takus

Legal violations by A3L: Arma 3 life

I know one of those guys on that list has been kicked out of a previous Altis Life server for selling items, ingame currency and admin tools as a "developer" behind the admins back.

Seem like a charming bunch, ey?

1863 signatures and rising...

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/bis-vs-piracy

and yes Mike Baxter spoke in depth with me yesterday

here is a short apology from him passed on to the community at his request.

(Text selected by me)

Mike Baxter:

wanted to let you guys know that I have stepped down from A3L

listen what was done over there was prior to me being on support and its only getting worse

I tired to help fix that crap but they dont want to listen

there is two people that pulls strings: Caiden and Zannaza

I am just wanting to apologize from my side as I tried to fix things as if I was running my own community would never have ever done any of the shit they have done. I dont nor ever did have control of donations to enter a beta program. I was the one that made them remove the donator perk system when Lightfoot came and talked to us. After bitching for a week at Caiden to remove it. I then was told by lightfoot about the cars that couldnt be done and after 2 weeks of bitching it was removed

But now I hear if you go directly to Caiden he still does the shit

I dont think they are after the money but they definitely dont care about using other peoples shit and not give them credit

I guess I am stupid to not look at the writing on the wall or look at things further before taking a project manager spot but all I wanted was to help Steaker with his new framework

but I see them crumbling since I stepped down as I was the sole motivator of their dev team

well their youtube account got taken down so they cant advertise anymore

and the streamers are fedup with them as well

I am not the type to bag on someone because I have stepped down or anything but what they did about using mods and not giving credit was wrong . I had dev team make a intro page with everyone names of mods including tonic but they would never put it in

I just wanted to apologize to you as I did RobertHammer when I spoke with him in teamspeak that the way they ran their community isnt how I would and I wanted to try and fix it because I loved the community but you cant fix something if they arent willing to change themselves in how they run things

well knowing know you cant import cars about forza yeah i definitely can see that. I was told that whoever Caiden used for the cars wasnt doing that but as you can see actually was and when i brought up the fact to hire someone to make cars correctly - that never happened

-=XTRA=-Eggbeast:

some of the guys paid $500 for cars man, that was a very bad activity

well in their request for a car model they had put "amount paid: over $500"

and then when they didnt get them, they asked for a refund and were told no way. that's basically fraud in most civilised countries.

you can probably see why we decided to move mountains to get A3L stopped

M Baxter:

totally understand

-=XTRA=-Eggbeast:

ok well good luck.

M Baxter:

well thanks for helping me see the light

---------- Post added at 05:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:08 PM ----------

i think a moderator should ask zannaza for comment on why his website is hosting this mod still without any credit being given to original authors ormod makers, where the material has been adjusted and appropriated by A3L team.

A3L team present and currently enjoying the use of the BIS forums:

http://forums.bistudio.com/member.php?110915-Zannaza (Still cashing in - $100k and rising)

http://forums.bistudio.com/member.php?212110-TheMrZoo (LEFT A3L but not really very sorry?)

http://forums.bistudio.com/member.php?177990-Schultzit (UNREPENTANT in PM)

http://forums.bistudio.com/member.php?86504-Pr0mthesus

http://forums.bistudio.com/member.php?136327-Kurtt420 (LEFT A3L awaiting details)

http://forums.bistudio.com/member.php?110356-Caiden (BANNED)

http://forums.bistudio.com/member.php?237041-mbaxter (BANNED and APOLOGISED)

http://forums.bistudio.com/member.php?127957-Hem (APOLOGISED)

http://forums.bistudio.com/member.php?132141-Brobropopo (left ages ago)

http://forums.bistudio.com/member.php?142622-Delgado (APOLOGISED)

http://forums.bistudio.com/member.php?172431-Barotall (APOLOGISED)

http://forums.bistudio.com/member.php?176426-Kerkkoh (APOLOGISED)

Edited by eggbeast

Well plot thickens. Today Zoo one of the Head Admins resigned and one of their Senior Admins Herb Dean left. It was also confirmed that Steaker is gone and he is not working on the framework. Well atleast not for A3L.

Kurtt420 aka Kurt Stoner left A3L dev team over a month ago due to real life schedules and just not having time for modding.

I'm surprised that Zannaza and Caiden hasn't put up any kind of post on the forums or explaining their situation. They are still leading people on and saying that the community is stronger than ever. The two biggest saviors for A3L was supposed to be the new map and new framework and now its gone.

I guess they are milking as much donations as possible before it sinks. After all, it's free money.

well paypal is investigating, and we expect some charge-back to start now, moving through the xmas period, and gradually depriving Caiden of his illl-gotten gains.

once the first one is successful, we will publish the process for other aggrieved users who paid to download pirated content, so they can see how to get their money back.

Since I've resigned, I'd like to get a few things out. This post won't dig Caiden or A3L a grave, and it's mainly going to revolve around myself.

I was with A3L for a year and a month, exactly as of yesterday. I resigned from my position because I've spent the last 6 months working my ass off trying to get the community to where I wish it was, but due to some interesting circumstances that appeared over the time, I was unable to get the community to the spot I wish it was. Not one thing inparticular, but it seemed that after I fixed one problem, another occurred. That, ontop of the fact I wish I could play a damn game without being poked or messaged on Steam with some bull about how someone RDM'd. I played at City Life for ages, as a helper, and never once received so many damn RDM complaints. It's obviously because of the fact that the guns are so easy, and economy in the game is broken. Not to sound like a bitch, when I don'thave to be messaged, I wish I wasn't.

When resigning, I talked to Caiden and he did explain that he has plans to fix it with Zannaza over coming time, and I do believe he will do that, and as much as I want to stick around A3L, I simply want a break.

With the claims of stealing addons and such, I'll be just out with that, I had no say in what mods were put in. Despite my position in the staff team, being the oldest, non-CaidenorZannaza, staff member, longest time there, I barely had any sway in development, which I was halfway fine with. Not trying to throw them under the bus, but honestly I never said hey use these addons.

A3L has great ideas frmo what I've talked about with them, and I can see them going through with those, but I just need a break from running a community to worry about my school, and furthering my development learning on my own time.

With the claims of stealing addons and such, I'll be just out with that, I had no say in what mods were put in. Despite my position in the staff team, being the oldest, non-CaidenorZannaza, staff member, longest time there, I barely had any sway in development, which I was halfway fine with. Not trying to throw them under the bus, but honestly I never said hey use these addons.

Not guilty by ignorance eh.

and pretty unrepentant too, to have birthed this monster in our midst...

Hey,

I am Kerkkoh. I guess you can see me on the development team list, but now I have officially resigned. I had nothing against any of the project leads, but when they just didn't remove that content that was asked to be removed from it and this really did not make me happy. Then the new framework was going to be made and then I just wanted to help with it and how did I help? Well I tried to but Steaker didn't take my commits in and at this point I knew that I need to think of just leaving. Then some people like Schultz (Map Dev) and Mike B. Left and then I checked the developer list, damn there is no original developers left and then I decided that because of all this and I didn't want to be a part of this drama and hate going on, I would resign.

Omg youre a developer, lets lynch him! Well of course you can say that, but what did I do? Well if you have seen the front page you have seen the one released work I actually did. I did some scripting but everyone was too busy to take a look at it. Also I did a "banned" html page /banned/index.php and it has some box with bootstrap helper class and wrote some text. Wow a true hardcore developer.

So you did 2 html web pages and tried to do some scripts for them? Yes. I honestly do not know why I was just kept there this long. Most of the time I didn't do anything TBH.

Well I really agree that they should not have used that Altis Life or a lot of the other mods, I really do.

To all you addon makers that rights A3L has violated, I really tried to change something, but the project leads are definitely the guys who decide about EVERYTHING and I really really really sorry about all this and hope that they change something.

I joined the community just to RP and when I became a developer I was just getting easier access to a lot of things and got more permissions and as you have read, it really did not take a lot to stay as a developer this long.

Sorry for everything. I really was thinking about resigning way back when this hate started but then Caiden just told that they have all rights to use the content and now I think it was wrong to be with them even this long.

Hey,

I am Kerkkoh. I guess you can see me on the development team list, but now I have officially resigned. I had nothing against any of the project leads, but when they just didn't remove that content that was asked to be removed from it and this really did not make me happy. Then the new framework was going to be made and then I just wanted to help with it and how did I help? Well I tried to but Steaker didn't take my commits in and at this point I knew that I need to think of just leaving. Then some people like Schultz (Map Dev) and Mike B. Left and then I checked the developer list, damn there is no original developers left and then I decided that because of all this and I didn't want to be a part of this drama and hate going on, I would resign.

Omg youre a developer, lets lynch him! Well of course you can say that, but what did I do? Well if you have seen the front page you have seen the one released work I actually did. I did some scripting but everyone was too busy to take a look at it. Also I did a "banned" html page /banned/index.php and it has some box with bootstrap helper class and wrote some text. Wow a true hardcore developer.

So you did 2 html web pages and tried to do some scripts for them? Yes. I honestly do not know why I was just kept there this long. Most of the time I didn't do anything TBH.

Well I really agree that they should not have used that Altis Life or a lot of the other mods, I really do.

To all you addon makers that rights A3L has violated, I really tried to change something, but the project leads are definitely the guys who decide about EVERYTHING and I really really really sorry about all this and hope that they change something.

I joined the community just to RP and when I became a developer I was just getting easier access to a lot of things and got more permissions and as you have read, it really did not take a lot to stay as a developer this long.

Sorry for everything. I really was thinking about resigning way back when this hate started but then Caiden just told that they have all rights to use the content and now I think it was wrong to be with them even this long.

You have made a very good choice. Hopefully you can find a community better suited to you which doesn't operate in an illegal form. All the best to you.

It's strange to hear so many developers with their hands tied, that is the kind of thing I would expect the red tape for but I guess in operation it is the same...sorry for your loss folks, but honestly a community with abusive leaders isn't a community worth staying around in because everything goes from the bottom up. You could look into other role play based mods, there are plenty around with far less intrusive rule sets, applications you don't have to worry about, harassment and other stuff and I'm sure any real friends you've made along the way will stick around with you.

Question to the former devs of A3L, I signed up in hopes of having a civil conversation in the IP rights thread and bring some clarity to the differences between copyright vs trademark laws and explain why people are doing what they are (after having noticed how devs such as caiden like to play the redirect card but aren't trying to use the actual law to benefit them) but I can't post. Is the forums pretty much locked down so that anyone who hasn't gone through the application process or is part of development cannot post?

Edited by NodUnit

It's strange to hear so many developers with their hands tied, that is the kind of thing I would expect the red tape for but I guess in operation it is the same...sorry for your loss folks, but honestly a community with abusive leaders isn't a community worth staying around in because everything goes from the bottom up. You could look into other role play based mods, there are plenty around with far less intrusive rule sets, applications you don't have to worry about, harassment and other stuff and I'm sure any real friends you've made along the way will stick around with you.

Question to the former devs of A3L, I signed up in hopes of having a civil conversation in the IP rights thread and bring some clarity to the differences between copyright vs trademark laws and explain why people are doing what they are (after having noticed how devs such as caiden like to play the redirect card but aren't trying to use the actual law to benefit them) but I can't post. Is the forums pretty much locked down so that anyone who hasn't gone through the application process or is part of development cannot post?

Pretty much, you need to do your civilian application and interview before you can post anything, I wouldn't go do that process just to make a post that will 110% sure get you banned.

When I found A3L in December 2013 it was nothing like this and everything was made by the developers, but now it has changed a lot and it is sad to see it this bad. I was just looking for some good gaming moments and now I open my eyes seeing how bad it is.

As said the Project Leads decide about everything and developers have no choise. Also way back when former Project Manager Delgado left, the Project Lead Caiden was trash talking about his own developers to Delgado, so I don't know how he can manage a community and a dev team if he doesn't like the developers.

---

@StevenW129 Thank you for understanding and kind words.

Even if you did get to the point of being able to post. A while ago I tried to point out a mistake that Zannaza made (contradicted himself in his own post) and it got deleted pretty quick with no response. It's hilarious how they try to brainwash their community into thinking everything Caiden and Zannaza say is correct and nobody else is correct.

See, I am infact apologetic to the idea that mods were used without consent from the original creators. That is a big no no, and I get that. But even if I petitioned it to them, my say in Development was in the shitter. I ran staff, AKA Admins, moderators, and Senior Admins. I steered directly away from developers because, in the beginning I was in charge of them, or offered to be, but since I'm not a creative person, and cannot develop for anything, how could I possibly manage a team of creative people, giving them tasks and such.

And with the same thoughts in mind, the amount of time I talked to Caiden or Zannaza about addons in the server is less than I can count on one hand. Normally our conversations were which staff did what, what I need to do on the forums, and do I want to play a game later when they finish. Thats it. I never really put effort into talking about mods, because in the end, all decisions had to go through them. At least mod development wise. Anything forum related, or administration related, could be done freely by Myself or the other Head Admins.

Sorry if you don't take my post as 'OH MY PLS PLS I SORRY" but honestly, I apologized for the fact mods were used in the way they shouldn't have been, but I honestly couldn't have said hey no no don't do that please, because it was up to them, and since I had previously turned down the development spot, why would I wanna butt into it in the future.

---------- Post added at 00:56 ---------- Previous post was at 00:55 ----------

Yes, only way to actually view the other parts of the forum (not civ apps) was to be accepted, and complete the TS interview.

What I retain from all this is that BIS could not care less that steals mods, and make pay objects ..

Until they take a trial because someone will have gone too far and stole 3D models of other games ..

Given the number of servers that charge players for objects and steal MODS, why do I bother me to make a server within the law?

well our main objection, that is shared by many longstanding mod and mission makers in the community is the scale of abuse that A3L has manifested.

they sold pirated models from gamemodels.ru for $150 donations, sometimes up to $500...

people were literally shopping on those pirate sites for stuff and Caiden and Zannaza authorised devs to build that stuff into arma and they kept the fee income and passed on in-game credits to the devs to spend in the virtual shops.

when they were told they could not sell in-game items, people complained and were told "they had donated of their own free will" - they didnt receive their car and so fraud was committed.

even if they had received it, fraud would have been committed because they took a fee for a transaction involving pirated material.

we complained that they were withholding access to the game, and making it incredibly popular on youtube and even taking the #1 slot on moddb (before we got them banned) and charging for access...

so how much cash did they make? we all guessed at $30k, or maybe $50k. they said they had 14 months server costs in the bank... well, the truth is... drum roll...

cash_zps8121ca3b.png

yep, they made nearly $100,000 dollars. 2 18 year old kids from Holland have made $100 grand from abusing the arma community.

All of the people who helped develop it helped this to happen. So please do all that you can to bring it down, and to make amends for the monster you helped to create.

how is this guy

http://forums.bistudio.com/member.php?110915-Zannaza

even allowed to remain a forum member? he made $100,000 from ripping your mission Tonic, which they have admitted to.

---------- Post added at 05:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:41 PM ----------

Updated evidence dossier

ok we have some late-comers to the party here - guys please read these threads for proof of

a) pay to play earning A3L what we estimate to be in excess of $10,000 = commercial use

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?162249-From-the-creators-of-Stratis-Life-ArmA-3-Life&p=2792801&viewfull=1#post2792801

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?162249-From-the-creators-of-Stratis-Life-ArmA-3-Life&p=2793527&viewfull=1#post2793527

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?162249-From-the-creators-of-Stratis-Life-ArmA-3-Life&p=2799774&viewfull=1#post2799774

what is commercial use?

On Psy's youtube page which has had a staggering 50,000 views in the past 36 hours, I added a comment about the terms of service, and the potential to charge-back a donation fee made to benefit from an expedited access service to a mod containing provable illegal content.

Please see what you think of it and perhaps link it to anyone who may benefit from the notion.

Are they still charging? yes they are

http://i.imgur.com/Tp7FMhL.png

http://i.imgur.com/ePzIhKr.png

http://i.imgur.com/MONDb9Y.png

HOW MUCH DID THEY MAKE? $100,000

cash_zps8121ca3b.png

b) stolen code from Tonic, request of removal from Roberthammer and Milkman

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?162249-From-the-creators-of-Stratis-Life-ArmA-3-Life&p=2799456&viewfull=1#post2799456

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?162249-From-the-creators-of-Stratis-Life-ArmA-3-Life&p=2799786&viewfull=1#post2799786

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?162249-From-the-creators-of-Stratis-Life-ArmA-3-Life&p=2799830&viewfull=1#post2799830

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?162249-From-the-creators-of-Stratis-Life-ArmA-3-Life&p=2799904&viewfull=1#post2799904

c) Roberthammers request to remove his content from the A3L mod (ignored by A3L)

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?162249-From-the-creators-of-Stratis-Life-ArmA-3-Life&p=2799909&viewfull=1#post2799909

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?184772-Legal-violations-by-A3L-Arma-3-life&p=2811062&viewfull=1#post2811062

d) Milkmans request to have his content removed (ignored by A3L)

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?184772-Legal-violations-by-A3L-Arma-3-life&p=2806641&viewfull=1#post2806641

e) Tonics proof of theft and request for removal of his code (ignored by A3L)

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?162249-From-the-creators-of-Stratis-Life-ArmA-3-Life&p=2800310&viewfull=1#post2800310

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?184772-Legal-violations-by-A3L-Arma-3-life&p=2811217&viewfull=1#post2811217

Confession by Mike Baxter in interview on youtube

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?184772-Legal-violations-by-A3L-Arma-3-life&p=2818211&viewfull=1#post2818211

and proof he commissioned piracy for cash ($150 to $500 received from individuals totaling minimum of $3,500 for pirated models cars)

vecdonor_zpseae219d4.png

Tonic replies to Caidens claims of a relationship, and communications implying they could use his code:

http://www.altisliferpg.com/topic/7542-a3l-makes-me-cry-from-laughter/

f) Kiory's expression of dismay at finding his hat mod in A3L

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?184772-Legal-violations-by-A3L-Arma-3-life&p=2815672&viewfull=1#post2815672

g) CSE demands removal of their mod

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?184772-Legal-violations-by-A3L-Arma-3-life&p=2816425&viewfull=1#post2816425

h) Forum Ban for Caiden as a result of the complaint being upheld by BIS forum moderators

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?162249-From-the-creators-of-Stratis-Life-ArmA-3-Life&p=2800414&viewfull=1#post2800414

i) List of pbos in the mod demonstrating what is included (screen shots of their folder structure sent to Tonic by a moderator on his forums)

http://gyazo.com/833e667e536046b3dd3cd4abfb29d0b3

http://gyazo.com/e9a4af0560f109a50e05a0b470599310

http://gyazo.com/86c5133f80bcdd9425f57b5ed0b005cc

http://gyazo.com/a876797fcc0c12dd56f5485a17a0d1ac

From what can be seen they are using the following:

Tonics code 90%+ (has asked for removal)

Milkmans buildings - (has asked for removal)

Kiory's Random Hat Madness (has asked for removal)

Ivory Aircraft - CRJ-200 (dezkit)

Ivory Aircraft - T6A (dezkit - Iris asset protected by non-commercial copyright)

Ivory Aircraft - ERJ 135 (dezkit)

FLAY's HangGlider

Blastcore

TFAR (nkey not fussed)

rh_de.pbo (RobertHammer - has asked for removal)

rh_de_cfg.pbo (RobertHammer - has asked for removal)

rh_m4.pbo (RobertHammer - has asked for removal)

rh_m4_cfg.pbo (RobertHammer - has asked for removal)

CSE mod (has asked for removal)

Stolen code from CL3

http://i.imgur.com/JqJHOFE.png

i) allegedly stolen models from other games

Shift 2: http://i.imgur.com/HbgASrz.jpg

A3L: http://i.imgur.com/meAYId0.jpg

CL3: http://i.imgur.com/BhLFQUi.png

Help: http://i.imgur.com/deLC1X1.png

Forza: dev stream: http://i.imgur.com/OajxFLm.png (removed his past broadcast after the pic was posted)

2012 Chevrolet Camaro ZL1: http://i.imgur.com/5HF9zqb.png

Forza 4:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=4zbpyTcznGM#t=0

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=1pla6i4PsBA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=S0gBZoPOkNI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=-MOWSwZPYXw

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Mc77oZ0Et50

Iris aircraft converted with permission by dezkit

example of permission - NOTE their non-commercial requirement

QDoUTyk.jpg

j) previous team members exposing culture of commercialisation and theft

+ statement from one of the A3L developers as to the truth behind the scenes at A3L

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3p5LOiKWgDk

+ statement from another A3L develop explaining some of the problems inside the mod team

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?184772-Legal-violations-by-A3L-Arma-3-life&p=2813832&viewfull=1#post2813832

I believe that the money they were making was more important than doing the right thing

+ another of their devs showing remorse

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?184772-Legal-violations-by-A3L-Arma-3-life&p=2811732&viewfull=1#post2811732

This is really, really upsetting that a community I once worked has been doing this even when I worked with them. I had no idea about anything of these legal violations during all of that time. Lies after lies. This is really just sad.

+ModDB upholds the view that A3L broke their Terms of Service

http://www.moddb.com/mods/arma-3-life1

The mod you are trying to view has been deleted and is no longer available. This may have occured at the developers request because it is no longer active and was not released, or it may have occured because it violated the sites Terms of Service. If this is a mistake and you are a member of this mods team and would like it re-activated, please contact us with the details.

PRyy5bS.jpg

Youtube account suspended "Account deleted due to violation terms of use"

https://www.youtube.com/user/arma3lifeofficial

k) BIS views

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?162249-From-the-creators-of-Stratis-Life-ArmA-3-Life&p=2808039&viewfull=1#post2808039

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?184772-Legal-violations-by-A3L-Arma-3-life&p=2812681&viewfull=1#post2812681

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?184772-Legal-violations-by-A3L-Arma-3-life&p=2813447&viewfull=1#post2813447

http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?184772-Legal-violations-by-A3L-Arma-3-life&p=2813469&viewfull=1#post2813469

- they believe A3L isn't still charging for access

- they won't intervene in the theft of materials

l) stolen content from BIS's own dayZ

DayZ for A2

Content is restricted to A2 in BIS EULA. A3L has taken DayZ content, ported it to A3, renamed and redistributed it, commercialised it, and restricted it's use to their pay-to-play sites only.

e.g. Many elements of the DayZ Axe have been taken from dayZ for Arma 2, and distributed in the A3L mod pack. Details are provided below.

Config

The config files are essentially the same, with some minor amendments, example of similarity below, the files provided demonstrate the extent of the theft:

class dayz_weapons

class DZ_SingleMelee: Mode_SemiAuto

{

multiplier = 1;

burst = 5;

displayName = "Hack";

class a3l_axe

class DZ_SingleMelee: Mode_SemiAuto

{

multiplier = 1;

burst = 5;

displayName = "Arma 3 Life Axe";

The following files from Textures and animations are exactly the same in A3L and dayZ mod:

Textures:

• @A3L\addons\a3l_axe\ textures\ equip_hatchet_CA.paa

• @A3L\addons\a3l_axe\ textures\ equip_shells_CA.paa

• @dayz\dayz_equip\textures\ equip_hatchet_CA.paa

• @dayz\dayz_weapons\textures\ equip_shells_CA.paa

Anims:

• @A3L\addons\a3l_axe\anim\melee_punch.rtm

• @A3L\addons\a3l_axe\anim\melee_hatchet_swing.rtm

• @A3L\addons\a3l_axe\anim\melee_hatchet_holding.rtm

• @dayz\dayz_weapons\anim\melee_punch.rtm

• @dayz\dayz_weapons\anim\melee_hatchet_swing.rtm

• @dayz\dayz_weapons\anim\melee_hatchet_holding.rtm

A3L then seeks to restrict any users use of the pirated DayZ axe through this "license"

“This release (or modpack) is meant to be for the Arma3-life.com community and any use of any addons/files labeled A3L (A3L_) AND LakesideValley.pbo is strictly forbidden to be used in any other game server (no matter what game) unless this server is hosted by arma3-life.com itself (THIS INCLUDES THE MAP). All other addon mods are on public domain and can be utilized at your desposial.â€

interestingly, this last sentence also freely gives the redistributed mods like RobertHammers weapons, kiorys hats, milkmans buildings, CSE scripts, etc to all comers without honouring the original authors' license. "on public domain and can be utilized at your desposial" - they certainly are not and they have no moral, legal or commercial authority to offer this license to the public to take other peoples content and use it freely. Also this license takes the BIS game EULA, the DayZ EULA, the BIS Tools EULA and all of the sample models Licenses that affect much of the content, and blows a hole clean through them.

PETITION of nearly 1900 community members to get this mod stopped

hence the petition to ask them to reconsider their position

http://www.ipetitions.com/petition/bis-vs-piracy

A3L team present and currently enjoying the use of the BIS forums:

http://forums.bistudio.com/member.php?110915-Zannaza (Still cashing in - $100k and rising)

http://forums.bistudio.com/member.php?177990-Schultzit (UNREPENTANT in PM)

http://forums.bistudio.com/member.php?86504-Pr0mthesus

http://forums.bistudio.com/member.php?212110-TheMrZoo (LEFT A3L but not really very sorry?)

http://forums.bistudio.com/member.php?136327-Kurtt420 (LEFT A3L awaiting details)

http://forums.bistudio.com/member.php?110356-Caiden (BANNED)

http://forums.bistudio.com/member.php?237041-mbaxter (BANNED and APOLOGISED)

http://forums.bistudio.com/member.php?127957-Hem (APOLOGISED)

http://forums.bistudio.com/member.php?132141-Brobropopo (left ages ago)

http://forums.bistudio.com/member.php?142622-Delgado (APOLOGISED)

http://forums.bistudio.com/member.php?172431-Barotall (APOLOGISED)

http://forums.bistudio.com/member.php?176426-Kerkkoh (APOLOGISED)

Well then, well played. Good luck with paying taxes on that amount. Given the PayPal fee's that's roughly $89,881.56

That's the fun part. We are looking into the tax part and by looking into the Netherlands tax rates, they need to pay 51% of their profit in tax.

Not very sorry?

Man, I'm not gonna sit here and cry to you saying sorry.

I explained my apology, that peoples' content was used without permission, but it's not like I could've stopped it. If it was me running le community, I wouldn't been the one doing it.

Ask Baxter, or any of the other staff, I had nothing in development, and that's how I liked it.

Now, it doesnt matter who I am, I'm just here to clear something up.

Kurt, also known as "Kurtt420", isnt going to reply here. Not because he's guilty. Kurt resigned over a month ago because of 1. real life issues and 2. issues with how everything was being handled. Kurt resigned from staff, development and, before that, had been removed from his position as commissioner.

Why am I posting for him? I'm a good friend of his and just want him to be out of this. Although he was a Head Developer, he did not have a say in what addons get taken in and which don't. He was a texture artist and that's it.

So, even if you don't accept this apology, just know that he was never aware of what scam was going behind his back and, if he would have had the power to stop addons from being stolen, he would've.

Now, let's come to my relationship with Caiden and Zannaza.

I've known Caiden and Zannaza since February of this year, that's when I applied and got accepted. Everything went well, mod was still in pre-release and everything was fine. I established a good relationship to both Caiden and Zannaza and, over the course of time, spent more and more time with them.

I then, somewhere around April maybe, applied for Support Team, got accepted.

Around June I got promoted to Moderator, making me a member of staff. This is where I started talking to them consistently on a daily basis.

Skipping time maybe 2 months forward, something happens. I am permanently banned by Caiden for "being annoying". After a long talk with Zannaza, whom I was still friends with, I have been unbanned. This time, I can not rejoin the staff team ever again.

I am still friends with Zannaza, but not with Caiden. I'm not mad he banned me, I'm just really pissed off at how bad his decision making is.

If I could, I'd tear the line between Zannaza and Caiden. Why? Caiden is the one pulling the strings, not Zannaza. Zannaza is a really awesome guy, and probably would make a great community/project lead. Caiden is the one that spawned boats in the sky, made the server pink for his "online girlfriend" (whom he had found on the A3L teamspeak) and spawned tanks/vehicles for that exact "girlfriend".

That's my 2 cents. Also, this post does not reflect on/represent the opinions of any communities I am part of and shall not be associated with them. This is my view on things and can hopefully shine some light in here.

lol, what a strange society they have founded .......and again it was only "der Führer" a bit too easy to say for my taste

Surely PayPal has to be taking this seriously. Acting as a money transfer for stolen goods? It shouldn't be up to people to ask for a chargeback, it should be up to PayPal to strip all illegal proceeds from these sleazebags.

However, I am once again astounded at the lack of comment and action from BIS on this matter. Bluecollar theft = jail, Whitecollar theft = slap wrists!

Hey,

I'm just someone that's been following this thread actively and I'm yet to see a single reply from BI. Am I missing something here? As I do see that this thread is getting monitered as members are still getting warnings etc.

Is it possible Bohemia is in fact acting on this, but just not doing it publicly.