takus

Legal violations by A3L: Arma 3 life

Watching the stream is more frustrating than it is constructive.

Tonic, Psi is inviting you to TS!

ts3.arma3-life.com

Look for Lewis Stewart

"They have the right to use the things you made, [sic] you scripting, because you... you uploaded it"

^ Whoever psi is talking to, on the topic of Tonics stuff

This has got to be a joke

Edit: He is making it seem like tonic is some vigalante... wtf, he is bringing slavery into this... what

He is littearly saying "its not a fair world" is apparently justification for moral violations

wrong thread.

Whats with all this run around about ethics and stuff?

Easy, Ethics=corrupt if you are aware that content is stolen and yet you support it by streaming it and popularizing it.

Edit 2: Psi is charging people to even post msgs....

He is profiting from this drama shit too.... what the fuck

This is just how twitch is working and has nothing to do with all of this shit.

"Do you have ethnics from using stolen content?"

"We don't steal content".

Retard level is over 9000.

Just a couple of asshats talking rubbish, the whole thing reeks of a publicity stunt.

"Do you have ethnics from using stolen content?"

"We don't steal content".

Retard level is over 9000.

This Katt guys is just plain dumb. He's got the weakest arguments i've ever seen, ever.

Watching the stream is more frustrating than it is constructive.

^

At least it will bring SOME form of attention to the matter, and hopefully the petition.

^

At least it will bring SOME form of attention to the matter, and hopefully the petition.

100 signatures today.

Can't complain.

signed the petition :).

How about sending tax collectors to the a3l leads. pretty sure they didnt pay tax over their 10-50k donations :)

One guy was mentioning that there is some "52% tax" or something

Can someone give details on this?

Also Lewis appears to be over talking about this on his stream.

Tonic, Psi is inviting you to TS!

ts3.arma3-life.com

Look for Lewis Stewart

I would of but it's A3L's Teamspeak. I enjoy having internet and don't plan on getting DDoS'd anytime soon so I'd rather not. I could not tell if Katt was being serious or was just trolling though. None the less I am shocked by what Psi is doing and it's nice to see that he is willing to dig into what has been going on and also make people aware of it.

Anyways, back to Sims 4 I go.

Also I see that the petition hit its goal and is at 618 signatures, good job guys.

Nah, Katt is a dumbass, he "likes playing the mod" and doesn't care about the rest, he also claims he can debunk every single evidence we provided here. Delusional is delusional.

i hate to say this but A3L were the people who really helped me learn how to use oxygen 2 but when i got more and more into the development of the mod i felt reallly bad about what i was doing because they gave you the links to download those models and coming for someone who didn't know about copyright at the time and who was just learning i thought i was doing a good geed but it turns out after i learned what i was doing was wrong i didnt want to do it anymore... i hope i did not do that much harm to the community if i did i am soooo sorry you guys may have seen my name in their videos but i have not been with them anymore since 4 months ago... but in that four months i been learning how to make my own shit and well i found a better and newer community that does not deal with that kinda of shit.

One guy was mentioning that there is some "52% tax" or something

Can someone give details on this?

Also Lewis appears to be over talking about this on his stream.

That would be me. The country that Caiden and Zannaza currently live in have these tax percentages based on the amount of income. The income they have gained is most definitely in excess of the € 56,531 which means the tax percentage they should be paying is a total of 52%. With some projected income tables, we have estimated that they need to be paying more than €113,728.33 in tax, therefore it is definitely possible to contact the Dutch tax collectors and inform them of the tax evasion they are committing.

---------- Post added at 22:42 ---------- Previous post was at 22:40 ----------

I would of but it's A3L's Teamspeak. I enjoy having internet and don't plan on getting DDoS'd anytime soon so I'd rather not. I could not tell if Katt was being serious or was just trolling though. None the less I am shocked by what Psi is doing and it's nice to see that he is willing to dig into what has been going on and also make people aware of it.

Anyways, back to Sims 4 I go.

Also I see that the petition hit its goal and is at 618 signatures, good job guys.

It's way higher now :)

Edited by StevenW129

the comments on this vid page are really great info actually - they're full of people moaning about being prevented from access or confessing to the culture of paying to access or proving how retarded they are about licenses and game piracy.

Joey The Comedian Gamer
1 hour ago
when I signed up for the open beta one of the admins straight out and said "fuck off there's enough players already"

djmpsf
1 hour ago
I've always thought that the $30 charge to access the server was utter BS and shouldn't have been there. I was disappointed that you decided to cover the mod with that in place. I'm glad you are finally addressing the issue and as far as I'm concerned you should no longer cover the mod.

James HordeAndKill
3 hours ago (edited)
If there not copyrighted they cant do shit. Arma 3 life is one of the most fun mods on Arma 3, people that are complaining are just jealous people that have nothing else better to do and are mad because someone else is making money on somthing that they originally couldn't any money off. Keep up the good work guys were with you 100% of the way.... Odin james

fuckin tard

cracktober
1 hour ago
The problem is that they are basically making money on other peoples things. The only thing they did is put their stuff into their mod. While the authors of the content gets zero money

ABudgetPC
16 minutes ago

+SenorFluffyNipples
im sorry the mod hasnt lived up to your standards. but we do have allot of content that is our own and we had allot more before steaker left and then came back to work on the new framework so we can get off tonics mods.

Alex Pana
2 hours ago
+Josh P Yea he was mad at the Life community I am a part of too. We did rewrite most of his code form the ground up and even removed some of the code. 

OrNoir
13 minutes ago
The point is that the A3L guys are taking mods, often without permission, putting them into the game and charging for people to access content that they didn't make. It's not only illegal but morally wrong;

Ian T
54 minutes ago
Pretty much everyone on the A3L mod is an edgy cunt because the mods make it such a pain in the ass to get onto the server. I hate the way they're running it. You can even donate $30 dollars to get your application to the "Expedited" section of the forums

killerninjao1o
1 hour ago
Surprised that BI hasn't shut down A3L already? Stolen content and a not only a charge for an in game item or a special perk but just to get on the server? Shoccccking

LazorSharks
3 hours ago
Hell, they used models from Crysis 2. 

MarksVitalityGaming
3 hours ago
So i paid 30 dollars last night, it took very little time to get my application and my interview, but i have been sitting in the donator room waiting for whitelist for almost a day now, there are admins in the ts and they are doing nothing about it, ive given them the benefit of the doubt but its starting to annoy me.

VirginTurtles
51 minutes ago
If there is no copyright then there is no wrong doing here. Just because someone who made a mod for free and then someone else added it to their mods and made money off of it with out it having copyright or having terms and conditions then it's ok

tard

DavidDaNugget
2 hours ago
Yeah they stole lots of shit from CL3!!!!

Psi dodged the question of "did you pay 30 dollars" or something similar pretty damn hard on that steam... he kinda just changed topics.

Honestly at this point I believe his "role" or rather, relevance in the whole situation is really "over"....

He has spread the idea that A3L is commiting legal infractions to his community.. whether they believe him or not, though it may cause them to take "sides" or whatever bullshit, the word is out and im sure some petition sigs are coming in... but the rest of his internal community drama is kind of not relevant to the legal side anymore, I would go so far as to claim that the "benefit" of it has been achieved(sigs for the petition and spreading the word), and honestly there could start to be negatives if the forums commnity invests itself to hard in the newly created internal drama of his channel, we may see people making forums accounts just to defend A3L, etc etc.

Edited by MikeTim

Psi dodged the question of "did you pay 30 dollars" or something similar pretty damn hard on that steam... he kinda just changed topics.

Whatever happened during that interview, it seems he still plays on A3L or what...?

Yes, he has stated he still plays on A3L, but as I now said in the edited version of my post... I believe its really not relevant anymore now.

****WARNING**** ( !!!Not talking about ETHICALLY RELEVANT, I mean legally!!!)****WARNING****

The thread after all, is about legal violations on the part of A3L

skype message received from Hem, one of the A3L developers today

Hi I'm Hem.

around a year ago, I seen there original videos and thought it was a pretty cool project, I'd loved island life in arma 2.

So I contacted caiden asking if he was looking for any kind of help in development and I became part of the project.

back then I wasnt very good at all, a picture of a little garage I created, it was terrible

I worked on buildings, objects, misc items

I'm going to be honest, back then I wanted to learn how to create a car for arma, I think it was a atom which I did take from a website since at that stage I wasnt capeable of modelling a vehicle by myself. Although the atom got but into the addons folder I believe it is not available. But this was way back the begining of this year.

I have never recieve any money or been offered any money.

I would get a request to do something, throw out the making of it i would send caiden or who ever screen shots like hows it looking etc and then send it off to him to be added.

on donations: when I first heard/seen the idea I have to say I was a little sceptical of it... but I really didnt want to get involved with it and never have really.

with the basic donation systems like for a random example $10 for 1000 extra on your paycheck, I myslef thought that was fine after seening many other commuinitys have the same thing in place and especially city life. But I cant really remeber how the gold donators get access to play the early version came about.

Support team people do the interviews, although them asking people in interview for $30 is new to me and I'm actaully really suprised. I make no kind of important decidsions or manage anything like that.

after I have seen the topic about a3l voilation and especially the day I seen it I hinder on the board of tell them I wanted to leave because I really didnt want to get tangled in the mess, and since that day I get closer and closer to that edge.

I'm still a developer there, although havent done much for them the past week, I regularly on the teamspeak because I have made friends there and thats the main reason why I'm still there.

with the atom I mentioned which isnt being using but in the mod pack it is now removed / being removed.

it's time for me to jump over the edge of the sinking ship and swim to shaw. If you would be so kind to remove my name from the list (of A3L team in this thread) that would be much appreciated.

I apologise deeply for all the other addons creators that may have been effect by this hole situation.

---------- Post added at 11:30 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:18 PM ----------

A3L team present and currently enjoying the use of the BIS forums:

http://forums.bistudio.com/member.php?110915-Zannaza

http://forums.bistudio.com/member.php?237041-mbaxter

http://forums.bistudio.com/member.php?86504-Pr0mthesus

http://forums.bistudio.com/member.php?136327-Kurtt420

http://forums.bistudio.com/member.php?177990-Schultzit

http://forums.bistudio.com/member.php?110356-Caiden (BANNED)

http://forums.bistudio.com/member.php?127957-Hem (APOLOGISED)

http://forums.bistudio.com/member.php?132141-Brobropopo (left a year ago)

http://forums.bistudio.com/member.php?142622-Delgado (APOLOGISED)

Edited by eggbeast

Whatever happened during that interview, it seems he still plays on A3L or what...?

As I understood from his Youtube video he would continue to play the mod.

How the f is charging for fast lanes not breaking Bohemia EULA? In theory they could process 1 application in 1 year so the only way to get on the server is to donate. The only thing they did after Bohemia contacted them was changing the "beta access donation" to "fast lane donation". What they are doing is just going around the system using loopholes. Bohemia whats the point of EULA if you can go around it like its nothing?

Even if your application gets approved you still have to wait in Teamspeak to get your interview done, they can slow down interviews as much as they want so more people donate.

Also what about the money they have already made while breaking EULA? This whole situation is Bohemias fault and they need to step up their game. You should use Battleye to block servers breaking EULA as fast as possible.

Edited by cofi0276