takus

Legal violations by A3L: Arma 3 life

mbaxter,

You enter here, galloping around as if your actually pleased with the results. Do you truly believe that the A3L group is in good standing with the Arma community?

When I first started this thread I did a quick search to see if anything related came up. Were a few threads, spread across multiple websites but nothing that received much attention. What happens if this thread didn't receive this amount of attention. I suppose we would have just relied on the good nature of the A3L staff.

StevenW129,

I'm sure the moderators told individuals to stop making false statements unless you have proof. But I appreciate the forum bump to help keep the community updated that we are making an attempt to correct our wrong doing and requests to remove individuals mods from our community.

---------- Post added at 14:04 ---------- Previous post was at 14:02 ----------

A. Cyprus,

Sure be more than glad to show you that the mods have been removed. Regarding the weapons, we imported our replacement weapons from Arma 2 and not using anyone else's weapon packs.

My bad, I forgot to include my screenshot.

JqJHOFE.png

No I am stating show the proof of where we reconfigured that vehicle to remove CL3 wording.

Okay so all the addons that you renamed to begin with A3L_ have been said to be made and owned by A3L itself. You have renamed CL3 content to being with A3L to claim it as your own.

mbaxter,

You enter here, galloping around as if your actually pleased with the results. Do you truly believe that the A3L group is in good standing with the Arma community?

When I first started this thread I did a quick search to see if anything related came up. Were a few threads, spread across multiple websites but nothing that received much attention. What happens if this thread didn't receive this amount of attention. I suppose we would have just relied on the good nature of the A3L staff.

Takus,

You might call it galloping but in the real world I call it being a grown up by taking a situation that someone else made and trying to fix it. You can call it how it is as I don't have to answer to the Arma community but reply and update what is taking place to give a courtesy that what you all have stated has been heard and the owners of Arma 3 Life is indeed working on resolving.

You can continue to trash talk and blah blah all you want but at the end of the day, we stated that we will remove the requested mods in due time and that is exactly what we will do.

So have a great day sir.

---------- Post added at 16:13 ---------- Previous post was at 16:12 ----------

Okay so all the addons that you renamed to begin with A3L_ have been said to be made and owned by A3L itself. You have renamed CL3 content to being with A3L to claim it as your own.

And where is your proof that has been done sir? Another wild accusation without proof I see.

Takus,

You might call it galloping but in the real world I call it being a grown up by taking a situation that someone else made and trying to fix it. You can call it how it is as I don't have to answer to the Arma community but reply and update what is taking place to give a courtesy that what you all have stated has been heard and the owners of Arma 3 Life is indeed working on resolving.

You can continue to trash talk and blah blah all you want but at the end of the day, we stated that we will remove the requested mods in due time and that is exactly what we will do.

So have a great day sir.

---------- Post added at 16:13 ---------- Previous post was at 16:12 ----------

And where is your proof that has been done sir? Another wild accusation without proof I see.

A wild accusation with proof actually.

7PbXO5T.png

So let me understand. So something that has been in our mod files since day one is now us renaming files to hide and continue to use them?

Now that is just plain hilarious. Thanks for the forum bump I guess

So let me understand. So something that has been in our mod files since day one is now us renaming files to hide and continue to use them?

Now that is just plain hilarious. Thanks for the forum bump I guess

Okay, let me explain this to you plainly so you can understand.

A3L has taken a file from another mod author and go inside the configuration file and renamed all the CL3 lines to say A3L, missing a few of course. They have also renamed the original file to contain the A3L_ prefix which in the disclaimer says "is strictly forbidden to be used in any other game server (no matter what game) unless this server is hosted by arma3-life.com itself." This is stating that you own the content and do not want it used elsewhere.

Do I need to explain it more plainly?

Okay, let me explain this to you plainly so you can understand.

A3L has taken a file from another mod author and go inside the configuration file and renamed all the CL3 lines to say A3L, missing a few of course. They have also renamed the original file to contain the A3L_ prefix which in the disclaimer says "is strictly forbidden to be used in any other game server (no matter what game) unless this server is hosted by arma3-life.com itself." This is stating that you own the content and do not want it used elsewhere.

Do I need to explain it more plainly?

And I am telling you that you are full of crap that any of our staff went and edited configuration files to remove CL3 lines. There is only 1 vehicle in question here and the modeler swears up and down that BlueVein assisted him in the work and I believe him. So unless you have proof that line items have been changed, then show that proof or otherwise your grasping or falsely accusing us of doing something that we have not done. Do you clearly understand that?

And I am telling you that you are full of crap that any of our staff went and edited configuration files to remove CL3 lines. There is only 1 vehicle in question here and the modeler swears up and down that BlueVein assisted him in the work and I believe him. So unless you have proof that line items have been changed, then show that proof or otherwise your grasping or falsely accusing us of doing something that we have not done. Do you clearly understand that?

Are you purposely ignoring what I am saying to you? It shows it very clearly in this screenshot.

JqJHOFE.png

Steven,

It shows nothing but what was originally in the beginning files. Nothing has been changed or modified since the beginning. This is a configuration file not the make of the actual vehicle is what you don't get so move on dude as it proves nothing. You say its stolen and I am saying our mod dev worked with BlueVein on a configuration or used his configuration at that has never been denied. Doesn't mean we would label it CL3 instead of A3L because of a config file.

Do you have anything else to grip about or can we move on or you can continue to bump the forum thread.

Steven,

It shows nothing but what was originally in the beginning files. Nothing has been changed or modified since the beginning. This is a configuration file not the make of the actual vehicle is what you don't get so move on dude as it proves nothing. You say its stolen and I am saying our mod dev worked with BlueVein on a configuration or used his configuration at that has never been denied. Doesn't mean we would label it CL3 instead of A3L because of a config file.

Do you have anything else to grip about or can we move on or you can continue to bump the forum thread.

I would like to see proof of what you are saying. Otherwise it could just be yet another lie from the A3L administration.

I would like to see proof of what you are saying. Otherwise it could just be yet another lie from the A3L administration.

I don't have to show you proof of anything. Your the one making the false accusation. So show that we modified this vehicle or stop finger pecking the keyboard.

You asked for bumbs..

well..

disclamber screenshot by StevenW129

... and any use of any addons labled A3L (A3L_) AND LakesideVally.pbo is strictly forbidden to be used on any other game server (no matter what game) unless this server is hosted by

arma3-life.com itself..

And from StevenW129 config screen shot you can clearly see that the pbo file of the cl3 addon has been open and implemented into you own and renamed to A3L

So the disclamber is void. the content clearly does not belong to a3l.

mbaxter you also say that the addons are due to be removed..

what does that mean? 1 week. ? 1 month ? 1 year ? or when there is no longer a profit to make of it?

I don't have to show you proof of anything. Your the one making the false accusation. So show that we modified this vehicle or stop finger pecking the keyboard.

Then when someone does you'll say "That's at first when we started" or "that's not us". Something around the lines of that. Seriously what are you trying to prove here? All your doing is giving the thread bumps.

So to boil down to this

Mbaxter:And where is your proof that has been done sir?

Steven:

JqJHOFE.png

Mbaxter: nothing has been modified or changed

Steven:Prove it?

Mbaxter:I don't have to show your proof of anything.

Waw now that just goes to show.

Something to hide Mr Baxter? What amuses me is the fact I prove my accusations whereas you just reply with words and no visual evidence. I will not believe it until I see proof from BlueVein.

Edited by StevenW129

Something to hide Mr Baxter?

Yes Steven how did you know that I was just lying. Caught so red handed by your forum warrior investigative skills. (Sarcasm)

Yes Steven how did you know that I was just lying. Caught so red handed by your forum warrior investigative skills. (Sarcasm)

Like I say, I back everything I say up with proof yet zero of what you have said is backed up by any proof. It makes you wonder.

ok Mike try this for size...

can you explain why you demanded $150+ from your community members to port in cars stolen from other games and you even gave them links to a russian pirate site to go shopping for the models.

vecdonor_zpseae219d4.png

explain that?

Please correct me if I am wrong, but since the original content doesn't actually belong to A3L it seems the disclaimer is false, and completely non-binding. I mean someone could simply change the files names to something besides "A3L", which is in fact what you're team has done.Actually I don't think they would even need to change the file names! This legal statement is anything but legal, or enforceable!

At the end of the day, how do you on one hand justify your original usage of mods, and models, but also try to say " You can't take them from us" Seems like utter bullshit, and obviously not a legal statement. It's funny to be honest. Hypocritical, and deceitful certainly, but still a bit comedic.

can you explain why you demanded $150+ from your community members to port in cars stolen from other games and you even gave them links to a russian pirate site to go shopping for the models.

http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t247/eggbeast/vecdonor_zpseae219d4.png

explain that?

Eggbeast,

If you cared to actually read the thread that was to pay for a freelancer to use those example vehicles listed there not use those exact websites. But nice try and by the way that has been removed a while ago when advised to remove it.

well it explains how at least 3 pirated commercial models finished up in your private mod Mike.

you told your team to make models for the donors, collected their money, then gave out pirated game content

and when we and BIS raised the issue, you said, oh we can't sell them any more, and your customers got ripped off, having paid for some cars that were never delivered.

and you still say - this is non-commercial and we do not pirate stuff

Eggbeast,

If you cared to actually read the thread that was to pay for a freelancer to use those example vehicles listed there not use those exact websites. But nice try and by the way that has been removed a while ago when advised to remove it.

Mike,

At what point does it mention anything you just said.

http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t247/eggbeast/vecdonor_zpseae219d4.png

explain that?

This seems incredibly incriminating! You basically say we're going to rip off the other games for our Bohemia "mod", but then you try to say that the A3L files are proprietary, and legally yours!

Here's what I think is going to happen to this "Life" mod, just has it has happened to every other mod based on Tonic's framework; People will be using your files, people will be hosting your models, and I guess scripts but honestly when I looked at your mission, and server files I couldn't really see any new scripts written by A3L...like ZERO SCRIPTING. Lystic has some neat stuff in there, and of course Tonic's work, but I didn't see anything that was written by A3L. Anyway, what is going to happen is people are going to run A3L in parts, or maybe even in it's entirety. The burden will be on A3L...just as it is for every community... to admin, and maintain the server in such a way that it remains populated. Other than that you don't have any leg to stand on. Sorry guys, but you haven't "created" anything, and people are going to run it. Just make sure you run it best!