takus

Legal violations by A3L: Arma 3 life

@sbush308: I can understand that you like a gamemode a lot, but please understand that in this case it involves the theft of content from a lot of people, many of those make this content for free because they like doing it. The people that are receiving the money for it didn't make any of it, and in all likelyhood they wouldn't even bother trying to actually make anything as they would just go off in search for the next easy money to be made. Without the work of unpaid modders this project would never have existed, and seeing work being stolen and others proffiting from it which leads us back to why addonmakers do what they do, it's demotivating to addonmakers when people display this kind of behaviour and turns them off from making new content which again leads to less mods for everyone including some that you might like.

Edit: Yep, that last post of yours confirmed it imo. You're either Caiden himself or one of his cronies posting on his behalf since that's exactly the kind of attitude he is known for.

I'm a bit confused by this...you say your not here to support their theft but yet you keep requesting that we either drop the whole thing, or we just continue what we're doing and allow A3L to keep running for the time being. All this just so YOU can have a good time...who cares what the rest of us think, or are affected by it. I find it quite humorous that they are having so much trouble with their servers, and I hope it ruins the experience for that whole community. No one here is trying to single you out, but you enter our thread basically in their defense...claiming what their doing isn't wrong. It may not be pay-to-play now, but I bet if you go ahead and pay Caiden that 30$ donation, you will have your application accepted much more quickly.

Also, you want to know why you like this A3L so much more than Altis Life? Because it is packed full of stolen goods that the community has worked hard on, whereas Tonic's work is of his own...and anything that isn't, he has directly gotten permission to use. It's pretty easy for someone to copy a gamemode and then stock it up on all your favorite addons/mods, then release it as a pack. So, why doesn't Tonic do this you say? Because, he's a respectable member in this community and doesn't use people's work without permission, actually smart enough to create things on his own. Do you see the difference yet? If everyone here used the same mentality as Caiden, then I'm sure this modding community would die out pretty fast...as authors would be less willing to release their content to the public, and reserve it for their own (private community) personal use.

Exactly what I wanted to say but really couldn't be bothered to type it all out. +1.

I think sbush308's point of view has been discussed enough. Let's move on to greener pastures :)

I'm a bit confused by this...you say your not here to support their theft but yet you keep requesting that we either drop the whole thing, or we just continue what we're doing and allow A3L to keep running for the time being. All this just so YOU can have a good time...who cares what the rest of us think, or are affected by it. I find it quite humorous that they are having so much trouble with their servers, and I hope it ruins the experience for that whole community. No one here is trying to single you out, but you enter our thread basically in their defense...claiming what their doing isn't wrong. It may not be pay-to-play now, but I bet if you go ahead and pay Caiden that 30$ donation, you will have your application accepted much more quickly.

Also, you want to know why you like this A3L so much more than Altis Life? Because it is packed full of stolen goods that the community has worked hard on, whereas Tonic's work is of his own...and anything that isn't, he has directly gotten permission to use. It's pretty easy for someone to copy a gamemode and then stock it up on all your favorite addons/mods, then release it as a pack. So, why doesn't Tonic do this you say? Because, he's a respectable member in this community and doesn't use people's work without permission, actually smart enough to create things on his own. Do you see the difference yet? If everyone here used the same mentality as Caiden, then I'm sure this modding community would die out pretty fast...as authors would be less willing to release their content to the public, and reserve it for their own (private community) personal use.

Either you didn't read all my posts or you just completely misinterpreted everything I said like everybody else did at first and like Steven still does. I have fully explained that I do not support A3L stealing everything from everyone. I support the improvements shown in A3L over other mods not how they were attained. Like I've attempted to reiterate, I just want everyone to know how much this game is wanted and that maybe there are a couple things to be learned from what they've done to increase the real life feel of it.

Caiden and his cronies have been doxing some person who they are accusing of stealing from them. The irony is thick:

Below these posts are a few of the other admins and higher ups bragging about trashing google reviews, prank calling, calling the school he works at, pizza bombing him, etc...

Personal information removed from image to protect the innocent

i(dot)imgur(dot)com(slash)BEKYVuK(dot)png

Can't post the link above properly because this is my first time posting. Had to say something.

I'm not taking sides, but what sbush is trying to say he likes the idea of A3L and not what they have done to wrong us all. He isn't supporting their actions, but the idea of a RP mission.

EDIT: If you guys continue down this road you'll get the thread locked and we'll be back to square one.

I'm not taking sides, but what sbush is trying to say he likes the idea of A3L and not what they have done to wrong us all. He isn't supporting their actions, but the idea of a RP mission.

Thank you Slatts, thank you.

Caiden and his cronies have been doxing some person who they are accusing of stealing from them. The irony is thick:

Below these posts are a few of the other admins and higher ups bragging about trashing google reviews, prank calling, calling the school he works at, pizza bombing him, etc...

Can't post the link above properly because this is my first time posting. Had to say something.

Indeed, Caiden has took it upon himself to post personal details of someone who has stolen their website etc to encourage his forum of idiots to spam and cause distress to the person. Yet another outrageous move by Caiden and co.

I will help you out with the link - http://i.imgur.com/BEKYVuK.png

Indeed, Caiden has took it upon himself to post personal details of someone who has stolen their website etc to encourage his forum of idiots to spam and cause distress to the person. Yet another outrageous move by Caiden and co.

I will help you out with the link

Did I redact enough of the personal information? Don't want the image to get taken down. I don't know much about this stuff. I'm just a new member of A3L who is very concerned after seeing this kind of behavior from the project lead.

Wow how did he get all that personal info? right down to the car he drives. Facebook?

Thank you Slatts, thank you.

But please, and this goes to all. Posting things about punching each other and saying stuff you'd hear in a school yard fight isn't going to help anyone here.

But please, and this goes to all. Posting things about punching each other and saying stuff you'd hear in a school yard fight isn't going to help anyone here.

Sorry man, I was just offended at the use of the word retard. I got a little upset and made an unnecessary threat. I apologize to everyone but Steven. I'll let you guys get back to your topic. I just hope I offered some perspective from the consumers point of view and maybe offered some enlightenment on what someone like me would like to see come out of this messy situation.

If he were in the uk he'd likely be pushing it with recent Internet legislation.

really? pizza bombing and such things ?

this should be reported to the police, he steal other work, make money with that and try to make the people who speak against that silence with such methodes.

caidan should be reported to the police, they can locate him and contact the local authorities

really? pizza bombing and such things ?

this should be reported to the police, he steal other work, make money with that and try to make the people who speak against that silence with such methodes.

I live in the UK, Caiden is apparently in the Netherlands, and the victim is in New Zealand. I wouldn't even know where to start with reporting it to the police.

I live in the UK, Caiden is apparently in the Netherlands, and the victim is in New Zealand. I wouldn't even know where to start with reporting it to the police.

it depends on the country he live. when he live in netherlands (i live in germany and its not far from where i live, with car maybe 1 hour) then contact the police via theyr website:

https://www.politie.nl/contact

but it must be sure that he lives in netherlands.

we should report everything to the police, the case with stolen content and earning money with that, and his method to make people silence.

Caiden sounds like the sketchiest dude in the history of sketchiness. Guy steals everything, claims others are stealing his stuff, and assaults those who defy him. This is not the way the gaming community is supposed to be.

*Clap clap clap clap*

I'll say again, you're going nowhere. Neither of you. Save some face and just stop. Let evidence and not personal issues fill this thread.

You've BOTH said you wish to see A3Ls illegal behavior stop. Stop trying to win something here and start posting evidence that can be used against them.

Now you're making sense. I agree 100%, and that's why everyone here is so heated with him and his team. We live and learn...and in this situation, Caiden has alot of learning to do.

The most recent pointless bickering posts have been deleted.

Any more = thread ban. Take it to PM.

EDIT: btw. we don't allow access to these forums via proxy/VPN (usually sock puppet accounts), hence Therameatelf's ban.