Sign in to follow this  
oryang

Glitches and crashes running the game

Hey I've got a problem when running Arma 3. Simple things like a squad on squad editor battle, I can run fine. But when it comes to playing campaign missions, showcases, large-scale editor battles, or multiplayer, the game will glitch out in a few minutes then crash. I've recently had to downgrade my PC, and it now runs on 32-bit OS (3.3 gigs of RAM at most), GTS450 GPU, and i5 760 2.8Ghz CPU. But people run Arma 3 on 32-bit too, so I'm wondering what the problem with my PC is. Also, if any of you can tell me how to minimize Arma 3's memory/CPU usage, that would be great, too. Thanks!

You can add the -maxMem parameter to your startup line and put -maxmem=1536 or something. When A3 was released I was still running Win 7 32bit and had lots of issues... upgrading to 64bit (and adding more RAM) solved a lot of them for me.

https://community.bistudio.com/wiki/Arma_3_Startup_Parameters

No joy, SavageCDN. I opened Arma3.cfg and typed in maxMem=1536 but it didn't improve anything. Did I do that right?

Try adding it to your startup line instead of the .cfg file.

Choose the game shortcut in Library

Right click on the game

Select properties

Hit "Set launch options"

add this:

-maxMem=1536 -noSplash -world=empty -skipIntro

I copied that code verbatim and added it to properties. Still no luck. Any other tricks that might help?

Hmmm.... you could try deleting and re-installing A3 then re-apply those startup params. Otherwise it's hard to say where the problem lies.. you can also send your RPT and crash dump files to the A3 feedback tracker for further investigation.

http://feedback.arma3.com

http://feedback.arma3.com/how-to-user.html

I apologize for posting here, but I cannot yet make a new thread of my own, but your title is broad enough to put my problem here.

I can't start any epochmod servers. When I try to join one, it loads up just fine to the slot select screen. After choosing a slot, it loads me into the game, but as soon as it does, I get a white screen, and it just stays there.

I apologize for posting here, but I cannot yet make a new thread of my own, but your title is broad enough to put my problem here.

I can't start any epochmod servers. When I try to join one, it loads up just fine to the slot select screen. After choosing a slot, it loads me into the game, but as soon as it does, I get a white screen, and it just stays there.

Did you try verifying the game files and remove any other addons?

Sorry.

So far, i've verified game cache, uninstalled, reinstalled the game and the epoch mod. Still getting the white screen only on epoch servers. Can't post on epoch forum... help...