takus

Legal violations by A3L: Arma 3 life

This seems incredibly incriminating! You basically say we're going to rip off the other games for our Bohemia "mod", but then you try to say that the A3L files are proprietary, and legally yours!

Here's what I think is going to happen to this "Life" mod, just has it has happened to every other mod based on Tonic's framework; People will be using your files, people will be hosting your models, and I guess scripts but honestly when I looked at your mission, and server files I couldn't really see any new scripts written by A3L...like ZERO SCRIPTING. Lystic has some neat stuff in there, and of course Tonic's work, but I didn't see anything that was written by A3L. Anyway, what is going to happen is people are going to run A3L in parts, or maybe even in it's entirety. The burden will be on A3L...just as it is for every community... to admin, and maintain the server in such a way that it remains populated. Other than that you don't have any leg to stand on. Sorry guys, but you haven't "created" anything, and people are going to run it. Just make sure you run it best!

Do you really think I care if other communities tries to run a community off the server files. All you have accomplished by having your hacker friends take our server files and release is now hundreds of smaller Life Servers filling their pockets for personal gains. At least the funds we generate goes back into our community. So all you have done is made this situation worse because at least in our case were not profiting for personal gain. So who is really the one hurting? The hundred of other servers that are now using Robert Hammers and everyone's mods in the same but possibly worse way of monetizing their servers.

So you tell me, has your work actually accomplished anything or made it worse? The burden isn't with us but you forum warriors that are against change in the Arma community because others are turning into life mods in which Bohemia knows draws more attention for new player base to purchase Arma 3 from them. However in our situation that we used without permission for someones lack of fully knowing about licenses and built off of because of what everyone else has done it so why not them.

So you can point fingers, kick tires and blah blah but at the end of the day nothing is accomplished. So what we can do is move forward by removing the current shit we've have and move to our own framework that has our full custom work and addons that has permissions to use.

Do you really think I care if other communities tries to run a community off the server files. All you have accomplished by having your hacker friends take our server files and release is now hundreds of smaller Life Servers filling their pockets for personal gains. At least the funds we generate goes back into our community. So all you have done is made this situation worse because at least in our case were not profiting for personal gain. So who is really the one hurting? The hundred of other servers that are now using Robert Hammers and everyone's mods in the same but possibly worse way of monetizing their servers.

So you tell me, has your work actually accomplished anything or made it worse? The burden isn't with us but you forum warriors that are against change in the Arma community because others are turning into life mods in which Bohemia knows draws more attention for new player base to purchase Arma 3 from them. However in our situation that we used without permission for someones lack of fully knowing about licenses and built off of because of what everyone else has done it so why not them.

So you can point fingers, kick tires and blah blah but at the end of the day nothing is accomplished. So what we can do is move forward by removing the current shit we've have and move to our own framework that has our full custom work and addons that has permissions to use.

We sent hackers to your servers to get the server files? I think not - https://github.com/TAWTonic/Altis-Life

You have over $30k in the bank from your commercial acts which will most likely be a merry christmas for you but not for RobertHammer and the other innocent modders that you have stolen content from and monetized it.

We sent hackers to your servers to get the server files? I think not - https://github.com/TAWTonic/Altis-Life

You have over $30k in the bank from your commercial acts which will most likely be a merry christmas for you but not for RobertHammer and the other innocent modders that you have stolen content from and monetized it.

LOL. A Merry Christmas for me - that's a joke as I have no access to Caiden and Zannaza's accounts. As to the hackers, those individuals know exactly who I am talking about and if you feel that you were singled out then most likely you had a part in the hacking attacks which by the way is more illegal to hack into servers hosted by a commercial entity. So

All you have accomplished by having your hacker friends take our server files

For someone so adamant in demanding proof before posting accusations this seems rather odd to me. Unless you wish to provide evidence for this? Of course hacking is an offense taken very seriously in this community.

LOL. A Merry Christmas for me - that's a joke as I have no access to Caiden and Zannaza's accounts. As to the hackers, those individuals know exactly who I am talking about and if you feel that you were singled out then most likely you had a part in the hacking attacks which by the way is more illegal to hack into servers hosted by a commercial entity. So

Sorry, are you making an accusation aimed at me? Would you like to provide me proof of this now?

Edited by StevenW129

AMatt,

I am being told that the Robert Hammer pack and other addons will be removed tomorrow sometime when they do updates.

Mike,

Thanks for the reply, I do hope this is true. However, Tonic also has asked you to remove his work; removing content 'in and when' it suits you still doesn't seem to rectify the situation.

If you could also stop referring to people as 'forum warriors'; you've claimed to be conversing in a mature manner, however this is a direct contradiction, and is starting to give me deja-vu.

Mike,

Thanks for the reply, I do hope this is true. However, Tonic also has asked you to remove his work; removing content 'in and when' it suits you still doesn't seem to rectify the situation.

If you could also stop referring to people as 'forum warriors'; you've claimed to be conversing in a mature manner, however this is a direct contradiction, and is starting to give me deja-vu.

AMatt,

I totally see your point and that I am unable to get them to budge on until the new framework is ready. I ensure you that I am pushing heavily to get off the Altis Framework so that this can be resolved. Fair enough on the comments as well.

Thanks,

Mike

Do you really think I care if other communities tries to run a community off the server files. All you have accomplished by having your hacker friends take our server files and release is now hundreds of smaller Life Servers filling their pockets for personal gains. At least the funds we generate goes back into our community. So all you have done is made this situation worse because at least in our case were not profiting for personal gain. So who is really the one hurting? The hundred of other servers that are now using Robert Hammers and everyone's mods in the same but possibly worse way of monetizing their servers. .

Yes your funds go back to the community that approves of content theft, license and copyright infringements. Of course other terrible individuals will try to profit from that, since the developer is apperently not giving a damn about what people do with the base game, even if includes the incorporation of 3rd party developers copyright protected work, masked as the amazing work of your "developers" that are either to blind to see the obviouse rips from other games or simply don`t have any creative ethics that prevent them from talking about the huge pile of bs that is going on.

Yes our work as community has accomplished very little, because without the support of the developer or massive funds to push a lawsuit, our only option is to make people aware of this abomination your team has created. Not reading or fully knowing about the license does not mean that breaking it is fine. You are in the luck that BI does not care about there own licenses enough to pursuit your community of thief supporting one eyed players that love the content stealing you are doing so much that they literaly throw there wallets at you to steal even more content from other developers in and outside of this community.

I would be pleased if you would remove all the stolen content and content by community authors that publicly mentioned they did not want to be a passive part of your terrible community. After that is done is would be indifferent about having your version of an RPG adaptation arround. Though the fact that you still did everything you did still stands. Yes your developer team should go to prison, not a virtual one, but the actual thing. But since you are still defending yourself and the A3L Team just shows that even with crushing evidence of your massive infrigements you will continue to do business as usual. The money people "donate" towards you gives you any right to keep going with your theft and BS towards the community of this and all other games you "borrowed" assets from.

In the end the question if you feel any kind of shame is answered by your actions.

Huh? What have I done? How am I a hacker? I'm merely telling you what will happen from here on out. It's something most owners have dealt with. I don't know how my statements led you to call me a "hacker", or what "your work" was supposed to mean. You need to get some sleep or something, maybe? Anyway, I dont see anything A3L has "created". What about that statement pisses you off? It is a fair assessment. I only mention that you guys can still be successful, but it wont be with so-called "unique" content, it will be based on how you manage your community. Seriously man, you need to learn to read, or stop answering posts that you didn't read in their entirety. Nothing is yours, that's all I'm saying.

Edited by ShastaRoF

ok Mike try this for size...

can you explain why you demanded $150+ from your community members to port in cars stolen from other games and you even gave them links to a russian pirate site to go shopping for the models.

http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t247/eggbeast/vecdonor_zpseae219d4.png

explain that?

caddyshack.gif

If there is more astounding proof than THIS, I'd like to see it.

Hope you guys don't intend to carry on in the game development world, cuz I got news for ya.

Huh? What have I done? How am I a hacker? I'm merely telling you what will happen from here on out. It's something most owners have dealt with. I don't know how my statements led you to call me a "hacker", or what "your work" was supposed to mean. You need to get some sleep or something, maybe? Anyway, I dont see anything A3L has "created". What about that statement pisses you off? It is a fair assessment. I only mention that you guys can still be successful, but it wont be with so-called "unique" content, it will be based on how you manage your community. Seriously man, you need to learn to read, or stop answering posts that you didn't read in their entirety. Nothing is yours, that's all I'm saying.

A3L has this mentality that the BI forums is ddosing them. All that's left there is 17-13 year olds that think were a bunch of oldfarts with morals getting angry over stupid shit for no reason. People that think like that should just leave because no one here is going away. They think BI doesn't give a shit and their scott free....shitstorm is coming to them..

Come on Mr Baxter, I am still waiting for your response. You make an accusation but don't back it up with any proof, yet you tell me I did the same yet I had proof. It seems you are quite the hypocrite.

and will you refund the $3400 received from people paying for pirated addons that were only partially delivered? as a result of your fraudulent post? or will they need to go get a chargeback from paypal citing the evidence i posted?

Mike, if you have any of that southern honour sir, i would suggest you resign from the team, apologise for trying to flannel us for the past two months, and get as far away as you can before the axe of justice inevitably falls.

I shall have a chat with PayPal tomorrow and see if I can get somebody who knows their stuff. Maybe we can get some advice that is helpful.

---------- Post added at 00:05 ---------- Previous post was at 23:41 ----------

It's funny, very shortly after Eggbeast revealed the commercial piracy that we had hidden for a while, the post on the A3L forum disappeared. It just goes to show even Mr Baxter knew he was in the wrong and didn't want to be sued or part of any legal action. I can reassure you Mr Baxter we have evidenced the whole thread including every single response to verify the purchases and the amount made from your commercial piracy service. I will mention this to PayPal and see what they think about this as you have also breached their "Acceptable Use Policy" by selling a product that breaches copyright/piracy licenses.

Just in case Mr Baxter would like me to evidence this as he claims it will be an accusation, look at number 2 of the "Prohibited Activities" section.

https://www.paypal.com/uk/webapps/mpp/ua/acceptableuse-full

Edited by StevenW129

I got to say - I start to love this threat, especially with all the completely clueless statements of "mbaxter", who does not seem to realize how bad he is doing as a defense advocate for the lost case of A3L - this is getting increasingly bizarre by the day.

BI is apparently not going to do anything - meh, who would have thought.

In case I missed it - has anyone already informed the NL tax authorities? I mean, this law abiding A3L community is surely reporting all their revenues properly, and if not, it would be only honorable if someone would help them staying on the righteous path.

Heck, I might just do that myself, just for the giggles. :)

ok Mike try this for size...

can you explain why you demanded $150+ from your community members to port in cars stolen from other games and you even gave them links to a russian pirate site to go shopping for the models.

http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t247/eggbeast/vecdonor_zpseae219d4.png

explain that?

I think I'm going to have this framed.

On topic: Mbaxter, this bit of evidence is fairly incriminating, and since my buddy next door to me has yet to be banned, I'll be sure to have him keep an eye on you guys. He won't play anymore because he dumped about $100+ dollars into you guys only to learn your dev-team is a bunch of lying cheapskates.

A. Cyprus,

Sure be more than glad to show you that the mods have been removed. Regarding the weapons, we imported our replacement weapons from Arma 2 and not using anyone else's weapon packs.

Thank you.

Can you help by clarifying exactly how this proof will be documented and when the items will be removed please?

Also, why has the decision not been taken to shut down your servers until these mods have been removed and your new frame work is in place, instead of Tonic's code?

As the A3L team is taking steps towards resolving the claims made in this thread, one might take that as admission of wrong doing. If this is the case, why does the A3L team feel it acceptable to continue this wrong doing until it suits them to make things right?

If I am a drug dealer pushing to school children, would it be acceptable for me to continue selling my wares until I can replace my stock with wholesome healthy treats?

Thanks for your time.

I got to say - I start to love this threat, especially with all the completely clueless statements of "mbaxter", who does not seem to realize how bad he is doing as a defense advocate for the lost case of A3L - this is getting increasingly bizarre by the day.

BI is apparently not going to do anything - meh, who would have thought.

In case I missed it - has anyone already informed the NL tax authorities? I mean, this law abiding A3L community is surely reporting all their revenues properly, and if not, it would be only honorable if someone would help them staying on the righteous path.

Heck, I might just do that myself, just for the giggles. :)

We have already thought about the tax etc and that is another thing we will look into.

NL tax authorities are the best (or worst). They're like relentless bloodhounds, in many cases you're more likely to get away with murder here then tax evasion.

NL tax authorities are the best (or worst). They're like relentless bloodhounds, in many cases you're more likely to get away with murder here then tax evasion.

You're the perfect person to ask this but what is your tax procedure over there? When does it have to be declared by and when does it need to paid by?

You're the perfect person to ask this but what is your tax procedure over there? When does it have to be declared by and when does it need to paid by?

We're supposed to submit our incomes from the previous year before April each year. They then process all of it and usually you end up with either a refund of overpaid taxes or they'll want the underpaid taxes from you. It usually takes a few months for them to process all of it.

I don't know an awful lot about how they deal with websites receiving donations but reading a thread on a Dutch Minecraft-forum dealing with hosting and donating, it would appear that you need to report what money you have left from donations after substracting your monthly expenses.

All donations have to be specified as its noted as income and will be taxed as described above. You do not pay VAT over donations as it is no service and/or you do not give/sell a product ... that is what makes this actually VAT tax evation as obviously here a service is provided (donate and you get a pixelated car) and as such VAT has to be paid over all those payements each quater.

Evading VAT is even worse compared to normal tax evasion (like the profit tax) which on itself is already bad....but when VAT is concerned our tax collector will push it even further.

So, yeah report them for VAT evading and let the fun start :)

Of course paypal should also be informed this account is used for VAT evasion....I bet paypal will than react much more swiftly to all accusations :)

** I am sure the thiefs are reading here as well so if you want to hurt them you have to be quick.

Edited by Guest

All donations have to be specified as its noted as income and will be taxed as described above. You do not pay VAT over donations as it is no service and/or you do not give/sell a product ... that is what makes this actually VAT tax evation as obviously here a service is provided (donate and you get a pixelated car) and as such VAT has to be paid over all those payements each quater.

Evading VAT is even worse compared to normal tax evasion (like the profit tax) which on itself is already bad....but when VAT is concerned our tax collector will push it even further.

So, yeah report them for VAT evading and let the fun start :)

Of course paypal should also be informed this account is used for VAT evasion....I bet paypal will than react much more swiftly to all accusations :)

** I am sure the thiefs are reading here as well so if you want to hurt them you have to be quick.

PayPal is already investigating.