Sign in to follow this  
kalthramis

Server not responding when friends try to join

For the longest time (as in, several months), I haven't been able to play games with friends because when we try to join each other's games from our steam friend's list, it says "server not responding." This didn't happen in Alpha, Beta, or for the first few months of release.

For a little while we were able to type in each other's ip's and join, but now we can't even do that.

I've reinstalled windows 7 AND Arma 3 since these troubles have arisen, so it's a problem with the game, not my system.

Well you do now :) If your router has a DMZ option you could test with that to see if it works.. although this leaves your PC without any firewall other than the built-in Windows one.

FOR ARMA 3 (might work for others idk)

For me I fixed this problem by firstly adding the ports as u do normally on both router + firewall (Is ofc important)

secondly iam on windows 8.1

I went to control panel>system and sercurity>Windows firewall (allowed an app through Windows firewall)

arma has 3.exe applications arma3battleye,arma3launcher and IMPORTANTLY arma3server which for me was not default enabled/allowed on windows firewall

To add arma3server click change settings>allow another app search for ur arma3server.exe and add it to the lists make sure to tick both private and public boxes

this fixed problem for after i had tired everything recommended so i hope i can help you   :)

oh and having to make an account to post almost put me off idea of posting my fix  ;p 

regards 

sprinkleslol