takus

Legal violations by A3L: Arma 3 life

we pay £100 is for ours and run A3 + HC and 3x A2 servers on it fine. but you missed the point a little.

I don't doubt that you are speaking the truth since I am familiarized with the prices but I doubt your servers gets the same level of "hate" that A3L one gets. There is no solid provider able to give you even "decent" DDOS protection in the $200 area, unless they are advertising something that they are not providing.

I wonder when the DDOS'ing began, was it before or after this legal violation debacle began?

I wonder when the DDOS'ing began, was it before or after this legal violation debacle began?

they already had DDOS attack far before this legal violation debate began. there are people who get banned from arma 3:life etc... so there are some angry kids who start to ddos them.

A3L has been under DDoS attacks for months. As of recent attacks, it seems to only correlate to the 'accusation' timings related on this thread.

Edited by KingAlmond

zanazza:

We will be removing the mod packs that the owners have made statements based off false accusations even though if we wanted to, were fully in our rights to continue to utilize for the community. Any vehicles that have been made from another game such as the claim of a bus from another game will also be removed once we talk with the original maker to determine where the files originated. Any other vehicles will be removed as well should they fall within not having permission to utilize will also be removed.

So you're probably now wondering well without weapons and cars what the hell are we going to do?! They will not be removed immediately but over time.

1. nuh uh, making $32,000 from the use of those mods and storing it up in your paypal account is commercial use mate, so the license is revoked.

2. well at least they see the piracy is real, they're just trying to pass the buck now, despite us having concrete evidence of them having directed people to piracy sites to pick the car they paid for, which has been sent to the games companies already a few days ago.

Mr Baxter, you have a great week sir.

Sooo much false accusations, if you're going to post a reply then please make sure it's reliable information and not "oh I heard it from someone else saying it" Donating the $30 makes it so you can post your app quickly and get accepted quicker, that's it. They still have to wait in the white listing room and complete an interview in the same que as everyone else who has applied. The only real difference is the written application is accepted quicker.

Personally I think this should of been kept private as this is just one big cluster of flame war which is spreading false accusations on both ends of the party's.

While the gfx you're making for the petition or flaming of A3L it's not needed and just enrages everyone else.

they already had DDOS attack far before this legal violation debate began. there are people who get banned from arma 3:life etc... so there are some angry kids who start to ddos them.
A3L has been under DDoS attacks for months. As of recent attacks, it seems to only correlate to the 'accusation' timings related on this thread.

Ah okay, thank you two. I'm not all that deep in the know with this, hadn't noticed it until just the past few days.

1. nuh uh, making $32,000 from the use of those mods and storing it up in your paypal account is commercial use mate, so the license is revoked.

Paypal should be everyone's main focus right now. If their source of income is cut then slowly but surely it will begin to die. Once that has been dealt with then it puts more pressure on them as there "donate to play" system will be void.

again, we have submitted significant concrete evidence of intention to commit piracy for money by A3L heads Caiden and Mike Baxter using the A3L development process. It is already in the hands of the game company lawyers, so watch this space. If you want to feel enraged about it that is really not our problem.

---------- Post added at 03:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:39 PM ----------

all these new "1 post" guys defending A3L make me wonder how many forum accounts those guys have

Sooo much false accusations, if you're going to post a reply then please make sure it's reliable information and not "oh I heard it from someone else saying it" Donating the $30 makes it so you can post your app quickly and get accepted quicker, that's it. They still have to wait in the white listing room and complete an interview in the same que as everyone else who has applied. The only real difference is the written application is accepted quicker.

Personally I think this should of been kept private as this is just one big cluster of flame war which is spreading false accusations on both ends of the party's.

While the gfx you're making for the petition or flaming of A3L it's not needed and just enrages everyone else.

Why are people still defending these arseholes?

---------- Post added at 03:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:39 PM ----------

[/color]all these new "1 post" guys defending A3L make me wonder how many forum accounts those guys have

A3L has 54k members there's going to be quite a few coming here....

EDITTT

No longer in the 1 post group!! YES

A3L has 54k members there's going to be quite a few coming here....

EDITTT

No longer in the 1 post group!! YES

Should we be worried? This is BI's domain, not ours, if you guys wanna stir up shit here then you're more than welcome. It's not gonna help A3L's chances though, you'll just show everyone how much taint comes from that piece of crap.

The people who play A3L do not get an opinion, you are playing a mod that uses stolen content from a plethora of games, and stolen work from various other legitimate modders, plain and simple.

Those are the kind of people you are supporting, you don't get an opinion.

A3L has been under DDoS attacks for months. As of recent attacks it only correlates to the 'accusation' timings related on this thread. Probably people who are mad at A3L, for not listening to the modding community.

accusation [ak-yoo-zey-shuh n]

noun

a charge of wrongdoing; imputation of guilt or blame

People do have right to be mad at A3L, no not even mad, foriouse to the point of hiring a lawyer to get the involved parties behind bars for a long time. Though i agree, DDosing or trying any other type of virtual attack downgrades you to a stage where you can at least reach downwards beyond your toes and touch there "developers" hand reaching upwards.

The amount of disregard for valid licenses and down right stealing of copyright protected material does not stop at the BI / A3 level - it goes acres beyond that. The fact that they even commercialized this illegal behaviour and made people aware of this by directing them towards a website with illegaly exported assest from different developers brings this to a crescendo level of biblical proportions. Because, honestly, violations of this degree and with this kind of attitude are something this long lasting community would have never dreamed of.

@ xUKz revenge:

I agree some of the Signatures are out of line, even though they are completly true. No AMAR Member has made any false accusations, everything we handed to the community in this thread was researched thoroughly. Defending the A3L developers, or at least the involved and knowing parties is like defending the god damn genocide. You aperently have not the slightest hint of insight onto this matter or you would be aware that the horsecrap must drip from your fingertips after writing something like that.

The people who play A3L do not get an opinion, you are playing a mod that uses stolen content from a plethora of games, and stolen work from various other legitimate modders, plain and simple.

Lol ok boss

I don't know what is going behind closed doors, but in this thread I have not seen any solid proof whatsoever, just allegations and testimonies from possibly people that were banned or failed the white listing process. I am not taking any sides, mainly because it is a mess in both, but you can't really call concrete evidence on what is present in this thread.

No big company will issue a cease-and-desist, unless they have a rock solid case (that includes proper evidence and evidence gathered and stored in the right way, and this excludes from the start print screens and testimonies from non identified people) and confirmed considerable amounts of money have to be involved or else it will just be a PR disaster. A case based on morality, feelings, grudges, bias, allegations, math made in 5 minutes won't be taken serious by anyone.

Unless you are keeping proof from the thread, this whole ordeal basically comes down to drama fueled by an angry mob from my point of view.

It is quite obvious they have acted wrong, but if the developers that feel that have seen their licenses broken, they need to organize and lawyer up, because those licenses being waved around in the thread have 0 value if you don't have a lawyer to protect your interests.

I am sorry if I came out harsh but this just seems like huge mess, a mess that even Bohemia apparently is trying to stay away from.

I can easily see this ending up with the big companies requesting in a friendly way for their models (if it is proven to be true) to be removed and A3L just complying, because they have a legal teams instead of testosterone and drama powered mobs.

Edited by JonSnu

Actually they should if we are to see ourselves as maintaining any semblence of integrity.

The justice system is made to hear both the accused and accuser, they have every right to voice their opinion as we do as long as they keep it civil and not wind up getting themselves banned.

again, we have submitted significant concrete evidence of intention to commit piracy for money by A3L heads Caiden and Mike Baxter using the A3L development process. It is already in the hands of the game company lawyers, so watch this space. If you want to feel enraged about it that is really not our problem.

In all honesty, you and the other people who are flame feeding this argument are consciously trying to create a flame war and hatred towards A3L to get it taken down.

Personally, I have been with the community since March this year and have had no involvement in the direct development nor Staff other than Support Team for taking in applications, and the intention does not lie in A3L generating money for personal or company use, such as a commercial entity.

The community got big, and they started to make money because people wanted to get on and play quickly, ahead of other people - they made the decision to donate, they were never ever forced to donate. People forget that the users who have donated are doing so fully knowing what they are doing, and are not being "cheated" out of anything.

- General Disclaimer: No I have not donated a cent to the community and have played here since March, which goes to show that it is definitely not a requirement to play, or one of the Community's goals. -

If content creators do not want their work to be used by a popular Community, then why provide their content for the ARMA community to play for free?? - If you don't want your content to be used, don't make the content or restrict the access, period.

Actually they should if we are to see ourselves as maintaining any semblence of maturity.

The justice system is made to hear both the accused and accuser, they have every right to voice their opinion as we do as long as they keep it civil and not wind up getting themselves banned.

You're right, I'm just frustrated.

But dude, they are protecting that piece of crap because they are afraid of losing it, and so they should be.

---------- Post added at 15:57 ---------- Previous post was at 15:56 ----------

In all honesty, you and the other people who are flame feeding this argument are consciously trying to create a flame war and hatred towards A3L to get it taken down.

Personally, I have been with the community since March this year and have had no involvement in the direct development nor Staff other than Support Team for taking in applications, and the intention does not lie in A3L generating money for personal or company use, such as a commercial entity.

The community got big, and they started to make money because people wanted to get on and play quickly, ahead of other people - they made the decision to donate, they were never ever forced to donate. People forget that the users who have donated are doing so fully knowing what they are doing, and are not being "cheated" out of anything.

- General Disclaimer: No I have not donated a cent to the community and have played here since March, which goes to show that it is definitely not a requirement to play, or one of the Community's goals. -

If content creators do not want their work to be used by a popular Community, then why provide their content for the ARMA community to play for free?? - If you don't want your content to be used, don't make the content or restrict the access, period.

If you get something in return, whether it be an ingame item or a sped up application process, then it's not a donation, at all.

I have to add something to that, if you are a "long time" gamer and you are telling me you did not notice any type of stolen content that at least looks somewhat familiar, you must have played Pokemon for the last 10 years before buying a fast lane application process to get into this menace of violations.

You're right, I'm just frustrated.

But dude, they are protecting that piece of crap because they are afraid of losing it, and so they should be.

No need to flame at a3l members though. At the end of the day they just want to have fun and the mod provides that

No need to flame at a3l members though. At the end of the day they just want to have fun and the mod provides that

That is down to personal preference, but if you want a better experience, go play Second Life, it's still a piece of crap though.

In your opinion, how well is that working in this situation?