takus

Legal violations by A3L: Arma 3 life

Man I've been waiting 3 days to get my application accepted and now you guys are trying to get the game destroyed. I don't understand why anybody cares, if some of these people really wanna pay money to get an advantage in an otherwise free game then thats their problem. Even if they did use models from other games and stuff I dont see why it matters when the mod is still technically free. I mean I was playin altis life earlier today and it was askin me to donate the whole time. The point is that it can be completely free if you want it to be so who cares. You guys might see this as you taking down some evil group of thieves but I see it as a bunch of jerks taking away a game experience I was extremely excited about and spent a lot of time filling out an application for. =(

Leave this thread, you have no place to comment, especially if you are going to be as naive as that.

theyre making me money because people want to give it to them, its not like A3L is a carbon copy of altis life, it may use pieces of a bunch of things but ya'll are acting like these guys are taking altis life, slapping a 30 dollar price tag on it, and selling it to unaware consumers. It's an improvement on altis life and it can be played for free. People are aware of this.

Man I've been waiting 3 days to get my application accepted and now you guys are trying to get the game destroyed. I don't understand why anybody cares, if some of these people really wanna pay money to get an advantage in an otherwise free game then thats their problem. Even if they did use models from other games and stuff I dont see why it matters when the mod is still technically free. I mean I was playin altis life earlier today and it was askin me to donate the whole time. The point is that it can be completely free if you want it to be so who cares. You guys might see this as you taking down some evil group of thieves but I see it as a bunch of jerks taking away a game experience I was extremely excited about and spent a lot of time filling out an application for. =(

If the people at A3L had asked for permission to use the content they have currently then everything could have been fine. Instead they decided to take other peoples hard work without permission and profit from it. Legally that is unacceptable, even if you feel people are being jerks for trying to get it shut down (i.e most people in this thread, probably Bohemia Interactive and other companies such as PayPal and possibly more who are currently watching this and taking action etc) Then that's your own opinion, but your opinion won't change that fact as the LAW is the law. There is no point in changing something that works. Also the people in this thread working to shut it down could be saving a lot of people from losing money from this here's some examples. The people who donated to A3L. Youtubers who covered the mod. Companies such as BI or PayPal etc. I hope this clears up the issues you have with it as its something that needs to be more understood.

Edited by deltagamer

grow up or leave.

Wow now Steven is trying to banish me for giving my two cents from the consumer perspective. great

Like I said, its only pay if you want to. Ive never spent a dime on it. Altis Life servers also have pay features so whats the difference when that game is a mod of arma 3

Is it me or you failed to understand (or care about) what Andersson just explained to you?

grow up or leave.

Grow up? In what way did I show immaturity. I offered I new perspective that none of you are recognizing and just letting it be known that this game is free to play.

---------- Post added at 15:51 ---------- Previous post was at 15:50 ----------

Is it me or you failed to understand (or care about) what Andersson just explained to you?

I wasnt replying to Anderson, just posting another thought

We should just drop it all, never mind how long all the mod authors spent developing their content to have it used illegally and without permission. I mean, he spent ages on the application after all.

sounds more like a bunch of people with nothing better to do than destroy a young mans dream of filling out a 15 question application form and passing an interview to play a game about real life instead of actually doing anything in real life. kinda like you guys but with game playing instead of legal action.

---------- Post added at 15:57 ---------- Previous post was at 15:56 ----------

We should just drop it all, never mind how long all the mod authors spent developing their content to have it used illegally and without permission. I mean, he spent ages on the application after all.

why doesnt tonic just make his mod more like A3L so I can play it. look I dont care where or who its comin from, I just want to play a game thats like this.

wow, just because it took 3 days for you to write an application and an gamemode which you like means we should stop reporting them? go cry anywhere. we wont stop until A3:Life is completly shutdown. they steal other work and earn money from it, even if your application took 1 year, even if you would marry A3:Life because you like it, we dont care. fact is they steal other work, fact is they earn money with stolen content.

why doesnt tonic just make his mod more like A3L so I can play it. look I dont care where or who its comin from, I just want to play a game thats like this.

It doesn't matter that you do not care. It matters that others do care.

You are acting like a victim. Please take a moment and consider this a little more sensibly, a little less self centred, and give a thought to who the actual victims are.

Edited by ACyprus

lol...

What have we done?! Because of us you filled a question application (Why the fuck you need to do that to play a game, that is beyond me...) for nothing!

And all that because we ask for the minimum respect from people using years of work made by others - seriously, what kinda joke are we all? :D

like I said, why doesnt Tonic make his mod more like A3L. Id rather play a Tonic made A3L than a sketchy, never know when its gonna get shut down, A3L

like I said, why doesnt Tonic make his mod more like A3L. Id rather play a Tonic made A3L than a sketchy, never know when its gonna get shut down, A3L

tonic does not make his mod more like A3:L because he is not a stealer. if his mod would be more like A3:L, it would include alot of stolen content.

and it is up to tonic what he makes with this mod (as long as it is legal)

So it is up to somebody else to do all the work just so YOU can play a game?

That sounds a little like the A3L team, except substitute "play" with "sell".

tonic does not make his mod more like A3:L because he is not a stealer. if his mod would be more like A3:L, it would include alot of stolen content.

and it is up to tonic what he makes with this mod (as long as it is legal)

Some of you need to stay out of this, we're trying to have a serious conversation within this larger conversation. This reply wasnt really valid.

---------- Post added at 16:08 ---------- Previous post was at 16:05 ----------

So it is up to somebody else to do all the work just so YOU can play a game?

That sounds a little like the A3L team, except substitute "play" with "sell".

but dude, they arent selling anything. like I said several times, its only pay if you dont have the patience to wait or want to get some cool gear. otherwise its completely free. So basically what I'm sayin is you guys need to take that out of your list of accusations. The model/code theft sounds probably legit but thats a whole nother deal.

Considering the date you registered and that this thread is probably the total of your posts, I'm starting to wonder whether you are here to troll or perhaps even here because your previous account was recently banned.

It took 3 Days of his/her's life to get the chance to play the awesome new A3L mod! I agree with ACyprus we should just fuck over the modders who spend countless hours, days, months and sometimes years out of their own free time to provide content that most users may over look or call rubbish.

This is sarcasm, I understand ACyprus is also being sarcastic :)

sounds more like a bunch of people with nothing better to do than destroy a young mans dream of filling out a 15 question application form and passing an interview to play a game about real life instead of actually doing anything in real life. kinda like you guys but with game playing instead of legal action

Let me aim this nothing better to do question at you. Don't you have anything better to do than just play Life simulating game modes that possibly mimic the life you wished you had or can't get? Have your own experience with life and have fun.

Edited by deltagamer

I wouldn't be surprised if sbush308 is a duplicate. Caiden leave and a profile is created for what should look like a random innocent player who within 6 posts show similar behaviour as Caiden.

Anyway, that user seems very selective in what he/she replies to and want to understand.

edit: ninjaed deluxe, this thread moves fast...

Considering the date you registered and that this thread is probably the total of your posts, I'm starting to wonder whether you are here to troll or perhaps even here because your previous account was recently banned.

definitely not banned man, I saw something about this thread somewhere, dont remember if it was A3L forums or youtube. But Ive been following it for a few days and have grown progressively more and more anxious as you guys seem to take more and more action toward shutting it down.

I wouldn't be surprised if sbush308 is a duplicate. Caiden leave and a profile is created for what should look like a random innocent player who within 6 posts show similar behaviour as Caiden.

Anyway, that user seems very selective in what he/she replies to and want to understand.

Caiden is banned from this forum now. It would not surprise me at all judging by the date they joined.

but dude, they arent selling anything. like I said several times, its only pay if you dont have the patience to wait or want to get some cool gear. otherwise its completely free.

So are you saying that in some circumstances it is in fact pay to play?

.....man I've been 100% this whole time. just a guy who wants to play this game. why would I say that stuff about Tonic making a game like this if I was caiden.

---------- Post added at 16:13 ---------- Previous post was at 16:13 ----------

So are you saying that in some circumstances it is in fact pay to play?

no because you can play it for free 100% of the time once you get accepted