takus

Legal violations by A3L: Arma 3 life

Contact crysis and M$. There are solid proof that their models are used in another game engine.

Right I've tried, I'm at my absolute wit's end, anyone else that posts unsubstantiated claims without ABSOLUTE 100% proof is going to be dolled out infractions and going to the naughty step and be given a time out...

Think before posting, ask yourself, "Is there any way this does not show complete and absolute complicity or could be false?". If the answer is yes to any of that DO NOT POST, if you think it's relevant and you have proof pm me.

I know this is the internet but we are going to discuss this as adults should do, based on reasoning and facts.

PS: Thank you to the people who have been trying to push for evidence, reasoning and onus probandi.

Edited by MattLightfoot

Matt... I'm confused here... I know for a fact that evidence has been posted here in this thread, and sent to you personally. Are you daft?

Matt... I'm confused here... I know for a fact that evidence has been posted here in this thread, and sent to you personally. Are you daft?

I know there has but it has been in a significant minority compared to the vast amount of assertions based on rumour, I intend on redressing that balance.

Right I've tried, I'm at my absolute wit's end, anyone else that posts unsubstantiated claims without ABSOLUTE 100% proof is going to be dolled out infractions and going to the naughty step and be given a time out...

Think before posting, ask yourself, "Is there any way this does not show complete and absolute complicity or could be false?". If the answer is yes to any of that DO NOT POST, if you think it's relevant and you have proof pm me.

I know this is the internet but we are going to discuss this as adults should do, based on reasoning and facts.

PS: Thank you to the people who have been trying to push for evidence, reasoning and onus probandi.

So here's the thing, I don't believe you Matt, I don't believe you will do a damn thing about it. I had a Skype conversation with you, if you even remember, I had substantial evidence against a particular person using my work, my config and O2 fixes for a model that he's put on the MANW competition, A model he didn't bloody make.

You have failed to take it down with absolute proof that he didn't have permission to do so, so why should these people believe you would do anything WITH 100% proof?

I'm sorry guys but this one is up to the community to sort out, again.

thanks i removed the image hoster.

anyway, im confused. one says that .net is theyr other website, other says that someone fake A3L website but there are certain things i dont understand:

when someone fake the website of A3L, where are the donations from the fake website going ? the .net site has a donation system too and people donated there.

Havatan19,

I can help you with this as the arma3-life.net is definitely not associated with Arma 3 Life. However if you look very closely that the person behind the website is Goatboy which last I looked was a forum administrator for Tonic on Altisliferpg.com so I am sure they are sharing the donations they are making.

wow so they are receiving donations for Tonics mission code! well done Mike. maybe you could offer some of your gold to him too in recompense?

I am sure they are sharing the donations they are making.

Aha.

But do you have indisputable proof of that?

Eh?

Sorry I don't receive any gold but I would like to get a signature as you all seem to be very creative and feel left out.

ok i have posted a blog on moddb which everyone can access and read.

now the moddb community is informed about this mod. i bet that when arma 3:life have success by posting theyr mod there, a shitstorm will overrun theyr page where everyone will comment that they are stealers etc.

here is the post:

http://www.moddb.com/members/havatan10/blogs/stay-away-from-arma-3-life-mod

You might want to edit this bit:

even the main code of this mod was stolen by tonic and edited.

Havatan19,

I can help you with this as the arma3-life.net is definitely not associated with Arma 3 Life. However if you look very closely that the person behind the website is Goatboy which last I looked was a forum administrator for Tonic on Altisliferpg.com so I am sure they are sharing the donations they are making.

Goatboy is not an administrator or any part of staff on the Altis Life RPG website. He is just a supporter.

- Section Removed -

Edited by StevenW129
grammatically incorrect.

gamemodels.ru...... says it all really, bloody Russians.

oh think i know form where the cars from forza and co came from thanks to stevenW129 if you look hear http://gamemodels.ru/files/ maybe we find a lot of other cars they used

Yes, this post slipped my mind until now. I thought it might have been worth mentioning.

Then saying "we will give special content to people who donate extra". If said content is something I stole then technicly I am commercializing your content.

As far as I have read, they didn't steal a mod. As a matter of fact, you can't "steal" a mod for Arma 2/3 because we are unable to sell mods.

Also, they aren't commercializing mods. Lets say I had debinarized the Kuma, remodeled it to have a railgun cannon, pbo'ed it and put it back in game, hypothetically. Imagine if I were to say to you, "I'll give you a railgun tank for $10". You give me $10 and I give you a mega link to the pbo. Then I'd be commercializing EULA BIS content and that would be illegal. I would be selling a piece of content that you do not have, that you do not already own, which I cannot legally claim complete ownership of. In the case of Arma 3 Life, you already have the content on your computer as you cannot connect to the server without the mods. While they do not have legal ownership of the mod, they don't need to as you already have and own the mod in your Arma 3 install folder. With Arma 3 Life, you are paying for a service exclusive to their server. You are paying for a script to execute "If ArmaID = ABC then addweapon XYZ". You can play with the content all you want in the editor or single player you already own it. They didn't sell it to you. Paying to access content is not commercializing a mod, its providing a service.

If anything you should be upset at their customers who obtain the mods and enable them to sell a service to use them.

Then again, I think you are just upset someone found a way to make money off of Arma 3 :^)

So do Armalife have any rights to sue you for using Armalife files?

Ok this turned into a circle jerk over if we can sue or not. I believe addon creators should word their content very careful legally so people can't claim it. This is kinda getting embarrassing. We just need to give it a rest, A3L will quiet down and die endless they do something really fucked up again.

Edited by ArmaPilot

So do they have the rights to sue you? I heard from German Developers that were sued for 15000 dollars because they host it?