takus

Legal violations by A3L: Arma 3 life

The most recent pointless bickering posts have been deleted.

Any more = thread ban. Take it to PM.

Thank you very much. On a side note can I ask why Therameatelf received a ban?

anybody see what his buddy Tisor says in response? Id say they are very familiar with the policies in place and how to steal stuff.

Maxjoiner, you have to understand us. It's very easy to make some reskins, change some "name=" on the configs and change some user actions and et voilá, you have a new mod... This is not how this work...

Take a look at the model. Phelps, who convert it for ArmA 3, took 2 weeks for it, as it was the first car he made. Same on my part. The Physx of this car took me several days, the lightbar system, which you don't have the last version, took me more than 2 weeks of work (and now everyone in Arma 3 Community is using my Liberty Lightbar without giving me any credit). The radar was also 2 days of work and wasn't finished...

Anyway, what you have to concern is how we feel when all our work is taking without permission, without giving any credits and removing watermarks and so on... That's not the way for modding in Arma 3 Community. The good way to go is asking for help to other ones, and with appropiate conversation then we can get an agreement. If you had asked for permision to use this car, we may have give it to you but with a credit agreement. Just imagine you get money on MANW with our car, which took us more than one month of work, and you just spent maybe a few hours making a reskin... how do you think we'd had feel?

So please, remove this content and if you wonder, send me a private message telling me where did you get the model, and what steps you did to change it for LAPD mod.

*Clap clap clap clap*

I'll say again, you're going nowhere. Neither of you. Save some face and just stop. Let evidence and not personal issues fill this thread.

You've BOTH said you wish to see A3Ls illegal behavior stop. Stop trying to win something here and start posting evidence that can be used against them.

@sbush308 and @StevenW129 Take Slatts advice, its really good advice and it gets to the point. Lets drop the personal discussion now and get back on topic of the ArmA 3 Life mod and the problems it has created. I understand you both may want to continue this but please do so in PM as this thread is a little important to those who wish to have it shut down. We all wouldn't want to see this thread closed by a moderator.

You do realize that every time I say something, you reach to try to make it sound like I'm saying something else. Dude just quit responding to my posts, you have nothing good to say.

Being a consumer does not automatically involve monetary or other forms of payment for the product or service you are using. The word itself is used excessively nowadays and it's easier to integrate it in a sentence in order to prove a point.

Also as a general notice. Please don't call the A3L forum dwellers idiots, as you are not aware of their current mental capabilities and how they make use of them on a daily basis :)

Thank you very much. On a side note can I ask why Therameatelf received a ban?

here:

EDIT: btw. we don't allow access to these forums via proxy/VPN (usually sock puppet accounts), hence Therameatelf's ban.

@sbush308 and @StevenW129 Take Slatts advice, its really good advice and it gets to the point. Lets drop the personal discussion now and get back on topic of the ArmA 3 Life mod and the problems it has created. I understand you both may want to continue this but please do so in PM as this thread is a little important to those who wish to have it shut down. We all wouldn't want to see this thread closed by a moderator.

quit tryin to put me in the same category as that Steve guy, I tried ending it with him over and over but he kept baiting me. You arent helping, the mods have it under control bro.

here:

Oops, missed that post. Thank you :)

---------- Post added at 18:51 ---------- Previous post was at 18:44 ----------

Also as a general notice. Please don't call the A3L forum dwellers idiots, as you are not aware of their current mental capabilities and how they make use of them on a daily basis :)

I was more or less referring to the people have took it upon themselves to cause distress to the person in question.

quit tryin to put me in the same category as that Steve guy, I tried ending it with him over and over but he kept baiting me. You arent helping, the mods have it under control bro.

I never categorized any of you. I simply addressed both of you, I don't know you or Steve enough to make personal judgement's, and yes the moderators will most likely have it under control but they really shouldn't have to get involved with this discussion as we should all understand when to stop and ignore one another and so on. So anyway enough of that lets stay back on topic.

A3L servers are back online and semi full for the first time in hours. They must have found a way around whatever you guys were doin to them.

A3L servers are back online and semi full for the first time in hours. They must have found a way around whatever you guys were doin to them.

(Non Argumentative Post) Non of us are doing anything to them as far as I know. A lot of people are hitting them hard with DDoS attacks day in and day out, they can't get protection that is actually capable of stopping the attacks. I think it's quite funny the money they have wasted on the DDoS protection and new servers, but then again it isn't even their money, it's the money of the people who "donated" when it was Pay2Play. Anyway the attacks are not directly from anybody on this post as far as I know.

I don't believe any one from this forum would be that immature to DDOS their servers or attack them in anyway. Normally servers do have problems with trolls and attackers etc so that could be one of the causes and not an individual from here.

At no point on this thread as far as I am aware did anyone imply or suggest anybody should commit illegal crimes against A3L such as DDOS. Please remember that A3L probably have alot of kids who are angry that they got banned or something etc, and it is likely due to that, as with most gamemodes where people are expected to "roleplay" , many people are usually banned.

But this is off topic from their legal violations, nobody named this thread "lets report about the newest problems A3L has", so really it isnt even relevant, whether their servers are up or not has nothing to do with their actions they have previously taken.

why we ? we dont have anything to do with his server crashes/downtimes or whatever problems theyr servers have.

its a waste of time to crash theyr servers or ddos them as they can easy fix the problem and it does not solve the whole case.

also, we are just reporting this case to the affected person and companies, we dont take any action. paypal, crytek, creators of ship simulator etc will take actions as they have more power to it. why should we attack theyr server which is easy to fix + does not solve the case, when crytek, paypal and all affected companies and persons could destroy A3:life all in once by contacting lawyers and send the A3:life team to court and when paypal can close theyr account and take the money back and so on ? i better wait for the actions of Paypal, crytek etc.

and who say that the server problems are caused by some people ? it could be problems just server related without any ddos attack or anything

Oh ok I guess I thought when Caiden said they had to take care of some meddling kids he was referring to you guys. But now I see what he was talking about. So these guys are spending all this money on something that is almost certainly going to be shut down. Either they figure the profit margin will still be worth it or they are somehow confident that they will win this fight with all the evidence stacked up against them.

Oh ok I guess I thought when Caiden said they had to take care of some meddling kids he was referring to you guys. But now I see what he was talking about. So these guys are spending all this money on something that is almost certainly going to be shut down. Either they figure the profit margin will still be worth it or they are somehow confident that they will win this fight with all the evidence stacked up against them.

They wouldn't really have to spend any money from their back-pockets if you get what I mean.

You can tell they bait people hardcore into donating. At the moment if you dont donate you wait. And the wait time has gone up 24 hours with every day thats passed with the promise that if you donate your wait time will be less than 1 hour. Clearly this is geared hardcore toward playing on the natural impatience of the human mind. Also sketchy.

I'm trying to raise awareness on some Youtubers reddit pages;

DevilDogGamer: http://www.reddit.com/r/TheDevilDogGamer/comments/2kx2ze/toughts_on_arma_3_lifes_legal_violations/

FrankieOnPC http://www.reddit.com/r/FRANKIEonPCin1080p/comments/2kx45a/arma_3_life_legal_violations_please_read/

If you guys know any other youtubers reddit page, please raise awareness there, also please upvote the threads so they'll have a chance to see it.

I'm trying to raise awareness on some Youtubers reddit pages;

DevilDogGamer: http://www.reddit.com/r/TheDevilDogGamer/comments/2kx2ze/toughts_on_arma_3_lifes_legal_violations/

FrankieOnPC http://www.reddit.com/r/FRANKIEonPCin1080p/comments/2kx45a/arma_3_life_legal_violations_please_read/

If you guys know any other youtubers reddit page, please raise awareness there, also please upvote the threads so they'll have a chance to see it.

http://www.reddit.com/r/DatGuyLirik/

I should give fair warning, when dealing with Lirik's followers you may walk into extreme trollage. He is probably the biggest Twitch streamer.

I'm going to take the time out of my day later and talk with an employee at their datacenter for the US servers, happens to be the same datacenter I have been with for over four years. Going to see what they think of the situation and whether or not they condone action like this.

http://www.reddit.com/r/DatGuyLirik/

I should give fair warning, when dealing with Lirik's followers you may walk into extreme trollage. He is probably the biggest Twitch streamer.

I'm going to take the time out of my day later and talk with an employee at their datacenter for the US servers, happens to be the same datacenter I have been with for over four years. Going to see what they think of the situation and whether or not they condone action like this.

Sounds good man. Hopefully we get a positive result.

I'm not really sure if the Youtubers will take down the videos at all tbh. They make money from it so it would make sense for them to keep it up for as long as they can unless Google says else-wise. They might think we're trolling them when we say the material is stolen or copyrighted etc. Therefore they will most likely ignore the messages.

Edited by deltagamer

Oh I'd be willing to bet the $5 I currently have to my name that Caiden was indeed referring to those of us in this thread and in AMAR when he mentioned "kids" trying to shut down their servers. As far as the DDoS stuff goes, I ran with the TCG guys a couple years ago for a bit (Used to play on their server, hang out on their Teamspeak) and they were getting hit constantly, turned out to be some 15-16 year old Canadian script-kiddie. Most of the time with these life groups the person at the other end of the attack is either a similar teenager annoyed by something on the server, or, in the majority of cases, it's somebody from another life server (There are dozens, if not hundreds) trying to take the target down for a while in order to funnel players to another life server, hoping it will be their own.

So many people are going on rants and saying the same crap over and over.

Someone should have done this and it is pissing me off so I am doing it.

What has A3L done wrong:

1) Marketed other's works without formal permission or acknowledgement. --> They showed in their own youtube videos dating from the day they started other content workers creations. They initially had it 30$ to join no matter what and you would receive perks once the mod would go public. According to Youtube and Paypal T&Cs it is possible to have videos removed(via copyright claims) and money returned. For this to happen someone needs to sue/initiate something towards these companies. Since, A3L is "small" to them - it would be a lengthy process. In America this is simply called - cyber fraud 'financial' -.

2) Lied to the public by showing scripts/items etc made by Steaker then basically not implementing it all in closed beta. I doubt it will appear in open beta either. -->People joined A3L because they saw all these "custom" things ex: chainsaw, moving items into homes and more and none of this is in game.

3) Main one, using Tonic's work, claiming it is theirs and basically making money off it as stated in #1.

4) Refusal to remove other's works when asked multiple times...nothing more to say about <--that....

5) Having Caiden answer questions on these forums instead of the older, and more suited person Mike Baxter.

6) I think that sums it all.

--

1) You may say it was never pay to play. Well you are wrong. You had to pay 30$ to access closed beta (play on the server). They had loopholes, yes - but going through those wasn't as explicit as just making an app, doing an interview and paying 30$. You now are probably like well you chose to donate. Yeah most people did because how else would you get into the server....it was the most convenient way.

2) Some are saying you are butthurt/leave them alone. No. Most people here are not. Simply we are saying how can you break several rules/regulations earn money off of it and not credit/ask permission anyone else's work? Have you watched any movies in your life? Every single person who helped in that movie is credited at the end...simple enough.

3) I am sure I missed a fare bit of counter-arguments but seriously wake up and smell the coffee already.

---

Edit: Why hasn't Epoch mod or any of those other decently sized mods that are basically applying CPR to Arma 3 making it "pay to play". Simple: Those have morals and dignity.

Edited by KingAlmond