Hello, there are 2 problems I came across and was wondering how to solve them.

1. When arranging infantry groups at mission start (to make them face their leader for example) I use

doStop or commandStop so the men are facing the direction I placed them in the editor. (Setting the Special option to NONE in the editor field doesn't do the trick here)

However, which command do you use to make the units follow their leader as usual back again?

2. I can remember that their was once a hint in an BI official OPREP or sth., that you can turn off character goggle and headgear randomization with the simple removeGoggles command (for guerrilla units especially).

However when I import a unit outfit(with Arsenal) and place it in the init field of a particular unit and additionally use setIdentity (with the same goggles and headgear), their heads still get randomized. So is there a workaround/command that helps me here except using a trigger after mission start and executing a script to adjust their headgear and goggles?

Thanks in advance

doFollow or doMove may help.

// . . .  doStop stuff . . . //

waitUntil { someCondition };
{
   _x doFollow ( leader ( group _x ));
} forEach ( units myGrp );

Disable random headgear and goggles.

{
   _x setVariable ["Bis_enableRandomization",false];
} forEach allUnits;

Edited by Iceman77

I recall commandFollow having some issues sometimes, just use joinSilent and they'll all start following again.

Thanks guys, I'll go with the joinSilent for units to regroup again.

I didn't find the enableRandomization function yet, but if you say there's one ill check all functions for some similar entry.

Why do you need to look for a "similar" entry? Why don't you just use _unit setVariable ["Bis_enableRandomization",false] :confused:

Nevermind, I was looking for a function due to BIS_..., but it's a command...:rolleyes: